Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2692781 times)

Offline Skuloth

Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #6450 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 13:28:12 »
Thanks for doing the give aways guys. I would love to enter, but I'm an MX user :'(
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6451 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:06:34 »
btctopre already basically GAVE away pink esc and fn to me for my wife's bday. Now he is doing this. Top-notch guy.

And don't get me started with sed8. Too sweet.

I don't want/need to be in the giveaway, but I urge some of you new guys to take advantage of this and get some cool caps and make some new friends. :D
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Muffin860

« Reply #6452 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:10:18 »
I'm mx user, and only have been looking for the past two sales. GL to whoever wants it!
IBM Model M

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6453 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:13:58 »
Good guy btctopre once again!  :-*

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6454 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:48:02 »
I guess newbies don't do Topre?  Very generous of you both, surely someone will want them!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6455 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:58:58 »
There's a lot of love in here
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6456 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:04:43 »
Class acts right there. Bravo.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #6457 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:23:28 »
My 4/20 bros still haven't arrived.... I'm worried now.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6458 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 10:13:20 »
what happened to all the people that are like 0/500 on raffles? i was expecting to have the cap given away within a few hours yesterday, but now it's been a whole day :(

i may open it up to internationals, it's just shipping will be the crappy first class mail (sorry not paying $23 or w/e for priority) and it might take a little longer to ship out since i guess you have to actually hand international mail to a mail person(?).

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6459 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 10:20:06 »
Well, I'm 0/all with raffles, but I have a small handful of Bros from e-mail sales, site sales, and generous people who have offered them to me at cost.  As such, I don't qualify for your giveaway.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6460 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 10:47:17 »
what happened to all the people that are like 0/500 on raffles? i was expecting to have the cap given away within a few hours yesterday, but now it's been a whole day :(

i may open it up to internationals, it's just shipping will be the crappy first class mail (sorry not paying $23 or w/e for priority) and it might take a little longer to ship out since i guess you have to actually hand international mail to a mail person(?).

I'm eligible now that I bought a HHKB a few days ago except for that I'm in Australia.

I'd be more than willing to cover shipping for such nice keycaps, but I've only been entering raffles since the start of this year, so I feel there would be someone much more deserving of a bro than I would. I would just imagine that this thread doesn't get much attention outside of raffle/event times so the two giveaway posts haven't been seen much.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6461 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 11:30:58 »
As I said earlier i have been planning on doing one with a couple of different prizes I just have been working a lot so haven't really had the time to come with a good premise for one. I guess an optimal time to do this would be right after a sale so that there's a lot of people needing therapy and bummed out....I guess that's what my plan is going to be. Although my offer here is still valid so if anyone perchance sees this and decides to post the requirements I will honor it.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6462 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:13:14 »

I can cover international shipping costs if you'd like.  First-class is reliable (I've never needed priority, but maybe that's just me) and only costs $15 or less, which as I said I can cover.   :thumb:   Let me know.

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #6463 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:33:51 »
Topre powderpuff purple Esc
Edit: mods or anyone thinks this should be moved just let me know..,I just got caught up in the spirit  :))

I have one of these and can say it is a real beauty in person

Suggest someone jumps on this
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6464 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 16:45:21 »
I can cover international shipping costs if you'd like.  First-class is reliable (I've never needed priority, but maybe that's just me) and only costs $15 or less, which as I said I can cover.   :thumb:   Let me know.
Naw, thank you for the offer but there's no need since I think in most cases it'll fall into the <$7 postage bracket. I just have an issue right now where I don't have a lot of time, so physically getting down to the PO to hand off an international package is dicey (but Saturdays are okay :thumb:), and then I have very limited experience shipping internationally (actually did a "test" ship last month where I sent epzy something just to go through the process) so makes me a little uncomfortable.

I'll open up my giveaway to internationals now though (so if you're interested nmur, just post the pics :P), just know it may take a few days to ship and then delivery will probably be 3-4 weeks via First Class mail.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #6465 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:19:03 »
Hey

It's bootleg flash MFGT for those of you that need therapy the most!

What's being given away:
My first Bro, Topre Nosferatu
Show Image

Rules (tl;dr Bro-less Topre user):
  • must have participated in at least three CtrlAlt raffles, without winning any of them (screenshot proof of the Bros table on this page required)
  • must not own any Bro at all
  • must own a Topre keyboard (current date/GH name proof pic required)
  • must have a shipping address in CONUS (apologies international/HI/AK bros)
  • must intend to actually use the cap for more than a day
  • don't pm me
  • cap is free, priority shipping is covered by me and the Bro will be shipped out same/next business day (i have now opened up the giveaway to international Bros, it may take me a couple days to ship for you and it will be shipped USPS first class w/ tracking) :thumb:
i think that's it. i don't care about age of your account/number of posts, the ctrlalt requirement proves to me that you've been interested in bros for at least three months (or two, if you tried to donate for the beat down) and that's what matters most.

first person to post the two required proof pics here wins the cap (none of that "reserve post" nonsense either where you post first and then edit in the pics after), i'll edit this post once there's a winner. and this is mostly honor system stuff since i'm not affiliated with ctrlalt/bro in any way, so please just respect the rules.

now hopefully someone enters so i don't feel bad about pooping up the therapy thread :'(
...Is this real?

While i am currently trying to sell the realforce in the picture, my plan was to buy a hhkb as soon as it sold (i even have it in my wtb section of my classifieds post!) and i don't know if that disqualifies me, but i really want this :) And thanks for the chance at letting people get this! It's really cool of you :D
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6466 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:20:59 »
...Is this real?

I think you just won.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #6467 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:25:24 »
...Is this real?

I think you just won.
I AM ACTUALLY GETTING MY FIRST BRO CAP HOLY ****
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6468 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:32:12 »
They pretty much shine out of the box :)

I'm sure you all work in front of a shiny led monitor so this is a very important thing to consider, when the led's shine onto the keycaps, the keycaps glare, and depending on the colorscheme, the alphas blend into the keycaps

This was especially an issue for me with the Hack'd by Geeks set, the set looked great after assembly, yet in front of the computer, it was unusable for me, I returned back to DSA Dolch's
Comparatively, they also shine a bit, but that shine is non-glare, and the white alphas survive it well

So my suggestion is, If you're going to get a shiny SA keycap set, select one with a good contrast :)
The Filco one is black and white as far as I remember, that should be a usable set

I showed the Hack'd by Geeks set to my brother, he really liked the set, and the glare didn't bother him, he chose the set over DSA's I showed him, so it's a matter of opinion too

----

As far as the usage shines go, I think shiny SA's should be safe, since they are all shiny, the usage shine should be camouflaged for the most part, this is a speculation tho :)

...Is this real?

I think you just won.
congrats Rotaku!

There's still a purple Topre escape from the Easter sale !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #6469 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:35:35 »
Btctopre's a real cool guy.

Looks like we have a great winner for it too ;D Congrats!

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #6470 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:36:23 »
They pretty much shine out of the box :)

I'm sure you all work in front of a shiny led monitor so this is a very important thing to consider, when the led's shine onto the keycaps, the keycaps glare, and depending on the colorscheme, the alphas blend into the keycaps

This was especially an issue for me with the Hack'd by Geeks set, the set looked great after assembly, yet in front of the computer, it was unusable for me, I returned back to DSA Dolch's
Comparatively, they also shine a bit, but that shine is non-glare, and the white alphas survive it well

So my suggestion is, If you're going to get a shiny SA keycap set, select one with a good contrast :)
The Filco one is black and white as far as I remember, that should be a usable set

I showed the Hack'd by Geeks set to my brother, he really liked the set, and the glare didn't bother him, he chose the set over DSA's I showed him, so it's a matter of opinion too

----

As far as the usage shines go, I think shiny SA's should be safe, since they are all shiny, the usage shine should be camouflaged for the most part, this is a speculation tho :)

...Is this real?

I think you just won.
congrats Rotaku!

There's still a purple Topre escape from the Easter sale !
edit: replied to wrong post  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:40:14 by Rotaku »

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6471 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:36:40 »
I think you just won.
Me too! Let's see...
  • Posted pic showing 0/3 on Raffles
  • Quick skim of posts show he doesn't appear to own any Bros (even passing on Topre giveaways when he didn't own a Topre board!)
  • Posted datestamped pic showing owns a Realforce board (though selling)
  • CONUSSSSSSSSSSS (thankfully)
  • Hopefully intends to use the cap on the HHKB he has listed as WTB days before giveaway started  ;D
  • didn't PM me

That meets all of my requirements from what I can see!

So congrats Rotaku! Please just PM me your shipping address and I'll get your Nosferatu shipped out tomorrow :) Hopefully you'll have your first Bro by Saturday.

The giveaway will now move on to Se8's Powder Puff Purple Esc, which is a very fine cap to have the opportunity to win.

And for you other Bro-less bros out there, do not give up hope. Just maintain patience and in due time there is no doubt that you all will get your hands on one of these fine pieces of artistry  :thumb:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6472 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:54:57 »
Congrats Rotaku :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #6473 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:05:35 »

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6474 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:13:15 »
Congrats Rotaku, Btc is a great guy for all these giveaways...  :thumb:

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #6475 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:25:45 »
Missed it!  Congrats!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #6476 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:31:07 »
Nice one btc and congrats Rotaku!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6477 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:38:00 »
Congrats Rotaku, and thanks btc for that giveaway!  :)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6478 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:43:18 »
Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

Rules (tl;dr American Bro-less Topre user):
  • must have participated in at least three CtrlAlt raffles, without winning any of them (screenshot proof of the Bros table on this page required)
  • must own a Topre keyboard (May 19 datestamped/GH name proof pic required)
  • don't pm me
  • cap is free, priority shipping is covered by me and the Bro will be shipped out today (assuming a winner pops up before 3pm Texan time) :thumb:
i think that's it. i don't care about age of your account/number of posts, the ctrlalt requirement proves to me that you've been interested in bros for at least three months (or two, if you tried to donate for the beat down) and that's what matters most.

first person to post the two required proof pics here wins the cap (none of that "reserve post" nonsense either where you post first and then edit in the pics after), i'll edit this post once there's a winner. and this is mostly honor system stuff since i'm not affiliated with ctrlalt/bro in any way, so please just respect the rules.

now hopefully someone enters so i don't feel bad about pooping up the therapy thread :'(
hey BCTopre ill throw down a Bro powder puff escape for this been meaning to do a give away. I've been shown alot of love here ill throw up a pic in a sec . Same requirements second person to throw up a post .....ill cover shipping. Also thanks to BCTopre that's nice of you!

I want to enter so bad but I currently only am 0/2 in Bro Cap sales. I've been interested in brocaps for a while, but i never knew about how to enter the raffles until the most recent ones. Just asking if this is okay, even though it clearly states 0/3 in raffles.
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6479 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:09:00 »
Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me
  • cap is free, priority shipping is covered by me and the Bro will be shipped out today (assuming a winner pops up before 3pm Texan time) :thumb:

hey BCTopre ill throw down a Bro powder puff escape for this been meaning to do a give away. I've been shown alot of love here ill throw up a pic in a sec . Same requirements second person to throw up a post .....ill cover shipping. Also thanks to BCTopre that's nice of you!

I want to enter so bad but I currently only am 0/2 in Bro Cap sales. I've been interested in brocaps for a while, but i never knew about how to enter the raffles until the most recent ones. Just asking if this is okay, even though it clearly states 0/3 in raffles.
this is fine with me 8) just please link a pic with user name and Topre board and its yours aznair

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6480 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:14:23 »
Okay I shall post proof when I get back tonight!

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6481 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:51:17 »
Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me

this is fine with me 8) just please link a pic with user name and Topre board and its yours aznair

Is this all that is required?

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #6482 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 03:04:14 »

HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6483 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 03:11:29 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I thought this was therapy lol

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6484 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 03:42:32 »

I thought this was therapy lol
He takes pleasure in others sadness by rubbing it in.

Kind of like those kids who kick sand in other peoples eyes.  :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6485 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 04:58:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

god I love those F&J caps everything looks stellar man congrats!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6486 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 05:04:43 »
Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me

Show Image

Show Image

Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me

Show Image

Show Image

hey congrats aznair everything looks good! Please send me your info and i should be able to get it out before the weekend! Glad I could help!!!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6487 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 05:30:26 »
hey congrats aznair everything looks good! Please send me your info and i should be able to get it out before the weekend! Glad I could help!!!

Grats, aznair!

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #6488 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 05:44:23 »
Grats guys! That's awsome of y'all, Sed, bct! :D

Evil anti-therapy nukec. ;)

Gods I'm still so panicked about that sexy sexy blue glitter v2 I don't even know what I'm going to do when I invariably don't get it with my horrible luck. ;~;
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6489 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:03:58 »
Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me

Show Image

Show Image

Hey

What's being given away:
Show Image

• don't pm me

Show Image

Show Image

Grats, aznair!

Thank you guys so much! So excited for my first Bro Cap.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6490 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:59:50 »
Your very welcome . It still surprises me that GH (@ least on reddit) has a reputation as not welcoming to new comers when my experience has been quite the contrary. People have helped me with questions walked me through desoldering my first board to mod the switches,giveaways,recommendations the list goes on. I'm proud to be a GH'er and hope I can pay forward the experience that I have had here! So thank you Aznair  :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6491 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:45:54 »
Stars = Glitter = More Unicorns  ;)
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6492 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:46:34 »

:O

Side note: Does BroCaps like Gabriel Iglesias because i've got some tickets someone should buy off me for tonight in Las Vegas haha

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6493 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:53:40 »
Stars = Glitter = More Unicorns  ;)
so true!!
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #6494 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:53:47 »
Show Image

Side note: Does BroCaps like Gabriel Iglesias because i've got some tickets someone should buy off me for tonight in Las Vegas haha

Hype! Also, might as well check in for therapy.
RETIRED

Offline rawkus

« Reply #6495 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:55:09 »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #6496 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 18:59:19 »
omg. I have to win in this one. I has to..... yeee

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6497 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 19:01:55 »
Belated Star Wars theme caps??! That would be super interesting! Hype!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6498 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 19:03:50 »
Belated Star Wars theme caps??! That would be super interesting! Hype!

Thx man, now I can't go to work having that in mind  :confused: :confused: :confused:
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6499 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 19:04:07 »

Show Image

Awesome!

Stars->
Cosmos->
God->
AKA "Someone you should listen to"->
Synonym for "heed"->
Heedpantsnow->
Heedpantsnow's Bro's will be as numerous as the stars

I'm so excited!!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825