Author Topic: You know, in case you need a maybe-working iron curtain hall effect keyboard  (Read 4039 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Interesting, I didn't know Brno Arms made Hall effect switches that resemble the Honeywell ones too =o . The Testla MS1SS1 ones are known and obviously inspired by the Micro Switch version, but I didn't know the copied the Honeywell design too. Nice find!
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ebacho

Are these confirmed hall effect?  I roughly know the shape of the switch tops and how they work, but don't know much about the boards they're put into. Been thinking of adding one to my collection for a while.

Offline armatus

• Ergodox'n'Colemak
yes, it's surely hall effect switches
it has 4 pin
Code: [Select]
---
VCC (5V)
Signal1
Signal2
GRND
---
look at https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/converting-my-wang-t12379-60.html

if i'll done with altering mine 262.3 - i'll write about process

keycaps is really good!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
And here's one with all its caps (though for more dough).
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline joeym

and another one

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Are these confirmed hall effect?  I roughly know the shape of the switch tops and how they work, but don't know much about the boards they're put into. Been thinking of adding one to my collection for a while.
Yup, I've got one. Although it's a slightly different model. I did a video about it a while ago.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2016, 10:20:26 by chyros »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline orihalcon

I have one of these if anyone is interested.  Haven't looked into converting, but I've got to make some space around here.  Basically have only cleaned the caps.  Nice shape internally.  $80 shipped to the USA and it's yours and can of course send pics if wanted.