geekhack Community > Keyboards

Mt3 vs MG keycaps profile - the quest for the deepest scoop

<< < (2/3) > >>

HungerMechanic:
MT3 definitely has the more pronounced "border." If we're talking PBT MT3.

MT3 is spherical, I'm not sure about MG.

Praetor:
But you still recommend MG as better in general for typing, right?

bkrownd:

--- Quote from: Praetor on Wed, 20 September 2023, 16:38:06 ---But you still recommend MG as better in general for typing, right?

--- End quote ---

That would have to be determined by YOUR fingers.  Classic SA is best for MY fingers.  Apparently yours prefer something completely different.  You don't know until you try it.

HungerMechanic:

--- Quote from: Praetor on Wed, 20 September 2023, 16:38:06 ---But you still recommend MG as better in general for typing, right?

--- End quote ---

On threads where people discuss high-pro keycaps, there's a majority in favour of MG and AF SA, I think.

But it's very subjective.

Personally, I think that MG is designed for faster transfer between rows than MT3 is. MT3 luxuriates in the individual scoops, to its detriment.

PBT MT3 actually is scooped noticeably more than MG is, precisely because of the exaggerated scoop 'walls' that form cliffs in the keyboard rows. It makes sense for individual keycaps, but I think it provides a worse integrated experience than MG.

You can also see from the image provided earlier that MG / AF SA legends face you more directly than several MT3 rows. I think that makes MG more ergonomic.

I don't know if MG is based upon Topre, but it makes sense. Topre high-pro is often well regarded among MX users. Most people say that MG is SA with a more modern sculpt. I don't know if MG is more individually satisfying to type upon [that may fall with MT3], but it's much easier for me to transition between Cherry and MG than with MT3.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Wed, 20 September 2023, 21:06:40 ---But it's very subjective.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it definitely is, the only way to know for sure is to try it in person, maybe see if a meetup in athens has MT3 keycaps. MG does seem more obscure so Maybe you would have to purchase a set, worse case you sell it for a big loss if you don't like it. But if you are used to cherry/oem you should probably try something smaller height like hsa. I personally think something like sa is way to tall, so if you are going from one end to the other, you may not like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version