geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What are the best accessories to buy for a PC after getting one?

<< < (2/2)

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 07 September 2023, 04:44:26 ---yeah, desk cable management - I have multiple cables (USB, sound) hooked in a cable management holder on the back edge of my desk, so all cables go down and only plugs are visible at the edge of my desk, right?
If I need to plug my wireless mouse, I pull the cable and plug it in for charging. Then once done, I unplug it and then what? What can I do to make the cable go back by itself instead of pushing it down by hand through that small hole in a holder? You know what I mean? :)

--- End quote ---
Be careful, if you have a sharp corner on your desk that they go over, the constant pulling of the cords over it will destroy them in a surprisingly short time.

phinix:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 07 September 2023, 05:58:24 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 07 September 2023, 04:44:26 ---yeah, desk cable management - I have multiple cables (USB, sound) hooked in a cable management holder on the back edge of my desk, so all cables go down and only plugs are visible at the edge of my desk, right?
If I need to plug my wireless mouse, I pull the cable and plug it in for charging. Then once done, I unplug it and then what? What can I do to make the cable go back by itself instead of pushing it down by hand through that small hole in a holder? You know what I mean? :)

--- End quote ---
Be careful, if you have a sharp corner on your desk that they go over, the constant pulling of the cords over it will destroy them in a surprisingly short time.

--- End quote ---

the actual holder is rubber, so cables rub against its edge. I'm aware of that problem, dont really care, once damaged I would just get a new one.

Findecanor:
You can find 100 more comments to this post in the original Reddit thread ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version