Author Topic: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - GB Thread UP!  (Read 98761 times)

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - Updated kits - Asia and Canada Proxies!
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:55:31 »
Man this set is beautiful. It has purple so I approve.
2021 GB? :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if number stacks up why not?
I am working on some more perks!

What do you guys think?

Thank you for all you advices anyway  :cool:

thank you for adding the second 2u space! just to be sure those 2u spaces are all convex ones, right?

for me this is the best set of 2020 so i’m gonna definitely buy it.

Sure, convex 2u spaces. I think having a "complete" 40s is better even if more expensive.

Thank you for your support 
Jajajaja I need this set. Just keep it for 2021 and I’ll have a job and get a couple. :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 21:01:24 »
insta cop.. this will be legendary.. LOVE IT
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline raz

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:17:58 »
First of all, thanks for the love guys  :-*

Based on the suggestions here i reworked the 40s and the spacebar kit:

40 per 100
- dropped support for 1.75u spacebars;
- added preonic and planck magenta esc and magenta enter - Thanks to gex to address this on Discord!;

Linee
- dropped support for 1.75u indacus spacebar;

Here are the kits, going to update the OP soon

EDIT:

I need numbers on the IC Form! Let me know if you have any suggestions or what you would buy or not!

I've updated the IC with a question about the dark numrow in the base, alternativo or extra kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:21:07 by raz »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 07:29:27 »
You may want to include a 1.25u space key as well. It's commonly used when splitting space (e.g. 6.25u → 2.75u+1.25u+2.25u), in Alice layouts etc.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:15:05 »
First of all, thanks for the love guys  :-*

Based on the suggestions here i reworked the 40s and the spacebar kit:

40 per 100
- dropped support for 1.75u spacebars;
- added preonic and planck magenta esc and magenta enter - Thanks to gex to address this on Discord!;

Linee
- dropped support for 1.75u indacus spacebar;

Here are the kits, going to update the OP soon
Show Image

Show Image

EDIT:

I need numbers on the IC Form! Let me know if you have any suggestions or what you would buy or not!

I've updated the IC with a question about the dark numrow in the base, alternativo or extra kit.

Despite the fact that R4 enter and R3 esc are the “default” layout options for Planck and preonic, it is not the popular placement for those keys. Most Planck and preonic users (that I know anyway) still use esc on R2 and enter on R3.

In my opinion, you should drop the magenta accent keys altogether. This is a worthwhile change to keep prices reasonable for the 40% community.

Edit:
The other thing to bear in mind is that folks who do purchase the 40% kit may not have Planck or preonic in mind. Meaning there is even less reason to include accented keys for the default layout for two specific keyboards.

For example, those accented keys won’t work with a prime_e or a minivan.

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:18:05 by DrHigsby »

Offline raz

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 14:25:12 »
You may want to include a 1.25u space key as well. It's commonly used when splitting space (e.g. 6.25u → 2.75u+1.25u+2.25u), in Alice layouts etc.

Gotcha

Despite the fact that R4 enter and R3 esc are the “default” layout options for Planck and preonic, it is not the popular placement for those keys. Most Planck and preonic users (that I know anyway) still use esc on R2 and enter on R3.

In my opinion, you should drop the magenta accent keys altogether. This is a worthwhile change to keep prices reasonable for the 40% community.

Edit:
The other thing to bear in mind is that folks who do purchase the 40% kit may not have Planck or preonic in mind. Meaning there is even less reason to include accented keys for the default layout for two specific keyboards.

I know but i can't give support to specific layouts for specific keyboards so having only two accent keys for the most popular ortho keebs out there it's kinda fair i guess! For all the others, there are the indacus keys :)

The minivan can work with the ESC accent, am i wrong?

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 16:29:38 »

Gotcha

Edit:

I know but i can't give support to specific layouts for specific keyboards so having only two accent keys for the most popular ortho keebs out there it's kinda fair i guess! For all the others, there are the indacus keys :)

The minivan can work with the ESC accent, am i wrong?

That’s the exact point I am making.

It does not make sense to include magenta accents for basically just Planck users, so you should remove magenta accents altogether to make this kit as cheap as possible.

The minivan uses a R2 esc (not R3).

Offline vocal118

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 02:58:22 »
ZF,please,zf is cheaper and faster

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 08:57:36 »
I love the colours! The keycaps themselves don't really work for me, but I'll grab one of the dark deskmats for sure :D

Offline raz

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 15:03:42 »

It does not make sense to include magenta accents for basically just Planck users, so you should remove magenta accents altogether to make this kit as cheap as possible.

The minivan uses a R2 esc (not R3).

Leaving out the two 1.75u spaces and putting in two magenta keys is a good balance i guess. I can add another r2 ESC magenta key too, it shouldn't be that expensive!

Anyway, i am going to update the spacebar kit with 1.25 space in the next few days

ZF,please,zf is cheaper and faster

Did you have any problems with iLumkb?

I love the colours! The keycaps themselves don't really work for me, but I'll grab one of the dark deskmats for sure :D

Thank you  :-*
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 05:00:01 by raz »

Offline shouwman

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 12:45:10 »
Love the keyset. I would definitely buy

Offline villagepillage

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 05:17:47 »
Personally, I love it.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:33:52 »
Wow some of these comments are ruthless...

Personally not my style (lots of contrasting colors) for caps, but I love the mats and shirts etc. I'll probably be in on the extras.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline eibbun

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 00:59:11 »
i really like the novelties and the mats

Offline LostTheirEyes

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 11:15:08 »
This set looks seriously good, that desk mat is an instant buy from me !

Offline Ashen_21

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 16:52:33 »
This set is so gorgeous, I am so keen for it to start GB!

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 12:43:34 »
Deskmats and T-Shirts are dope!

Offline raz

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 04:59:31 »
Hello guys! A bit of an update! I am working on the set (slowly) checking out the numbers on the form.
It seems like people want the "dark" row on the base and not on the Alternativo kit. This will make the base kit more expensive but it's what the majority of you ask, so i'll work it out somehow.

Another update is that i finalized the mousepad designs and i am in contact with the manufacturer. I will maybe run the mousepads before the set: what do you guys think about it?

I am going to update when i have estimated prices and proxies, then i'll show you protos (i want the colors to be accurate).

I am going to drop here my latest renders as a gift:

Offline stein3

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - Updates
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 10:13:15 »
Purple and green set when?

Offline raz

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 10:59:06 »

There's GMK Mecha-01 live right now :)

The one you see in the render is just a concept for these images!

Offline Kreath

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 12:39:41 »
I'd love to see a render of this keycap set on top of the NK65 Entry Edition (Purple)

Offline stein3

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 15:45:06 »

There's GMK Mecha-01 live right now :)

The one you see in the render is just a concept for these images!
I like your concept better :). Plus, Mecha-01 doesn't have latin-only alphas for me :(.

Offline parablol

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:45:32 »
Figure E Forme + Alternativo + 40 Per 100
= a nice Planck

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 02:18:21 »
In for the deskmats

Offline allBAYlong

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 16:25:55 »
Ahh the criticism a designer has to endure.... beautiful set @Raz. Great inspiration point, soft color selection. I’m in. Would look great on a RAMA KARA. Think I might.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:38:06 »
that green set looks dope af

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 13:46:05 »
Really love the colorway, not a huge fan of the monochromatic alphas and mods; would be hard to pass on a base kit with the Alternativo alphas in it, but my opinion.

Regardless, I'm in for a deskmat or 2!

Offline Convergence

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 09:00:48 »
I think if you're considering an extra kit for a dark number row, it might be worth rearranging kits so that the base kit has the dark number row and the Alternativo kit has a purple number row and potentially purple modifiers. However, this would of course take away the beautiful colour contrast in the base kit. Purple modifiers are something I'd be interested in, in any form.

Offline raz

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 05:49:28 »
Ahh the criticism a designer has to endure.... beautiful set @Raz. Great inspiration point, soft color selection. I’m in. Would look great on a RAMA KARA. Think I might.

Thank you so much man! I am going to try to post a purplish translucent keeb render with a HHKB layout soon, but i don't have the Kara model :D

Really love the colorway, not a huge fan of the monochromatic alphas and mods; would be hard to pass on a base kit with the Alternativo alphas in it, but my opinion.

Regardless, I'm in for a deskmat or 2!

I am thinking about reworking the kits to make sure they reach moqs eventually :D
I already have a manufacturer for the mousepads, i am just waiting for the right moment!

I think if you're considering an extra kit for a dark number row, it might be worth rearranging kits so that the base kit has the dark number row and the Alternativo kit has a purple number row and potentially purple modifiers. However, this would of course take away the beautiful colour contrast in the base kit. Purple modifiers are something I'd be interested in, in any form.

As i told before, i am thinking about reworking the kits to make the "smarter" and maybe less expensive. Every feedback is appreciated so thank you for your point of view!
Purple modifiers are a bit difficult to place in, i need to be sure every kit can reach the moq!

I'd love to see a render of this keycap set on top of the NK65 Entry Edition (Purple)

Maybe not the NK65 (i don't have the models and it need time to remodel the keeb with the moulds in it) but i can try with something purplish and translucent  :thumb:

Offline raz

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:38:19 »

Here you go

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 01:58:09 »
Delicious. Waiting for the US proxy. Do we have a timeline on the release dates?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline raz

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 07:39:09 »
Delicious. Waiting for the US proxy. Do we have a timeline on the release dates?

Thanks man! Not yet! I am getting some time to fix the kits and I have to remake the legends (not centered cause I don't really like them like this!). I am a bit slowed down by the summer season :)

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 08:50:24 »
please leave centered legends. I mean it's ok if they're normal ones but centered are better looking imho. Anyway awesome set and design  :thumb:

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 01:57:11 »

Thanks man! Not yet! I am getting some time to fix the kits and I have to remake the legends (not centered cause I don't really like them like this!). I am a bit slowed down by the summer season :)
No worries. I will wait for this to put on the alpine65 pc that I hopefully get lol

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Offline maneens

The white Add-on kit looks cool and gives the set a different look.

Thank you! A lot of people asked for this in the IC Form and after a bit of looking at the set with white alpha, i liked it actually :)

The second more requested "feature" is a dark number row. I could add it to the base kit but it would be really big with all that keys.
What do you guys say?

This is a render of it:

Show Image

I updated the IC Form so if you guys want this kit in the base or as an extra just let me know!

Yes. Love the dark number row! Honestly, I prefer the same color number row for the white alphas as well. If that's a possibility? Either way, awesome set. Most likely in for both the black and white alphas.

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 20:15:18 »
I love this project!

Offline westway

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 03:21:19 »
What's your choice between OG top left aligned icon mods and centered aligned icon mods? In the first renders they seem centered, while in the last ones they are OG.

Bella l'idea delle magliette e stupendi i tappetini comunque. Mi fa piacere vedere qualche collega italiano in giro da queste parti  :thumb:

Offline raz

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 03:50:06 »
What's your choice between OG top left aligned icon mods and centered aligned icon mods? In the first renders they seem centered, while in the last ones they are OG.

Bella l'idea delle magliette e stupendi i tappetini comunque. Mi fa piacere vedere qualche collega italiano in giro da queste parti  :thumb:

Actually i am liking the left aligned more (i think it's more consistent), You're right i ditched the centered icons in the latest renders but it's not definitive. I'll post a comparative between the two icons later!

Grazie mille per i complimenti! Fa un salto su Discord che siamo in tanti e molto attivi - prediligiamo Telegram però!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 03:49:34 »
Beautiful keycaps, good luck!

Offline lorphex

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:11:50 »
Will the dark R2 in the addon kit include 1u pipe key and delete for split backspace?

Offline raz

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 06:34:57 »
Will the dark R2 in the addon kit include 1u pipe key and delete for split backspace?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes! i am still in the process of reworking a bit the set. I will post updates for sure. I am a bit more active on Discord (posting renders and stuff) if you want real time updates :)

Offline Cloods

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 03:06:02 »
novelties are lovely

Offline Synergist

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 06:13:03 »
I'm definitely buying this.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:06:27 »
Can not wait.

Offline pepperskog

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:19:03 »

Sorry for the late reply, but yes! i am still in the process of reworking a bit the set. I will post updates for sure. I am a bit more active on Discord (posting renders and stuff) if you want real time updates :)

Discord link comes up as invalid?

Offline anticlockwise5

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:45:31 »
Would really like to buy this, but can you consider having a base kit for the alternativo white? I really want the white alphas with dark mods but don't want to spend an extra 100+ on the base and alternativo, would also get the novelties tok

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Offline raz

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 01:56:44 »

you're right, here you go: https://discord.gg/MrdRDzy

Would really like to buy this, but can you consider having a base kit for the alternativo white? I really want the white alphas with dark mods but don't want to spend an extra 100+ on the base and alternativo, would also get the novelties tok

sorry man we can't have two base kit :( 

Offline anticlockwise5

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 01:59:05 »

you're right, here you go: https://discord.gg/MrdRDzy

sorry man we can't have two base kit :(
OK... Worth asking, I'll buy the base anyways, nice set! Love the black and purple combo

Offline FancyFootwork

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 17:35:23 »
Commenting so I can keep track of this. Definitely looking forward to the base, light alphas and the dark num row. ;)

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 07:15:50 »
Do we already know more about the expected date for the GB to launch?