geekhack Marketplace > Keycap Set Design Contest

[IC] GMK Gore (Novelties posted)

(1/9) > >>

anonymous:
GMK Gore

KLE RENDER

GMK RENDER

IC FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/KwGKDU0JAAvANTtu2

Initially, the colorway was based on Tokyo Ghoul character Ken Kaneki and so the novelties are all Tokyo Ghoul related. But then I decide to call it Gore when I realized the Japanese would pronounce Ghoul as Gūru (according to google translate, I haven't heard a Japanese say that actually) which sounds like Gore.

I used RO1 instead of other Red color since I want it to look like the actual color of blood. I don't know if its just the render but I hope RO1 legends can still be fairly visible on N9 base keys.

*Edit: Here is an actual of RO1 and N9 keys. So far, I think that RO1 on N9 would still be visible. Credit to user for posting this Neralo

The mock-up includes keys for the following layouts but this isn't final:

* 104 standard
* ISO
* Winkeyless
* HHKB
* 65%
* 75%
* 1800So now the novelties I want are some things you see in Gore/Horror movies.
-blood drops
-vampire
-fangs
-etc

I still want to use some Tokyo Ghoul novelties though. Here's Kaneki's Kakuja Mask that I made

Let me know what you think  :thumb:
Update: 23 September 2017

Some novelties I created. I am creating more :)

Kaneki Kakuja, Mask (Horizontal), Blood drop, Coffee cup
Kaneki's Mask, Kaneki's Mask V2, Fangs, Touka's Mask

Let me know what you think!  ;D

neralo:
Just started reading Tokyo Ghoul, so I love the inspriation behind it. Not sure if its just the render but the mods look pretty unreadable. May need to tweak the colours used there to get some more contrast.

edit: So I noticed you were using RO1 and N9, so i went and put the 2 colours together. It actually looks like it might work.

https://imgur.com/a/hocs2

Will need to see some renders though. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. good luck!

anonymous:

--- Quote from: neralo on Wed, 13 September 2017, 07:54:46 ---Just started reading Tokyo Ghoul, so I love the inspriation behind it. Not sure if its just the render but the mods look pretty unreadable. May need to tweak the colours used there to get some more contrast.

edit: So I noticed you were using RO1 and N9, so i went and put the 2 colours together. It actually looks like it might work.

https://imgur.com/a/hocs2

Will need to see some renders though. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. good luck!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that bro.  :thumb:

It looks better on my iphone compared to my laptop's monitor. Hope it looks good too in actual.

kmba:
It's an attractive set for sure. I too would worry about legend contrast on the mods though. I also find it too similar to Honeywell and Led Zeppelin, and I prefer both of those. I don't think it's too similar in the sense that you shouldn't run it, just my preference skews towards those sets when it comes to an actual purchase.

Kafka:
I really like this, but wish it didn't look so similiar to existing sets. Maybe flip the mod and alpha color? Right now it just looks like a less bright honeywell. Also isnt there an SA Tokyo Ghoul set thats been in IC for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version