Author Topic: [IC] GODSPEED SA - TOUCHDOWN  (Read 67055 times)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - multi sculpt, figuring out final details
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 22:46:48 »
Oh that Terminal Kit sounds like a perfect solution  :thumb:

From the last kit render, I realize it had very little (if any) 1u R3 novelties which means sad news for ortho user.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - preparing for launch
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 04:34:42 »
And I have a couple questions for those who would use it:
  • Would you like to see it trimmed down to 60% only?
  • Or maybe expanded to 100%? (by adding a flat Numpad with it)
  • Do you like the bottom row modifiers or would you prefer text only?
  • Do you like the red cluster or would you prefer full blue/yellow/beige?

It's impossible to please everyone but given the interest for flat and your passion for sculpted I'm trying to make this work as best as I can. So let me know what you think!

1&2: I think it would be best to check the order quantities for previous buys to get a solid answer for that. But to answer the question for myself as a Fullsize user, I think TLK is fine, Numpad as its own kit.
3: I do love me some nice symbols, but I wouldn't mind if they were only part of a novelties set.
4: Could you maybe provide a picture of the other variant for reference? I'm unsure myself for now.

Mission Control would have made a nice Ctrl key aswell, but I guess a two liner would not fit in with all the other one-liner text mods. Also hoping there will be symbols for arrow keys in a addon kit, never really liked text on those. And since this is spaceflight themed if I got that right, maybe Abort instead of Eject? Never heard of Eject in spaceflight.

Edit: Actually, Mission Control would rather be used for the OS key, even though it contains the word Control, it makes more sense in this context.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 September 2016, 05:43:47 by Oblotzky »

Offline wodan

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:37:57 »
Love the solution to offer the less-sculptured version as an option. With SP MOQ it's very likely the kit will tip and those who really love their R3 will be happy while the rest of us can get their full profile on.

Also very relieved to hear the international kit will be fully profiled. Love the colors and concept of this set and can't wait for the ordering to start.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:10:08 »

60% would be enough for me, but I'm going that way no matter, so it doesn't really matter if it has the extra keys.
Modifiers is fine with me.
The red cluster seems out of place to me.  However, I'm not going to be using those keys, most likely.

Offline parablol

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 13:12:47 »
Any chance of a Dvorak key pack on this?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 12:57:05 »
Any chance of a Dvorak key pack on this?

Absolutely, I'll be posting the child deals (most likely) this weekend.

I'm removing the planet icon from the Terminal Kit and will keep it text only. Thanks you all for the great responses and interest in the project, we gonna have some pretty neat and unique kits available!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 14:05:44 »
Absolutely, I'll be posting the child deals (most likely) this weekend.

I'm removing the planet icon from the Terminal Kit and will keep it text only. Thanks you all for the great responses and interest in the project, we gonna have some pretty neat and unique kits available!

Very exciting news Mito, can't wait for things to get going! Hopefully the planet icon will still be available through the novelties kit, it's a lovely design.

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 22:34:33 »
Really excited for this set. I just wish SP would sort of get their backlog caught up a little more, or else we won't be seeing this set for awhile.  :(

Offline breckstar

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 23:00:05 »

TL;DR: Basically, at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, the set will be 1-1-2-3-4-3 but an unique kit for 40s/60s/TKLs with novelties will be provided on 2-2-3-3-3-3 (and it's called Terminal Kit). What do you think about said kit?
1. I personally like the TKL > 60%, just because of the extra keys you would get to build on other size layouts. What would even be better if it offered a 1.75u shift to cover the 65% community while not really hurting the 60%/TKL communities.
2. I'm not really a 100% guy so I'll pass on that.
3. I like the image key for windows key so I like it how it is. But, I am not opposed to all text as long as it stays in the "novelties" style text and not the typical hyper, meta, super etc. as a replacement for the image key.
4. Red cluster fits as nice accent imo.

Pumped for this set.

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 07:32:32 »
re: terminal set

no to the red cluster

prefer text only bottom row
keyboards

Offline Geckt

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 21:53:38 »
Yep, as usual tsangan child kits everyone voted for.

And it's great news for those that stands only for uniform r3 sets as an option for that DSA can't satisfy them while keeping the full sculptured profile.

I'm with the red cluster if it in includes other keys like Escape to really accentuate the colors. Saying no is just shutting out the creativity for designs.

Hell, I'm all for it if the cluster is in the same faded blue (edit: in this case, the yellow in the mock-up ) used for the modifiers.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 September 2016, 21:55:27 by Geckt »

Offline dilbertprogrammer

• Keyboard Connoisseur
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 11:16:39 »
Terminal Kit looks fantastic!

Offline poolside

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 13:17:40 »
Too bad the NASA-like novelty keys are gone from the Terminal kit. They provided another little bit of pop to the set without having to buy a novelty kit. A lot of people are going to get it for the arrow keys nonetheless.

Great to see that top right red cluster instead of the usual red Esc keycap!  :thumb:

However, I find the Roll, Yaw and Pitch legends a little boring and not spacey enough. They fit better to the Danger Zone theme, in my opinion.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:44:27 »
Below you can see the child kits that will be available on the group buy which is launching very soon. As always, I prepared a surprise kit to be unveiled once it's live. Hope you enjoy it, let me know if you have any considerations.

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:31:09 by MiTo »

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - 3,2,1...
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:53:08 »
Wow, your kits are on point as always, Mito. Incredible work all around and I'm very curious to see what mystery kit you have in store!

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:10:10 »
Just got all hot and bothered from those kits... they look amazing man

Offline dilbertprogrammer

• Keyboard Connoisseur
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:11:07 »
I am super stoked for the 40s kit!  :)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:37:21 »
1. Thank you for the Alpha only base kit
2. Props for the 40s kit
3. Props for the legended ergodox kit!
4. Thank you for the Colemak :-*

Now let me *****ing, esp about your PhD  :p
1. Please add 1 more R4 shift
2. I think it is better to use the Alpha's cream for blanks in PhD and use the yellow to accentuate Low-Rise-Enter
3. How about 1u R3 yellow "Launch" to replace yellow Godspeed on PhD?
4. Pulse's Planck is better IMO with CMD and Caps Lock addition (and Super-Hyper-Meta instead of only SAS-RCS)
5. It's too little novelties available for Planck/Preonic  :-[
Bonus opinion: I don't use apparent bottom-right-arrow on my planck and use another CMD alt ctrl instead, so I prefer anything fancy to replace the arrow or even better, (another) actual CMD alt ctrl.

Nevertheless, very nice kit overall :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:29:10 »
Appreciate the words and considerations, thank you very much guys.

Regarding the Planck kit, the color swap for raise and lower is something I experimented in the past but removed entirely, if this request gathers more weight I'll swap it accordingly. It looks good but people would complain having it yellow only.We will most likely end up with yellow RAISE/LOWER and swap the spacebars for beige, the current yellow space bars will be available via blanks (like they currently are), like you suggested.

I'm looking into adding the secondary shift for the Preonic. But have in mind that the kit already covers the Preonic and it's not possible to cover everyone's particular layout, cause if we do it the kit will end up being huge and expensive. I understand the suggestion and will try to tweak it.

About Planck novelties I understand the frustration since we practically only have SAS and RCS, which are real spacecraft systems terms and act as a wild card in the kit (replacing CMD and the SUPER-META/HYPER trio that's practically on every set). But with the addition of yellow RAISE/LOWER it will look a bit more stylish in my opinion, and more overall balanced between a classy/noveltied look.

The reason for the lack of LAUNCH and other funny legends is because of molds. We have a lot of new molds being done and they aren't entirely interchangable, so even though I wanted more fancy words on the Planck that would mean (again) a relatively sour price.

Problem with adding a yellow enter is that we have 3 enters (R3 and R4) on blue. So it would be another 3 extra caps if I were to add yellow, cause I don't want flat and sculpted people having advantage over the counterpart. 6 total enters wouldn't make sense so we either have 3 blue or 3 yellow. I chose the first for obvious reasons, and in my perception RAISE/LOWER on yellow will be enough yellow accent for a Planck and if you need more accent there's a yellow MAL that can act as an ESC or BACKSPACE via novelties.

Sounds good?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - 3,2,1... 🚀 🌕
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 20:56:06 »
Sounds good man, I just remind something you might skipped but it turns out everything is well planned  ^-^
Even there are two CMD thumb on Dox kit (I suggested it on Reddit teaser)

Hope more people will chime in for beige spacebars and yellow raise-lower at PhD kit :thumb:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:29:53 »
Don't see the terminal in your final kits.  Did you decide not to go that way?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:02:05 »
Don't see the terminal in your final kits.  Did you decide not to go that way?

Pretty sure he just renamed it to "Cockpit" instead - I was left wondering at first too but then I had a better look and it has to be that.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 03:21:05 »
can you add a HHKB layout support? (cough*DELETE*cough*)

Offline maximm

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 04:16:31 »
Good kits but!
* No Alt GR for the norde
* Why the 6.25 spacebar in the spacebar kit? Its included in all other kits that needs it. Add the 7u spacebar to the tsafox for WKL compatibility.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 04:18:26 »

I believe MiTo changed it to ERASE in Tsafox Kit (R2 1.5u one).

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 05:44:08 »
It's... beautiful. I'll definitely be grabbing the Novelty set along with a 100% setup. I have slight concerns though regarding the cream color of the alphas, the color came out quite different for the Nantucket Selectric set, see chip on keychain vs actual keys.

Will we have to pray for a good outcome?

Offline poolside

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 18:59:01 »
So many keys in that Novelties kit!  :thumb:

No need for FC660M users to get the Tsafox kit this time, as the Novelties kit provides the extra 2.25u "Deflect" Shift and a 1u R3 "NASA" Fn replacement, wonderful! :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 19:47:11 »

This is correct, I'm  also going to add a R3 1.5 ERASE for the Cockpit (flat profile) people.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:14:55 »

This is correct, I'm  also going to add a R3 1.5 ERASE for the Cockpit (flat profile) people.
Maybe a 1.75u shift/novelty shift as well to cockpit? Seems like that could make it a one and done kit for a lot of people.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:42:56 »
Maybe a 1.75u shift/novelty shift as well to cockpit? Seems like that could make it a one and done kit for a lot of people.

Actually, this is a really good idea if expanding the kit by 1-2 keys isn't that big of a deal/defeating the purpose. I'm planning on buying a 40% kit for my 1.75u rshift since I have a tiny board coming in soon enough but if there'd be a one included in the Cockpit kit then that'd be really cool (I may still buy the 40% regardless, but it's nice to have options).

Offline breckstar

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 23:20:14 »

Actually, this is a really good idea if expanding the kit by 1-2 keys isn't that big of a deal/defeating the purpose. I'm planning on buying a 40% kit for my 1.75u rshift since I have a tiny board coming in soon enough but if there'd be a one included in the Cockpit kit then that'd be really cool (I may still buy the 40% regardless, but it's nice to have options).

Yeah because its like depending on the flavor I am feeling (65% user)
1. get cockpit + maybe 40s (depending on 1.75u status for cockpit base or really wanting those 1.5u transmit, houston, lunar and 1.75u lock) or
2. get standard alpha + novelties + 40s

Probably would pick up the 40s either way, but still would like to see the 1.75u novelty shift make it in.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 23:41:53 »
I have reviewed the TsaFox, 40s, PhD and Ergo kits and while I apreciate the input adding a 1.75u to the Cockpit is not interesting, considering the bigger picture.

> Changelog:
  • HYPER, META replacing CTRL, ALT on PhD;
  • Color swaps on PhD;
  • Included 2.75u blank on 40s for the VE.A;
  • 1u CMD replaced one of the previous 1u ALT on TsaFox (we previously had 2 ALTs);
  • Added 1.5u R3 ERASE to TsaFox;
  • Added 7u space bar to TsaFox;
  • Added a blank 2u spacebar to the Ergo von Dox.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:30:42 »
The PhD now is super super sweet. I can't complain anything since I believe it already cover most of the popular layout :thumb:

Now I'm considering Tsafox just to get 1u ctrl-alt-cmd-sys to free myself from arrows  :p

Offline eddible

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 11:51:09 »
Kits look ace, especially that complete UK kit! My only concern is that novelties kit is enormous, will it not be super expensive relative to the base kit?

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 12:25:05 »
Uniform pls.

SA Dangerzone proved to me that it works <3

Show Image

SO PROUD

+1,000
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 18:27:01 »
It's... beautiful. I'll definitely be grabbing the Novelty set along with a 100% setup. I have slight concerns though regarding the cream color of the alphas, the color came out quite different for the Nantucket Selectric set, see chip on keychain vs actual keys.

Show Image

I completely understand your concern and your point is very valid.

We are fine, I'm compensating the injection melting color effect with the chips we are using.

Our set won't have high contrast alpha legends nor a weird white (it's very hard to capture the real colors, WV doesn't look anything like that chip).

We will have a very vintage beige and blue, combined with a vivid light yellow and subtle gray. Just don't retrobright the set!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 18:41:13 »

Show Image

I completely understand your concern and your point is very valid.

We are fine, I'm compensating the injection melting color effect with the chips we are using.

Our set won't have high contrast alpha legends nor a weird white (it's very hard to capture the real colors, WV doesn't look anything like that chip).

We will have a very vintage beige and blue, combined with a vivid light yellow and subtle gray. Just don't retrobright the set!

Great! I have no more concerns for this set then and will await the GB!

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 19:42:39 »
While I'm definitely down for this set for my 60% but just to ask, could there be some 1.75 blanks tossed in for split space bar support on JD40/45 boards?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 22:40:02 »
Updated this OP with tweaked final kits.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:25:24 »
While I'm definitely down for this set for my 60% but just to ask, could there be some 1.75 blanks tossed in for split space bar support on JD40/45 boards?

I'm with yeahsure. A 1.75 R3 blank would come in handy.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:34:54 »

I'm with yeahsure. A 1.75 R3 blank would come in handy.

What kits are you planning to get in order to almost cover the JD (since you're short 1 x 1.75u)?

Offline Str1pez

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:51:34 »
Oh this set is gorgeous.  Mito just has a killer eye for this. :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:56:43 »
We already cover the 6.25 space bar version of the JD40 and if I add a 1.75u then the JD45 is also covered.

In order to cover the secondary version of the JD40 (very specific) I'd need to add 5 x 1u R3 (on top of the 1.75u R3 blank addition) and that's way too much caps... I know it's not ideal, but for that there's the TsaFox kit.

Offline hervuli

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 10:00:50 »
We already cover the 6.25 space bar version of the JD40 and if I add a 1.75u then the JD45 is also covered.

In order to cover the secondary version of the JD40 (very specific) I'd need to add 5 x 1u R3 (on top of the 1.75u R3 blank addition) and that's way too much caps... I know it's not ideal, but for that there's the TsaFox kit.

As a JD40 user with that secondary layout, I'd be perfectly happy with just the additional 1.75u blank. Thank you!!
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline Geckt

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 11:23:41 »
Wow, that's almost as many child deals as Overcast if you'd really implement dual profile for this GB.

But, and chances of higher versatility?
Like 1800 adapter kits or 6U spacebar instead of the already existing 6.25U in the spacebar pack?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 11:37:46 »
Wow, that's almost as many child deals as Overcast if you'd really implement dual profile for this GB.

But, and chances of higher versatility?
Like 1800 adapter kits or 6U spacebar instead of the already existing 6.25U in the spacebar pack?

Unfortunately 6u long SA space bars don't exist.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - L I F T O F F
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:39:04 »

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
Re: [IC] GODSPEED SA - C O U N T D O W N
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:58:30 »
Anyone wanna donate an alphas and tsafox to a poor student? :p

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:59:41 »
Anyone wanna donate an alphas and tsafox to a poor student?
Need some novelties too. 

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 20:02:52 »
Anyone wanna donate an alphas and tsafox to a poor student?
Need some novelties too.

Indeed! ;D

Now that I think of it... I could trade a 1976... maybe.