geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What video games are you currently playing?

<< < (266/274) > >>

mohawk1367:
Bought the Night-Runners Demo/Prologue for $10. The game is awesome and I can already tell it's gonna change the racing game market when the full version is out. It's already better than Forza and it only has 1 playable car. What other game lets you directly change your car's CONTROL ARMS and FLOOR MATS? The graphics has visible influence from the games it references (Midnight Club, Juiced, etc) but updated to 2024 standards and it just looks amazing. The soundtrack is currently limited at what seems like 4 songs but they are all bangers and hit hard when you're doing 240 km/h in your Sannis Livisa 180RS (game's version of the Nissan Silvia 180SX).

Another cool thing is the gauges show on your screen in third person actually matching the gauges in your car, so the color and design and everything. Whatever aftermarket gauges you bolt onto your dashboard also show up in the same part with the faces matching.

Def gonna be no-life'ing this game for a while.

TomahawkLabs:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Wed, 17 January 2024, 07:00:00 ---Bought the Night-Runners Demo/Prologue for $10. The game is awesome and I can already tell it's gonna change the racing game market when the full version is out. It's already better than Forza and it only has 1 playable car. What other game lets you directly change your car's CONTROL ARMS and FLOOR MATS? The graphics has visible influence from the games it references (Midnight Club, Juiced, etc) but updated to 2024 standards and it just looks amazing. The soundtrack is currently limited at what seems like 4 songs but they are all bangers and hit hard when you're doing 240 km/h in your Sannis Livisa 180RS (game's version of the Nissan Silvia 180SX).

Another cool thing is the gauges show on your screen in third person actually matching the gauges in your car, so the color and design and everything. Whatever aftermarket gauges you bolt onto your dashboard also show up in the same part with the faces matching.

--- End quote ---

Is this more arcade than simulation? Looking at what I can find on youtube looks up my alley. I want a Sim-ish style racer (think Forza 4), open world, and car customization. I have literally no interest in driving these exotics that have taken over games like FH5.

I see it more and more where the car scene is shifting from building up what you love and everyone just lusts after stock super/hyper cars. These are engineer feats like no other and 99% of them sit in a garage and move less than a mile a year under their own power.

I want the car scene and games to focus back on grassroots. Even if you take street racing out to appease car manufactures, a story line like NFS Prostreet where the cars were cars you'd see down the street not trailered to a fancy car show. Let me start with a used stock 86, WRX, Civic, etc and put on coils/wheels/air intake, etc. Driving realistic speeds that the car would achieve, etc.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: TomahawkLabs on Wed, 17 January 2024, 13:20:33 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Wed, 17 January 2024, 07:00:00 ---Bought the Night-Runners Demo/Prologue for $10. The game is awesome and I can already tell it's gonna change the racing game market when the full version is out. It's already better than Forza and it only has 1 playable car. What other game lets you directly change your car's CONTROL ARMS and FLOOR MATS? The graphics has visible influence from the games it references (Midnight Club, Juiced, etc) but updated to 2024 standards and it just looks amazing. The soundtrack is currently limited at what seems like 4 songs but they are all bangers and hit hard when you're doing 240 km/h in your Sannis Livisa 180RS (game's version of the Nissan Silvia 180SX).

--- End quote ---

Is this more arcade than simulation? Looking at what I can find on youtube looks up my alley. I want a Sim-ish style racer (think Forza 4), open world, and car customization. I have literally no interest in driving these exotics that have taken over games like FH5.

I see it more and more where the car scene is shifting from building up what you love and everyone just lusts after stock super/hyper cars. These are engineer feats like no other and 99% of them sit in a garage and move less than a mile a year under their own power.

I want the car scene and games to focus back on grassroots. Even if you take street racing out to appease car manufactures, a story line like NFS Prostreet where the cars were cars you'd see down the street not trailered to a fancy car show. Let me start with a used stock 86, WRX, Civic, etc and put on coils/wheels/air intake, etc. Driving realistic speeds that the car would achieve, etc.

--- End quote ---

I dunno if its considered arcade or sim, probably more arcade im guessing? it is open world in a skyrim kind of way where there are some sections cut off with loading screens but you can still roam around. map isn't even near its full size yet since its a demo.

customization is better than any other car game I've played by far. realistic speeds are definitely there as going 180 kmh feels like you're going pretty fast and there's not really anyone going over 160 mph for the beginning of the game but it still feels like ur zooming (because even driving 160 mph irl feels much more terrifying than video games portray lol)

the one exotic that I know WILL be in the game at full release is the Porsche 911 (or korshek or whatever the game's version is)

in the full version cars will be more exclusive (gas, price, maintenance etc) so you will definitely be able to build a relationship with whatever ****box you end up with rebuilding the engine and modifying it to whatever you like. like I said there is only one car right now (well there are 2, the 180SX and the 200SX but they are nearly the same) but the AI drivers have different cars like a Chaser, GT-R etc so its not like you'll get bored of the AI cars too quickly

I personally started with a car that had an oil leak and like 280k km on it, now I'm up to over 500 horsepower and a fully customized interior with custom gauges, wheel, seats, roll cage, big ass turbocharger and underglow + full custom aero kit

TomahawkLabs:

I dunno if its considered arcade or sim, probably more arcade im guessing? it is open world in a skyrim kind of way where there are some sections cut off with loading screens but you can still roam around. map isn't even near its full size yet since its a demo.

customization is better than any other car game I've played by far. realistic speeds are definitely there as going 180 kmh feels like you're going pretty fast and there's not really anyone going over 160 mph for the beginning of the game but it still feels like ur zooming (because even driving 160 mph irl feels much more terrifying than video games portray lol)

the one exotic that I know WILL be in the game at full release is the Porsche 911 (or korshek or whatever the game's version is)

in the full version cars will be more exclusive (gas, price, maintenance etc) so you will definitely be able to build a relationship with whatever ****box you end up with rebuilding the engine and modifying it to whatever you like. like I said there is only one car right now (well there are 2, the 180SX and the 200SX but they are nearly the same) but the AI drivers have different cars like a Chaser, GT-R etc so its not like you'll get bored of the AI cars too quickly

I personally started with a car that had an oil leak and like 280k km on it, now I'm up to over 500 horsepower and a fully customized interior with custom gauges, wheel, seats, roll cage, big ass turbocharger and underglow + full custom aero kit
[/quote]

I watched a vid on youtube and the player was rammed in the rear by the Porsche with no damage or impact physics so I also assume more arcade, which can still be fun. You really do get a sense of speed too. The gauges get a bit blurry, etc. I love the idea of maintenance, etc. I'll have to keep tabs on this game. Looks promising.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: TomahawkLabs on Thu, 18 January 2024, 09:13:17 ---

--- End quote ---

I watched a vid on youtube and the player was rammed in the rear by the Porsche with no damage or impact physics so I also assume more arcade, which can still be fun. You really do get a sense of speed too. The gauges get a bit blurry, etc. I love the idea of maintenance, etc. I'll have to keep tabs on this game. Looks promising.
[/quote]

oh yeah you crash at full speed and there's not even a scratch, since they're going for realistic maintenance and stuff in the future i assume this is a temporary thing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version