Author Topic: Is Originative still in business?  (Read 36938 times)

Offline fatchoi

Re: Is Originative still in business?
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 01:26:22 »
Em... I think I could place an order now, considering Originative is running again..

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 01:40:14 »
Em... I think I could place an order now, considering Originative is running again..

One would think.  Whether or not that is a good idea is something else.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 02:53:16 »

One would think.  Whether or not that is a good idea is something else.

Let me observe for some time more...

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 00:33:20 »
i'll wait one more week. If everything will be fine, i'll place my order :P
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline tbc

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 01:35:17 »
can someone tell me the dealio about the BSP PBT RGB blanks?

are they not available and one of the 'special needs' items that will never get fulfilled?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tokohemat

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 12:37:49 »
Please be careful,

My order #1548 shipped to the wrong country, the seller should shipped the package to Baldwin park California same as the shipping confirmation but the tracking number said the package delivered to Singapore tracking number LJ932968767US, after I asked sheraton on the email, then he told me that he gave the wrong tracking number because my billing address is Indonesia but the shipping address is to Baldwin Park California, then I started to confused about his words, what is the connection by shipped the order to Singapore? which is not make sense at all, then after one week I waited but no more reply from sheraton about this problem, so I emailed the shopify's admin and then the admin said that the seller has responded that the package was never shipped to Singapore, the seller told to the shopify's admin that the package was shipped to the correct address in Baldwin Park California. If the the seller really shipped the package to the correct address where is the correct tracking number?  why sheraton never respond my emails ? instead he can fast answer the shopify's admin on email. Then the shopify's admin advised me to start the charge-back process, sheraton act very strange what happened with you, why you must lie to us?  Why you gave me the wrong USPS tracking number LJ932968767US ( delivered to singapore ).

Thank you for placing your order with Originative!

This email is to confirm your recent order.

Date 03/21/2014

1x Dolch - Winkeyless Modifiers for $25.00 each
    1x Dolch - Numberpad for $25.00 each
    1x Charred Orange for $95.00 each

Subtotal : $145.00 USD

CA State Tax : $11.40 USD

Los Angeles County Tax : $2.28 USD

Shipping : $7.03 USD

Total : $165.71 USD

Offline ebacho

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 12:42:45 »
Eeyup, probably not going to order Cryllic anymore. 

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 18:52:37 »
It's ok.

People will still order from his site.

It's like ordering flowers to be delivered on Valentines Day and not having the flowers delivered at all.

When you call up about it, they only give you a 25 percent off coupon.

Not a refund. Not a re-delivery. 25 percent off! WTF!!

Then you do a chargeback on your CC if you can.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:25:34 »
I just sent sherry another email, let's see what's going on

Just FYI since people are still debating whether to order or not.

Surprisingly sherry replied my latest inquiry, after ignoring me for almost 2 months (4 emails sent over that period).

He told me that he didn't send my order because of the issue with taihao doubleshot mentioned in his facebook update.

However I cancelled my DS long time ago. I only have GMK in my order. And he never mentioned issues with taihao since nov 2013.

He said he'll ship the GMK, but I'm not convinced until I have a tracking number at the very least.

It seems like his business is very unorganized. And sometimes he'll refer originative as "we", not sure if he's running this by himself or he has helpers.

Anyway, I think he stopped bothering to come to GH and he has a hard time keeping track of orders.

I'll give another update if he ships.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:29:15 by gh_pp »
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline cadgers

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 19:59:08 »
I just got a shipping notification! Will update when the tracking starts.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 21:36:01 »
Ordered a Dolch numpad for a 104 Filco I'm about to install clears on.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 21:48:57 by shawn o »

Offline shawn o

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:59:08 »
Got my Dolch caps today no problem.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 02:12:16 »
Got my Dolch caps today no problem.

In 4 days?  Damn, that was fast!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:31:50 »
I mean, quick shipping like that is typical sherry. I think whatever he was doing is now done, and he has time for this again. Or, at least I think that's what's up.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yuiop

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 20:37:33 »
Ordered three items -- GMK charred orange, 65 springs, metal key puller -- but only received the GMK set & springs.  No keycap puller.

The charred orange set came with several keys with noticeable scratches on them.  I'm guessing that's normal for GMK keycaps?  At least there's no key missing.  Thank god for that.  A huge sigh of relief since my sanctuary set from the original GB came with F5 key missing and Sherryton never sent me the replacement key he had promised. 

I pretty much expected something to go wrong.  So I recorded the whole process of me opening up the package and checking every key caps to make sure nothing's missing.  I recommend you to do the same when you receive something from originative.   That way you have something to support your case if you ever need to file a claim etc.

Email sent and hopefully they do something about this.  If not, I'm out 6 bucks which I guess is not too bad considering what others have gone through.

He responded very quickly and said he will send out the missing item.  Pleasantly surprised.

I can confirm he sent out the missing item in a timely manner and I received it within a week. 

BTW I absolutely love this key puller.
I get why Koreans were all raving about how this one is so much better than the wire puller :D

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #215 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 20:39:58 »
Ordered three items -- GMK charred orange, 65 springs, metal key puller -- but only received the GMK set & springs.  No keycap puller.

The charred orange set came with several keys with noticeable scratches on them.  I'm guessing that's normal for GMK keycaps?  At least there's no key missing.  Thank god for that.  A huge sigh of relief since my sanctuary set from the original GB came with F5 key missing and Sherryton never sent me the replacement key he had promised. 

I pretty much expected something to go wrong.  So I recorded the whole process of me opening up the package and checking every key caps to make sure nothing's missing.  I recommend you to do the same when you receive something from originative.   That way you have something to support your case if you ever need to file a claim etc.

Email sent and hopefully they do something about this.  If not, I'm out 6 bucks which I guess is not too bad considering what others have gone through.

He responded very quickly and said he will send out the missing item.  Pleasantly surprised.

I can confirm he sent out the missing item in a timely manner and I received it within a week. 

I get why Koreans were all raving about how this one is so much better than the wire puller :D

A puller that's better than a wire puller? Which one?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 20:46:09 »

Maybe this one?

http://www.originativeco.com/collections/accessories/products/metal-keycap-puller
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 21:03:39 »
This one.
Show Image

http://www.originativeco.com/collections/accessories/products/metal-keycap-puller

What do the teeth look like on that keycap puller? Enlighten us as to why it's better  :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 21:25:45 »
This one.
Show Image

Do they scratch up the keys?
when i used it on my realforce, as long as you hold it firmly and apply pressure slowly it doesn't slip off. i've only used it a few times though, soo

Offline tbc

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 21:33:32 »
how on earth does it even get underneath the cap without scratcing the side?

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 21:41:47 »
do keycaps scratch that easily? i've never noticed any scratches. the teeth on the edge arent that sharp.

Offline yuiop

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 04:07:18 »
Yeah edges not that sharp.

My only complaints is that it gets bent and twisted rather easily when using on tight fitting keycaps. (ie MX Clear stem + Dsa retro such a PITA)

Offline tbc

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 14:15:21 »
do keycaps scratch that easily? i've never noticed any scratches. the teeth on the edge arent that sharp.
the plastic rings ALWAYS scratch my caps when i use them.

i'm pretty sure at this point that it always scratches, but the regular users don't consider them to be an issue and therefore don't call them scratches.  sor of like the wide array of 'good condition' cellphones.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:53:33 »

Maybe this one?

i find this keypuller doesn't work well with the 1x cap. otherwise it's perfect. btw, how do you remove spacebar?
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:54:50 »

Maybe this one?

i find this keypuller doesn't work well with the 1x cap. otherwise it's perfect. btw, how do you remove spacebar?

pull on it

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:25:44 »

Remove the Alt keys left and right of it and pull upwards.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:28:55 »

Maybe this one?

pull on it

well said
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:43:58 »

Remove the Alt keys left and right of it and pull upwards.

this.  just use your fingers on both sides.  very gently.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:51:45 »

Maybe this one?

pull on it

well said

#pacifisthelp, yo

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 11:20:16 »
any news from originative, guys???

at least 2 people got their order...
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline intelli78

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 11:20:45 »
I have placed 2 orders with Originative in the last couple months, and I received both.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 12:31:03 »
Nope, every 1-2 months he would reply saying the order is ok, but never ships anything.
Already filed dispute.

It seems like all the people that get hosed ordered from the last black friday time frame, black otaku, colorful doubleshots, handibeit, etc.

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 12:37:52 »
I have placed 2 orders with Originative in the last couple months, and I received both.
Same, just received my missing Dolch key cap!
I think there's just a bunch of old orders that are left in question.
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline n1njaPhou

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 16:43:36 »
I ordered the Cyrillic set recently and it came in a timely manner.

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 00:13:13 »
Still no news about missing keys

Offline J0hn

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:19:22 »
I placed an order for 1x Dolch exension kit and 1x winkeyless mods and recieved winkeyless mods and numberpad kit instead...

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:22:28 »
Sherry has been off and on with replies. Excuse after excuse.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:05:13 »
I placed an order for 1x Dolch exension kit and 1x winkeyless mods and recieved winkeyless mods and numberpad kit instead...

Jeez this guys gotta be high when he does his orders or something, mistake after mistake. And you're in Sweden what a pain.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:11:18 »
That would at least explain where there money from the black friday orders went.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:26:36 »
Surprising I asked about the Lightsaver, and got a response within 15 minutes from Sheraton.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Johan

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 09:21:54 »
I'm starting to think that I got the wrong email address, I still haven't heard anything from Sheraton. Its been, like 4 months now?
Uh, stuff.

Offline avtar

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:37:23 »
Which email address did you use? I received the Cyrillic keycaps from Originative a couple of weeks ago and just received shipping confirmation for a Light Saver.

Offline Johan

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 11:26:34 »
I used both the sales and the support email at the originative website.
Uh, stuff.

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 13:29:16 »
They're definitely still in business, though slow to reply. Sheraton has just sorted out some issues with an order I had (none of it Originative's fault: daft customs officials in my country) and though he did take weeks at a time to come back to me (he's clearly very busy), he was as good as his word. I used three email addresses, sales, support and Sheraton's and the replies came from a mixture of those.

Offline avtar

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 13:57:23 »
I used both the sales and the support email at the originative website.

I've only used sales@ and received replies from sheraton@ but it sounds like the issue(s) you experienced can't be attributed to email addresses. That sucks :/

Offline Johan

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 14:55:49 »
They're definitely still in business, though slow to reply. Sheraton has just sorted out some issues with an order I had (none of it Originative's fault: daft customs officials in my country) and though he did take weeks at a time to come back to me (he's clearly very busy), he was as good as his word. I used three email addresses, sales, support and Sheraton's and the replies came from a mixture of those.

The first email was about payment, I paid with btc and had a tiny struggle. He confirmed that the payment went through and that he had my order down, and just wanted to check Shipping information, Which I assumed was my address+postcode+ect and was what I replied with. No reply after that.
The other emails where just checking how it was going, if it was shipped etc. These were sent with roughly a month apart, starting in January, latest being 2-3 weeks ago.
Uh, stuff.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 11:42:23 »
Bad news. CC said it's outside of the 60 days dispute window and rejected the chargeback.

So now I'm out $160 after almost 8 months of trying to get sheraton send my stuff out :(

Again he goes into the cycle of not replying to my inquiries..

Offline J0hn

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 12:13:37 »
The first email I sent him he replied after 15 mins, the next email I sent 7 days ago he still have not replied to.. it's pathetic, really.