Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 223118 times)

Offline Atredl

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 11:48:43 »
Anybody tried to run QMK/TMK firmware on this keyboard? Thinking to port it there if not done..

It can be done in theory, since QMK and o2d both require the same controller.
Yes, it shouldn't be very hard. I know there was implementation for Lightsaver v2. Will try to look over weekend into it.
That’s something I’d be interested in. Being able to avoid o2d altogether would be pretty sweet.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #751 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 11:56:18 »
Anybody tried to run QMK/TMK firmware on this keyboard? Thinking to port it there if not done..

Yes, it shouldn't be very hard. I know there was implementation for Lightsaver v2. Will try to look over weekend into it.

There is already a TMK fork for a few Duck boards. (https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser/keyboard)
Maybe it helps and saves you some time.

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #752 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 13:39:12 »

There is already a TMK fork for a few Duck boards. (https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser/keyboard)
Maybe it helps and saves you some time.
Aware of this one, but it does not work with V3 PCB. Generated hex can be flashed but keyboard wont work.

Error log from dmesg when attaching device:
Code: [Select]
[ 9974.489579] usb 3-7: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[ 9975.649537] usb 3-7: device not accepting address 119, error -71
[ 9975.649572] usb usb3-port7: unable to enumerate USB device

Need to investigate this issue further.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #753 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 15:53:05 »
Looking for a silver top black bot kit or assembled if anyone has one for sale. Thank you!!

======••••======
http://txkeyboards.com/

Please click LOG IN on register. Bottom page is for newsletter only.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Wicky

« Reply #754 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 20:21:14 »
Is anyone else's ss plate a bit warped? Or is that normal? It's not unusable but I'm just curious about what other people have noticed.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline Shados

« Reply #755 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 05:06:31 »
Picked up mine from my local post office today, all arrived safely :). Will test the PCBs tonight. I'll have a spare PCB and plate (either SS or polycarbonate) in a few weeks when I figure out which I prefer, so let me know if you need them.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #756 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 05:20:46 »
Picked up mine from my local post office today, all arrived safely :). Will test the PCBs tonight. I'll have a spare PCB and plate (either SS or polycarbonate) in a few weeks when I figure out which I prefer, so let me know if you need them.

pm sent.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #757 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 07:03:18 »
Mine arrived today, super bubbly packaging. The board looks great and I've tested both PCBs and seems like everything is working. Cheers Elton and Duck!

Offline avid

« Reply #758 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 09:48:04 »
Those who bought plastic plate, how do you like it?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 10:48:55 »
Is anyone else's ss plate a bit warped? Or is that normal? It's not unusable but I'm just curious about what other people have noticed.

Yep mine is. Warped and has scorch marks. I've not had a steel plate before but from reading around I get the impression it's fairly normal.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #760 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 13:15:59 »
Packaging seemed overkill, but better be safe than sorry  ;)

Silver top and bottom, steel plate, retooled blacks (5pin, pushing 99 of those suckers through the PCB was a PITA, but certainly worth it!), lubed and polycarb films added, 52g springs. OG cherry stabs, lubed and clipped. Caps are GMK Oblivion, Hagoromo Base kit

FYI, hard to notice but the diffuser acrylic has plastic film on both sides that you can peel off. Seasoned Duck enthusiasts probably know this already.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #761 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 15:47:11 »

Silver top and bottom, steel plate, retooled blacks (5pin, pushing 99 of those suckers through the PCB was a PITA, but certainly worth it!), lubed and polycarb films added, 52g springs. OG cherry stabs, lubed and clipped. Caps are GMK Oblivion, Hagoromo Base kit

FYI, hard to notice but the diffuser acrylic has plastic film on both sides that you can peel off. Seasoned Duck enthusiasts probably know this already.

Show Image

that thing looks sick. good work.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #762 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 17:19:12 »

Show Image

Very clean looking! Is that a schiit stack I see?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #763 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 17:35:54 »

Show Image

Very clean looking! Is that a schiit stack I see?

Yep! HD6XX from Massdrop plugged into them, solid setup.

Offline Shados

« Reply #764 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 01:17:07 »
Tested both PCBs, work fine. Oddly, the top-right (MFN) key wasn't doing anything on one of them initially, but worked fine after re-flashing the stock firmware.

Elton: The backlight LEDs defaulting to a slow breathing cycle is kinda confusing when testing the PCB, as you have to wait a while to ensure that the cycle isn't just at its 'off' point... Maybe suggest to Duck to default to fixed-on backlight LED mode for shipped boards?

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #765 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 04:02:59 »

Show Image

Looks great and I bet typing on it is even greater.

I am still planning/preparing my build and will go for the same layout as you. The one issue I have is to where to put the Fn key. How are you guys solving this?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Shados

« Reply #766 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 04:49:29 »
The one issue I have is to where to put the Fn key. How are you guys solving this?

I almost always put fn where lctrl normally is, and lctrl where capslock is.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #767 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 06:31:55 »
The one issue I have is to where to put the Fn key. How are you guys solving this?

Hmmm. Happy Hacking Keyboardeske caps lock. I don't really want to do that.

Any other suggestions?

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #768 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 07:21:36 »

Any other suggestions?

Hard to suggest with limited info.  Where do you usually put it and what do you use it for?

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #769 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 07:46:36 »

Any other suggestions?

Hard to suggest with limited info.  Where do you usually put it and what do you use it for?
Well it all depends on the form factor of the keyboard. This will be my first 96%.

On TKLs I put Fn somewhere between RAlt and RCtrl. On my Octagon and TX75 I have it right next to Up Arrow key.

It would have been a natural place to put it on the same location as on my Octagon, but that's where the numpad cluster starts on the Lightsaver.

I use Fn key for switching layers and other keyboard specific functions. I thought everyone used Fn for that specific purpose? :-)

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #770 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 08:40:00 »

Any other suggestions?

Well it all depends on the form factor of the keyboard. This will be my first 96%.

On TKLs I put Fn somewhere between RAlt and RCtrl. On my Octagon and TX75 I have it right next to Up Arrow key.

It would have been a natural place to put it on the same location as on my Octagon, but that's where the numpad cluster starts on the Lightsaver.

I use Fn key for switching layers and other keyboard specific functions. I thought everyone used Fn for that specific purpose? :-)

I have similar setup as yours on TKL and 65/75% layouts.  Although I prefer to use separate keypad with smaller layouts.  I try hard to avoid using combos (two hands or pinky action).  So, I don't use FN much.  Don't know how relevant, but here is my set up on LSV3.
I use default top right key as MFN for infrequently used functions.  I have split NUMPLUS and use the key next to NUM* as dedicated layer change key.  I just use two layers and since there are plenty of keys, most frequently used functions have dedicated keys.  For example, in the odd layer, numpad functions normally, in the even layer, NUMLOCK, NUMDIV, NUM*, 7, 8, 9 funtion as TKL editing cluster.  This makes things easy to go back and forth between TKL and LSV3 (or any other CP layout).

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #771 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:14:01 »

Any other suggestions?

I have similar setup as yours on TKL and 65/75% layouts.  Although I prefer to use separate keypad with smaller layouts.  I try hard to avoid using combos (two hands or pinky action).  So, I don't use FN much.  Don't know how relevant, but here is my set up on LSV3.
I use default top right key as MFN for infrequently used functions.  I have split NUMPLUS and use the key next to NUM* as dedicated layer change key.  I just use two layers and since there are plenty of keys, most frequently used functions have dedicated keys.  For example, in the odd layer, numpad functions normally, in the even layer, NUMLOCK, NUMDIV, NUM*, 7, 8, 9 funtion as TKL editing cluster.  This makes things easy to go back and forth between TKL and LSV3 (or any other CP layout).

Is it possible for you to provide the .hex file to load into O2D so I can take a look at the layout you are suggesting?  This seems quite interesting to me.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #772 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:40:23 »

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?

Interesting suggestion regarding the TKL editing cluster on a seperate layer. I'll definitely try that.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #773 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:34:21 »
If anyone has an SS plate without burns or warping that they'd like to sell, PM me please!

Offline Wicky

« Reply #774 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 18:00:22 »
So I just got some fine hand sanding pads and polished the backside of my ss plate. The burns are pretty much all gone and it looks way better. Just throwing that out there for anyone that's bothered by the burn marks.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #775 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 18:22:44 »
Is it possible for you to provide the .hex file to load into O2D so I can take a look at the layout you are suggesting?  This seems quite interesting to me.

Attached hex file--first time doing this, so fingers crossed...

Layer 1 and 2 images for reference.

182957-0182959-1

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #776 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 19:27:25 »

Attached hex file--first time doing this, so fingers crossed...

Layer 1 and 2 images for reference.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Show us a pic of your board! :D

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #777 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 19:54:07 »
OK, here are pics!  ;)  Silver one before I split NUMPLUS.
LSV and CP are my favorite layouts (maybe JetFire as well).  Power of full layout in compact package.

182976-0182978-1
182980-2182982-3182984-4

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #778 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:06:12 »
That looks really nice. Crazy that you got two! :eek: The way you programmed your layers seems like a good idea.  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #779 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:11:53 »
Are those the PPS caps?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #780 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:27:58 »
Are those the PPS caps?

Yeap, it's not for everyone, but I like them.

That looks really nice. Crazy that you got two! :eek: The way you programmed your layers seems like a good idea.  :thumb:

Thanks :thumb: Landed on this layer setup after some experimentation, then discovered bunch of other people were doing it.  ;D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #781 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 00:38:32 »
Here's my build:

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #782 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 01:09:13 »
Here's my build:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damnnnnnnn.....That's so clean!!!
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #783 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 18:57:38 »
LightningXI, very clean build.

Do you use the numpad (2 / 4 / 6 / 8) as your arrow keys?  Is there a particular you can program it to do that?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #784 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:15:25 »

Do you use the numpad (2 / 4 / 6 / 8) as your arrow keys?  Is there a particular you can program it to do that?

That's what NumLock has always been for. NumLock on = numbers show up when you press the buttons, NumLock off = secondary legends (arrows, home/end and pageup/down). The Lightsaver supports this by default

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:27:21 »

That's what NumLock has always been for. NumLock on = numbers show up when you press the buttons, NumLock off = secondary legends (arrows, home/end and pageup/down). The Lightsaver supports this by default

That's Windows, Mac OS is a little bit different.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:37:45 »

Thanks, Oblotzky.  I didn't realize that's the default layout.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #787 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 20:11:28 »
Howdy everyone, I made a plate with a few options, the bottom one is meant for DIY. If anyone can laser-cut some acrylic to confirm fitment that would be great. I measuring it up with digital calipers and everything lines up when printed from Autocad 1:1. I should have an acrylic case finished soon if someone wants a place to drop in their extra plate + PCBs.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #788 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 02:21:02 »
Howdy everyone, I made a plate with a few options, the bottom one is meant for DIY. If anyone can laser-cut some acrylic to confirm fitment that would be great. I measuring it up with digital calipers and everything lines up when printed from Autocad 1:1. I should have an acrylic case finished soon if someone wants a place to drop in their extra plate + PCBs.

WOW that’s so awesome :eek:  :thumb: Would it be possible that you make it switch top removeable? You can copy the cutouts from the M65 plate file (https://github.com/Keyclack/M65-A/blob/master/RAMA-M65-KEYCLACK-PLATE-03-1.DXF). I’ll definitely get a custom brass plate like the one for the LZ CLS if someone confirms that this plate fits.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #789 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:56:55 »

WOW that’s so awesome :eek:  :thumb: Would it be possible that you make it switch top removeable? You can copy the cutouts from the M65 plate file (https://github.com/Keyclack/M65-A/blob/master/RAMA-M65-KEYCLACK-PLATE-03-1.DXF). I’ll definitely get a custom brass plate like the one for the LZ CLS if someone confirms that this plate fits.

Show Image

What's the process to do this?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #790 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 14:51:28 »

Show Image

The second plate in that file supports switch top removal.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #791 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 15:33:03 »
Wow, that would be friggin awesome! What price are we looking at?

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #792 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 19:03:48 »

I will not be doing a GB but all files will be open source. Everything should be able to get it cut from ponoko for less than $100, even cheaper if you have access to a laser cutter or skip the matte black top and opal inlay for underglow. I have enough prototypes to account for kerf and ensure a snug fit between certain pieces.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline axm2

« Reply #793 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 00:58:25 »
Got around to building it this weekend, thanks for a fantastic group buy elton and duck.

Offline WhateverZYX

« Reply #794 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 02:32:23 »
Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the in-switch leds? I just can't figure it out, I can only change between all the different lighting effects with the led functions.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #795 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 07:27:09 »
Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the in-switch leds? I just can't figure it out, I can only change between all the different lighting effects with the led functions.
1. LED Ctrl
2. Select one of multiple LED groups (e.g. LED Alpha)
3. Select LED Up or Down to adjust brightness
4. LED Ctrl once more to exit brightness adjustment

Offline WhateverZYX

« Reply #796 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:09:44 »
1. LED Ctrl
2. Select one of multiple LED groups (e.g. LED Alpha)
3. Select LED Up or Down to adjust brightness
4. LED Ctrl once more to exit brightness adjustment

Thanks for the help!

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #797 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 20:17:09 »

I will not be doing a GB but all files will be open source. Everything should be able to get it cut from ponoko for less than $100, even cheaper if you have access to a laser cutter or skip the matte black top and opal inlay for underglow. I have enough proztotypes to account for kerf and ensure a snug fit between certain pieces.

I'd be very interested in one, any place we can check for updates? Where will you be posting the files?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #798 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 20:21:51 »

I will not be doing a GB but all files will be open source. Everything should be able to get it cut from ponoko for less than $100, even cheaper if you have access to a laser cutter or skip the matte black top and opal inlay for underglow. I have enough proztotypes to account for kerf and ensure a snug fit between certain pieces.

I'd be very interested in one, any place we can check for updates? Where will you be posting the files?
That link up above is the file. Once you have that you can send it to a company of your choosing to have a plate cut. Make sure to let them know which one you want because that file contains all three plates.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #799 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 22:16:26 »

That link up above is the file. Once you have that you can send it to a company of your choosing to have a plate cut. Make sure to let them know which one you want because that file contains all three plates.

Excuse me for being thick. What are the 3 plates? I'm interested in trying to order and make some.