Author Topic: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set  (Read 104852 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:49:00 »
Now! Just thought of this: the tide and backslash ( ~ and |\ ) keys could always be ordered in a large group to coincide with the amount of base sets in inverted colours. Everyone would get them with their sets guaranteed so they could choose which they wanted should the alternate mods (Orange on Charcoal) be dropped completely. Not that I've decided yet, but it's always a possibility. I would imagine it'd only add 2-3 bucks on top of the total.

Good Thinking! Please do that.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I think he was saying just add them to the base set, no need to separate it. Would just be 89 keys instead of 87. Or more even if you get some geekhack keys and "geek" and "hack" modifiers in addition to windows keys, or instead of.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Slavfot

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:03:20 »
I'm intersted in a baseset with iso, numpad and tsangan

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:21:13 »
Now! Just thought of this: the tide and backslash ( ~ and |\ ) keys could always be ordered in a large group to coincide with the amount of base sets in inverted colours. Everyone would get them with their sets guaranteed so they could choose which they wanted should the alternate mods (Orange on Charcoal) be dropped completely. Not that I've decided yet, but it's always a possibility. I would imagine it'd only add 2-3 bucks on top of the total.

Good Thinking! Please do that.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I think he was saying just add them to the base set, no need to separate it. Would just be 89 keys instead of 87. Or more even if you get some geekhack keys and "geek" and "hack" modifiers in addition to windows keys, or instead of.

That is exactly what I was saying.

Anywho, I have an form to get some numbers and determine what people want.

If you're interested in this set, fill this form out!

Offline Bim Gao

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:29:46 »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:37:08 »

That is exactly what I was saying.

Anywho, I have an form to get some numbers and determine what people want.

If you're interested in this set, fill this form out!

And that was exactly what I was celebrating.  Gimme that ol' 89 or 91 (plus numpad) keyset, please!

Form filled out.  Numpad two-tone vs. flat was ambiguous, IMHO.  I chose "flat" because I don't want an all-orange numpad.  But if "two-tone" means orange keys for (e.g.)  /, *, -, +, and Enter and charcoal 7, 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0, and ".", then I'd like a two-tone numpad.

Thanks and good luck keeping this constrained!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 15:48:50 »
But if "two-tone" means orange keys for (e.g.)  /, *, -, +, and Enter and charcoal 7, 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0, and ".", then I'd like a two-tone numpad.

That is exactly what I mean. I counted the Numbers on the Numpad as Alphas and the other keys as mods

Offline Permeability

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:10:35 »
I'm kind of confused by all the choices.. is the GB baseset the first picture on the first post?
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:23:54 »
I'm kind of confused by all the choices.. is the GB baseset the first picture on the first post?

Yes.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:38:26 »
That was a very confusing survey. I have to ask though pertaining to "Keep it cheap! Fewer options, more buying power!" If we have 2 options or 10 options how would we have any less buying power with 10 options?

Maybe 60% of the people can buy 2 options, 25% can buy say 4 options, and 15% can buy 10 options. Who would only having 2 options benefit? You would still have 100% of the people buying the 2 main options (most likely) and then 40% of the people still wanting to buy more even if it isn't at "the best price". More options isn't going to raise the price on anything.

Edit:
Also how do you make a tsangan or iso kit "two tone"?

The survey should have just said "This is the base set (show a picture) do you want Orange on Charcoal Modifiers for a simple/flat appearance: yes/no" and then similar questions for all the options.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:42:21 by danielucf »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #359 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:40:01 »
But if "two-tone" means orange keys for (e.g.)  /, *, -, +, and Enter and charcoal 7, 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0, and ".", then I'd like a two-tone numpad.

That is exactly what I mean. I counted the Numbers on the Numpad as Alphas and the other keys as mods

Magic!

Please update my interest to "two-tone" accordingly.  (I assume I cannot do that on *your* Google form.

Thanks for the clarification,

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
[IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:41:04 »
More options isn't going to raise the price on anything.

False - more options will raise the price

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:43:28 »
On what? If I buy a TKL set that is $60 how does my adding a tsangan kit for $27 make the TKL more than $60?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:44:41 »
That was a very confusing survey. I have to ask though pertaining to "Keep it cheap! Fewer options, more buying power!" If we have 2 options or 10 options how would we have any less buying power with 10 options?

Maybe 60% of the people can buy 2 options, 25% can buy say 4 options, and 15% can buy 10 options. Who would only having 2 options benefit? You would still have 100% of the people buying the 2 main options (most likely) and then 40% of the people still wanting to buy more even if it isn't at "the best price". More options isn't going to raise the price on anything.

We went over and over this topic in the CCnG thread, IIRC.  The counter-argument to the above is still that more options fracture the market.  Say I prefer option B to option A.  So if both are available I buy B and not A.  But if B was not available, I would buy A and be happy with it.  Having B available reduces the orders for A, and both end up in low tiers relative to where A would be without B.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
[IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:48:57 »
If you have 10 add on kits instead of 1 you will have 10 buyers of each instead of 100 buyers of one.  Rough example but you get the idea.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:54:48 »
I'm saying there should only be one addon kit, so don't do a dark charcoal addon kit then there is only one add on kit, and two tsangan kits. The dark charcoal addon kit was only mocked up due to a misunderstanding, and cherry dolch is going to be made eventually anyways. If people have such boners for dark charcoal and the patience of children for orange dolch then by all means do dark charcoal and eliminate the ability of having a flat set. I'll just do a group buy for what gets excluded and we will have two threads when we should have one.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:55:00 »
If you have 10 add on kits instead of 1 you will have 10 buyers of each instead of 100 buyers of one.  Rough example but you get the idea.
We went over and over this topic in the CCnG thread, IIRC.  The counter-argument to the above is still that more options fracture the market.  Say I prefer option B to option A.  So if both are available I buy B and not A.  But if B was not available, I would buy A and be happy with it.  Having B available reduces the orders for A, and both end up in low tiers relative to where A would be without B.

This is the EXACT reasoning I've been making it a point to keep fewer options.

Offline pasph

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 16:56:25 »
Alright then for anything that people want that will not be included in the group buy, I'll run a secondary group buy for. For instance a charcoal on orange number row, tsangan kits for all the mod colors, and tenkey mod kits. Going to wait for the final group buy before picking what I'll include.

Yes and maybe one more modifier kit (for ex. blue on charcoal)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:01:01 »
Are you planning to do dark charcoal yes or no?
Do you want people to be able to have a single color set of orange on charcoal (including mods) yes or no?

This is your group buy, make some decisions so people stop making suggestions.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #368 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:14:24 »
Are you planning to do dark charcoal yes or no?
Do you want people to be able to have a single color set of orange on charcoal (including mods) yes or no?

I had posted the suggestion for a single colour mod addon for only the 86 key set. The dark mods won't happen and that has been changed.

My point was to offer only the 86 key single colour mod addon and not have matching tsangan kits and the like was because having multiple options for an already small userbase of such addons would fragment them, raising the price.

This is your group buy, make some decisions so people stop making suggestions.

I made the decision to do as I posted above. It was suggested that I do matching addons kits. I said no and gave my reasoning. That point was argued against.

Nobody else made mention of matching addons for a single colour set, so they won't happen.

Clear thing up?

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:16:22 »

Yes.

Show Image

Okay I have no idea if I did it right then...I said "none" to "numpad"

All I want is the one you posted, the original, and the thing as far as base, but with (darker) charcoal modifiers

Offline Permeability

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:19:09 »
I filled out the doc for just a base set, thanks for running this GB, DarkShot!
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:20:02 »
I believe this is my only issue with letting this hang on as long as possible...we're going to go on forever with everyone putting in their two cents, some without reading the whole thread, and it's getting hard to follow what people are even suggesting. 

Let's just get the damn thing ordered already, and run a second GB for ANY variation...

This is the OCKC Group Buy, not the OCKCTKCMISONUMPAD Group Buy...

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:29:10 »
I filled out the doc for just a base set, thanks for running this GB, DarkShot!

Cheers. Just keep in mind this isn't the GB yet, this was a brainstorming and IC thread. It's done its purpose quite well too, and I'll leave it open so that people can drop a line to say they're interested.

All I want is the one you posted, the original, and the thing as far as base, but with (darker) charcoal modifiers

Numberpad is fine. None meant you didn't want one.

DarkER mods aren't happening.

Let's just get the damn thing ordered already,

Also not happening. Waiting on choosing the colours as I don't have the colour ring. When it's run, it'll be run.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:30:14 »
This is why interest checks are almost always a bad idea.  The ideal model is to decide beforehand what you're going to do and post an order thread.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:36:04 »
This is why interest checks are almost always a bad idea.  The ideal model is to decide beforehand what you're going to do and post an order thread.

And now I know.

Whoop whoop!

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:36:17 »

Also not happening. Waiting on choosing the colours as I don't have the colour ring. When it's run, it'll be run.

Yes, I'm a TKL user so that's why I assumed "none" to numpad, but then it seemed like you refereed to numpad as `~ through =+. 

Okay, so this:

Is the only color scheme that is going to be possible for the GB? 

And this:

is thrown out the window? 

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:38:04 by fl0w3n »

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:43:16 »

Yes, I'm a TKL user so that's why I assumed "none" to numpad, but then it seemed like you refereed to numpad as `~ through =+. 

Okay, so this:
Show Image

Is the only color scheme that is going to be possible for the GB? 

And this:
Show Image

is thrown out the window? 

The two that are in the OP.

The second one in your post is out for now.

And apparently I'm going back on my word relatively frequently today.

Locking the thread as to save from confusion.

It has been incredibly informative and will base the GB off a chunk of the feedback here which is what I wanted to do. Thanks to all who posted and have been interested.

If you have a question pertaining to the set, feel free to PM me in the meanwhile.

This WILL be run, expect to see an GB thread up within the next few weeks.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:45:07 »
My two cents...I think the grey set with orange mods as the default set and a dark grey addon would be a limited enough selection to still be successful.  I would think most buyers would get the base + dark grey addon.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 12:07:03 »
Hey all! Thought I'd make an update as things have been in the dark for a little while.

Just know, this hasn't been abandoned. I've had to set it on hold as time and finances have been slim pickings for me, so unfortunately for now, it's on hold.

On the brighter side of things, should this be held off until after the Cherry Replica font comes out, we could totally use it for that. Not saying that it will for sure, but as of right now I can't exactly afford the time and funds needed.

You're an awesome community so I hope you all can understand.