Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 462856 times)

Offline RavenII

Re: [GB] Gateron Switches
« Reply #850 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:14:15 »
I guess it's the same as when microwave manufacturers 'forget' to specify in the manual "to not put live animals in the unit" they are liable to get sued by people who've microwaved their cats...

If you were to ask what SWR meant and I was BUYING AN ANTENNA, then sure, maybe your example would make sense. No point in brining that up in this case.

Right, so, how many watts is the microwave that you plan on buying?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #851 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:16:25 »

I guess it's the same as when microwave manufacturers 'forget' to specify in the manual "to not put live animals in the unit" they are liable to get sued by people who've microwaved their cats...

If you were to ask what SWR meant and I was BUYING AN ANTENNA, then sure, maybe your example would make sense. No point in brining that up in this case.

1200 watts. Not buying a new one though.

Now if you have a question that does not pertain to the GB, take it to PMs

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #852 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:18:01 »

:confused:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline RavenII

« Reply #853 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:18:42 »
This may have been asked before, but can anyone speak as to how the Gateron browns compare to Cherry Clears? Thanks a bunch for doing this GB.

From what I've gathered from all that I read about them...they're more equal to MX browns than MX Clears. They're definitely not a substitute.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #854 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:35:55 »

Blah blah blah

Back in the 90's Motley Crüe had a great song that said "Girl, don't go away mad; girl, just go away."  I think the same applies here.

You're not doing yourself any favors here. You've said your piece. People get that you think it's unreasonable for you to be expected to know where Singapore is and to be flexible because this is a Group Buy and not a transaction with some store somewhere. That's fine for you to think thus, and also fine for most people to not agree with you.

What's not fine is to come here and be rude and berate people who are serving the community.

If you don't want to pay the shipping fee, cancel your order and don't post here anymore.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline QuiGonJinn

« Reply #855 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:56:55 »
Juts paid the invoice, thanks for this great GB! Do we know yet which delivery service will be used to post from Singpost? (Just want to estimate how long my wait will be   :) )

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #856 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:10:08 »
Just paid my invoice! Wooo! Looking forward to getting these

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #857 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:11:03 »
Juts paid the invoice, thanks for this great GB! Do we know yet which delivery service will be used to post from Singpost? (Just want to estimate how long my wait will be   :) )
Wouldn't a surprise be nice?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #858 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:16:45 »
Paid!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #859 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:21:53 »
Order Submitted  :-X More keyboards.......

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #860 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:23:54 »
registered airmail

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #861 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:26:43 »

Blah blah blah

Back in the 90's Motley Crüe had a great song that said "Girl, don't go away mad; girl, just go away."  I think the same applies here.

You're not doing yourself any favors here. You've said your piece. People get that you think it's unreasonable for you to be expected to know where Singapore is and to be flexible because this is a Group Buy and not a transaction with some store somewhere. That's fine for you to think thus, and also fine for most people to not agree with you.

What's not fine is to come here and be rude and berate people who are serving the community.

If you don't want to pay the shipping fee, cancel your order and don't post here anymore.

Well said  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline toonoobtobereal

« Reply #862 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:31:04 »
If only we were all as logical as you were. I mean, it's not like there are almost 200 countries in the world...we should all know the standards of shipping just like you do, right? I'd help you get off of your high horse, but...I'm sure your utter logic will help you down.

Sjeez... Angry at the world much?

Not everyone knows these things. It's not common knowledge. Just like if I were to ask you what SWR means...you wouldn't know, but a person into antenna design would.

Shipping is something not everyone knows everything about, so if you want to know because you are confused on why the cost is what it is, then ask or do some research.

Yes there are 200+ countries in the world, each with their own procedures, costs and quirks when it comes to shipping goods. Hell, I live in the south of the Netherlands and if I want to ship something across the border to Belgium (which is a 20 minute car ride away), costs rise exponentially compared to national shipping... Even nationally, if I have a package that weighs even a few grams over 10 kg shipping costs triples compared to something up to 10kg.

It may not be common knowledge, but we live a world where we can communicate without delay across the world, where most of human knowledge is freely available and any form of smut one could ever wish for (and sometimes wish they could unsee) is available. All that is a simple query away. Like asdfjkl36 said, do some research.

we were told shipping would be $7-8, right? How is someone supposed to deduce any more details from that? Use all the logic in the world, but the fact of the matter is...it's not so logical when so many people have the same sentiment I do. That's it.

Expecting that any order would have that shipping is not a lack of knowledge, it's a lack of reading, since the the opening post states it would be $7~$8 per 100 switches.

You want to see the lack of communication?
[ image in original post ]
Tell me again about your logic? I mean, April 1st clearly means 16th, right? It's utterly logical...give me a break. Has your horse gotten a bit shorter yet?

Not particularly fond of horses, I find donkeys to be much more fun, source of endless fun those stubborn f*ckers are.

If hwood34 was told that date by Gateron, then he was told that date by Gateron. If they calculate an extra margin for handling and shipping it out to us, which means it'll ship later, so be it. Rather have them take a little bit longer and do it right instead of rushed to meet some, apparently, "it's-a-dealbreaker-if-you-guys-don't-make-this-promise".

I'd like to know when this is going to ship, but you can't just come and be like "look at all these 'errors' in this GB. Look! The dates don't match either! They're so bad!"

Look at Massdrop, a company which does nothing else but act as proxies for group buys, they can't clearly communicate shipping dates and or corrections on shipping dates. So a couple of guys doing this in their spare time, to help out like-minded people (for which I am very grateful) can't be expected to be flawless at this sh*t either, it ain't easy, you're dealing with companies on the other end of the world, completely different cultures, that **** is hard, like mind-boggingly, "why-the-f-did-I-start-doing-this-again" hard at times.

Just stop trying to start something. If you want to get to the bottom of things and make things clear, do it in a civil manner.

^ that.

1200 watts. Not buying a new one though.

1200 watts will nuke those kittens, uhh, bitesize brownies a lot faster!

--

Again, can't wait to greet the postman at my door with a package of clicky goodness that will annoy the girlfriend for years to come  :)
CM Storm QuickFire Pro (MX Red) / Varmilo VA87MR (MX Red) with mint PBT caps EVE caps

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #863 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:46:27 »
paid, but the euro exchange rate  :'(

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #864 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:49:09 »
Expecting that any order would have that shipping is not a lack of knowledge, it's a lack of reading, since the the opening post states it would be $7~$8 per 100 switches.
I believe that a few days ago it said "Shipping for 0-around 200 switches will be around $7-8 worldwide no matter where since it's being shipped out of Singapore; anything more will be calculated." (emphasis mine)

I ordered 168 switches and got $13 in shipping costs which is $5 more than I expected but because blue switches got subsidized at the same time the total is about what I expected anyway, so I'm good.

Price fluctuations happen sometimes in group buys, and as long as it is not too much and it is stated OK, then that is something that we could live with.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:56:23 by Findecanor »

Offline raginhomosapien

« Reply #865 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:56:43 »
New to mechanical keyboards, but I have been lurking around and decided making one would be a great project  to get things started. 
Got 100 Blues and 100 Browns.  :)
Hopefully the blues break 20K before the deadline so we get the discount on them as well. 

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #866 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:02:37 »
hardwood said he'll buy the rest of Blues required to hit 20k, don't worry about it

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #867 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:07:46 »
hardwood said he'll buy the rest of Blues required to hit 20k, don't worry about it
yessir, though with almost a week left, I'm confident we can hit it.

and p.s. just one "d" ;)

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #868 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:20:22 »
whoops sry, i totally meant softwood

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:23:46 »
whoops sry, i totally meant softwood
coincidentally, my name for pretty much all of 9th grade

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #870 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 20:24:26 »

Blah blah blah

AKA F**k Off  :))
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline XzisT

« Reply #871 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:14:41 »
Ok I've paid the invoice  :D New switches w00t

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #872 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:21:40 »
For anyone interested or concerned, I put the shipping pricing guidelines in the OP

Offline dashing_girlboy

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:24:01 »
Haven't joined this GB. Still thinking what switches to get for my upcoming Smallfry JD40(till whoever wants to buy it from me...).

Anyhow, just a question, how is the shipping estimate going to be like if it's local? Same as that of international?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:28:45 »
If you're in Singapore you should prolly just PM Shadovved for info

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:31:51 »
Haven't joined this GB. Still thinking what switches to get for my upcoming Smallfry JD40(till whoever wants to buy it from me...).

Anyhow, just a question, how is the shipping estimate going to be like if it's local? Same as that of international?
If it's very local, he's allowing people to do local pickups. Other than that, I'm not sure about shipping costs within Singapore

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #876 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:35:02 »

For anyone interested or concerned, I put the shipping pricing guidelines in the OP

Ok thanks. So it's S$70 for up to 300?  Did I read that right?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:44:25 »

sorry, just noticed that. for some reason one of the more expensive ones is highlighted, but I made a note of the service we're using

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
[GB] Gateron Switches
« Reply #878 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:48:30 »

I think it's the $21.60 from the middle option under "Standard Regular Mail [...] (AIR)"

Edit: Hwood got to you before me :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #879 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:54:04 »

If it's very local, he's allowing people to do local pickups. Other than that, I'm not sure about shipping costs within Singapore

When you're in Singapore, everything is local.  It's 277 sq mi, which mean's it's approximately a 16.75mi x16.75mi area.

Offline samsonite727

« Reply #880 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 21:54:48 »
oops,
I ordered the ergodox from falbatech way to early, oh well. Now just waiting for the invoice, can't wait to get my hands on these switches  :p

Offline dashing_girlboy

« Reply #881 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 22:15:07 »

When you're in Singapore, everything is local.  It's 277 sq mi, which mean's it's approximately a 16.75mi x16.75mi area.

hahahahaha! yes indeed. xD although I dont mind local postage.

Offline Moderate

« Reply #882 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 00:39:04 »
And welcome to geekhack!

Thanks ideus! Also, invoice paid. Prices were as expected for 100 switches.  :)

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #883 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:08:21 »

sorry, just noticed that. for some reason one of the more expensive ones is highlighted, but I made a note of the service we're using

Thank you for the guidelines/pointing me in the right direction to answer my questions.

All the prices on singpost.com are in SGD. Shipping 280 keycaps (560g per OP calculation) to the United States costs 20.20 SGD + plus 2.50 SGD for tracking, 22.70 SGD total. Shadovved is charging me for 23.00 for shipping. Okay, rounding up, fine. But, wait, he's charging me 23.00 USD not SGD. What's the conversion rate for SGD to USD? ... Asking Google, 22.70 SGD is 16.47 USD.

Did you guys overlook conversion rates? It makes a pretty big difference.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #884 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:29:49 »
TThank you for the guidelines/pointing me in the right direction to answer my questions.

All the prices on singpost.com are in SGD. Shipping 280 keycaps (560g per OP calculation) to the United States costs 20.20 SGD + plus 2.50 SGD for tracking, 22.70 SGD total. Shadovved is charging me for 23.00 for shipping. Okay, rounding up, fine. But, wait, he's charging me 23.00 USD not SGD. What's the conversion rate for SGD to USD? ... Asking Google, 22.70 SGD is 16.47 USD.

Alright, since people still don't get shipping, let's work this out.

• Straight shipping cost ~$16.47.  Of course, Paypal often lowballs the conversion rate, so it may be closer to $19
  • Packaging cost - ~$3.  Everyone seems to think that packaging is free. Shadovved has to buy boxes, bubble wrap, tape, labels, and other associated shipping materials.  This easily hits $3 a package.
  • Paypal fees. Since we're now at ~$20 in shipping cost, we now have to calculate Paypal fees.  Paypal is adding a currency conversion fee and their own fee on top of this cost.  That works out to ~$1.50-2.
  • The total is now at ~$21-22 with materials cost and paypal fees.  The additional $1-2 is a sorting fee.

TL;DR:  Shipping costs are beyond fair, stop being a ***** and just ****ing pay the man already.  Grow the **** up people and realize that shipping international is never going to be $10 unless you get something that's under 4oz.

Edit:  Sorry if this offends someone, but I'm just fed up with the bull**** with people *****ing about shipping costs.  Just deal with it and move on.  Even with the international shipping you're getting a great price on these.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:36:40 by nubbinator »

Offline ImBZppl

« Reply #885 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:38:41 »
Around 20 for international shipping looks pretty normal.

Darn, looks like interest in the blues plateaued and now browns are at 20k. Darn me changing my order to only blues. I don't wanna bug hwood to change my order anymore though.  :(

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #886 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:51:10 »
TThank you for the guidelines/pointing me in the right direction to answer my questions.

• Straight shipping cost ~$16.47.  Of course, Paypal often lowballs the conversion rate, so it may be closer to $19
  • Packaging cost - ~$3.  Everyone seems to think that packaging is free. Shadovved has to buy boxes, bubble wrap, tape, labels, and other associated shipping materials.  This easily hits $3 a package.
  • Paypal fees. Since we're now at ~$20 in shipping cost, we now have to calculate Paypal fees.  Paypal is adding a currency conversion fee and their own fee on top of this cost.  That works out to ~$1.50-2.
  • The total is now at ~$21-22 with materials cost and paypal fees.  The additional $1-2 is a sorting fee.

TL;DR:  Shipping costs are beyond fair, stop being a ***** and just ****ing pay the man already.  Grow the **** up people and realize that shipping international is never going to be $10 unless you get something that's under 4oz.

Edit:  Sorry if this offends someone, but I'm just fed up with the bull**** with people *****ing about shipping costs.  Just deal with it and move on.  Even with the international shipping you're getting a great price on these.

That's nice and all, but the op said $7-8 shipping worldwide with no mention of variable rates or tracking fees. We were also charged the paypal fee so you can edit that bit out.

When you buy your tampons at wally-world they don't double the advertised price and tell you to get f***ed when you ask about it.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #887 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:51:46 »
Around 20 for international shipping looks pretty normal.

Darn, looks like interest in the blues plateaued and now browns are at 20k. Darn me changing my order to only blues. I don't wanna bug hwood to change my order anymore though.  :(

might be reading your post wrong, but it's been mentioned before that blues WILL be $0.16/switch, so don't worry about what the current count is. also if you have a valid reason for changing your order, just go ahead and ask him. i'm sure he'll accommodate
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:10:37 by whentheclouds »

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #888 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:55:34 »
Thank you for the guidelines/pointing me in the right direction to answer my questions.

Packaging cost, fair - put it in the guideline then. However, your assertion it easily hits $3.00/package is bull****. They're going with "Standard Regular Mail - Letters/Printed Papers/Small Packets (AIR)" which limits them to padded envelopes. USPS provides those for free as part of the cost. SingPost may not provide the same service but Amazon tells me I can get 100 of them for $10. No tape necessary. No paper. No scissors, even. Labels are a convenience, sure, but they're hardly $3.00/package.

PayPal fees are listed in a separate line item on my invoice. They're a flat 3.9%. They're not applied to the shipping/handling. Do the math:

Subtotal $48.30
Shipping/handling $23.00
PayPal Fee (3.9%) $2.79
Total   $74.09 USD

The additional $1-2 is a sorting fee? Also bull****; increase the GB Fee if that's the case. Don't pad the shipping cost.

You don't seem to be the expert you claim to be so your assertion shipping costs are beyond fair is moot.

Irony: calling people a ***** and telling them to grow the **** up. I'm just asking questions, man. We'll get this **** resolved before the deadline. Calm your tits, you'll get your switches.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #889 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:00:50 »
That's nice and all, but the op said $7-8 shipping worldwide with no mention of variable rates or tracking fees. We were also charged the paypal fee so you can edit that bit out.

When you buy your tampons at wally-world they don't double the advertised price and tell you to get f***ed when you ask about it.

It originally said $7-8 per 100 switches.  Let's see, 2.8*$7 = $19.60 + $2.50 tracking = $22.10.  2.8*$8 = $22.40 +$2.50 tracking = $25.90.  Average them and it's $24.  That's more than the $23 being charged.

If you thought it would be $7-8 to ship more than 200 switches, two things happened.  First, you had poor reading comprehension.  Second, you had to think you were getting the deal of the century.  I have never in my life had something that weighed more than 2oz cost more $8 or less to ship internationally.  Anything over 2oz is a minimum of $15.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #890 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:09:42 »

It originally said $7-8 per 100 switches.  Let's see, 2.8*$7 = $19.60 + $2.50 tracking = $22.10.  2.8*$8 = $22.40 +$2.50 tracking = $25.90.  Average them and it's $24.  That's more than the $23 being charged.

If you thought it would be $7-8 to ship more than 200 switches, two things happened.  First, you had poor reading comprehension.  Second, you had to think you were getting the deal of the century.  I have never in my life had something that weighed more than 2oz cost more $8 or less to ship internationally.  Anything over 2oz is a minimum of $15.

Too tired to upload images right now. Search for shipping and go to the second to last page. The original post said "shipping will be around $7-8 worldwide"

Idgaf if you think it's silly to assume that shipping would be that cheap. When I read that shipping will be "$7-8 worldwide" I expect it to be $7-8. OP dropped the ball on pricing. There was ZERO mention of variable rates and tracking fees in the original post. Kind of like how he didn't think of the cost of getting them shipped to him. This has been a complete s***show for the last few days. There's a reason why so many members have voiced negative opinions.

At this point the GH band of brothers always comes out and says "lol you only have 12 posts, f*** your opinion and go back to r/mk." This is the BS everyone was talking about in the live chat last weekend.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #891 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:11:07 »
Packaging cost, fair - put it in the guideline then. However, your assertion it easily hits $3.00/package is bull****. They're going with "Standard Regular Mail - Letters/Printed Papers/Small Packets (AIR)" which limits them to padded envelopes.

If you think more than 200 switches will fit in a small padded envelope, I have some bad news for you.  They're shipping with the cheapest available option with tracking.

USPS provides those for free as part of the cost. SingPost may not provide the same service but Amazon tells me I can get 100 of them for $10. No tape necessary. No paper. No scissors, even. Labels are a convenience, sure, but they're hardly $3.00/package.

There will need to be many sizes of envelopes and boxes, whatever they're shipped in.  Envelopes are $0.50-1 and boxes are the same.  Packaging is another $1-2.  Labels are $0.50.  If you say bugger that, just use paper and tape, well, the price is about the same.

PayPal fees are listed in a separate line item on my invoice. They're a flat 3.9%.

Fair enough.

The additional $1-2 is a sorting fee? Also bull****; increase the GB Fee if that's the case. Don't pad the shipping cost.

You've obviously never taken part in a group buy.  A vast majority have a handling fee.  You honestly cannot expect someone to sort 60,000 switches and take them to the post office for free.  Even if they make $2 a package, that's a pittance for the amount of work.

You don't seem to be the expert you claim to be so your assertion shipping costs are beyond fair is moot.

Considering that I've run my own successful GB and regularly ship stuff to people, I think I have a good idea.

Irony: calling people a ***** and telling them to grow the **** up. I'm just asking questions, man. We'll get this **** resolved before the deadline. Calm your tits, you'll get your switches.

You're not asking questions, you're throwing a fit that the prices are more than you expected.  Questions take this form:

"Hey, shipping was a bit more than I expected, could you lay out why it costs x?" 

Instead you immediately went on the warpath.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #892 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:12:57 »
Please show me where it says anything about "per 100 switches" or a tracking fee for that matter. Time to bow out, Nubs.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #893 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:16:40 »
There's a reason why so many members have voiced negative opinions.

The only ones who have voiced negative opinions are those who thought they were going to get shipping for a song and want the GB runner to eat the cost so they can get it even cheaper.  Anyone who has been here for any amount of time understands the shipping cost.

At this point the GH band of brothers always comes out and says "lol you only have 12 posts, f*** your opinion and go back to r/mk." This is the BS everyone was talking about in the live chat last weekend.

I never do that, but, boy, your post is making me want to.  There have been way too many posts lately of people being way too eager to rip people off.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the OP, but if you honestly thought you would get 500 switches shipped for $8, you are delusional.  You'd have a hard time shipping it for that price within the US, so why would you be able to get a cheaper international shipping rate?

Please show me where it says anything about "per 100 switches" or a tracking fee for that matter. Time to bow out, Nubs.

Show Image

Edited OP post is edited.  You can't show anything from an edited quote.

I'm done with this argument though.  It's counterproductive.  I'm sorry some people thought shipping would be less.  International shipping for packages over 2-4oz is expensive, deal with it.  It's still cheaper than most MX switches and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than MD still.  Shadovved is a great guy and will get everything out quickly and hwood is not raping your wallets.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:19:14 by nubbinator »

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #894 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:40:05 »
There's a reason why so many members have voiced negative opinions.

The only ones who have voiced negative opinions are those who thought they were going to get shipping for a song and want the GB runner to eat the cost so they can get it even cheaper.  Anyone who has been here for any amount of time understands the shipping cost.

Not Entirely true, i voiced my concern in the switch tops thread because i have been charged 2 vastly different shipping costs between the GB's.

For this i was charge ruoghly $17 USD + Fees for 300 Switches
For 250 Clear Switch Tops $18 + Fees USD

I am not sure where the cost of packaging are being weighted into, but Hwood from my knowledge was not cross referencing with the other GB when he put out invoices so i assume he was accounting for some packaging costs.

Regardless. I am not sure how 250 Switch tops can come out close to 300 Switches in Mailing costs. They are less then half the weight and bulk. i was hazard a guess without doing any actual checking of weights they would be close to a third of the weight.

Now I am not concerned over the price of my invoices, but the difference in the two invoices I received is something that doesn't seem right to me, and i feel that some people might be wondering the same..

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #895 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:44:45 »
If you think more than 200 switches will fit in a small padded envelope, I have some bad news for you.  They're shipping with the cheapest available option with tracking.
There will need to be many sizes of envelopes and boxes, whatever they're shipped in.  Envelopes are $0.50-1 and boxes are the same.  Packaging is another $1-2.  Labels are $0.50.  If you say bugger that, just use paper and tape, well, the price is about the same.
Fair enough.
You've obviously never taken part in a group buy.  A vast majority have a handling fee.  You honestly cannot expect someone to sort 60,000 switches and take them to the post office for free.  Even if they make $2 a package, that's a pittance for the amount of work.
Considering that I've run my own successful GB and regularly ship stuff to people, I think I have a good idea.
You're not asking questions, you're throwing a fit that the prices are more than you expected.  Questions take this form:

"Hey, shipping was a bit more than I expected, could you lay out why it costs x?" 

Instead you immediately went on the warpath.

I didn't say anything about a small padded envelope. However, hwood34 did state they'd be using a specific shipping method... one that does not permit boxes: "Standard Regular Mail - Letters/Printed Papers/Small Packets (AIR)"

Don't tell me envelopes cost $0.50-1.00... I just told you I could get 100 of them for $10. Not the small kind. "Packaging is another $1-2" -- I'm assuming you're talking about using tape for boxes. Are you planning on using a roll of tape per box or what? ... I can get 200 labels on Amazon for $10: $0.05/package, not $0.50. There wouldn't even be a need for paper and tape; here's an idea: write directly on the envelope.

How do you figure I didn't consider the handling fee? As I suggested, increase the "GB Fee" ... don't inflate the Shipping cost. I didn't say anything about Shadovved's work being free; yes, he should be compensated for his time and effort. Just itemize it properly.

You THINK you have a good idea but you don't considering you got the shipping method, packaging supplies, and how PayPal fees are calculated wrong. "Sorry, I don't mean to offend" you, just stating facts.

I didn't go on a warpath. I asked questions of Shadovved via PM. He didn't answer me very well / at all. So, I brought them to the forum, simply stating my questions were unsatisfactorily answered. Suggesting they neglected conversion rates isn't going on the warpath either. Being rude to you, yeah, sure, maybe... but it was in retaliation for you calling me a *****.

I'm done with this argument though.  It's counterproductive.  I'm sorry some people thought shipping would be less.  International shipping for packages over 2-4oz is expensive, deal with it.  It's still cheaper than most MX switches and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than MD still.  Shadovved is a great guy and will get everything out quickly and hwood is not raping your wallets.

I still think it should be less. But for different reasons now: now I can calculate their cost so I don't have to wonder. The last question I have is about the conversion rates.

I'm not trying to rip off hwood34 or Shadovved from their hard work. I just want transparent, itemized pricing. For their work, they get payment in the form of "GB Fee". If they wanted to charge more for the GB Fee, fine, just tell us about it. Don't try to bundle it in shipping costs.

Offline tbc

« Reply #896 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:48:51 »

ding ding ding

if you're not willing to put up with surprises...just don't join GBs.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #897 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:54:38 »
don't pay the invoice! problem solved!

nobody here owes you anything. kick rocks

with love
"GH band of brothers"
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:58:24 by ApocalypseMaow »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Olson.dev

« Reply #898 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 03:02:51 »

If it comes down to it, I won't. I never suggested anyone here owes me anything. I asked questions.

I didn't realize the GB community was so adverse to the concept of asking questions. Sorry.

EDIT: I'd like to pay the invoice. Well, I'd like to pay an invoice I understand rather. Just curious about conversion rates is all.

Offline tbc

« Reply #899 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 03:04:40 »

with love
"GH band of brothers"

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.