Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579013 times)

Offline Unforgivable

Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB Coming soon!)
« Reply #2450 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:20:00 »
Prototype MIRA photos from ninjadoc:

http://imgur.com/a/AAydJ

(keep in mind that these were taken indoors in artificial light, so they are not perfectly accurate).

The USB area seems very different for both the grey and blue board. Are these just samples or are they the final prototype?  :(

I love the boxes!

Offline logomachy

« Reply #2451 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:34:33 »

(keep in mind that these were taken indoors in artificial light, so they are not perfectly accurate).

The USB area seems very different for both the grey and blue board. Are these just samples or are they the final prototype?  :(

I love the boxes!

The blue one also has the MIRA SE logo and the diffuser cutouts which makes it look like the intended final design, but perhaps there is another version for those that dislike the diffuser (hope) ?

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2452 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:34:58 »

I love the boxes!

I'm guessing blue is closer to final, if not at the final stage.  The grey one doesn't even have the diffuser.  Just guessing.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2453 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:40:15 »
I think these are prototypes from different stages of the design.  The blue one is what seems to be the relatively final configuration, though there might be some minor tweaks before production.  I like the sharper curves of the blue one more--the gray one is super rounded along the outer corners.  And the final prototype rear side is nicer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:42:14 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2454 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:48:47 »
 :eek: great colors Ninjadoc!  Appreciate the work you're putting in during the rough times.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2455 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:28:49 »
my body is ready

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #2456 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:54:55 »
The diffuser looks to be not continuous around the front and back, that is pretty sick...

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #2457 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:23:27 »
Yo. That lunar grey doe.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #2458 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 02:05:58 »

:eek: These look amazing.

Offline E3E

« Reply #2459 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 02:32:46 »
That box alone is seriously impressive? Where does one go to have such nice packaging made anyway? Is this the first custom board to have branded packaging like that?

Offline Data

« Reply #2460 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:29:33 »
That box alone is seriously impressive? Where does one go to have such nice packaging made anyway? Is this the first custom board to have branded packaging like that?

All of RAMA's stuff has custom packaging and he really goes overboard with it (the guy loves packaging).   But that's the only other example I can think of.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2461 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:21:28 »
I think these are prototypes from different stages of the design.  The blue one is what seems to be the relatively final configuration, though there might be some minor tweaks before production.  I like the sharper curves of the blue one more--the gray one is super rounded along the outer corners.  And the final prototype rear side is nicer.

That blue-grey is simply fantastic. And again, the box for it is amazing as well. It's nice knowing I can store it away with some style...if it's ever stored away!  :))

I know it's pretty late in the process, but any change of holding a future group buy for an aluminum or steel middle layer?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2462 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:44:18 »

All of RAMA's stuff has custom packaging and he really goes overboard with it (the guy loves packaging).   But that's the only other example I can think of.

Unfortunately, I wish that was the case with my M4-A pads. I ordered two of them and they were sent in a mailer envelope (can't recall if it was a bubble mailer or not), and the anodization on both of them seemed to have gotten dinged/scratched in transit. I was a sad camper. Hoping that the M10-A is more securely packaged.

Excited to see the custom packaging for this!

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2463 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:45:44 »

I love the boxes!

The grey one is from the Chinese group buy. I had to have one so I would have one of most of the prototypes. I have no idea what happpened to the first prototype or to the one YukTsi sold. The one YukTsi sold is the only one I know of with that weight in the bottom.

Offline E3E

« Reply #2464 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 22:23:18 »
The grey one is from the Chinese group buy. I had to have one so I would have one of most of the prototypes. I have no idea what happpened to the first prototype or to the one YukTsi sold. The one YukTsi sold is the only one I know of with that weight in the bottom.

Which one was the one Yuktsi sold? Was it the one with the long brass weight inside of it and the revised Mira logo without the sun system (O' Mira)?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 22:50:13 by E3E »

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #2465 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:01:06 »

Matrix boards also have branded packaging

The diffuser looks to be not continuous around the front and back, that is pretty sick...

This way the screws are hidden :)

I feel like it looks a bit cleaner
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:05:13 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #2466 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:22:24 »
Does anyone remember what the angle is gonna be? I forgot and am too lazy to search for it
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline E3E

« Reply #2467 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:24:58 »
Does anyone remember what the angle is gonna be? I forgot and am too lazy to search for it

I think I remember it being 9 or 10 degrees?

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2468 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:58:20 »

This way the screws are hidden :)

I feel like it looks a bit cleaner

Ohhhh! That explains it! I agree; it does look cleaner.  Great idea!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2469 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 14:45:02 »

I think I remember it being 9 or 10 degrees?

Original proposal from DrHubble was 9°, not sure if that's been changed along the way.

Mira currently features:
The custom b.Mira PCB from Winkeyless featuring his standard reprogramability functions and LED support, only controller parts will be pre-soldered (see below for more info)
An engraved stainless Steel weight, slotted in the back of the case
A full aluminum case
9 degree incline
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2470 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 10:11:34 »

Which one was the one Yuktsi sold? Was it the one with the long brass weight inside of it and the revised Mira logo without the sun system (O' Mira)?

yes it was.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2471 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 10:36:07 »
Group buy will go off later today if I can get the order form completed - the delay is me, not manufacturing.
I have been ill this week and have been unable to spend prolonged time at the computer.
Colors will be interstellar black,silver, lunar grey, cosmic pink, night sky blue
Final price will run from $395 - $425. Apparently LZ can get stainless steel machined for less than I can.
The list by Frosty will be numbered and will get free gold stabilizers from Zeal.
I can source stabilizers from Zeal or individuals can purchase their own. I may offer the gold stabilizers kits but I don't believe it is worth the double shipping and fees from Zeal to me and then from me to you for the regular stabilizer kits. I will provide links to his website with the mods permission for purchase of both.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #2472 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 10:58:32 »
Group buy will go off later today if I can get the order form completed - the delay is me, not manufacturing.
I have been ill this week and have been unable to spend prolonged time at the computer.
Colors will be interstellar black,silver, lunar grey, cosmic pink, night sky blue
Final price will run from $395 - $425. Apparently LZ can get stainless steel machined for less than I can.
The list by Frosty will be numbered and will get free gold stabilizers from Zeal.
I can source stabilizers from Zeal or individuals can purchase their own. I may offer the gold stabilizers kits but I don't believe it is worth the double shipping and fees from Zeal to me and then from me to you for the regular stabilizer kits. I will provide links to his website with the mods permission for purchase of both.

My wallet is ready!  :thumb: Def night sky blue color for my Mira. :)

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2473 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 11:37:04 »

Well, time to get my color pick finalized. Hope the mods can get the GB approved as soon as they can!

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #2474 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:09:48 »
Filed my taxes last night, my wallet is ready.  :cool:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline limitz

« Reply #2475 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:48:20 »

The angle is 8 degrees.

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:50:30 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #2476 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:49:38 »
Yeeee, man I was planning on silver because I still need a board that color but the other options are so tempting! The colorways names are selling it for them haha

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2477 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 19:26:26 »

Night sky blue is Blue-Grey, correct?

Ugh, now to figure out if I should get Winkey or Winkeyless... :'(

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2478 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 19:34:10 »
I think it's blue but of a sort of slightly faded grayish type and with a slight magenta/purple tint.  There are photos of it in the OP, but as I've not seen it in person, I can't confirm which is most accurate.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2479 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 21:10:10 »
GB thread is awaiting mod approval

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #2480 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 21:10:55 »
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline limitz

« Reply #2481 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 21:33:02 »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #2482 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:16:17 »

Wow we have reached the GB phase!! Huge thanks Ninjadoc!! Seriously thanks so much for all the work/time you put in to make this a reality for us. I was/am really excited for this board :thumb:

Choosing a color is probably gonna take me a week of deliberation....
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2483 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:17:55 »

Wow we have reached the GB phase!! Huge thanks Ninjadoc!! Seriously thanks so much for all the work/time you put in to make this a reality for us. I was/am really excited for this board :thumb:

Choosing a color is probably gonna take me a week of deliberation....

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #2484 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:31:21 »
The day we've all been waiting for.  :eek:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2485 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:53:36 »
IT'S ALIVE!!!  :thumb:

Offline zzyjayfree

[IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)
« Reply #2488 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:06:08 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:19:54 by zzyjayfree »
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline mechengkeys

Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)
« Reply #2489 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:16:51 »
Is this group buy still open and if so, how can you purchase the Hubble Mira?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2490 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:17:44 »

The group buy is closed and the link to the group buy was right above your post.  :blank:

GB OPEN https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2350738#new

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #2491 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:20:38 »

The group buy is closed and the link to the group buy was right above your post.  :blank:

GB OPEN https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2350738#new

Ooops, status updated now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2492 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:28:18 »
Linked the GB thread in the OP at the top.  This thread is being locked because the IC phase ended and at this point the GB is in progress.