Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 773134 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2850 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 21:11:09 »
Thread cleaned up a little bit to remove personal insults, which are against the ToS.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline krispy

« Reply #2851 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 21:51:17 »
I'm not sure if I should throw my exent in the trash if it ever ships or sell it immediately. Not expecting to get the chance to do either..

Why? Once you have it.. It's still a gorgeous board. People wouldn't be nearly so on tilt about it if it wasn't something we all want

it represents everything wrong with this hobby, that's why
I'd probably find myself selling it too

AMEN!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2852 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 23:39:30 »
Thread cleaned up a little bit to remove personal insults, which are against the ToS.

bless you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #2853 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:30:21 »

thank you kind soul.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2854 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 03:54:18 »
With a situation like this one, I feel almost guilty having my broken Exent. What a joke of GB
What do you mean broken? How so?

My exent arrived with a broken bottom and a faulty PCB that I ended up screwing up a bit more trying to fix it. You can see pics on this thread if you look through my posts

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2855 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 05:59:56 »
Does anyone have the kit with alu bottom and mind to share some pics? 

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2856 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 12:59:36 »
Anyone got anything?

Still waiting for an update on why my February tracking number was and is still a complete dud, so that's a no from me. :thumb:

Same here...  If it shipped, it would be here by now.  Just left wondering if I will ever see an EXENT on my doorstep.  Aluminum Bottom, Basic.

« Reply #2857 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 13:09:44 »
Anyone got anything?

Still waiting for an update on why my February tracking number was and is still a complete dud, so that's a no from me. :thumb:

Same here...  If it shipped, it would be here by now.  Just left wondering if I will ever see an EXENT on my doorstep.  Aluminum Bottom, Basic.
Me three, tracking number back in February and still no movement.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline Dylan

« Reply #2858 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 12:08:58 »
I haven't even gotten my tracking number on my premium kit...

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2859 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 13:17:36 »
I haven't even gotten my tracking number on my premium kit...

Pretty sure nobody has, and I have a feeling it's going to stay that way for awhile. Yukstsi appears to be the only one working on this project and he's currently running another GB himself. So his work on Exent is likely to be divided at best.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2860 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 13:35:12 »
I don't know that tracking ever ended up working for the people who have received their kits, premium or else wise, it's probably better to forget about tracking altogether. I don't even think tracking should be a priority over just making progress, even if it is ass-grindingly slow.

Offline ClearKeys

« Reply #2861 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 13:53:52 »
What is the main issue with moving forward? It seemed like most of the production was done. For some kits, just needed some minor things. Is it mostly a money issue? If i have to throw in a few extra bucks to get my items, then so be it.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2862 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 13:59:24 »
What is the main issue with moving forward? It seemed like most of the production was done. For some kits, just needed some minor things. Is it mostly a money issue? If i have to throw in a few extra bucks to get my items, then so be it.

I think it's mostly a flaky leadership issue. Remember all of those big names attached to this project? Yeah apparently none of them care much about seeing it through, and are clearly just more interested in the publicity. Except Yuktsi I guess, whose attention is predominately elsewhere. Nonetheless, all of those guys, without exception, will never see another dime from me, so, good job guys!

Regarding production status, I mean, we all say it seemed like a lot of the work was done but I don't think we really know.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:02:04 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2863 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:20:00 »

I don't exactly have proof, but I personally believe a lack of funds is a large part of the problem. One of the last things Juahenza said here was:

...We are at a point where we are chipping in our own money on this project. Would appreciate a little more patience and understanding, as we will always be around to ensure that all orders are delivered. By the end of the day, I hope it's worthwhile for us to go through all this stresses and hassles.

So if the GB runners were already dipping into their own pockets back in December, before they even had premium kit stuff shipped to them, I imagine it's especially true now.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2864 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:30:31 »

Yuktsi and I have spoke about the situation on a few occasions (very recently) and the main predicament was that he was basically riding this solo for a while and he's only been able to ship a couple boards a week; be it due to restricted time, lack of access to logistics to move a significant amount of units at a time, funds (which I personally find unlikely) or whatever else.

Seems he's getting some backup starting this week or the next so hopefully things progress in a more meaningful way by then.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2865 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:41:33 »
Yuktsi and I have spoke about the situation on a few occasions (very recently) and the main predicament was that he was basically riding this solo for a while and he's only been able to ship a couple boards a week; be it due to restricted time, lack of access to logistics to move a significant amount of units at a time, funds (which I personally find unlikely) or whatever else.

Seems he's getting some backup starting this week or the next so hopefully things progress in a more meaningful way by then.

Might be off topic, but I just want to thank you immensely for providing insight/updates when possible. Really helps keep me sane(ish).

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2866 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:59:25 »

Thanks for the news Vigrith.  Yuktsi is in Malaysia, correct?  Is Juahenza there as well?   It seems prudent to whomever is now left running EXENT to have a 'packing party' and just put in one last effort to close out the GB.

Thanks all who are involved in getting this moving!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2867 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:11:40 »
Might be off topic, but I just want to thank you immensely for providing insight/updates when possible. Really helps keep me sane(ish).

Thanks for the news Vigrith.  Yuktsi is in Malaysia, correct?  Is Juahenza there as well?   It seems prudent to whomever is now left running EXENT to have a 'packing party' and just put in one last effort to close out the GB.

It's easier to do so as an "outsider" compared to someone responsible for the project because I don't get bombarded with questions and complaints (and/or insults) like they would. I try to not get super involved because I don't want to get people too riled up on either side (be it for good or for bad) but I figure if I can share some insight, many of you guys deserve to be in the know too.

Juahenza is in Malaysia too yea, I'm hoping with him being back to ship/help Yuktsi we get to see some progress with the remaining aluminium bottom kits as well as premiums.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2868 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:13:07 »
I just want to know what century I'll get my refund for my stabs and my replacement bottom in.

Offline Data

« Reply #2869 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 06:56:45 »
Refunds HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2870 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 11:36:25 »
Received an update regarding the shipping of my Exent. I've been issued a new tracking number which does have a record. It appears Vigrith is likely right, in that yuktsi is working to complete the groupbuy even if he is only able to send out just one or two boards a week.

I hope that bodes well for the rest of you with dud tracking. The expected arrival is next week so I'll update when I receive it.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2871 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 11:43:51 »

It's easier to do so as an "outsider" compared to someone responsible for the project because I don't get bombarded with questions and complaints (and/or insults) like they would. I try to not get super involved because I don't want to get people too riled up on either side (be it for good or for bad) but I figure if I can share some insight, many of you guys deserve to be in the know too.

Juahenza is in Malaysia too yea, I'm hoping with him being back to ship/help Yuktsi we get to see some progress with the remaining aluminium bottom kits as well as premiums.

Thanks, man.  I have a tracking number, but it's not functioning (No record error).  Do you think it's worth PMing Yuktsi, or should I just wait? I don't want to take up time that could be used for packing/shipping. 

« Reply #2872 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 12:34:46 »
I have a tracking number, but it's not functioning (No record error).  Do you think it's worth PMing Yuktsi, or should I just wait? I don't want to take up time that could be used for packing/shipping.

It sounds like he got a second, separate tracking number assigned when the board got shipped. Hopefully that means you will also get a new tracking number when yours is that will actually work. I don't know that Yuktsi would be able to help until your board gets shipped, at which point it sounds like you should get a new tracking number anyways.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2873 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 18:25:33 »
Received an update regarding the shipping of my Exent. I've been issued a new tracking number which does have a record. It appears Vigrith is likely right, in that yuktsi is working to complete the groupbuy even if he is only able to send out just one or two boards a week.

I hope that bodes well for the rest of you with dud tracking. The expected arrival is next week so I'll update when I receive it.

This is what happened with mine, he initially wondered why the tracking number wasn't working because i asked. They used different waybills. Hopefully the others get theirs settled soon.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2874 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 20:53:38 »
Good news: my EXENT finally arrived today. The anodization is top notch, did a quick test and plugged in the PCB, it seems they've fixed the PCB issues or I got lucky, no RGB LEDs off or wonky.

Potato pics, but the aluminum bottom is very nice as well.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2875 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 20:57:49 »
Good news: my EXENT finally arrived today. The anodization is top notch, did a quick test and plugged in the PCB, it seems they've fixed the PCB issues or I got lucky, no RGB LEDs off or wonky.

Show Image

Show Image

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to crack it too. Congratulations!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2876 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:02:34 »

Whoa. I know people keep praising the anodization of this board, but the way the light is hitting it in your photos... I finally believe the hype.

« Reply #2877 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:05:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Did you get ever get a tracking number?

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2878 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:16:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Did you get ever get a tracking number?

I had to PM with yuktsi back and forth a bit but what people have said earlier in the thread is correct - there appears to be a mix up with the tracking number and some other waybill number. Stuff is on its way, just glacially slow.

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2879 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 05:48:36 »

This is what happened with mine, he initially wondered why the tracking number wasn't working because i asked. They used different waybills. Hopefully the others get theirs settled soon.

Ahh, I see. Fingers crossed for everyone else then!

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2880 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 10:26:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Not that I'm a fan of our color choices but looks really great. I'm amazed that this GB isn't totally dead and boards are actually being shipped, but this is definitely positive news.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2881 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:00:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

god damn

blackpink in your area
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2882 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:46:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's a pretty menacing looking bottom on that particular keyboard combo.  Like terminator vs. my little pony.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2883 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 13:20:42 »

Finished it up this morning. It's a dream to type on :)

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #2884 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 06:21:38 »

Whoa. I know people keep praising the anodization of this board, but the way the light is hitting it in your photos... I finally believe the hype.

Yea the anodization is definitely among the best ive ever felt out of all the keebs ive encountered. Super smooth, but also prone to finger print smudges especially if u went for darker colors like black/grey.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2885 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:43:43 »
Does anyone know if whoever is running the GB has the mod switches on hand for premium orders or that another mystery?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2886 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 19:56:40 »
Does anyone know if whoever is running the GB has the mod switches on hand for premium orders or that another mystery?

I know back when Yuktsi was talking with Sheraton about receiving the premium kit items they had mentioned switches as well. I assume that includes mod switches too but I'm not sure.

Offline TheIronCore

« Reply #2887 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 13:12:08 »
Show Image

Finished it up this morning. It's a dream to type on :)
That looks stunning!
Hello? Yes, this is dog

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2888 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 00:05:20 »
Keyboard arrived! I'll post better pics when I can get around to building it, but here are 2 initial pics: https://imgur.com/a/u9h1NI5

My order was for a silver base kit with extra black alu bottom, 8 degree riser and stabilisers.

Anodising quality is as excellent as others have claimed. Some minor but negligible machining faults on the plate (uneven edges in some switch holes). Polycarbonate bottom was appropriately padded with foam and the riser bar was separate, so mine isn't cracked at all. Missing a couple of the rubber feet on the corners of the base, but not a big deal. The PCB could've been packed better with some padding as it was freely rattling around in between the alu top and base. However, all the LEDs are working! Glad to see that seems to have been sorted out. No issues with the bootmapper.

My only actual complaint so far (besides the delays) is that the stabilisers weren't sent. I think I'm not the first to be missing stabilisers either. I can't build the board without stabs as they need to go on first, so.. I guess I'll just order some separately so I can get on with it.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2889 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 00:19:44 »
My only actual complaint so far (besides the delays) is that the stabilisers weren't sent. I think I'm not the first to be missing stabilisers either. I can't build the board without stabs as they need to go on first, so.. I guess I'll just order some separately so I can get on with it.
I've heard lots of love for the zeal screw in stabs; I bought a set for my M65-A, thinking might get another for the exent. I've got time to kill anyway.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2890 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 02:54:12 »
I've heard lots of love for the zeal screw in stabs; I bought a set for my M65-A, thinking might get another for the exent. I've got time to kill anyway.

Hahah, good tip! Unfortunately it looks like those Zeal stabs won't be shipping til next month so I think I'll pick up some cheap stabs in the meantime.

Offline wtzll

« Reply #2891 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 06:10:05 »
It would be nice to know how many orders were sent/received compared to total orders.
5975:JP

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2892 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 06:12:12 »

Hahah, good tip! Unfortunately it looks like those Zeal stabs won't be shipping til next month so I think I'll pick up some cheap stabs in the meantime.

Just pick up a set of Cherry screw ins (probably also named GMK screw ins), mod them, and you're good to go :p

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2893 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 06:37:09 »

If you do go with screw-in stabs be careful. Lots of people have had issues with them on their boards. You'll definitely want some plastic/nylon washers or tape.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2894 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:46:19 »
Between work, family, and other hobbies, I haven't been around in the keyboard community for some time now, but stopping by and catching up on the situation here has been quite the ride.

Shipping-051 here, I hope to see my two kits safe and sound. No tracking number, as far as I can see.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2895 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:43:09 »

Just pick up a set of Cherry screw ins (probably also named GMK screw ins), mod them, and you're good to go :p

Cherry produces the screw-in stabs which GMK then resells. They're the same physical items. Much better value than Zealstabs unless you must have transparent stabs
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

« Reply #2896 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:41:33 »
I just saw some transparent screw in stabalizers on MD for like $35

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #2897 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:50:15 »
I just saw some transparent screw in stabalizers on MD for like $35

Those are the zeal stabs - hence the price.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2898 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:59:37 »

Cherry produces the screw-in stabs which GMK then resells. They're the same physical items. Much better value than Zealstabs unless you must have transparent stabs

You say this like I haven't ordered 270 sets from GMK ;)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2899 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 15:22:44 »

You say this like I haven't ordered 270 sets from GMK ;)

Should've ordered 270 sets from Zeal, much better value for your buckaroos  :thumb:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac