geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What video games are you currently playing?

<< < (264/274) > >>

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: phinix on Wed, 22 November 2023, 11:21:48 ---
--- Quote from: SageCrowDesign on Wed, 22 November 2023, 09:39:41 ---BG3 coop with my partner. Just wrapped up Death Stranding. I was skeptical at first, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience - would recommend!

--- End quote ---

I cannot go through this one, too boring, running around with boxes and keep falling into black oily puddles with whales...what kind of fallout came up with this idea... oh yeah, Japanese guy, why I'm not surprised... ;)

--- End quote ---

They should make a prequel strand-type game where you play as a food delivery driver during a global pandemic or something.

noisyturtle:
Got Spider-Man 2, and it's OK. It does look visually great, and runs smooth.
It does that new thing modern AAA games do that annoys me, where it acts like it is letting you play, but really you are just doing small micro-actions between smaller cutscenes that tie pivotal action moments together. I think we can all agree that FMVs during action and quicktime events suck ass, but now animations are so drawn out and intricate each action almost feels like a quicktime for how long everything takes.

Also, you cannot beat up random people on the street or destroy anything. Boring.

phinix:
I personally don't see any pleasure playing games like Spider-man, or even watching those movies, like that or Avengers. I cannot explain why but those movies are totally stupid for me.
I like Batman movies, but not a huge fan.
I think I'm just getting old :(

noisyturtle:
I just wish there were more freedom. They could easily say, "It's not Spider-Man swinging citizens around in the streets, that is the player's choice." But no, with modern Marvel involved there will be no fun and freedom lest we tarnish the image of a fictional character in 3rd person. NO FUN FOR YOU! Open World is merely a suggestion these days. When you take the freedom away from the player it becomes just another linear game that takes forever to get from objective to objective because the map is so big.

TomahawkLabs:

--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 30 November 2023, 16:25:49 ---I personally don't see any pleasure playing games like Spider-man, or even watching those movies, like that or Avengers. I cannot explain why but those movies are totally stupid for me.
I like Batman movies, but not a huge fan.
I think I'm just getting old :(

--- End quote ---

When you know the big bad will be defeated and the good guys win (even with a surprise casualty or two) ruins the suspense. That's why The Watchmen was such a unique take, if you were not familiar with the graphic novel, you weren't sure how it would go.

I am still playing OldSchool Runescape 10 years later and take breaks to play a few other titles. Mainly GTA5, RDR2, etc. More story driven games as I don't have an environment to play coop games at night given family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version