Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 773053 times)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2900 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 13:53:42 »
It would be nice to know how many orders were sent/received compared to total orders.

I would like to know as well.  It appears my set shipped, as I got a 'tracking number,' and at this point I'm not sure when/where it shipped and what to expect for arrival.  Sounds like what's starting to arrive now is what I ordered: basic black kit with aluminum extra black aluminum bottom.  Just crossing my fingers and waiting at this point!  I'll PM Yuktsi again, but don't want to waste too much of his time.  I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #2901 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 08:24:27 »
Have to move and just pm’ed yuktsi and juahenza.

Please don't ship to the old address! :confused:

Or I'll lose it :(

Who else should I contact if no one reply?
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 May 2018, 09:27:27 by lzlzh035 »

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #2902 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 08:47:54 »
Email too.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2903 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 09:59:34 »

Yuktsi and Juahenza (and some of their local friends) were basically the only ones doing the work in this GB. And Juahenza rarely/never signs into GeekHack and probably won't check his PM's if he did.

Yuktsi is your only hope. If you don't get a response after PM'ing him once or twice you might want to get in contact with the postal service and see if they can do anything. I think sometimes Yuktsi takes a while to respond so you might have to be patient.

Offline ClearKeys

« Reply #2904 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 07:45:58 »
Have to move and just pm’ed yuktsi and juahenza.

Or I'll lose it :(

Contact your post office or relevant mail carrier and let them know to forward to new address also.

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #2905 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 16:20:00 »
Received both of my EXENTs today (in USA via UPS from SF Express): space gray premium, and basic pink, both polycarbonate bottoms. Anodizing job on both is great, there is one tiny nick in the pink one that you can only see if you know where to look for it. GMK set also looks good at a glance, although will unwrap and note any issues once I get to building these. Also received my Mod switches which also seem fine. No stabilizers with either case, but at this point the $12 is a sunk cost that I'm not going to spend a lot of effort worrying about. Still need to test both PCBs, but hope to get these built in the next week or so and will reply if I find any deeper problems.

All in all, happy to finally receive these after 1+ year. For those still waiting, I recommend reaching out to Yuktsi via PM and having some patience. Took a little over a week for him to get me sorted out, but once I got updated tracking numbers I did not have any issues. Now the wait for GMK Laser begins in earnest...

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2906 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 17:53:50 »
Received both of my EXENTs today (in USA via UPS from SF Express): space gray premium, and basic pink, both polycarbonate bottoms. Anodizing job on both is great, there is one tiny nick in the pink one that you can only see if you know where to look for it. GMK set also looks good at a glance, although will unwrap and note any issues once I get to building these. Also received my Mod switches which also seem fine. No stabilizers with either case, but at this point the $12 is a sunk cost that I'm not going to spend a lot of effort worrying about. Still need to test both PCBs, but hope to get these built in the next week or so and will reply if I find any deeper problems.

All in all, happy to finally receive these after 1+ year. For those still waiting, I recommend reaching out to Yuktsi via PM and having some patience. Took a little over a week for him to get me sorted out, but once I got updated tracking numbers I did not have any issues. Now the wait for GMK Laser begins in earnest...

Whoa, a premium kit in the USA! Sounds pretty similar to my order. That makes me excited. Good to know I shouldn't be expecting my stabilizers. I was having second thoughts on using the screw-in stabilizers anyway.

Do you happen to know what your order number was? It should look something like "Invoice ID Shipping - 024" on your invoice.

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #2907 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 18:31:29 »

Whoa, a premium kit in the USA! Sounds pretty similar to my order. That makes me excited. Good to know I shouldn't be expecting my stabilizers. I was having second thoughts on using the screw-in stabilizers anyway.

Do you happen to know what your order number was? It should look something like "Invoice ID Shipping - 024" on your invoice.

I had two orders, first was 15, second was in the 70s I think. I got a tracking number back in February but never any action on it so I reached out to Yuktsi a couple weeks ago.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2908 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:17:44 »
I had two orders, first was 15, second was in the 70s I think. I got a tracking number back in February but never any action on it so I reached out to Yuktsi a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the info! Rumor has it the kits are being sent out in order of invoice number, so I was curious. I'm 24, so that's not much further than 15. But I've yet to even get a tracking number so I'm probably a long ways to go.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2909 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 20:35:54 »
Do you have to flash the pcb for your computer to register the key-presses or should it come with a basic mapping?
Mine is unresponsive out of the box. Anyone experience this or can point me in the right direction?

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #2910 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 21:18:42 »
Do you have to flash the pcb for your computer to register the key-presses or should it come with a basic mapping?
Mine is unresponsive out of the box. Anyone experience this or can point me in the right direction?

i think you need to load it in bootmapper to map each key.
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2911 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 21:50:44 »

I had to use https://github.com/catweewee/Exent-Bootmapper and followed instructions there, default had no keys mapped.

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2912 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:04:07 »

Thanks for the info! Rumor has it the kits are being sent out in order of invoice number, so I was curious. I'm 24, so that's not much further than 15. But I've yet to even get a tracking number so I'm probably a long ways to go.

Mine is premium kit. The series is shipping-061 and no tracking number. FYI

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2913 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 08:55:13 »

I had to use https://github.com/catweewee/Exent-Bootmapper and followed instructions there, default had no keys mapped.

Yep, I loaded up bootmapper and all keys come with no keymap (BAD). Got it put together and programmed, it's working like a charm now!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2914 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 19:46:41 »
Still need to test both PCBs, but hope to get these built in the next week or so and will reply if I find any deeper problems.
How exactly does one go about testing the PCB before soldering switches in, or is that possible? Asking for a friend...   ;)
(really just for me in case the sarcasm is lost  :p )
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2915 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 20:01:17 »
How exactly does one go about testing the PCB before soldering switches in, or is that possible? Asking for a friend...   ;)
(really just for me in case the sarcasm is lost  :p )

First you need to set it up according to that GitHub link. From there you can use tweezers on each of the switch holes on the PCB to short the connection and imitate a keypress.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2916 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 11:21:27 »

#77  *crosses fingers*

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2917 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 11:53:11 »
I got my basic order of Black Top + Aluminum Bottom today. The packaging was really good but unfortunately there's a little scratch near right bottom. Not sure if its from before or after shipping but probably customs have made it. I did not check bottom leds since I only got an aluminum bottom but the PCB itself seems fine for now, gotta build the board first. The case itself is amazing though, they weren't kidding when they said you have to see it in person to really appreciate it. Weights a whopping 2.3 kilos before switches and keycaps. The SS feet is really hefty.  I'll try to post some pics when I manage to build the board. By the way golden holtites have fit in decently for some of the normal holes, did not try them in bottom row though.

I would like to thanks TARO for the design and Yuktsi for all the work he has done. This was a really awful GB but the board is really great.

Offline Shiro583

• Send help. O.o
« Reply #2918 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 03:08:49 »
Does anyone know how I could get into contact with Yuktsi or whoever is handling orders for this GB now?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2919 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 10:03:31 »
Does anyone know how I could get into contact with Yuktsi or whoever is handling orders for this GB now?

From what I've read your best bet is PM'ing Yuktsi. Unfortunately it might take him a while to respond, and he might miss or forget your PM.

Offline Shiro583

• Send help. O.o
« Reply #2920 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 23:29:43 »

From what I've read your best bet is PM'ing Yuktsi. Unfortunately it might take him a while to respond, and he might miss or forget your PM.

Yuktsi has stopped responding to my messages.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2921 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 08:02:39 »

Yuktsi has stopped responding to my messages.

He has missed my message from more than a month ago, but after asking a month after he has responded. You're going to have to pm him again, or if you've pm'ed him for some time now best bet is to wait a bit more.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Shados

« Reply #2922 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 19:50:46 »

...I don't think so. I'm invoice #8 and I haven't got ****. Australia is also quite a bit closer to Malaysia than the US is, so shipping certainly shouldn't take longer.

Offline demorior

« Reply #2923 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:54:00 »
Haven't checked this GB in a couple months, any update on replacements for cracked poly bottoms?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2924 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:24:59 »
Haven't checked this GB in a couple months, any update on replacements for cracked poly bottoms?

I believe they haven't been talked about since January 2nd. As long as you've filled out the google form I think that's all that can be done for now. Replacement bottoms won't be worked on until all shipments are finished, so at this rate you still have a ways to go.

Offline demorior

« Reply #2925 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:37:25 »
i kind of figured. thanks!

I believe they haven't been talked about since January 2nd. As long as you've filled out the google form I think that's all that can be done for now. Replacement bottoms won't be worked on until all shipments are finished, so at this rate you still have a ways to go.

Offline yangsiyin

• Hello World~ Keebs
« Reply #2926 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:04:16 »
Hi . I just place the order via the google form. Is this GB still alive??

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2927 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:04:38 »

No, it closed months ago

Offline yangsiyin

• Hello World~ Keebs
« Reply #2928 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:15:35 »

No, it closed months ago

Oh. thanks for that.I thought it still alive since the google form is there.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2929 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:22:18 »

Reach out to user gumeraser

He was talking about throwing his away once he got it, you should see if you can buy it off him.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2930 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 23:35:34 »
First you need to set it up according to that GitHub link. From there you can use tweezers on each of the switch holes on the PCB to short the connection and imitate a keypress.

Excellent, thank you!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2931 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 23:46:17 »

This is really helpful Traveler, thanks! I just got a PCB made and shipped and was trying to think of the best way, once all of the components are soldered on, I could test the board without soldering in switches.

Offline krispy

« Reply #2932 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:18:21 »

Project Timeline
- Groupbuy ends 22th February 2016
- Payment deadline 28th February 2016
- Production 12-16 weeks

GB ended in 2016 lol. Maybe check https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/. Boards are still trickling out..

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #2933 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:37:09 »

No, it closed months ago

Oh. thanks for that.I thought it still alive since the google form is there.

you're lucky you didn't join this dumpster fire of a GB

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2934 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 11:48:20 »

This is really helpful Traveler, thanks! I just got a PCB made and shipped and was trying to think of the best way, once all of the components are soldered on, I could test the board without soldering in switches.

Another good way is to use some electric wire, strip both ends and put some solder on them.  Bend it into a U shape, then touch each end to a contact.  That way, the wire you are making the connection with is insulated from you.  It's helpful on some controllers that require a short to put it into boot mode, too.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #2935 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:35:45 »

Project Timeline
- Groupbuy ends 22th February 2016
- Payment deadline 28th February 2016
- Production 12-16 weeks

GB ended in 2016 lol. Maybe check https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/. Boards are still trickling out..

Typo, it was February 2017.

Offline tialdo

« Reply #2936 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 04:13:00 »
Hope for my kit arrive one day.

Offline shantanujoshi

« Reply #2937 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 23:34:05 »
I wonder if this GB is gonna be worse than that dude that JUST received his calm depths after like 4 years   :blank:
Never judge a man by his post count
[Hasu 55g HHKB PINK RFs] [GON HHKB Zeals] [GON TKL w/ Erg Clears] [IBM SSK] [VE.A Zeliostotles] [Ergodox Gatistotles]

Offline Katanadog

« Reply #2938 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 23:50:52 »
Hopefully we get an update soon

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #2939 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 02:33:34 »
just got my exent. Saw all the boards too so its just a matter of time until everyone get theirs.

Board is huge, almost same as my full layout ducky3. Anod is super nice as everyone mentioned it is.
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline wtzll

« Reply #2940 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 05:12:18 »
just got my exent. Saw all the boards too so its just a matter of time until everyone get theirs.

Board is huge, almost same as my full layout ducky3. Anod is super nice as everyone mentioned it is.

Congrats! What country you in?

5975:JP

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2941 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 07:50:17 »

Congrats! What country you in?

He's in Malaysia. In the same country as yuktsi and juahenza.

Offline Traveler

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2942 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 11:47:19 »

Curious, how many boards did you see? Just thought I'd use that as a rough estimate of when my board might be shipped lol.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 11:50:01 by Traveler »

Offline Traveler

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2943 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 11:48:04 »
Disregard this comment, I goofed up.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #2944 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:02:58 »

Curious, how many boards did you see? Just thought I'd use that as a rough estimate of when my board might be shipped lol.
There is no way to count it all as they are grouped by boxes per parts and not assembled boards. there are some packed boards too that are waiting to be shipped. i guess i dont have much good news but all i can say is that they are coming and will be shipped eventually.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2945 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:22:20 »
Did you happen to see a pile of replacement acrylic bottoms?

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2946 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 16:05:27 »
Guys, I need some help with my PCB, unfortunately my _- , [{ , ;: , / ? \ and Left arrow column is not working at all and does not show up on Bootmapper. Should I touch up some pins on the MCU, if so any pointers about which ones would be really appreciated.

« Reply #2947 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 21:32:15 »
Just wanted to let everyone one know, I received a tracking number back in February through PayPal that never worked but I just got a Reddit Pm from yuktsi with a new number. He said the board was picked up today and is on it's way. The tracking number doesn't work yet but I'll update here if/when the number works.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #2948 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 22:10:47 »
Did you happen to see a pile of replacement acrylic bottoms?
sorry man, i am not sure if those are replacements or for remaining orders.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #2949 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 22:21:48 »
Hey guys. How’s everyone doing. I haven’t been on here much due to work, but thankfully that’s freed up recently.

I’ve also managed to catch up with Yuktsi :) he’s healthy & well but extremely busy. He was also nice enough to loan me a prototype Alice to play with.

I missed the last 15 (?) pages of this thread, but thought I’d respond to the more recent comments. However, I feel obligated to put the post under a spoiler because it’s not an ‘official’ update, rather just my own personal take on things. Last I remember there were some people who would only accept updates from an ‘official’ source, so you may skip/disregard this post if you’re one of them.

Also, this post does not contain info regarding replacements/reships as I forgot to bring the topic up, but will do so when I go return the prototype.

More
(Yuktsi) has his own Alice GB he's been handling last couple weeks, he had to put up the threads, organise everything, go through entries, verify them, schedule machining, pick and order materials, etc so surely it's understandable that he hasn't been able to get around to shipping things himself and/or updating us here.

Not to mention doing a post-grad course with finals just round the corner.

I also have it in good standing that Juahenza is actually not dead outside of Geekhack

He's expecting his first child soon. I think that has to take priority over everything else.

...but from what I can tell he is paying for things out of pocket now, so Exent will only be moving forward as long as someone can afford to move boards. And if Alice provides some extra income to help out with Exent in the long run then maybe it'll be ok.

Jua & Yuktsi have been paying for things out of pocket since last year. On my end, I've even sent people WS2812Bs, lengths of wire, bumpons, screws and Cherry stabs from my own stash while covering the shipping cost (it is literally not my responsibility, I'm also a GB participant like you) before I started getting too many requests.

To be fair, some people have courteously offered to repay me for the parts, but I am reluctant to accept because it would have meant that they're double-paying. Besides, it’s only a few bucks.

There are a couple TGR GBs lined up over the next few months, obviously I can't say how the revenue will be utilised, but earning some extra $ can't hurt at this point.

What is the main issue with moving forward? It seemed like most of the production was done. For some kits, just needed some minor things. Is it mostly a money issue? If i have to throw in a few extra bucks to get my items, then so be it.

It's a manpower issue. This post describes it quite well.

It would be nice to know how many orders were sent/received compared to total orders.

From a purely “sent” perspective, the figure is actually quite high, but takes a hit if missing stabs + orders with issues (faulty PCB/cracked bottom) are factored in.

TGR GB PCBs usually ship without a keymap, so flashing one wasn’t part of our consideration. We assumed that people would know how to do it themselves. In hindsight, that wasn’t a very smart assumption to make, and I personally will be learning from it.

...i guess i dont have much good news but all i can say is that they are coming and will be shipped eventually.

Yes

Guys, I need some help with my PCB, unfortunately my _- , [{ , ;: , / ? \ and Left arrow column is not working at all and does not show up on Bootmapper. Should I touch up some pins on the MCU, if so any pointers about which ones would be really appreciated.

Are you using screw-in stabs? I believe a workaround was discussed a few pages back.

Till next time!