Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 462823 times)

Offline Olson.dev

Re: [GB] Gateron Switches
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:06:33 »
Just as an aside, $24 is a lot for shipping! I don't know how much space 300 switches occupies in loose form but I would imagine it could fit quite nicely in a USPS Flat Rate box.

Regardless, ~$79 is a good price for 3+ keyboards worth of switches and should keep me well occupied. Hell, maybe I'll turn this MX blue Das in to a Gateron Clear Das...

Can't wait to get busy with the iron!

so it seems the $7-8/100 switches in the OP holds true
If I were to send in an invoice for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?
well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $12 shipping

Wait, then why am I being charged $23.00 shipping for 280?

Offline RavenII

« Reply #801 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:16:34 »
Just as an aside, $24 is a lot for shipping! I don't know how much space 300 switches occupies in loose form but I would imagine it could fit quite nicely in a USPS Flat Rate box.

Regardless, ~$79 is a good price for 3+ keyboards worth of switches and should keep me well occupied. Hell, maybe I'll turn this MX blue Das in to a Gateron Clear Das...

If I were to send in an invoice for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?

Because it's Hwood's first GB, it was thrown together just to spite MD and because of that, a LOT of things were over looked. For example, he hadn't taken into account the shipping fee from Gateron TO Shadovved. But, it's all a part of the GB. To be honest, I was expecting to lose my money on this, if I get my switches, I'll be VERY happy.

Edit: Want another oversight? What happens when people don't actually commit? I mean I could have put in an order for 1300 switches, but if I get my invoice and think...."Screw that, I'm not paying that much in shipping" or if I had a specific budget in mind (which I actually did) and back out...and we hit below the 20k mark...what happens then? Does HWood pick up the slack?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:19:08 by RavenII »

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #802 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:23:19 »
Because it's Hwood's first GB, it was thrown together just to spite MD and because of that, a LOT of things were over looked.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....That statement is not true at all. Hwood had been working on this for a while. This was not something that just was thrown together to spite MD. It might have gone live sooner that originally scheduled, but it was not something that happened overnight.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #803 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:24:00 »
Am i supposed to get my invoice by now?

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #804 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:28:05 »
Because it's Hwood's first GB, it was thrown together just to spite MD and because of that, a LOT of things were over looked. For example, he hadn't taken into account the shipping fee from Gateron TO Shadovved. But, it's all a part of the GB. To be honest, I was expecting to lose my money on this, if I get my switches, I'll be VERY happy.

Edit: Want another oversight? What happens when people don't actually commit? I mean I could have put in an order for 1300 switches, but if I get my invoice and think...."Screw that, I'm not paying that much in shipping" or if I had a specific budget in mind (which I actually did) and back out...and we hit below the 20k mark...what happens then? Does HWood pick up the slack?

So much wrong in this comment. hwood has been working on this for a while now, you need to get your **** straight before you start posting non-sense like this.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #805 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:40:10 »

So much wrong in this comment. hwood has been working on this for a while now, you need to get your **** straight before you start posting non-sense like this.

Hwood put much effort into this, this aint a last minute slip-shod event you looking at here.

We roughly agreed on the shipping rates, but it's not $12 for 200 odd switches

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #806 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:40:23 »
paid

Offline RavenII

« Reply #807 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:43:40 »
Easy there cowboys...I'm not ragging on him, but at the end of the day, business is business. The fact is...a LOT changed during the course of this GB during the GB. I know this is common, I'm just stating the facts. That's all. I'm not saying he hasn't tried hard to get this done. I'm just explaining why there's differences.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #808 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:44:14 »
I PM'd both Shadovved and Hwood to cancel my order and invoice. You guys suck and I don't want to be associated with this any more. Just kidding, I will resubmit a new much larger order, try to help out Swill with the browns especially.
Same here! I ordered another 300 Browns!!! LEGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:46:23 »

Sure, things get overlooked but that still doesn't explain why 40% more switches results in 92% more shipping. Usually shipping costs go down the more you order. I've had several back-and-forth PMs with Shadovved now and I can't wrap my head around how this shipping works. Shadovved has given me very little in way of response and what  info he actually did give me conflicts with what Hwood34 just said. I'd like to see more transparency: what are the breakpoints for shipping? Are you only using one box size or doing it on a per-order basis? Providing this information would allow me to optimize my order better for my budget.

Regarding your point about expecting to lose your money... why not just pay the extra $$ for the MD if you had so little confidence?

Right @ oversight example. This expensive/unclear shipping has me calling my own commitment level into question...

Hwood put much effort into this, this aint a last minute slip-shod event you looking at here.

If so much effort was put in, why aren't you two on the same page?

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #810 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:47:13 »
I PM'd both Shadovved and Hwood to cancel my order and invoice. You guys suck and I don't want to be associated with this any more. Just kidding, I will resubmit a new much larger order, try to help out Swill with the browns especially.

Love you guys!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #811 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:47:15 »
Considering the size of this GB, the logistics that is still to come, and the money handling process, these guys have done really great.

For those of us complaining for a few small details, I suggest you to give this a second thought, before writing without enough arguments, facts, and data; and some times even out of context.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #812 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:57:57 »
Order resubmitted. Wish I could do more but maybe it will help a bit.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #813 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:07:00 »

Love you guys!

Me too!  :P

Offline joey

« Reply #814 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:25:56 »
Apparently my shipping would be 60$.. that's for 100$ of switches.

Doesn't that sound excessive?

Offline Want

« Reply #815 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:29:27 »
Invoice paid. Dis gon' be good.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #816 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:30:39 »
my shipping was half the cost of my order - $64 for 400 switches (100 of each) and $32 for shipping.  that being said 100 bucks for 400 switches seems reasonable

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #817 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:35:07 »
Yes, the shipping is expensive but worth it IMHO. These guys are doing the best they can and a great service to all of us.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #818 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:35:57 »

Hmmm, wonder what mine will be with over $700 of switches.  :P  I hope its less than $200.  We will see...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #819 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:37:23 »
my shipping was half the cost of my order - $64 for 400 switches (100 of each) and $32 for shipping.  that being said 100 bucks for 400 switches seems reasonable

When the switches are really cheap, this is bound to happen.  Shipping is never cheap, thats just part of buying stuff online...

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #820 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:37:42 »
Maybe you two should save your money and take each other on dates!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #821 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:44:32 »
ITT: People who have never shipped internationally and who don't understand that there are weight and size limits on different kinds of shipping.

$100 worth of switches is 625 switches.  Even at $160 for all of them, that's $0.25 a switch, still a damn good price.

As for the shipping cost, that's completely reasonable for the weight of the package.  Assuming a similar weight to MX, it should be somewhere between 1400g and 2000g, depending on packaging and switch weight variance.  If I remember correctly, Shadovved is shipping out of Singapore.  The cheapest shipping via Singapore post works out to $51USD, that's before packaging costs and PayPal fees, which can easily make up most of the difference.  There's maybe $1-2 for him sorting everything out for you.

Did it hurt a little when I got hit with a $23 (or something around there) shipping charge on 200 switches and 80 switch tops?  It sure did, especially since I'm used to US shipping, but it's a more than reasonable shipping price for the weight and given that it's international.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #822 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:49:30 »
ITT: People who have never shipped internationally and who don't understand that there are weight and size limits on different kinds of shipping.

$100 worth of switches is 625 switches.  Even at $160 for all of them, that's $0.25 a switch, still a damn good price.

As for the shipping cost, that's completely reasonable for the weight of the package.  Assuming a similar weight to MX, it should be somewhere between 1400g and 2000g, depending on packaging and switch weight variance.  If I remember correctly, Shadovved is shipping out of Singapore.  The cheapest shipping via Singapore post works out to $51USD, that's before packaging costs and PayPal fees, which can easily make up most of the difference.  There's maybe $1-2 for him sorting everything out for you.

Did it hurt a little when I got hit with a $23 (or something around there) shipping charge on 200 switches and 80 switch tops?  It sure did, especially since I'm used to US shipping, but it's a more than reasonable shipping price for the weight and given that it's international.

When I bought the 300 black Gaterons from Taobao, my proxy charged me ~$35 for shipping (EMS) to me.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline toonoobtobereal

« Reply #823 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:55:13 »
And consider the order paid Shadovved!

Shipping was on par with the $8/100 switches, so $20 for shipping for 250 switches. Comes down to €0,248 per switch, so much cheaper than any other option available.

Can't wait for them to get here :)
CM Storm QuickFire Pro (MX Red) / Varmilo VA87MR (MX Red) with mint PBT caps EVE caps

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #824 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:13:42 »
And paid. This group buy is the first thing to pull me out of lurking, and I'll admit the shipping threw me at first, but I get that all the time in Hawaii anyway.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #825 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:16:29 »

If so much effort was put in, why aren't you two on the same page?

well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $12 16 shipping

edit: sry typo
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #826 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:18:27 »

this

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #827 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:35:01 »
Invoice paid today!

I can't express how thankful I am, and I'm sure all who participated are just as thankful, for the hard work put into this GB.

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #828 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:02:29 »
Just paid my invoice. Thanks Gater king!  :thumb:
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #829 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:14:05 »
I think there's a misunderstanding...I didn't say that it wasn't a great deal, or that you should back out, or that we should (well at least I'm certainly not ungrateful) be ungrateful...all I'm saying is that people should have gone into this GB expecting there to be a LOT of changes, primarily because (and hwood himself stated this) that it was launched earlier than expected (which would mean rushed) because of Massdrop.

This doesn't mean that there wasn't planning or effort involved but come on...

1. March 16th payment deadline, transferring the money to Gateron, getting the shipment FROM Gateron to Shadovved, sorting and packaging, and still quote an April 1/2 ship date? Does that actually sound realistic to you guys?

2. 7-8 shipping at first (without stating that it would be more for higher quantities in the first place)? Some people budgeted a certain amount, so now that could potentially lead to a hell of a lot of people changing their orders to stay within their budget...and if you're going to give me that crap about "dude, it's only a few dollars...", sure, I agree, I'll just send you my paypal email and you can pay the difference for me, I mean it's only a couple of dollars, right? Again, what happens if the quantities drop below 20k because of this...?

I love that people keep saying "dude, it's still $.25"...Ok, say you ordered 1300 switches of 1 kind...that's .16 x 1300 = $208+($8*13)(that's the $8 per 100 switches) = 312+3.5 GB fee = 315.5 + 3.9% PP Fee = $327.80/1300 is...YOU GUESSED IT! $.25 but...it's still $228.58 vs $327.80 ($99.22 difference)...even in nubbinator's example of $100 dollars worth of switches, that's $108 vs $160...$52 is $52 either way.

There're a lot of people (like nubbinator) here that know the different customs/methods for shipping in another country. A lot of us are new to group buys (including me), and in the US for example..."if it fits, it ships" :) ...how am I supposed to know what the shipping options are in another country, I honestly thought they had the same thing there...but it turns out they don't.

3. The reason the GB fee went from $2 to $3.5 was because I pointed out (in a PM to hwood) that he might not have considered the cost of shipping TO Shadovved in the .16 price. You're welcome btw...because that would have lead to another adjustment much later down the road than when I pointed it out.

I definitely hope this GB goes through without further bumps, if for no other reason, for swill's sake haha...but seriously? I'd rather all this be worked out now before I submit my money rather than have another GH60 happen.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:16:46 »
Can we get an update of the order counts for the different switches?  ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #831 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:21:40 »
1. March 16th payment deadline, transferring the money to Gateron, getting the shipment FROM Gateron to Shadovved, sorting and packaging, and still quote an April 1/2 ship date? Does that actually sound realistic to you guys?
That was the quote I was given

2. 7-8 shipping at first (without stating that it would be more for higher quantities in the first place)?
The fact that it costs more to ship more stuff just kinda seemed like a common sense thing to me, but just to make sure:

sorry, misread this. It's being discussed

I definitely hope this GB goes through without further bumps, if for no other reason, for swill's sake haha...but seriously? I'd rather all this be worked out now before I submit my money rather than have another GH60 happen.
I physically don't see how we could mess up enough to turn this into another GH60 :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:32:32 by hwood34 »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:23:12 »
what happened with the GH60?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #833 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:24:46 »

Nothing that actually could be related with this GB.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #834 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:26:44 »
Can we get an update of the order counts for the different switches?  ;)
Browns: 20,300
;)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #835 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:29:12 »

Better read the GH60 GB topic, it has all the drama involved.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #836 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:32:19 »

Better read the GH60 GB topic, it has all the drama involved.

There is no reason to referred that here, it may confuse people not aware of that drama.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #837 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:34:54 »
There is no reason to referred that here, it may confuse people not aware of that drama.

Agreed. And I won't say anything more about it here.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #838 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:37:14 »

2. 7-8 shipping at first (without stating that it would be more for higher quantities in the first place)?
The fact that it costs more to ship more stuff just kinda seemed like a common sense thing to me, but just to make sure:
anything more will be calculated

I physically don't see how we could mess up enough to turn this into another GH60 :p

You can keep saying that we should have known that shipping would be more expensive for more switches, but originally it was "$7-8 worldwide" with no mention of price hikes for larger quantities. I guess you'll figure it out when you notice how many invoices go unpaid. I know I was pretty shocked to see that my $44 worth of switches cost me $70.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #839 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:44:42 »

You can keep saying that we should have known that shipping would be more expensive for more switches, but originally it was "$7-8 worldwide" with no mention of price hikes for larger quantities. I guess you'll figure it out when you notice how many invoices go unpaid. I know I was pretty shocked to see that my $44 worth of switches cost me $70.
well, I edited my post to reflect my confusal of what he was talking about, but I guess my original sentiment stands here. I'm not sure how many people thought that they would still be paying $8 to ship 400 switches from Singapore to Brazil, but, as evidenced by the number of unpaid invoices, it's a very small number

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #840 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:49:34 »

I'm not sure that was RavenII's point. Like I said, generally the more you order, the cheaper shipping is per unit.

well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $12 16 shipping

edit: sry typo

Obviously you thought the same. If you had meant to type 16 originally, that statement would've been nonsensical: "well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 2*(100) switches is 2*($7-8) shipping". Your edit wasn't to fix a typo, it was to make a correction... because you and Shadovved miscommunicated/changed your minds/whatever.

I still think this has the potential to be a great deal for everyone. I just don't like that I'm not making any savings for ordering more than 100 switches. This flat shipping rate hurts people who place larger orders. Every multiple of 100 switches has the exact same $$/switch ratio and it shouldn't.

Offline toonoobtobereal

« Reply #841 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:56:03 »
I'm not sure how many people thought that they would still be paying $8 to ship 400 switches from Singapore to Brazil, but, as evidenced by the number of unpaid invoices, it's a very small number

^ that. I took the original statement of $7~8 / 100 switches as "okay, so 200 is ~`$16, 300 is ~$24 etc... seemed utterly logical to me when it concerns shipping internationally, which is all weight-based.

I guess it's the same as when microwave manufacturers 'forget' to specify in the manual "to not put live animals in the unit" they are liable to get sued by people who've microwaved their cats...

So what happens now the Browns have broken the 20k limit? People who already paid their invoices are compensated with the 0.24 vs 0.16 p/switch price difference? *I didn't get any browns, but just curious
CM Storm QuickFire Pro (MX Red) / Varmilo VA87MR (MX Red) with mint PBT caps EVE caps

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #842 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:01:50 »
I'm not sure how many people thought that they would still be paying $8 to ship 400 switches from Singapore to Brazil, but, as evidenced by the number of unpaid invoices, it's a very small number
So what happens now the Browns have broken the 20k limit? People who already paid their invoices are compensated with the 0.24 vs 0.16 p/switch price difference? *I didn't get any browns, but just curious
We have been marking browns as 0.16 for all invoices, so there shouldn't be any need for correction

Offline Naed

• Tinkerer and maker of weird prototypes
« Reply #843 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:02:07 »
Ordered :)

200 Clear
200 Brown
50 Black

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #844 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:03:07 »
I too was a bit shocked by the shipping. I knew my shipping would be more, but figured that it would scale and not be used as a multiplier.

That being said, I think that the numbers may be throwing people off if you're just looking at the invoice. Seeing that shipping is about one-third of the total cost can be a bit alarming, but if you do the math, I still think this is a good deal.

Assuming shipping is $8 per 100 switches, then that means that it's $0.08 per switch to ship. If the switches are $0.16 each, then with shipping it means we're paying $0.24 per switch. I don't know about you, but that's still a great deal in my book.

Just my two cents.  :))

Offline RavenII

« Reply #845 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:38:16 »

^ that. I took the original statement of $7~8 / 100 switches as "okay, so 200 is ~`$16, 300 is ~$24 etc... seemed utterly logical to me when it concerns shipping internationally, which is all weight-based.

I guess it's the same as when microwave manufacturers 'forget' to specify in the manual "to not put live animals in the unit" they are liable to get sued by people who've microwaved their cats...

If only we were all as logical as you were. I mean, it's not like there are almost 200 countries in the world...we should all know the standards of shipping just like you do, right? I'd help you get off of your high horse, but...I'm sure your utter logic will help you down.

/s

Not everyone knows these things. It's not common knowledge. Just like if I were to ask you what SWR means...you wouldn't know, but a person into antenna design would.

Another example is the following...

So were we...we were told shipping would be $7-8, right? How is someone supposed to deduce any more details from that? Use all the logic in the world, but the fact of the matter is...it's not so logical when so many people have the same sentiment I do. That's it.

You want to see the lack of communication?

Tell me again about your logic? I mean, April 1st clearly means 16th, right? It's utterly logical...give me a break. Has your horse gotten a bit shorter yet?

Offline mecano

« Reply #846 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 14:03:37 »
and.... Paid! Thanks for your patience hwood34 ;)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #847 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 14:58:41 »

If only we were all as logical as you were. I mean, it's not like there are almost 200 countries in the world...we should all know the standards of shipping just like you do, right? I'd help you get off of your high horse, but...I'm sure your utter logic will help you down.

/s

Not everyone knows these things. It's not common knowledge. Just like if I were to ask you what SWR means...you wouldn't know, but a person into antenna design would.

Another example is the following...

So were we...we were told shipping would be $7-8, right? How is someone supposed to deduce any more details from that? Use all the logic in the world, but the fact of the matter is...it's not so logical when so many people have the same sentiment I do. That's it.

You want to see the lack of communication?
Show Image

Tell me again about your logic? I mean, April 1st clearly means 16th, right? It's utterly logical...give me a break. Has your horse gotten a bit shorter yet?

First off, I'm very sick and on mobile so I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. Will do my best to word this correctly.

I understand when you seem to get defensive or have a bit of an attitude when you want to get answers to something that seems unreasonable like the shipping cost.

I don't understand is why you choose to instigate and pick fights with people by giving them an attitude and being rude.

Yea, I'm still debating ordering because of the shipping, and yes, I don't know everything about shipping.
If I have a problem with shipping, I'll inform myself however I can, and if I still feel uncomfortable, I just won't buy.

"Not everyone knows these things. It's not common knowledge. Just like if I were to ask you what SWR means...you wouldn't know, but a person into antenna design would."

If you were to ask what SWR meant and I was BUYING AN ANTENNA, then sure, maybe your example would make sense. No point in brining that up in this case.

Just stop trying to start fights.

Shipping is something not everyone knows everything about, so if you want to know because you are confused on why the cost is what it is, then ask or do some research.

If there is some differences on what is on the form and the OP in terms of shipping dates, so what? Are you in a rush to get these? Are you moving on the 4th and will need to change your address?
If that is the case or not, I understand your concern if it is one.

I'd like to know when this is going to ship, but you can't just come and be like "look at all these 'errors' in this GB. Look! The dates don't match either! They're so bad!"

Again, if it a concern because you have an issue, I understand and you should try and find out if there is a more accurate date. If it isn't, then what is the deal with making a bigger issue than it is.

Just stop trying to start something. If you want to get to the bottom of things and make things clear, do it in a civil manner.

Offline Natemiester

« Reply #848 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:04:21 »
This may have been asked before, but can anyone speak as to how the Gateron browns compare to Cherry Clears? Thanks a bunch for doing this GB.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #849 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:09:46 »
This may have been asked before, but can anyone speak as to how the Gateron browns compare to Cherry Clears? Thanks a bunch for doing this GB.
Have you checked the links in the OP regarding the gateron impressions? You might fond your answer there.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S