Author Topic: Another Northgate 101 at a better price  (Read 2961 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline lancre

Re: Another Northgate 101 at a better price
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 15:26:32 »
Yeah I saw this quite recently, unfortunately it's $130 shipping to the UK  :rolleyes: - looks in pretty good condition though. Kinda surprised it hasn't been snapped up already. I guess no-one has any money left before Christmas.

Realforce 104UW          Dell AT102W             NMB RT8255C+                   Omnikey Ultra-T

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 17:16:09 »
Untested and missing parts makes $70 a little high, but not unreasonable since this is the only model in true ANSI.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline juryduty

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 19:56:31 »
There seem to be a lot of these with missing labels.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 17:14:42 »
If you have a compatible cable (or can make one), and can source a reasonable replacement for the ALPS Esc key, this is a nice deal for a board that'd otherwise fetch well over $100.

There seem to be a lot of these with missing labels.

You're right, and I don't know why. Do they deteriorate? I've seen a couple of Northgates sold with laser-printed replacement logos (which the sellers mentioned up-front), and they looked fine to me. Some people require everything to be authentic, but the rest of us are primarily interested in how well stuff works.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 08:25:26 »
A straight male-male PS/2 cable will work there.

And the missing key cap is tilde/accent which is an easier replacement than Escape.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 15:07:21 »
A straight male-male PS/2 cable will work there.

Is that right? I thought it was something proprietary. Well, that's good to know. I have a NG somewhere around here with no cable, and had no idea when I'd get to try it. Thanks for pointing that out—you're as helpful as always.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 21:20:03 »
Some time back I made a series of posts saying that it would not work - even showed how to direct-wire a PS/2 cable from a donor board.

But it turned out that my male-male mini-DIN6 cable was bad and that was the actual problem.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 21:23:48 »
or just teensy it. usb modding solves all problems.