Author Topic: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #12: Rama Cap & Artisans 2/27  (Read 128064 times)

Offline bobdenard

Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #8: New renders! 2/5
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 12:25:45 »
Possibility of adding a small Mac kit?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 21:05:52 »
I'd love to see text icons for the 40's/Ortho kit. Yes, I know I've already asked once, but I've never received a response about this. Your silence is turning me off from this set. If the answer is no, I can deal with that, but please don't leave me, and the others who inquired, holding out hope for no good reason.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 22:04:29 »
I'd love to see text icons for the 40's/Ortho kit. Yes, I know I've already asked once, but I've never received a response about this. Your silence is turning me off from this set. If the answer is no, I can deal with that, but please don't leave me, and the others who inquired, holding out hope for no good reason.

You do realize that the designer can choose not only which kits to design/include, but also who and how they choose to respond to said requests, right? Your sense of entitlement is showing.

Offline kingh271

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 22:54:13 »

Here's a quote from the discord: "I only planned to offer 1 for 40s/ortho/ergo and did a poll and atlantean icons were picked by a vast majority"

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 23:22:29 »

Here ya go dude  :thumb:

I do my best to respond to as many as I can but I'm sorry if I missed your comment. I did mention in discord a few days ago that I will not be doing any other 40s/Ortho kits for Atlantis when another user brought it up. So, to your question, no.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 00:39:18 »

Here ya go dude  :thumb:

Show Image

I do my best to respond to as many as I can but I'm sorry if I missed your comment. I did mention in discord a few days ago that I will not be doing any other 40s/Ortho kits for Atlantis when another user brought it up. So, to your question, no.

No problem. Thanks for the answer.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #9: Added Command kit 2/15
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 01:02:23 »
Update #9: Added a Mac kit!

Also, here are some new renders on ortho for those interested!

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 February 2020, 11:50:24 by Rensuya »

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 01:49:13 »
Update #9: Added a CMD kit for mac users

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

thanks a lot for the Mac kit!

Offline Gucharmula

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 03:28:32 »
Hey do you have a ballpark on the price? I’m tempted to go for KAT Speciman cause of the cheaper price but I prefer these colors and since Speciman ends in 9 days I’m kinda in a dilemma.

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #9: Added Command kit 2/15
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 10:16:19 »

*Shuts door*

*Unzips*
Ortho. Always.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 20:19:06 »
i didn't realize how much I would like ortho. I appreciate the renders~

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 01:57:19 »
Hey do you have a ballpark on the price? I’m tempted to go for KAT Speciman cause of the cheaper price but I prefer these colors and since Speciman ends in 9 days I’m kinda in a dilemma.

Yeah, I am going to try and get the pricing up tomorrow!

i didn't realize how much I would like ortho. I appreciate the renders~

Glad you like them!  ;D

Offline thecheeselouise

Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #9: Added Mac kit 2/15
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 16:02:09 »
Been waiting so long for this! Finally going live!

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #10: Partial Pricing Added 2/17
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 23:24:12 »
Update #10: Parital Pricing added & Katakanas

You will notice some of the kits are missing from prices and that's because they have some small changes I made and I'm waiting on the re-quote. I know some of you wanted to know prices to help with your choices in advance, so I hope this helps!

Alphas - $33
ALT Alphas - $47
Korean Alphas - $35
Greek Alphas - $35
Katakanas - $35
Text Modifiers - $60
Icon Modifiers - $60
Numpad - $26
Ergo - $50
French - $22
ISO - $17
North - $33
Spacebars - $22
Colevrak - $26

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 February 2020, 23:28:16 by Rensuya »

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #10: Partial Pricing Added 2/17
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 00:01:23 »
I can't believe I'm saying this (I'm a total weeb) but I don't get the addition of katakana. It seems off-theme.

Ditto Korean, but those have always been there.

I'm already getting alphas, Greek, and Colevrak. Not sure I'll get the katakanas. :-/
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2020, 00:03:55 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 00:24:49 »

You will notice some of the kits are missing from prices and that's because they have some small changes I made and I'm waiting on the re-quote. I know some of you wanted to know prices to help with your choices in advance, so I hope this helps!

Alphas - $33
ALT Alphas - $47
Korean Alphas - $35
Greek Alphas - $35
Katakanas - $35
Text Modifiers - $60
Icon Modifiers - $60
Numpad - $26
Ergo - $50
French - $22
ISO - $17
North - $33
Spacebars - $22
Colevrak - $26

Show Image

great prices!
just wondering, any update about pricing and final options for the deskmat?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 00:33:46 »
I can't believe I'm saying this (I'm a total weeb) but I don't get the addition of katakana. It seems off-theme.

I'm already getting alphas, Greek, and Colevrak. Not sure I'll get the katakanas. :-/

Yeah, the Korean was requested early on so I figured why not. The Katakanas I just wanted. Most will probably lean to the Greek, alt, or regular though. At least we have options :D

Alphas - $33
ALT Alphas - $47
Korean Alphas - $35
Greek Alphas - $35
Katakanas - $35
Text Modifiers - $60
Icon Modifiers - $60
Numpad - $26
Ergo - $50
French - $22
ISO - $17
North - $33
Spacebars - $22
Colevrak - $26

Show Image

great prices!

I'll see about getting word on that up tomorrow!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 February 2020, 00:45:41 by Rensuya »

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 12:23:11 »

Yeah, the Korean was requested early on so I figured why not. The Katakanas I just wanted. Most will probably lean to the Greek, alt, or regular though. At least we have options :D

Alphas - $33
ALT Alphas - $47
Korean Alphas - $35
Greek Alphas - $35
Katakanas - $35
Text Modifiers - $60
Icon Modifiers - $60
Numpad - $26
Ergo - $50
French - $22
ISO - $17
North - $33
Spacebars - $22
Colevrak - $26

Show Image

great prices!

I'll see about getting word on that up tomorrow!

Is there any way to get a second tab in the modifiers kits? With a second tab you can buy two alphas and one mod and piece together two different 60%. Also why are there 3 escape keys in the kit?

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 12:35:04 »
Appreciate the revision of the mac kit to include text mods.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 12:58:14 »
Is there any way to get a second tab in the modifiers kits? With a second tab you can buy two alphas and one mod and piece together two different 60%. Also why are there 3 escape keys in the kit?
There are four esc keys, because the sculpt of KAT has a different shape for the F-row (R5) to the top of the alpha block (R4). There are two on each row, because the set includes accents and non-accented versions.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 13:18:20 »
There are four esc keys, because the sculpt of KAT has a different shape for the F-row (R5) to the top of the alpha block (R4). There are two on each row, because the set includes accents and non-accented versions.

Show Image

Ahhh. Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 13:20:34 »
Creatures prizing? stupid ...   thanks

Offline psxndc

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 13:34:57 »

Agreed. I'm a big fan of how flexible KAT is.
Ortho. Always.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 14:33:28 »

... and I'm convinced that flexibility isn't being fully taken advantage of. If total number of keycaps spread over whatever amount of kits is the key here, KAT sets should be going the full route and not make a "base alphas" kits + "north"/"south", etc., but instead a full set of kits for each alpha layout ("English (USA) - QWERTY", "English (USA) DVORAK", "English (UK)", "German", "Spanish", "Iberoamerican", "Italian", "Norwegian", "Greek", etc.) plus a full set of kits for most of the common modifiers ("TKL/fullsize", "75%", "60%/65", "1800", etc.), with the more numerous variants (TKL, 65%) even being offered in different styles ("English mods", "Spanish mods", "German mods", "all icons").

MUCH of the work between sets could be shared if agreeing previously to the same font (albeit that would apply to sets where a differing font is a selling point, like Atlantis or Lich, for example).

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 14:40:37 »

... and I'm convinced that flexibility isn't being fully taken advantage of. If total number of keycaps spread over whatever amount of kits is the key here, KAT sets should be going the full route and not make a "base alphas" kits + "north"/"south", etc., but instead a full set of kits for each alpha layout ("English (USA) - QWERTY", "English (USA) DVORAK", "English (UK)", "German", "Spanish", "Iberoamerican", "Italian", "Norwegian", "Greek", etc.) plus a full set of kits for most of the common modifiers ("TKL/fullsize", "75%", "60%/65", "1800", etc.), with the more numerous variants (TKL, 65%) even being offered in different styles ("English mods", "Spanish mods", "German mods", "all icons").

MUCH of the work between sets could be shared if agreeing previously to the same font (albeit that would apply to sets where a differing font is a selling point, like Atlantis or Lich, for example).

That many SKUs would probably be chaotic at best, and pulling teeth at worst, to both the vendor and the manufacturer.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 17:41:51 »

... and I'm convinced that flexibility isn't being fully taken advantage of. If total number of keycaps spread over whatever amount of kits is the key here, KAT sets should be going the full route and not make a "base alphas" kits + "north"/"south", etc., but instead a full set of kits for each alpha layout ("English (USA) - QWERTY", "English (USA) DVORAK", "English (UK)", "German", "Spanish", "Iberoamerican", "Italian", "Norwegian", "Greek", etc.) plus a full set of kits for most of the common modifiers ("TKL/fullsize", "75%", "60%/65", "1800", etc.), with the more numerous variants (TKL, 65%) even being offered in different styles ("English mods", "Spanish mods", "German mods", "all icons").

That many SKUs would probably be chaotic at best, and pulling teeth at worst, to both the vendor and the manufacturer.

Sure, so you could run an early poll during the IC phase, to weed out "unwanted" kits. Doing, say, a "KAT TROPICS" set and several people are requesting the Brazilian layout while no one wants the Icelandic and the Faroese? Cut those two out!

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #11: Final Mats being offered 2/17
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 19:40:15 »
Update #11: Final Mats being offered 2/17

All Mats will be $17

The Kraken and Runes mats will be color-matched to the Atlantis keyset.

(DISCLAIMER) This undersea mat will be offered but will not be color-matched to Atlantis's shades of blue perfectly. It will be offered as you see here. I was going to cut this one entirely, but some seem to still want it. While it does not match Atlantis exactly, it would still look nice with it or any other blue sets!

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2020, 16:59:49 by Rensuya »

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #11: Final Mats 2/17
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 10:27:42 »
Dang. Why are my two favorite themes being overloaded right now. Space and sea. I imagine the undersea mat would go good with like gmk Nautilus.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #278 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 08:21:39 »
Have ANY KAT sets delivered yet?
I'm in on this and it occurs to me this is the 4th set I've bought without ever touching this profile.  :-\

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 09:02:18 »
I'm in on this and it occurs to me this is the 4th set I've bought without ever touching this profile.  :-\
Has this even ran yet?

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 10:27:39 »
Yes, KAT Alpha, last year. It's excellent.
KAT Milkshake will follow soon after the virus clears out...

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 10:50:42 »
Oh. He said ANY KAT. I'm an idiot.

Offline niakulah

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 05:14:44 »
This looks awesome! Anyone can point me to pics of KAT and OEM profile side by side? I can only find comparisons with Cherry and SA.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 16:31:45 »
This looks awesome! Anyone can point me to pics of KAT and OEM profile side by side? I can only find comparisons with Cherry and SA.

I'm not aware of a KAT/OEM comparison.  But OEM is very similar to Cherry, just slightly taller - see below.  Keeping this in mind, maybe the KAT/Cherry comparison is helpful?

Offline Gohan

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 17:19:39 »
Hopefully this can help

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 17:34:58 »
Sorry if we already established this, but the PBT is a matte finish, right? I can't remember if it was KAT or KAM that had a gloss finish in some previous set.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 17:53:39 »
Sorry if we already established this, but the PBT is a matte finish, right? I can't remember if it was KAT or KAM that had a gloss finish in some previous set.
That wasn't a mandatory gloss. KAM starry night was glossy. KAM wraith isn't. Think it's up to the manufacturer.

Offline phunktional

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 18:18:15 »
That wasn't a mandatory gloss. KAM starry night was glossy. KAM wraith isn't. Think it's up to the manufacturer.
Biip was unhappy with glossy and had them build matte molds for KAM Wraith.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 18:20:55 »
Biip was unhappy with glossy and had them build matte molds for KAM Wraith.
Haha. Well there we go. Personally I like both.

Offline niakulah

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 04:10:15 »
Hopefully this can help

Show Image

I'm not aware of a KAT/OEM comparison.  But OEM is very similar to Cherry, just slightly taller - see below.  Keeping this in mind, maybe the KAT/Cherry comparison is helpful?

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for trying to help. I'd seen both pics before asking. I use a 75% board without any separation for the arrow or function keys (a la satisfaction, evolv, bella, etc). I use different material keys (steel, wood) so that I can feel a difference.

Problem is most all of these odd keycaps are OEM and I was wondering if I'd still be able to use em without it appearing too weird.

I'm guessing yes since the height of KAT and OEM look similar.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 05:57:41 »
Hopefully this can help

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for trying to help. I'd seen both pics before asking. I use a 75% board without any separation for the arrow or function keys (a la satisfaction, evolv, bella, etc). I use different material keys (steel, wood) so that I can feel a difference.

Problem is most all of these odd keycaps are OEM and I was wondering if I'd still be able to use em without it appearing too weird.

They might look weird, but I'm sure you'd adjust. If anything it might make those clusters easier to find. Dunno if wasd would work tho for normal typing.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:11:13 »
Hopefully this can help

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

KAT has a spherical top (like DSA and SA), while OEM has a cylindrical top.  That's one way you might be able to feel a difference.  A small difference in appearance might look nice, similar to Return and ESC highlight keycaps.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 14:22:08 »
Personally I like KAT for the less pronounced ridges on the top. Imo it makes typing easier

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 15:39:26 »
Personally I like KAT for the less pronounced ridges on the top. Imo it makes typing easier

What do you think about the height? I’ve always been interested in spherical tops but as a mostly GMK person, SA is unusably tall to me. KAT caught my eye because it’s significantly shorter.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 16:59:15 »

What do you think about the height? I’ve always been interested in spherical tops but as a mostly GMK person, SA is unusably tall to me. KAT caught my eye because it’s significantly shorter.
I think it's def better and more "normal". I could never get into SA or like MT3. Always felt like a workout to get fingers in the right position.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 17:59:09 »

I think it's def better and more "normal". I could never get into SA or like MT3. Always felt like a workout to get fingers in the right position.

Thanks!

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #12: Rama Cap & Artisans! 2/27
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 19:44:15 »
Update #12: Rama Cap & Artisan Collabs! 2/27

We will also have some artisan collabs for Atlantis (no pics yet but will post when I have)

Makers
Alphakeycaps
Sodiecaps
CYSM
Fraktal Kaps
Navacaps
Swampster

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2020, 14:36:56 by Rensuya »

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #12: Final Mats 2/17
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:07:55 »
Looks cool, but what is the significance of the design?
Ortho. Always.

Offline Shutter_Shock

Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #12: Rama Cap & Artisans! 2/27
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:25:55 »
Update #12: Rama Cap & Artisan Collabs! 2/17

We will also have some artisan collabs for Atlantis (no pics yet but will post when I have)

Makers
Alphakeycaps
Sodiecaps
CYSM
Fraktal Kaps
Navacaps
Swampster

Show Image

Show Image

YESSSSS

Offline Farbee

Re: [IC] KAT Atlantis | UPDATE #12: Final Mats 2/17
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 22:52:07 »
Are the homing keys deep dish or barred? It's hard to tell from the renders.