Author Topic: Zowie... are they really so superior mice or is it hype?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Zowie... are they really so superior mice or is it hype?
« on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 09:48:35 »
As per title. As I understand, their image is kinda alternative, more "really" professional than Razer or Steelseries, at the same time their mice do seem to be pricy, especially when you compare price to parameters. This would be okay if the mice worked well but it just turns attention how big the prices are. Anyway, they also seem to get good press with players.

My observation is that the parameters don't seem to convey the idea, but perhaps this is really good stuff, based on the whole no-nonse philosophy. Has anybody been able to compare Zowie mice to Steelseries, Razer, Logitech, other gaming mice?

What about the button switches?

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Re: Zowie... are they really so superior mice or is it hype?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 14:14:53 »
Well button switches don't really matter for gamers that are focused on competitive gaming. The only thing that is essential for a mouse to have is no acceleration and have an ambidextrous look and although there's been other brands to release ambidextrous mouses none of them have had completely zero acceleration. Currently there are only 2 mouses that have the same sensor if I can recall and that would be the Puretrak Valor and the Zowie Am.

Bottom line: If you play PC games seriously then it makes them superior
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 16:18:51 »
From what I understand most sensors have at least a minimal degree of accel/neg accel in the hardware and most mice have an option, at least in the driver, to turn accel off in the software. And Zowie mice would be limited by their respective sensors anyway, so basically they shouldn't be different from other mice using that same sensor when it comes to accel? Or did Zowie do some research and tweak the sensor to kill accel better than the competition?

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 18:32:19 »
Well they do have spawn so they probably got all the information from him about what things a mouse should have, along with Benq and their 120hz monitor.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline tweet0

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 02:11:04 »
I had a Zowie Mico and returned it after five days. The scroll wheel began to squeak and feel just... awful? I don't know how to describe it but it felt awful and when I say squeaked it SQUEAKED. The switches felt nice and the shape was pretty awesome but the built quality is terrible. I have not tried any other Zowie mouse but I do not recommend the mico unless you can for sure get a new version that won't break after 5 days.
Follow me at twitch.tv/tweeto

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 11:50:54 »
Yea the mico isin't exactly their money maker lol.
Peripherals: