« on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 18:51:49 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:16:15 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: hello.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 18:54:22 »
Hey there! Welcome to GeekHack!

Seems like you've already drunk the Kool-Aid and accepted Topre into your life. Nicely done.  :))

What sort of group buys and/or artisans are you looking for?

Offline goodforwhatailsyou

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:17:34 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:16:27 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:19:16 »
Hey there! Welcome to GeekHack!

Seems like you've already drunk the Kool-Aid and accepted Topre into your life. Nicely done.  :))

What sort of group buys and/or artisans are you looking for?

Yessir, mainly interesting keysets right now, GMKs, etc.  I'm in for Ivan's PBT Dark.  But I'd need an MX board again, so maybe a custom build in the future?

I got in for a few reaper classics, pretty happy about that.  Would love to get a reaper v1 eventually.  My account register date leaves me out of this Clackvent unfortunately, but it's cool to see how it goes down.  HWS/Binge's work is stellar.  Entered for a toper Kosmonavt as well.  All kinds of stuff going on.

Yeah, this has been a busy couple of months all around. You could always get Topre-MX sliders for your boards and not have to get an MX keyboard. Though I hear custom builds are really nice, and lots of fun.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:36:36 »
Hi welcome  :) I believe this is the link to the topre sliders for use with cherry mx caps

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:37:45 »
Hi welcome  :) I believe this is the link to the topre sliders for use with cherry mx caps

Reasonably for a single key maybe, but a bit impractical for an entire keyboard ;)

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:45:31 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:16:44 by goodforwhatailsyou »

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:46:56 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:16:51 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 22:10:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice couple of keyboards :)  If the white FC660C had been available a couple of years ago I probably would have ended up with one of those instead of my HHKB.

Did you buy the black keycap set for your white HHKB?  Or did you buy it as it is depicted?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 12:33:45 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:21:42 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 13:07:26 »
I thought I should mention some users take Nova Touch sliders to mod their keyboards to be fully Cherry MX compatible. Way cheaper than $6 per key (but only TKL and smaller obviously)  ;)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 13:08:32 »
Welcome! Good choice of boards, and music (flylo so good)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 13:10:23 »
Figured I'd do one of these, just to say hi. 

I'm from Northern Kentucky, I can walk to Cincinnati, OH from my current apartment.

Started off with MX Reds -> MX Clears; now onto topre.  Currently using a HHKB Pro 2 and FC660C.

Mainly here to hang out and check out groupbuys/artisans.

Show Image

awesome you're a topre brother

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 13:20:21 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:16:59 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 00:16:15 »
Nice, already have the lil pixel boards down there :)

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 03:31:44 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice couple of keyboards :)  If the white FC660C had been available a couple of years ago I probably would have ended up with one of those instead of my HHKB.

Did you buy the black keycap set for your white HHKB?  Or did you buy it as it is depicted?

Hey, thanks.  I might move on from FC660C already, just like the HHKB more.  I bought the black keycaps separate and sold the white ones.  Already looking to get some white printed ones back though haha.

Quite a few people have FC660C and love it.  But many of those who have an HHKB too say they prefer the HHKB.

Btw Elite Keyboards has white printed HHKB keycaps in stock: http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=pdkb400ktw
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ