Author Topic: [IC] Infinikey Futureware  (Read 7981 times)

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
[IC] Infinikey Futureware
« on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 11:04:12 »

Interest Check Form: https://forms.gle/LnTsUGAsfoSxsHxk8

Follow on IG @kevinmadesign
Discuss on TKC’s Discord: https://discord.gg/4XWfhvP

Kits and colors

Two standard Infinikey kits with additional keys and accent options. PBT Cherry profile with dyesub legends.
Renders done with neutral lighting, colors represented are approximations of the 6 Pantone references.
Expect a pre-production sample before group buy for most accuracy.

Core Kit

Accent options for escape, backspace and enter keys.

3 dark grey base colors
(letter/number glyphs, punctuation glyphs, and mods)

Add-on Kit

Renders

I’m very new to 3D/rendering so please forgive any mistakes or inaccuracies 🙏
These will eventually be replaced with pre-production sample photos.

[Lighting] Super blue

[Lighting] Warm white overhead lighting, cool monitor glow

[Lighting] Bright neutral

Keyboards featured: 268.2 by Noxary, SP-111 by BlindAssassin111

Deskpads

Work in progress

Thanks for looking, let me know your thoughts ✌️✌️

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2020, 16:08:35 by kema »

Offline marcofriedrichs

• Discord: Marco#8888
    • marcofriedrichs.com
Re: [IC] Infinikey Futureware
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 12:22:27 »
I like the font, but in my opinion it just doesn't work on keycaps :/

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 12:31:40 »
nice color scheme but not into the font. Bold my friend, bold.

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 12:33:09 »
I'm fifteen years old and I'm a Gamer

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 13:05:30 »
So glad to finally see this in IC another awesome work dude.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 13:29:53 »

Thanks man, this is gonna be a polarizing one for sure because the typeface is kinda out there, regardless if it gets made or not I had a ton of fun working on it 😁

Offline huey

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 13:57:36 »
An Interest Check without a method of gauging interest(IC form), and a confirmed vendor. This feels more like an advertisement.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 14:35:51 »
I dig that the set actually takes advantage of dye-sub with the new font. Unsure about the forced blue shifts, but that's just me. Regardless, great IC by a glance, GLWIC!

An Interest Check without a method of gauging interest(IC form), and a confirmed vendor. This feels more like an advertisement.

also lol what
Well first off, TKC runs IFK nowadays, so that confirmed vendor doesn't really have to do with anything. As for gauging interest, I agree about the form, but to be fair, you can just comment. And to be fair, there's been more fully flushed out ICs that have ALL of their vendors confirmed, but I doubt you'd comment this on every set that does this.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:07:56 »
Well first off, TKC runs IFK nowadays, so that confirmed vendor doesn't really have to do with anything.

Other US vendors can run IFK, FYI

Offline huey

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:09:57 »
I dig that the set actually takes advantage of dye-sub with the new font. Unsure about the forced blue shifts, but that's just me. Regardless, great IC by a glance, GLWIC!

also lol what
Well first off, TKC runs IFK nowadays, so that confirmed vendor doesn't really have to do with anything. As for gauging interest, I agree about the form, but to be fair, you can just comment. And to be fair, there's been more fully flushed out ICs that have ALL of their vendors confirmed, but I doubt you'd comment this on every set that does this.

A confirmed vendor has a lot to do with it. It means the designer and TKC have already made an agreement of sorts, and this is only backed up by the fact that the manufacturer is IFK.

You can comment, but it's a terrible way of understanding in real terms how many people would actually consider buying/not buying. The majority/minority that see an IC that don't like project X or Y will likely never say they don't want it. You create a positive bias. An IC form in an IC thread is so unanimous amongst GH because it's a clear-cut method of gauging interest and quantifying kitting acceptance.

There are certainly more IC threads that have confirmed vendors at launch, there is no denying that. Perhaps more people, including myself, should point this out.

I think it's absurd that the premise of an IC is not being followed on GH, and that it's somehow acceptable(as per your comment, it seems).

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:12:10 »

Thanks man, this is gonna be a polarizing one for sure because the typeface is kinda out there, regardless if it gets made or not I had a ton of fun working on it 😁

Style preferences aside, I think you did a good job.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:30:26 »
Well first off, TKC runs IFK nowadays, so that confirmed vendor doesn't really have to do with anything.

Other US vendors can run IFK, FYI

Yeah I guess I goofed there, but most people do think of TKC when it comes to IFK, and it could be that the designer personally talked about it with TKC in DMs which led to why they're a confirmed vendor, but yep my bad.

A confirmed vendor has a lot to do with it. It means the designer and TKC have already made an agreement of sorts, and this is only backed up by the fact that the manufacturer is IFK.

You can comment, but it's a terrible way of understanding in real terms how many people would actually consider buying/not buying. The majority/minority that see an IC that don't like project X or Y will likely never say they don't want it. You create a positive bias. An IC form in an IC thread is so unanimous amongst GH because it's a clear-cut method of gauging interest and quantifying kitting acceptance.

There are certainly more IC threads that have confirmed vendors at launch, there is no denying that. Perhaps more people, including myself, should point this out.

I think it's absurd that the premise of an IC is not being followed on GH, and that it's somehow acceptable(as per your comment, it seems).

Yeah, I get what you mean, but at least nowadays, most ICs try to come in as fully flushed as possible and I think a lot of people associate that with having everything close to finalization as possible (which makes them believe that they should include vendors). There have been some that had "confirmed vendors" and flopped and then never reached GB.

That being said, confirmed vendors kinda gives the reassurance that their set will more likely run, so yeah, it is sort of advertising/publicity, but it's hard to find a medium between half-assed ICs and fully flushed out ICs (that do not mind trying to grab a vendor here or there). Without some sort of reassurance that they will run their sets, I think efforts seen in IC will likely decrease. I just don't think it is bad on the designer, but bad on the vendors for accepting early without community feedback. Buttt, nothing you said is ultimately wrong, and I get your points  :thumb:

Offline fuzewall

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:33:24 »
well thats a super neat aesthetic. I'm excited what deskmat you pair with these.

Offline MilkTea_QAQ

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 15:42:33 »
Inf key lol

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 16:07:20 »

Added a form for those that don't want to post replies and not an advertisement, more a design exercise I wouldn't mind being realized 😁

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 16:18:32 »

Nothing is confirmed, I put TKC because I've partnered with them in the past and they would be my choice for this project. Removed the GB section to prevent further confusion.

IC forms can be helpful in gauging interest, but in past IC's for keysets I've run, the most helpful and constructive feedback I've received is always from comments posted by knowledgeable GH community members and not from form responses 🙏

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 17:27:59 »

If you don't want to turn raise and lower into icons or reduce the text size, I'd suggest the common "RSE" and "LWR" abbreviations, it'll look a lot better

In general though I find this font hard to read and unappealing, but perhaps there's an audience for this.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 18:00:34 »
Show Image

If you don't want to turn raise and lower into icons or reduce the text size, I'd suggest the common "RSE" and "LWR" abbreviations, it'll look a lot better

In general though I find this font hard to read and unappealing, but perhaps there's an audience for this.

Thanks for that suggestion! I agree, and will apply those 🙏

Totally understand why you and others might find the typeface unappealing, I love playing all the different weird typefaces type foundries come out with and this one fit an aesthetic I wanted to go for 😅

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 18:14:58 »
I actually like different fonts, too many kits out there with just the regular fonts.  But that's just me.  Count me in though.

Offline therealemanuelmartinez

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 09:03:12 »
This set reminds me of the video game Syndicate (2012).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline napostrophe

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:19:10 »
Love the typeface on this. Would love to see it go to GB

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 00:51:45 »
ambitious...Have you gotten quotes on how much this would cost for new molds? Didn't see this was dyesub.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards