Author Topic: Green QF Rapids & Triggers in Stock  (Read 40965 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Green
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:22:56 »
my seats-of-the-pants tests between ghetto and real greens appear to indicate that there is more going on with greens than simply a black spring and a blue stem. a cherry engineer would have to chime in on whether there is merit to this or not. the fact is that we do not have equipment that can empirically measure force curves, and we have not done statistically relevant studies using this measurement equipment we do not have. hence, seat-of-the-pants, i'm willing to pay more for green switches, CUZ I LIKES EM

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:49:59 »
well no one ever said the ghetto was perfect.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:55:46 »
The stem of blue and green switches are the same, and you can verify by just looking at it. For springs, all you really need is a micro scale and a screw-type vice grip to measure if black and green springs have the same force at each compression lengths.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:07:03 »
According to DT, MX black is 60g force and MX green is 80g, so ghetto greens would be lighter than real greens.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Green
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Black
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mickd

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:11:34 »
Is Australia getting some love this time round? =(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:28:08 »
I've asked several times - no reply.  If there is only a limited number of these keyboards, I would guess not.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:29:00 »
The stem of blue and green switches are the same, and you can verify by just looking at it. For springs, all you really need is a micro scale and a screw-type vice grip to measure if black and green springs have the same force at each compression lengths.
with values this small, the switches need to be measured as an assembly.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 06:38:24 »
Is Australia getting some love this time round? =(

If you really want one, I would be willing to proxy for you AU guys.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline kwago

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:51:39 »
in for one D:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:52:55 »
A Clack sale, and this.  And I have no money...

I might cry  :'(

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline mickd

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 10:17:44 »
If you really want one, I would be willing to proxy for you AU guys.

Hey look! A saviour among men! I might take you up on this ;) Any other Aussies want to join in to save on shipping? I'm not sure what the shipping rate to Australia is for a keyboard, but I suspect it might be painfully high for one person!

Cheers OrangeJewce.

P.S. Does that special GH coupon work with this?

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 10:24:16 »
It's really expensive, so if you get a few together we can work something out.

pm me when you get it sorted out.

Cheers,

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:23:16 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:30:12 »
Just bought mine.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:30:15 »
Hoping they'll still be available by next week so I can buy one too...

But I doubt I'll be that lucky...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:48:14 »
Pics are up:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-green-switch/

Hey carter,

you can't zoom in on the pictures. Is this the website or the pics at fault?

Cheers,

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 13:00:54 »
Worked fine for me.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 13:02:38 »
That looks FILTHY! This is probably the last factory produced keyboard I will buy :cool:

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 13:11:22 »
Worked fine for me.

Must have been me I guess. Swear it wasn't responding initially

Cheers,

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 15:01:50 »
Serious question here...is there any chance you will be releasing an ISO version with greens? I would be the first to buy.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 15:07:26 »
Hey Carter, so how about those brandless replacement TKL covers you mentioned being available to purchase?

Any other Aussies want to join in to save on shipping? I'm not sure what the shipping rate to Australia is for a keyboard, but I suspect it might be painfully high for one person!

It's not painfully expensive as you might think. I know for a fact that shipping from Aus to US is more than shipping from US to Aus. It's about $30 by USPS to ship a TKL keyboard to Aus. I've proxied tons of stuff to many countries.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 15:19:11 »
Hey Carter, so how about those brandless replacement TKL covers you mentioned being available to purchase?

Any other Aussies want to join in to save on shipping? I'm not sure what the shipping rate to Australia is for a keyboard, but I suspect it might be painfully high for one person!

It's not painfully expensive as you might think. I know for a fact that shipping from Aus to US is more than shipping from US to Aus. It's about $30 by USPS to ship a TKL keyboard to Aus. I've proxied tons of stuff to many countries.

Weird when I looked this week on USPS it was 50 USD for a 4lb. package. Regardless, I can weigh the board when I get it, and figure out if it will fit in a flat rate box as well. I just wanted to help people who want this board!

Cheers,
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 15:33:12 by OrangeJewce »

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 16:25:02 »
Serious question here...is there any chance you will be releasing an ISO version with greens? I would be the first to buy.

This was a project started by our region. As far as I know, EU does not plan on carrying this.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 16:26:49 »

They have been ordered, should be in within the next 2 weeks. Will update as soon as they arrive.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 18:20:26 »

Weird when I looked this week on USPS it was 50 USD for a 4lb. package. Regardless, I can weigh the board when I get it, and figure out if it will fit in a flat rate box as well. I just wanted to help people who want this board!

Cheers,
first class mail international carries a 4 lb weight limit. You can get the weight of a QFR down pretty low, especially if you make a new, smaller box for it (Like I did once). $30 is about right to mail to AUS, but you'll need a different box than what CM ships theirs in. They have excellent, but heavy boxes.

So your 4-lb box would have to go by Priority mail international, which is why it's more.

The cheapest, ofcourse, is to wrap it in bubblewrap, then again in brown postal paper, but it might not protect the original packaging as well.

But it should be pretty reasonable to get the weight down to 3.5 or even 3 lbs.
---
I would be willing to proxy some few to AUS, but I usually take a few more days.

They have been ordered, should be in within the next 2 weeks. Will update as soon as they arrive.
Excellent, I will want two at least. All I need now are case bottoms to put custom keyboards into :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 18:23:06 by dorkvader »

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 18:22:28 »

Cheers,
first class mail international carries a 4 lb weight limit. You can get the weight of a QFR down pretty low, especially if you make a new, smaller box for it (Like I did once). $30 is about right to mail to AUS, but you'll need a different box than what CM ships theirs in. They have excellent, but heavy boxes.

So your 4-lb box would have to go by Priority mail international, which is why it's more.

The cheapest, ofcourse, is to wrap it in bubblewrap, then again in brown postal paper, but it might not protect the original packaging as well.

But it should be pretty reasonable to get the weight down to 3.5 or even 3 lbs.

And still, it's not like the Rapid can't take some beating like a boss during the shipping and still survive...  :p
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 21:27:37 »

Excellent, I will want two at least. All I need now are case bottoms to put custom keyboards into :p

Won't work. I did measurements to make plates, and CM case is unique only to their PCB, even though many other brands use Costar OEM. The PCB's have slightly different holes for the standoffs in the case. Filco or phantom PCB can't just be dropped into the CM case without some modding. Even the top cover of a CM case can't fit the bottom of a Filco because of 1 screw position difference.

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 22:43:21 »
Very soon. very limited.
That's a stiffer version of Blue. But most people who pass on blues do so because the sound is too loud/shrill -- Green has the same problem.

Please consider making some Rapids with better-sounding White/Milk switches.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 01:08:04 »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Guess ill have to another board then, yay^^
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline Cart3r

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 08:18:03 »
You still advertise with 1000Hz/1ms, also on the new rapid green.  :rolleyes:

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 10:06:30 »

This was a project started by our region. As far as I know, EU does not plan on carrying this.
Aw, makes me both sad and happy at the same time. Although if the greens go the way of the reds we'll probably see ISO greens if we're being patient.
If not; it's a great excuse to get a board with ANSI layout to put new caps on, the ANSI looks prettier than ISO due to the sides being symmetrical. Although with the right set of caps I suppose you could bring out the hidden beauty of the ISO layout as well. Hmmm...

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 13:59:58 »
Very soon. very limited.
That's a stiffer version of Blue. But most people who pass on blues do so because the sound is too loud/shrill -- Green has the same problem.

Please consider making some Rapids with better-sounding White/Milk switches.

My keyboards with greens sound different than blues, I like the sound of greens much better. Whites have less "sound" to them, but feel almost the same to me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 16:27:49 »
I'd be tempted to try this keyboard, as I like blues for typing and like the stiffness of blacks, but I cannot justify the price at the moment, with a few big bills looming and Christmas coming up sooner than we think.

So thank you for the proxy offers etc., but I'll just settle for the couple of keycap sets I am planning.

Offline Womble

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 09:39:08 »
Oooh I am so tempted. Is this just one production run or will this be restocked? (sorry if this has been mentioned)

Also would anyone be willing to possibly proxy for me if I can get the money together (again sorry if there is a formal way of doing this I'm kind of new and still learning my way around).

Cheers, W

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 11:04:56 »
Oooh I am so tempted. Is this just one production run or will this be restocked? (sorry if this has been mentioned)

Also would anyone be willing to possibly proxy for me if I can get the money together (again sorry if there is a formal way of doing this I'm kind of new and still learning my way around).

Cheers, W
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37277.0
Free Proxy service.

Cheers,

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 11:12:35 »
Pics are up:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-green-switch/

Are there plans for an "otaku" or ninja version?  Sry if it's been asked before.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 17:06:50 »
Just purchased a quickfire rapid with greens.  I'm looking forward to trying out mx green switches as buckling springs are my favorite switch.  Thanks for making this happen Carter!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Guillairmo

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:05:26 »
Patiently waiting :P.. Can't wait to try out MX Green for the first time.

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:11:23 »
Are these not shipping yet? Put my order in on Friday, nothing that day figured nothing would get done on the weekend and now Monday has come and gone, still "Awaiting Fulfillment". Just curious.
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:13:50 »
It's Veteran's day, so won't ship until tomorrow at the earliest.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:20:58 »
Correct, we were not in the office today, honoring Veterans Day.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:21:22 »
Got mine today. Pretty fast, if I must say so.

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:35:22 »
It's Veteran's day, so won't ship until tomorrow at the earliest.
Oh duh. I had class today so it didn't even occur to me that it was a holiday.
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 23:57:15 »
Got mine today. Pretty fast, if I must say so.

I don't know how this is possible since there wasn't any post today... did you upgrade your shipping?

Cheers,

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 23:59:56 »
Nope. It was shipped by UPS, right? I don't know if they had today off like USPS, but they rang my doorbell about five hours ago.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 01:56:18 »
Doesn't CM ship out of CA anyways?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 02:35:12 »
Doesn't CM ship out of CA anyways?
I believe so. I guess I'm just close enough.

Offline tinyblob

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 14:59:26 »
Any chance that these will be coming to the UK in our layout?

Thanks!

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 16:30:40 »
I ordered on Friday and got the notice today.  It actually shipped on Friday or Saturday.
Russ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 16:32:14 »
Carter, it occurs to me that you might want to announce this product in a more verbose way (more verbose than "Green", I mean).
Russ