Author Topic: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]  (Read 304152 times)

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
Re: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [Shipping]
« Reply #1250 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:16:11 »
Hi guys. I need some help. So I was finally able to play with the pcb and the jigon software. After a few seconds of connecting, 2 of the rgb leds are now magenta. It should be white. I also noticed that not all have the same brightness/warmth.

How can I fix this?

This happened to me too.  According to Leeku there were some defects with the solder on these LEDs.  Reflow the solder and you should be fine.  If they don't work after the reflow, then order freshies from Digi-Key or Mouser.  It's part number is WS2812B

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #1251 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:29:49 »
Anyone have a link for a comparable replacement screw?

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1252 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:33:10 »
Looking for a pair of duck feet for my board, anyone know if they are the same across all boards that use them? Or are they specifically made for each board?

Thanks

Edit: got one!!! Thanks Elaeagnifolia!!!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 22:01:17 by Willyc277 »

Offline rondg

« Reply #1253 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 22:24:24 »
Hi guys. I need some help. So I was finally able to play with the pcb and the jigon software. After a few seconds of connecting, 2 of the rgb leds are now magenta. It should be white. I also noticed that not all have the same brightness/warmth.

How can I fix this?

This happened to me too.  According to Leeku there were some defects with the solder on these LEDs.  Reflow the solder and you should be fine.  If they don't work after the reflow, then order freshies from Digi-Key or Mouser.  It's part number is WS2812B

I contacted Leeku and he said that I may have a bad led. But I will definitely try reflowing first. Thanks for the tip!

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1254 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 05:43:45 »

Yes I would love one too, I was looking around on ebay and other site RC car guys have them in some colours, most commonly blue, red and orange. COuld not find lime green or purple. I only want the purple now.

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #1255 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 07:09:15 »

Yes I would love one too, I was looking around on ebay and other site RC car guys have them in some colours, most commonly blue, red and orange. COuld not find lime green or purple. I only want the purple now.

Do you have a link for some orange ones?

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 18:19:57 »
Do you have a link for some orange ones?

Also I am nto 100% on the size, pretty sure they are M3 and that is all goos with T6? 3mm machine thread and 12-14mm long, I think. Can someone else confirm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-Aluminum-7075-3x12mm-Hex-Socket-Flat-Head-Screws-Orange-AHF-312OR-/381497271486?hash=item58d30264be

EDIT: I think i have nearly found my purple screws, but these are a little pink.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-Aluminum-7075-3x12mm-Hex-Socket-Flat-Head-Screws-Pink-Car-AHF-312PK-/381486324816?hash=item58d25b5c50

EDIT some more: A link to a bunch of screws, there are a few colours in there including GOLD! if you wanna go full hedonismbot on it.
http://stores.ebay.com/rcmart/Screws-Nuts-/_i.html?_fsub=1402750&_sid=42095710&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 June 2016, 18:43:26 by Zibob »

Offline drewba

« Reply #1257 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 14:43:32 »
Hi Leeku, I sent you an email on June 11th about not receiving translucent top/bottom pieces in my last package. Can you let me know if I need to do anything to get those?

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1258 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:36:18 »
Hi,

I'm running into a small problem that I'm hoping someone might have some insight into.

I installed switches to support a split backspace key (2 keys instead of one centered key), but neither those keys nor the extra key above them (to the right on F12) are functional.  The LEDs function, and  I can't see anything that would account for the issue.  I've re-soldered, and it all looks good, including the diodes, etc.

Has anyone run this layout successfully?

I'll probably just replace the diodes next and see what happens. 

It doesn't appear that any code is being sent when I actuate those keys.

Thanks

Dansor

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1259 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:52:10 »
Hi,

I'm running into a small problem that I'm hoping someone might have some insight into.

I installed switches to support a split backspace key (2 keys instead of one centered key), but neither those keys nor the extra key above them (to the right on F12) are functional.  The LEDs function, and  I can't see anything that would account for the issue.  I've re-soldered, and it all looks good, including the diodes, etc.

Has anyone run this layout successfully?

I'll probably just replace the diodes next and see what happens. 

It doesn't appear that any code is being sent when I actuate those keys.

Thanks

Dansor

The one near the numberpad is connected on both pins to the fullsize backspace so that switch should just work and it does on my board with the latest default firmware.  The inner switch position does not send a code so I don't think it's mapped - I'd fire up jigon and see if a random switch lights up when you press it before getting out the soldering iron.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 11:59:53 »
The one near the numberpad is connected on both pins to the fullsize backspace so that switch should just work and it does on my board with the latest default firmware.  The inner switch position does not send a code so I don't think it's mapped - I'd fire up jigon and see if a random switch lights up when you press it before getting out the soldering iron.

Nothing lights up when any of those three switches are hit in any combination, so I'm thinking it's a hardware thing.
I was just hoping someone would have a magical solution for me, like some obscure layer combination option or something.  You know... magic...

Thanks for the input though :)

I'd just swap the 2 backspace key out for a single standard backspace key, but a can't squeeze the stabilizer for it in there without de-soldering a ton of LEDs and switches :(

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 12:05:50 »
Actually, that did give me a thought.  Maybe I'll manually run a wire from those 3 switches to three unused switch pads.
I'm currently using a 1.25x-1.25x-1.25x-6.25x-1x-1x-1x layout.   I could probably just run a wire down to the two split-space keys, if those are actually different from the normal space key, which I think they are.  Will need to take a look.  That would at least take care of two of the keys. 

And maybe for the third I can just wire to the standard backspace key.  That would be cool.  Will need to try it tonight.

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 12:07:26 by Dansor »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1262 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:42:23 »
Actually, that did give me a thought.  Maybe I'll manually run a wire from those 3 switches to three unused switch pads.
I'm currently using a 1.25x-1.25x-1.25x-6.25x-1x-1x-1x layout.   I could probably just run a wire down to the two split-space keys, if those are actually different from the normal space key, which I think they are.  Will need to take a look.  That would at least take care of two of the keys. 

And maybe for the third I can just wire to the standard backspace key.  That would be cool.  Will need to try it tonight.

This probably wont really help you but try this just incase

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76617.msg2157673#msg2157673

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1263 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:06:23 »

Nothing lights up when any of those three switches are hit in any combination, so I'm thinking it's a hardware thing.
I was just hoping someone would have a magical solution for me, like some obscure layer combination option or something.  You know... magic...

Thanks for the input though :)

I'd just swap the 2 backspace key out for a single standard backspace key, but a can't squeeze the stabilizer for it in there without de-soldering a ton of LEDs and switches :(

If you're soldering the top pin of all thrre of those positions are connected to the top pin of 0 next door, and the lower pins connect to the left side of the diode below them - that would look tidier.

The switch above also connects to the top row on the top pins, and the bottom pin goes to the left of the diode below, not the one slightly right.

If you do solder them to other positions in the matrix you need to make sure they are completely isolated from their old positions which isn't easy.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1264 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 21:01:34 »
Came to my attention that leeku has completed all the assembly and shipping.

Group buy is now COMPLETE

And big shout out to everyone who joined and supported Leeku's first GB :).

Some bumps ( assembly ) but I'd say it's been one of the smoothest buys in the past year!

^-^
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 21:03:22 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline calvinhousecat

Re: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]
« Reply #1265 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 22:01:43 »
Yes it was! Thanks again Leeku for taking the late newbies like me. My CPSQ is fantastic, my new favorite board

Offline ceflame

« Reply #1266 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 22:06:43 »
Thanks to Meiosis and Leeku for bringing this awesome board  :thumb: . Full-size too long, 96 layout looks funky, compact-1800 layout BEST.
Only thing I'm sad about is expecting to perfect my board with the replacement tops, but both came cracked.

Offline Kempher

« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 16:34:34 »
Just got my new SKIDATA to go with this board and it looks great!

SQ-1800 /w Gateron Blacks

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 16:42:24 »
Just got my new SKIDATA to go with this board and it looks great!

Show Image

Damn that looks good, love the matching Slo-Fi peeking over the top!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #1269 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 12:00:39 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 August 2016, 21:56:52 by onmybikedrunk »

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #1270 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 15:55:02 »
I've collected L3 software/JigOn tips from this thread, Google translate and Github, so here is my attempt at English documentation for Leeku's software:

L3 Software and JigOn

Now at version 1.04.

Feedback appreciated!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 August 2016, 13:10:18 by Pliny »
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1271 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 16:43:49 »
I've collected L3 software/JigOn tips from this thread, Google translate and Github, so here is my attempt at English documentation for Leeku's software:

L3 Software and JigOn

Early version. Feedback appreciated!

This is awesome and much needed. Thanks for doing that! Nothing to add off the top of my head but I will look again

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1272 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 20:21:05 »

L3 Software and JigOn

Thanks a lot for this! Is there a way to dim in-switch LEDs?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1273 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 20:45:05 »

L3 Software and JigOn

Would need to calculate the resistance you need but it isn't possible through software I believe..
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1274 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:57:52 »
Sometimes the keyboard will connect but most of the time the keyboard won't connect... does anyone know how to fix this?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1275 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:16:43 »
Sometimes the keyboard will connect but most of the time the keyboard won't connect... does anyone know how to fix this?
Have you tried a different cable? Or plug it to another USB?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1276 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:13:24 »
Have you tried a different cable? Or plug it to another USB?

Yes I've used 2 different cables. Sometimes they work but most of the time they don't

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #1277 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 20:11:28 »

When you say "connect," is that connect at all for typing, or connect to customize/flash it?

I'd say:
- try a different USB port
- try holding down 'U' as you plug it in
- flash it to the latest firmware if you're not certain it's already up to date

as starter ideas
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1278 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:50:59 »

When you say "connect," is that connect at all for typing, or connect to customize/flash it?

I'd say:
- try a different USB port
- try holding down 'U' as you plug it in
- flash it to the latest firmware if you're not certain it's already up to date

as starter ideas

I can connect "for typing" but i cannot connect to "customize/flash it"

I tried holding down "U" to plug it in and it's already flashed to the latest firmware

Edit: I used a different port and it connected fine. Thanks for your help!! It was much appreciated!!!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:56:31 by Baddy126 »

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1279 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:55:50 »

L3 Software and JigOn

Would need to calculate the resistance you need but it isn't possible through software I believe..

Does the push leve havel no way to "set" a push level? It does seem like something can keep it at a certain brightness when i have it on that mode
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 August 2016, 11:04:03 by Baddy126 »

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #1280 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:27:16 »
FINALLY finished building this thing! After forgetting to put in stabs before soldering (almost all) switches  :-[ and rebuilding, it is finished. Now I have mixed feelings towards it, because of all the frustration and effort. Even though it was my own fault in the first place. It has socketed Gateron greens.

Now to figure out how to program it...
I like keyboards

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1281 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:53:44 »
FINALLY finished building this thing! After forgetting to put in stabs before soldering (almost all) switches  :-[ and rebuilding, it is finished. Now I have mixed feelings towards it, because of all the frustration and effort. Even though it was my own fault in the first place. It has socketed Gateron greens.

Looks good. Any other pictures?  ^-^

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 11:28:34 »

looks sweet man, dolch sitting where it should be, on an 1800  :thumb:

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:09:39 »
Got my board built!

Anyone have an extra housing or just a board they want to sell?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1284 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:17:14 »
Got my board built!

Show Image

Show Image

wow those look really great man.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1285 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:18:51 »
Got my board built!

Show Image

Show Image

wow those look really great man.

Thanks Naasfu! I am really loving the setup but don't look forward to changing out the PCB every time I want to change the switches.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1286 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:44:32 »
Got my board built!

Show Image

Show Image

Both those themes are on point  :thumb: 

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1287 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:46:17 »
Got my board built!

Show Image

Show Image

Both those themes are on point  :thumb:

Thanks man! Can't wait to get my second PCB built with zealiostotles. I kinda want to see if I can get a steel plate from someone. Hell even another housing would be awesome.

Offline clochette

« Reply #1288 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 10:38:59 »
are we able to change the color of the numlock/capslock LED?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1289 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 10:40:59 »
Ya just change the LEDs.. Would be easy if you already installed the SIP sockets

Offline skuko

« Reply #1290 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 10:50:48 »
if any1 wants to sell one of these, pm me :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1291 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 11:05:12 »
if any1 wants to sell one of these, pm me :)
I think att1cus wants to sell his, PM him/check his classified.

Offline odd

« Reply #1292 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 23:06:52 »
Does anyone have a extra set of duck feet they want to sell me? I'll pay extra  :p

Offline clochette

« Reply #1293 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 15:38:54 »
my LEDs just died on me  :'(

Offline hatran87

« Reply #1294 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 20:08:42 »

Ohhh me too, 4 leds died  :'(

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1295 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 23:00:59 »

Ohhh me too, 4 leds died  :'(

I had 1 in-switch LED die.  :-[
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #1296 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 23:35:48 »
Since this thread got bumped.. anyone want to buy one of the frosted acrylic tops (has a crack in the top left corner though).
I have an extra one laying around, and I've already sold my CP-SQ.