Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220902 times)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 22:00:56 »
Does anyone have a ELI5 guide of how to use QMK for the LSV3? I'm very new to things like this and have no idea where to start

...like a 5yr old thats used QMK before on other boards? ...or like a 5yr old that doesnt have a "build environment" set up for compiling the needed .hex file to flash to the board?

The latter :)

Theres a bunch of tutorials about getting a linux environment set up to compile qmk. You can probably just follow along the QMK documentation... however it seems to be hit or miss if you have windows10 if the built in linux kernel for something like Ubuntu will work. I personally went with MSYS2... but i'll be honest, I tend to try and do as much as possible using GUI tools like easyavr or just recently starting to get a successful build using the beta online configuration tool: http://config.qmk.fm/
-Dana

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #851 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 22:04:20 »
Does anyone have a ELI5 guide of how to use QMK for the LSV3? I'm very new to things like this and have no idea where to start

...like a 5yr old thats used QMK before on other boards? ...or like a 5yr old that doesnt have a "build environment" set up for compiling the needed .hex file to flash to the board?

Theres a bunch of tutorials about getting a linux environment set up to compile qmk. You can probably just follow along the QMK documentation... however it seems to be hit or miss if you have windows10 if the built in linux kernel for something like Ubuntu will work. I personally went with MSYS2... but i'll be honest, I tend to try and do as much as possible using GUI tools like easyavr or just recently starting to get a successful build using the beta online configuration tool: http://config.qmk.fm/

It's really easy, just follow the instructions. I compiled the source on my imac and it works fine.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 12:46:58 »

If you have Windows 10, I found it very easy to install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (Bash). To compile the hex file for my USB-USB converter, I just copy and paste the following command in the terminal, Andrew being the folder name where my keymap file is kept.
Code: [Select]
cd /mnt/c/QMK
make converter/usb_usb:Andrew
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 22:12:03 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #853 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 22:01:25 »
So, I acquired a built kit from Reddit, and it showed up with the front plastic piece broken. How in the world do I go about getting it replaced?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #854 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 00:19:00 »
So, I acquired a built kit from Reddit, and it showed up with the front plastic piece broken. How in the world do I go about getting it replaced?

you have to get a new one cut, PM elton to see if he can get the file from duck
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline WhateverZYX

« Reply #855 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 02:10:39 »

I'm in the same boat as you, my acrylic front diffuser is also broken. I have contacted Elton quite a few times already, and he told me twice he's going to ask Duck about it, but I have yet to hear back.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #856 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 16:50:30 »

I'm in the same boat as you, my acrylic front diffuser is also broken. I have contacted Elton quite a few times already, and he told me twice he's going to ask Duck about it, but I have yet to hear back.

I managed to "glue" mine back together using IPS Weld-On 3. The crack is still visible, but I have a solid piece that I can measure now and replicate. I'll make a few with a laser cutter, if I can get a decent drawing done.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #857 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:37:47 »
I'd recommend contacting thebeephaha on reddit. He's based in Seattle WA and does a lot of custom pieces for the community with his Glowforge.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #858 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 12:31:29 »
if you want to get the diffuser cut yourself, you can download the .dwg from kbdlab here

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #859 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 16:45:55 »
if you want to get the diffuser cut yourself, you can download the .dwg from kbdlab here

THANK YOU! Now to find someone local that can cut a few.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 17:59:22 »
Hello all... IC is up for the weights:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95953.0

Offline jongmin84

« Reply #861 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 09:14:37 »
Hi I just bought the kit from another seller

After I soldered them all, I found that 5tgv colum does not work entirely
Is this problem with pcb? How should I fix my problem? Any thought??

Thanks

Offline bciamny

« Reply #862 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 12:41:25 »

Thanks

from my experience, usually when there is a short along a column it means that one of the soldering points along the top or bottom of the column is not working correctly. you can try to identify that point and fix it. if you can't figure out the problem you can create jumps to each of those keys from neighboring keys.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #863 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 22:44:09 »

Thanks

smells like a dead diode
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #864 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 19:38:21 »
Does LSV3 support switch top removal?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #865 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 20:28:39 »

Nope

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #866 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 21:04:06 »
No but I uploaded a .dxf file for a plate which will support switch top removal earlier in the thread. You may have to modify it for your preferred layout.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #867 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 13:01:03 »
No but I uploaded a .dxf file for a plate which will support switch top removal earlier in the thread. You may have to modify it for your preferred layout.

any idea if the plate is compatible with LSv2?

Offline naps250

« Reply #868 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 17:31:51 »
I'm sorry for ressurecting a dead thread but I figured it would be best to write here for most visibility.

I am trying to flash my LightSaver v3 using 02D.
Tried with both 02D v1.10.653 and v1.12.676. Using DFU driver v1.2.2. I have Flip 3.4.7 but I have not made any attempts with it.
I am using the LightSaver 1.9a map as a base since the 1.x gives me an error (100% of space used). I guess the memory is not enough?!

After changing the system locale to Korean I had issues with the Atmel drivers (missing). After I downloaded and installed them I managed to flash the keyboard. Now I can flash it repeatedly without issues but upon plugging it in afterwards for regular use, 3 LEDs flash for a moment and then nothing. Like no device is connected at all. The keyboard is NOT in bootloader mode as far as I can tell since it's not present in Device Manager under Atm32.... Of course, I can make it go into bootloader using the Escape key.
Restarts did not help. Reverting system locale (although I'm aware it's only for the arrow keys) and uninstalling Atmel drivers had no effect. I am assuming there is a boot error inside the keyboard but why??
Has anyone encountered such a problem?

I am considering using QMK since I heard it's considerably easier. I am only worried about the layer LEDs not working with it.
Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Please help  :confused:

Edit: Did some digging into the QMK Lightsaver firmware. I apologize for doubting the author. I will continue into that direction.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 December 2019, 13:09:15 by naps250 »

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #869 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 11:50:07 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 December 2021, 20:58:45 by MandrewDavis »

My Classifieds Thread