Author Topic: IBM SSK Industrial with raised silver on black badge  (Read 2568 times)

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: IBM SSK Industrial with raised silver on black badge
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 11:13:30 »
Missed a good deal..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 17:17:54 »
****ing hell you guys will do anything to get a less-functional keyboard won't you?! xD
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 20:45:16 »
****ing hell you guys will do anything to get a less-functional keyboard won't you?! xD

That's a good point about this particular board. It's not really suitable for gaming and too loud to use at most workplaces these days, and still kind of big. The odd time where I could actually use a Model M, I might only use it to utilize the numpad since I primarily use a compact TKL for every other purpose that's not number oriented, like gaming, graphic design, general web/desktop usage. I don't even really like typing that much on an M. It's cool for the first few minutes, then I realize how stiff and plasticy it feels and how much better the F is for typing. Even the MX Browns or linearized Black Alps feel better for long typing sessions to me than the M. My MX Browns boards all feel more solid than the M in actual typing. The M feels way more plasticy than my KUL or Varmilo, despite the fact that I would rather use the M as a weapon. The M is overrated as **** unless you plan on attacking someone with it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 20:51:34 by ThoughtArtist »