Author Topic: TMK/QMK-based replacement controller for Model M-122  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Quartz64

TMK/QMK-based replacement controller for Model M-122
« on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 05:01:18 »
I have an IBM Model M-122 keyboard. The controller was dead, so I desoldered those two FFC connectors and installed them on prototyping PCB with Teensy 3.2 (I did not have experience with ARM-based Teensies, just received one from my friend).
I was able to compile and run Kiibohd on my controller. This keyboard uses 20x8 matrix, and I used Kiibohd's serial console debug to trace the matrix. While it was very useful and easy to setup, I don't like Kiibohd for it's KLL syntax, so I've decided to run QMK or TMK.
Teensy 3.2 is supported in TMK via ChibiOS. I've decided to start with working example — i75 keyboard by di0ib, author of "40 percent" blog. I've made all the necessary changes (columns and rows numbers, pins, keymap), here is the result. My firmware compiles, I can see a HID device when connecting, hid_listen finds it and displays "Listening", but there is nothing more, no keystrokes.
I have only basic knowledge of C, and I'm too stupid to figure out how to debug TMK. What am I doing wrong?
Ergodox (Gat blue), GH60 (Gat blue), Nyquist (Kailh box black), IBM Model M