Author Topic: [IC] Light Alchemist and Dark Alchemist Theme Keycaps  (Read 2726 times)

Offline muyu

[IC] Light Alchemist and Dark Alchemist Theme Keycaps
« on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 10:56:19 »
Hello everyone, I am muyu. I am a noob in any kind of definition. But I'm not going to introduce myself, because I believe nobody cares about that.
Here I'm going to show the keycaps that I draw. Hope you like.

I use alchemy symbols to create the novelties, simulating a alchemical reaction at the left corner.
And use simple geometric shapes to create the num pad.
They are in PBT, dye-sub, cherry height
Manufacturer is 315 chairman which is located in China.

and here are some photos on key keyboard

for the dark version, I got a sample. production will finish 2022 June.

They might be on stock on this June estimate price is 50USD for 140 keys
that's all
hope you like.

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2022, 03:56:04 by muyu »

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] Alchemy Theme Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:00:29 »
Who is the Manufacturer? Is this GB or In-stock? PBT or ABS? Doubleshot or Dyesub?

Offline muyu

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:03:05 »
very good questions, thank you for reminding, I'm going to update in the post

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:12:29 »
I appreciate the fact you got prototypes made but there's a lot of missing info here. Who is the manufacturer? What profile is this? What material is it made out of?

The kitting could also use a lot of work. There is no F13 (although a novelty can be used for this), no ISO support at all, forcing accented spacebars is usually a bad idea, the r2 'Home' should be 'PgDn' for 65s, you're missing support for split numpad plus, the scooped numpad 5 is a shape while the barred is a number, tilde is mod colored and pipe is alpha colored so you're making neither group happy and using alpha color for some of the navigation above the arrows is just weird.

Offline muyu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:14:00 »
PBT, dye-sub, cherry height
Manufacturer is 315 chairman which is located in China
will be on stock in this June
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:19:19 by muyu »

Offline muyu

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:25:34 »
I appreciate the fact you got prototypes made but there's a lot of missing info here. Who is the manufacturer? What profile is this? What material is it made out of?

The kitting could also use a lot of work. There is no F13 (although a novelty can be used for this), no ISO support at all, forcing accented spacebars is usually a bad idea, the r2 'Home' should be 'PgDn' for 65s, you're missing support for split numpad plus, the scooped numpad 5 is a shape while the barred is a number, tilde is mod colored and pipe is alpha colored so you're making neither group happy and using alpha color for some of the navigation above the arrows is just weird.
Thank you for reminding me. So should I make some kits for it?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:28:46 »
I don’t see any overlap with DSA or GMK Alchemy but just be aware that they do exist!

GLWIC

Offline muyu

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:35:40 »
I don’t see any overlap with DSA or GMK Alchemy but just be aware that they do exist!

GLWIC
Do you mean I have to change my theme's name?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 11:38:10 »

GLWIC
If you just named your design “Alchemy” that would be problematic in my opinion. Alchemy is a fairly established name associated with a particular look, so you’d be better served by coming up with a unique name so that people know this is a different design.

Offline muyu

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 22:56:29 »

GLWIC
If you just named your design “Alchemy” that would be problematic in my opinion. Alchemy is a fairly established name associated with a particular look, so you’d be better served by coming up with a unique name so that people know this is a different design.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, so I have change the name into light alchemist and dark alchemist