Author Topic: [IC] Girldc's keycaps - Show your support!  (Read 194873 times)

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
[IC] Girldc's keycaps - Show your support!
« on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:52:28 »
Background Story:
More
A former member, Druger(aka Jackass), part of the ex-vendor REDLINE has scammed hundreds of members on geekhack and other foreign keyboard communities. The scam was a groupbuy for several different exotic keycap sets, individual losses ranging from anywhere between $100 to $5000, totaling an estimate of $70,000+(I would like to express my sincerest sympathy to those effected by this). That Jackass has received payments from the buyers and went MIA after dragging along a long process of claiming to "obtain and sort" the keycap sets. Subsequently, two renowned artists, LifeZone and Girldc, associated with the vendor REDLINE has been prohibited to spread their gift on one of the biggest keyboard community, geekhack. LifeZone, creator of LZ custom keyboards, and Girldc, a custom keycap artist, has lost their reputation due to this event. Each members of REDLINE conducted their own groupbuys, payments and shipping. Since the incident we lost two passionate artists due to "guilt by association"...
(This is from a third party perspective, there may be details not included but this is the brief summary)

Hi,

Im a relatively new member here on geekhack who joined after lurking for a while, hoping to start a collection of artisan keycaps. It was Girldc's ironman that lured me into this world of custom keycaps. However, after joining I soon found out Girldc was prohibited to conduct any groupbuys/commercial sales on geekhack.

Fortunately, I got in touch with Girldc outside geekhack and he was kind enough to let me in on groupbuys conducted on other foreign communities. Since we were both in the same country I was able to deal with him directly. When I asked him what happened on geekhack, he directed me to threads referring to the events of REDLINE, along with answering every questions I had about it. From a third party prospective, this was unfair. It was Girldc's sincerity that convinced me his passion for his artwork was beyond fame and profit.

(Picture from "Post your girldc caps!" by girldc)

Besides tarnishing Girldc's reputation, the REDLINE incident has greatly limited his passion for this niche genre. Im here to ask for your support to lift Girldc's prohibition on geekhack so he can spread his work to everyone here. Due to the language barrier, something that restricts emotions or lead to misunderstandings, I am willing to translate for Girldc and the geekhack community.

I have messaged two different moderators here about the situation and received no response, so please help and speak up. Whether you had the chance to deal with Girldc yourself or if you are interested in his work, now is the chance. If this works out, I am going to ask Girldc for a small project with a low cost and a small MOQ. All in hopes to restore his reputation and reinstate his position as an artisan keycap maker. This is only an interest check and nothing is set in stone, but Girldc still shows interest to continue his work on geekhack and we can help.
This is the start.

Link to Girldc's work:
More

Their current status:
More
Folks,

Due to recent revelations, we have finished our deliberations and decided that the following actions need to be taken, effective immediately.

• DrugER is permanently banned from Geekhack.org,
  • LifeZ and girldc are no longer allowed to conduct commercial business on Geekhack.org until further notice.
  • we will archive this vendor subforum in 48 hours. this thread will be moved to announcements. the remainder of the subforum will be archived.

Our hearts go out to those in the community. As the coach of the beleaguered LA Clippers said recently, we hope these actions allow the healing process to begin.

Korean translation follows:

Folks,
여러분,

Due to recent revelations, we have finished our deliberations and decided that the following actions need to be taken, effective immediately.
최근의 폭로로 인해, 운영진은 심사숙고 끝에 다음의 액션을 즉시 시행하기로 결정하였습니다.

• DrugER is permanently banned from Geekhack.org,
  • DrugER는 긱핵.org에서 영구적으로 추방한다.
  • LifeZ and girldc are no longer allowed to conduct commercial business on Geekhack.org until further notice.
  • LifeZ와 girldc는 긱핵.org에서 추가 공지가 있을시까지 상업적 활동을 금지한다.

"If you are violate this directive, and are found to be doing business on geekhack, you will be subject to punitive action including but not limited to permanently being banned from geekhack"
만약 이 지시를 위반하고 긱핵에서 사업적 활동을 하게 된다면, 영구적인 추방을 포함한 징계가 따를 것이다.

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial business plan, merely an interest check for the possibility seeking for support. If this works out I will not be the middleman just a translator, all transactions will be handled directly by the artist, unless otherwise requested.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: [IC] Girldc's keycaps - Show your support!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:54:49 »
I thought girldc was allowed to sell caps here after further review.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:02:31 »

I thought I read this too, but I don't think people relayed that info to GirlDC. I remember reading some of GirlDC's posts and his grasp of english isn't that great.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline bowji

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:03:04 »

Can I get a link please? I couldnt find anything on the announcements board, nor could I find it in the search engine.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:20:28 »
My work internet is acting up and I can't find it. It took me about ten minutes to post this :(.

Try searching through Google instead of the Geekhack search engine. I never use the one built in because I don't think it's as good. You can use

Code: [Select]
site:geekhack.org

In a google search. That's what I use to search for things here.

Offline bowji

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:26:19 »
My work internet is acting up and I can't find it. It took me about ten minutes to post this :(.

Try searching through Google instead of the Geekhack search engine. I never use the one built in because I don't think it's as good. You can use

Code: [Select]
site:geekhack.org

In a google search. That's what I use to search for things here.

Thanks Ill try that out  :thumb:

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:37:12 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57897.msg1343821#msg1343821

Here's one of the threads, it may be useful.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline bowji

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 09:46:38 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57897.msg1343821#msg1343821

Here's one of the threads, it may be useful.

Thanks, I read through the whole thread before posting this IC, even links within. I couldnt find a conclusive statement about LZ and Girldc's status on geekhack other than the one on page 2 from mkawa. I hope a moderator can shed some light to confirm their status up to date...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 10:08:26 »
I support this completely. It's not fair these two great creatives should be stopped from sharing & selling their work here, just because of the actions of their associate. They've done countless group buys successfully and with no issues since the DSA Dolch scam.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:18:15 »
Doesn't LZ still have a mostly undelivered GB? The LZ-GH or something.  I'd love to see GirlDC back, but LZ stillis on the **** list until they deliver.  GirlDC has never had any issues of not delivering or not making thing right that I know of.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:19:02 »
Doesn't LZ still have a mostly undelivered GB? The LZ-GH or something.  I'd love to see GirlDC back, but LZ stillis on the **** list until they deliver.  GirlDC has never had any issues of not delivering or not making thing right that I know of.
That's because of alaricljs, not LZ, afaik. LZ delivered everything. Alaric then just didn't assemble people's boards/held stuff forever. Just like wfd/profosist.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:47:31 »
I purchased a few of Girldc keycaps. Does he have a mailing list or something to get notified of new stuff outside of Geekhack?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:03:56 »
That's because of alaricljs, not LZ, afaik. LZ delivered everything. Alaric then just didn't assemble people's boards/held stuff forever. Just like wfd/profosist.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:27:34 »
Man, I love the girlDC keycaps. His Stormtrooper is one of  nicest keycaps I have ever seen.

I just wish he made Topre keycaps as well.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:36:39 »
I'd love more of GirlDC's caps; I was on hiatus for a lot of what's happened so I can speak to that though.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:41:16 »
In favor of GirlDC's return in some form, he's historically always delivered and been responsive to messages.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 14:49:39 »
GDC is definitely allowed to be selling his caps on here, and I think he's even started again.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 14:59:04 »
I love my GirlDC's caps
the only one little cute ghost :p

I support GirlDC's back :cool:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 15:26:40 »
GirlDC is good in my book! Always came threw or would let us know of delays.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 15:28:49 »
Yup, never had anything but positive experiences with GirlDC.  I miss his caps. :(

Offline bowji

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 15:47:07 »

Thanks for clearing that up.

Indeed, thanks for the clarification. I havent got the chance to deal with LZ but if need be Ill try to contact him, if not ask about him.

I purchased a few of Girldc keycaps. Does he have a mailing list or something to get notified of new stuff outside of Geekhack?

He doesnt have a mailing list, but the whole purpose of this interest check is so that everyone here can access his work through geekhack without going outside of geekhack. Plus, since he caters to asian communities his work reflects that and might not be everyone's taste. IIRC his recent project is based on an oldschool Japanese manga, also big in Korea but unpopular to the Western audience. Whereas, when he was conducting his groupbuys here in geekhack he catered to the our needs, like Starwars. With the exception of cute stuff, I mean cute stuff has no cultural boundries :P
Please show your support for him to come back and hopefully the moderators will have another look into the situation. Those who delt with him knows he follows through and always deliver.  Even when he was late on a groupbuy order he added a space panda to express his apology for those waiting (extra time + cost.. who does that? serisouly?).

I'd love more of GirlDC's caps; I was on hiatus for a lot of what's happened so I can speak to that though.
In favor of GirlDC's return in some form, he's historically always delivered and been responsive to messages.
I love my GirlDC's caps
the only one little cute ghost :p

I support GirlDC's back :cool:
GirlDC is good in my book! Always came threw or would let us know of delays.
Yup, never had anything but positive experiences with GirlDC.  I miss his caps. :(

Thanks for the support guys <3
Girldc will be pleased that members here still support him and want him here. Lets make this happen and bring him back. Im sure he has tons of ideas caged in for us!

Man, I love the girlDC keycaps. His Stormtrooper is one of  nicest keycaps I have ever seen.

I just wish he made Topre keycaps as well.

If this spans out, I am planning to push the idea of topre keycaps to Girldc. Topre seems bigger here than other foreign keyboard communities, so if he can work in geekhack he should be interested to hear our opinions. Topre stormtrooper? Not to get anyones hopes up.. but I would personally really like to see a white plastic stormtrooper, since his metal works are restricted to 4 colors (theres a picture of him working on a blue plastic C3PO).

GDC is definitely allowed to be selling his caps on here, and I think he's even started again.

He is continually working on new keycaps but not for this community due to his current status (quote in OP). If there is a post that states otherwise please let me know so I can forward it to Girldc so he can conduct "commercial business" on geekhack. I just dont want to misinform him and make him face a permanent ban here. Again, if a mod can chime in just to clarify his current status thatll clear up this confusion.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:28:59 »
Old school anime caps!?!?!
Who say's we're not receptive to that?
We love that stuff here (or at least I do)!

Also +9432094 for Topre :thumb:
null

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:29:58 »
I'm not really sure of girldc's status but if he is in fact barred from selling, I'd support a petition to reinstate him.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:51:54 »
I'm not really sure of girldc's status but if he is in fact barred from selling, I'd support a petition to reinstate him.

signed.  Love my keys.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 18:12:17 »

I'm in, I don't own any of his keys but I'd love the chance to buy one. Especially if I can get a ghost.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 19:22:10 »
girldc is a bro :) supported
I love Elzy

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 19:26:35 »
I'd like to see more from him. Neat stuff.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 19:29:22 »
Just so everyone knows, this is on our radar and will be reviewed ASAP.   :thumb:

Feel free to continue expressing your support for GirlDC, I just wanted to chime in and mention that.  :)

Offline bowji

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 20:55:11 »
Old school anime caps!?!?!
Who say's we're not receptive to that?
We love that stuff here (or at least I do)!

Also +9432094 for Topre :thumb:

Not my position to reveal his upcoming projects, but I can say Topre is in his mind. We just have to show our demand for it here in geekhack and push it forward making it a priority on his list. Of course, if all goes well and he is able to supply to geekhack.  :cool:

signed.  Love my keys.
I'm in, I don't own any of his keys but I'd love the chance to buy one. Especially if I can get a ghost.
girldc is a bro :) supported
I'd like to see more from him. Neat stuff.

Thanks for the support and love <3 Hopefully girldc can stop by soon to show his gratitude.

Just so everyone knows, this is on our radar and will be reviewed ASAP.   :thumb:

Feel free to continue expressing your support for GirlDC, I just wanted to chime in and mention that.  :)

Yay! Thanks for chiming in. Hope the review goes positive  :thumb:

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:18:08 »
bowji pm-ed me earlier today because he noticed that I had voiced my support for LZ in past posts and asked me to express my support for these two exiles.

Note: I was in the redline GB for the DSA dolch and I did lose money because of that d-ouche bag druger and I sincerely hope that he one day slips and falls and breaks his coccyx because that sounds painful and he deserves it . That said, I certainly understand the temptation to hold GirlDC and LZ accountable for druger's trangressions but I can see absolutely no logic in doing so.

1. Was redline required to sign some sort of collective agreement, prior to and as a condition of GH's provision of a vendor site, that stipulates terms covering what to do in the event of an a**hole like druger? I'm not trying to be tricksy here: it's just that druger reached a new level of assholishness here and I think that we were as unprepared for it as LZ and GirlDC were. In this regard, their continued exile seems a bit excessive.

2. Never during the dolch dsa GB did I nor was I asked to pm or get approval from LZ or girldcc. this was a druger thing from the get go and the separation that seemed clear to me last year is even clearer now.

3. prior to the druger fiasco and also since then, it sounds like LZ and GirlDC have continued to act in good faith.

4. some people replied, when I first tried to defend LZ, "yeah, he did take forever to deliver the trik FW update."

so here's my basic impression of why LZ (and similarly for GirlDC) is banned from GH:
(2.): Druger happened to be an a@@hole who used LZ and GirlDc for their reputations for his own crimes associated with his GB.
(1.) LZ was loosely affiliated - certainly not  in any legally binding sense with druger (an unkown evil a@@sis hole) at the same time he was loosely affiliated with GH.
(4.): LZ also didn't update FW as quickly as he might have.

If you can accept the fact that Druger was to blame and that he actively misled LZ and GirlDC, etc then it seems that LZ is banned because he didn't update the FW fast enough and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think his banishment is excessive, reactionary and without merit. sure he could do some things better/faster... but WTF?!. Nobody's banned Sherry - they shouldn't - and he can be much less timely than LZ.

I think LZ has paid enough for druger's crimes. Invite him back!
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:23:00 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline tbc

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:55:11 »
okay...the admins/mods already know how much i hated the original girldc ban, so i'll just say this:

1.  gdc started a gb
2.  he got banned from selling here
3.  still got me more than what i paid for

i'm not sure how much anyone else could do to show good faith.  to be frank, there are people who have done less that are still priased and accepted here.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 23:02:08 »
Girldc honestly makes some of the best artisans that I have seen.
-the metal construction is sweet
-they are all interesting
-they look a lot more detailed and refined than many other artisans

I would understand if he is still salty about what went down, but I would vote to give him a second chance (although my position is kind of invalid seeing as how I have never dealt with him)
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline girldc

• Don't know about me? I am that girldc!
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 00:27:42 »
Hello, I am girldc. ;D

Thank you for sharing your opinion about me.
Even though I was prohibited opening GB, my works of keycaps is on going.
Since the last GB, 3 new keycaps was produced but i had no sales channels to display them to you.

I madly enjoy making keycaps. :-X
I love to design keyboard which i spend a lot of time with.
So whenever I make a new keycaps, almost always I use it to make myself satisfied first.
(for better works, I cannot stop trying)

When Redline accident happend, I concentrated on studying.
To make better keycaps, I studied design for about a year.
And one of the Geekhack member told me that bad story.
I wanted to find out the whole story but it was too late to get in touch with them.
(At that time, one of my close Chinese friend sent him about $ 5,000 deposit)
I tried to read about the accident on this site through the Google Translator
and did something that I could, but language is the big problem.
Still I am not sure what I wrote translated rightly.

I am the person who think 'promise' and 'trust' is most important.
That is very important things like me who cannot communicate well.
For that, I use more expensive delivery system to get the information of my product status before it reaches to the customer.
Another thing is that I send mails with photos to the customer to show the status of their products.-it is this much on going like.
Because of redline accident,  I spent a lot of time to talk to other people so my last works was awfully long delayed.
So I sent e-mails to each customers and attached another new keycaps for waiting. That is all I could do at that time in my situation.
(Again, Thank you guys who trusted me and waited for me at that time :thumb:)

I hope a lot of people enjoy my keycaps.
Now ‘keycaps’ becomes my important business.
And I start it from here, this site where is many keycap lovers and people who love my keycaps.

My keycaps is not normal toy.
It represents me as an artist.
Each one I put my soul and for that I studied a lot.
With a new start, My keycap works collaborate with an artist together
and hired overseas marketing worker.
I am ready to meet you guys now!  :-*

To me, the trust of Geekhack members support me most.
Thank you for reading my long story. ;D

Please visit my website
www.girldc.com
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 00:47:24 »
More
Hello, I am girldc. ;D

Since the last GB, 3 new keycaps was produced but i had no sales channels to display them to you.

So whenever I make a new keycaps, almost always I use it to make myself satisfied first.

I wanted to find out the whole story but it was too late to get in touch with them.

For that, I use more expensive delivery system to get the information of my product status before it reaches to the customer.
Another thing is that I send mails with photos to the customer to show the status of their products.-it is this much on going like.
Because of redline accident,  I spent a lot of time to talk to other people so my last works was awfully long delayed.
So I sent e-mails to each customers and attached another new keycaps for waiting. That is all I could do at that time in my situation.

And I start it from here, this site where is many keycap lovers and people who love my keycaps.

Please visit my website
www.girldc.com

I am truly glad to see that you have made an appearance.
The language barrier is definitely a problem, however you have good communication still.
I can understand what you say perfectly as well, even though there are some errors.
I hope to see what you come up with next!  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 00:54:53 »
More
Hello, I am girldc. ;D

Please visit my website
www.girldc.com

Great to see you're back, I can't wait until I'm able to snag one of your caps!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 00:56:07 »
I still want one of your space marine panda caps GirlDC.

Offline bowji

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 00:59:04 »
More
bowji pm-ed me earlier today because he noticed that I had voiced my support for LZ in past posts and asked me to express my support for these two exiles.

Note: I was in the redline GB for the DSA dolch and I did lose money because of that d-ouche bag druger and I sincerely hope that he one day slips and falls and breaks his coccyx because that sounds painful and he deserves it . That said, I certainly understand the temptation to hold GirlDC and LZ accountable for druger's trangressions but I can see absolutely no logic in doing so.

1. Was redline required to sign some sort of collective agreement, prior to and as a condition of GH's provision of a vendor site, that stipulates terms covering what to do in the event of an a**hole like druger? I'm not trying to be tricksy here: it's just that druger reached a new level of assholishness here and I think that we were as unprepared for it as LZ and GirlDC were. In this regard, their continued exile seems a bit excessive.

2. Never during the dolch dsa GB did I nor was I asked to pm or get approval from LZ or girldcc. this was a druger thing from the get go and the separation that seemed clear to me last year is even clearer now.

3. prior to the druger fiasco and also since then, it sounds like LZ and GirlDC have continued to act in good faith.

4. some people replied, when I first tried to defend LZ, "yeah, he did take forever to deliver the trik FW update."

so here's my basic impression of why LZ (and similarly for GirlDC) is banned from GH:
(2.): Druger happened to be an a@@hole who used LZ and GirlDc for their reputations for his own crimes associated with his GB.
(1.) LZ was loosely affiliated - certainly not  in any legally binding sense with druger (an unkown evil a@@sis hole) at the same time he was loosely affiliated with GH.
(4.): LZ also didn't update FW as quickly as he might have.

If you can accept the fact that Druger was to blame and that he actively misled LZ and GirlDC, etc then it seems that LZ is banned because he didn't update the FW fast enough and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think his banishment is excessive, reactionary and without merit. sure he could do some things better/faster... but WTF?!. Nobody's banned Sherry - they shouldn't - and he can be much less timely than LZ.

I think LZ has paid enough for druger's crimes. Invite him back!

Thank you so much for a fresh and detailed perspective from someone directly affected by the tragedy. I can only imagine the anger that was caused by that Jackass, yet you still voice out your honest feelings towards LZ. In no means is that an easy thing to do, let alone look over the fact how they were associated through REDLINE. I respect that.
Thanks for speaking up  :thumb:

okay...the admins/mods already know how much i hated the original girldc ban, so i'll just say this:

1.  gdc started a gb
2.  he got banned from selling here
3.  still got me more than what i paid for

i'm not sure how much anyone else could do to show good faith.  to be frank, there are people who have done less that are still priased and accepted here.

Im guessing you were one of the lucky few who received Girldc's space panda. The one time I wouldnt mind getting an order late... I appreciate you vouching for him.

Girldc honestly makes some of the best artisans that I have seen.
-the metal construction is sweet
-they are all interesting
-they look a lot more detailed and refined than many other artisans

I would understand if he is still salty about what went down, but I would vote to give him a second chance (although my position is kind of invalid seeing as how I have never dealt with him)

All keycap artists here has their perks, its just that Girldc sticks out as a jeweler with his detailed craftsmanship.
Its doesnt matter if you dealt with him or not, we're here to show support!

Thats Girldc.

Offline bowji

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 01:03:28 »
Lets keep this ball rolling!
Anybody and everybody please show your support <3

Offline girldc

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 01:04:57 »
More
Hello, I am girldc. ;D

Now �keycaps� becomes my important business.

Please visit my website
www.girldc.com

Great to see you're back, I can't wait until I'm able to snag one of your caps!

Thank you and one of the S/S collection of 2015 is coming soon!
In next you can find images here.
see you soon~ 
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 02:40:36 »
If this spans out, I am planning to push the idea of topre keycaps to Girldc. Topre seems bigger here than other foreign keyboard communities, so if he can work in geekhack he should be interested to hear our opinions. Topre stormtrooper? Not to get anyones hopes up.. but I would personally really like to see a white plastic stormtrooper, since his metal works are restricted to 4 colors (theres a picture of him working on a blue plastic C3PO).

I would buy a Topre Stormtrooper in a heartbeat. That would be awesome.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 06:06:03 »
GirlDC, I think your language skills are quite good. I hope you're able to sell here again. I love your caps!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:34:48 »
I also got a message and would like to say I support Girldc to be allowed to trade again here as its would be a shame to miss out and stop someone with such talent selling/creating really nice items, you have my support :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline bowji

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 15:55:10 »
I also got a message and would like to say I support Girldc to be allowed to trade again here as its would be a shame to miss out and stop someone with such talent selling/creating really nice items, you have my support :)

Woot! Thanks for your support <3
Every single support brings us a step closer  :thumb:

Offline Chromako

• Worshipper of the Topre and IBM Gods
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 05:16:01 »
While I'm newly registered, I've been following (lurking) this issue for some time. I really don't think that the community here (at GH) holds any real ill-will towards GirlDC. The RedLine debacle wasn't with any problems with GirlDC, and I'd put money on the assumption that most (or nearly all) of us here understand that.
Thou Shalt Not Violate Causality, Nor Shalt Thou Invert Thy Spacebar.

Offline bowji

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 01:16:43 »
While I'm newly registered, I've been following (lurking) this issue for some time. I really don't think that the community here (at GH) holds any real ill-will towards GirlDC. The RedLine debacle wasn't with any problems with GirlDC, and I'd put money on the assumption that most (or nearly all) of us here understand that.

Exactly, doesnt seem like theres any ill-will towards Girldc but more of an action taken place due to "guilt by association." Although Girldc was given a chance to speak up, he was too late and the language barrier kicked in. Also, Im sure the community was furious so there should have been pressure from that.
We just gotta hope enough time has passed for the healing process...

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 03:11:48 »
I fully support GirlDC's return to commercial business on Geekhack. Personally, and no disrespect to the mods (of which I am personal friends with at least one) I feel this issue has been on the radar for a little too long based solely on what we on the outside know. Just my 2 cents. Let's get the ball rolling here fellas.

FREE GirlDC!!

^ I think I might pop that into my signature when I'm near a computer.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline girldc

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:29:51 »
GirlDC, I think your language skills are quite good. I hope you're able to sell here again. I love your caps!

You really think so? Thank you, buddy^^
I am waiting for that moment to share my works here!
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:57:59 »
I wasn't around when GDC was selling stuff but i've always been interested in GDC's work and would definitely like to see more!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline girldc

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 06:53:22 »

Thank you for sharing your idea about me. It helps me a lot!
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com

Offline girldc

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 06:55:52 »
I fully support GirlDC's return to commercial business on Geekhack. Personally, and no disrespect to the mods (of which I am personal friends with at least one) I feel this issue has been on the radar for a little too long based solely on what we on the outside know. Just my 2 cents. Let's get the ball rolling here fellas.

FREE GirlDC!!

^ I think I might pop that into my signature when I'm near a computer.

Hahaha!
Thank you! let me free, friends!
wanna have it?
can make it!

girldc

www.girldc.com