Author Topic: [GB] $60 60% case (Aluminium) (SHIPPING - 99% DISPATCHED! :O )  (Read 247035 times)

Offline kirkvomit

Re: [GB] $60 60% case (Aluminium) (SHIPPING - 99% DISPATCHED! :O )
« Reply #1250 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:22:07 »
Are there left some cases? I missed this group buy  :(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1251 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 10:07:40 »
WOW Awesome pics man.

What set up are you using?

Thanks, they were very low effort, however  :p

For wider shots and quick pics, I generally use a Ricoh GR (last pic). The rest in the album were with a Pentax K-01 plus D-FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR lens :)

Wow.. Beautiful! I thought I was unique w my 2 pure limited cases and now this happened.. I should get more, great price.  :thumb:
I bought a Pure Limited just for the case, but the Poker II's Space Bar stabilizers wouldn't fit inside :( The quality of the Pure's case was also well below this one, referenced in the text in the Imgur album.

Vortex really smashed it with this version, my only gripe is the "apparent" gap where the front of the plate meets the case, but it's mostly an issue of parallax when you look at it. 9.8/10 on quality! For the price, it would be crazy to pass it up.

Same here, had to buy pure limited's. Wait so the front is made different then the pure limited? You can use cherry stabs? I swapped both of mine to costar stabs which I like anyways. Hmm interesting!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1252 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:21:08 »
Finally i got my case today! Many thanks for the great support and help to Pexon, but especially to Davina to sort everything out. My first package was lost in the mail, the first time for me that something never arrived.

The case is really nice, the quality very good. It feels valuable, and i'm really looking forward to make my first 60% build. The packaging was also perfect, wrapped in a plastic air package. Here are some pictures i made right now:

I will go with this setup, a cheap 60% PCB, a cheap aluminum plate, and some very heavy switches (with 100g or 120g springs):

... ...

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1253 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:36:46 »
AWESOME! Glad we finally got it sorted out man, I HATE  it when things go missing. I will let Davina know you got it safe.

On a side note, really nice photos man

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1254 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:40:13 »
Thousand thanks for the great support!
... ...

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1255 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:45:24 »
Finished my 60% keyboard with this case. I really like the case, it feels very good - especially the grainy texture is very nice.

I used M2x6 screws:

As feet i cut out some photopolymer plates from work, which are perfect, because they are very very sticky, and the keyboard doesn't move a bit (the color is ugly):

The height is perfect, it seems that the case itself is on the ground:

And the complete build:

... ...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:36:56 »
Finished my 60% keyboard with this case. I really like the case, it feels very good - especially the grainy texture is very nice.

I used M2x6 screws:

Show Image

As feet i cut out some photopolymer plates from work, which are perfect, because they are very very sticky, and the keyboard doesn't move a bit (the color is ugly):

Show Image

The height is perfect, it seems that the case itself is on the ground:

Show Image

And the complete build:

Show Image

Nice one buddy! The keycaps really hit the spot ! Nice usage of the code key as well ;)
I too am looking for screws that would fit the case. May I ask how much were they ? I think I might need smaller or thinner ones tho.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1257 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:52:26 »
I paid about 7 € for 50 screws, but there are also cheaper ones available. I had these screws left from my first attempts of bolt modding of a Model M. Better would be maybe button heads than countersunk screws, but i had no problem with the countersunk screws. I ordered them in Germany: http://www.screwsandmore.de/en/HEXAGON-SOCKET-SCREWS/Countersunk-DIN-7991/DIN-7991-stainless-steel-A2/

Why would you need thinner ones? M2 fits perfect.
... ...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1258 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 15:04:12 »
I paid about 7 € for 50 screws, but there are also cheaper ones available. I had these screws left from my first attempts of bolt modding of a Model M. Better would be maybe button heads than countersunk screws, but i had no problem with the countersunk screws. I ordered them in Germany: http://www.screwsandmore.de/en/HEXAGON-SOCKET-SCREWS/Countersunk-DIN-7991/DIN-7991-stainless-steel-A2/

Why would you need thinner ones? M2 fits perfect.

I'll have a look around first. Maybe from the pictures it looks slightly bigger but maybe its the zoom.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1259 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 04:03:17 »
Vortex released some picture of the Poker 3 on their FB page and the case appears to be identical to these :D (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65569.0)  Although it's still early days and they could have simply used one of these since they had one handy, but I do think it will release with this case design.

From what I've seen, these are awesome cases, actually a bit jelly since my Pure Limited case looks rather poorly finished in comparison.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline acediac01

« Reply #1260 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 14:40:59 »
Pexon, thanks for taking care of me with the shipping issues, you and Davina are awesome! With the added weight of the case, my Poker 2 is even more of a pleasure to use! Now I just have to wait for my key caps to come in.

~Chris
Leopold FC200RT (browns) - Work
Poker II (browns) - Home

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1261 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 10:18:07 »
Thanks so much for the kind words Chris and thanks again to everyone who participated in making this a super smooth group buy! :D