Author Topic: No one has my problem about LED's so I came here to find out. Also a PCB Q.  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Me

• Location: Niskayuna, Capital Reigon, NY State, US, North America, The Atlantic, Earth, The Sun's Solar System, The Milky Way, The Quadrant of the Universe that the Milky Way is in, the known Universe, the whole Universe, the theoretical Multiverse, this dimens
I am building my first mech(like I am actually building my first ever mechanical keyboard, I have never owned another before), and my budget is pretty limited. I have figured out pretty much all the parts but 2. Number one, I was thinking about getting the KBD75 rev 2.0 PCB, but then I came across another. The YMDK YMD75 PCB. I think that the latter has all the functions that I would need, but I wanted to make sure that it would be a good choice as oppose to the rev 2.0. Also, I am using a Kailh BOX switch, I don't know whether it well be Pale Blue or Navy, but I know that they will not fit 3mm LED's and can only fit 2x3x4 and 1.8mm by first putting in the leds, then the switches, and that they can also fit SMD's, but I could only find LED's in the color that I want, cyan, in 2x3x4 and 3mm, with the former being 26$ for 100 pcs! Is that expensive, and also, is it possible to have RGB LEDS for each key in the keyboard? Should I use SMD or THT(through hole technology)? Also, do any of the aforementioned PCB's have compatibility with SMD'S? I will be happy to take any information anyone has. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 09:57:12 by Me »
"In the end...the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine...Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..."

tp4, compendium of speed, 2015

Offline Me

• Location: Niskayuna, Capital Reigon, NY State, US, North America, The Atlantic, Earth, The Sun's Solar System, The Milky Way, The Quadrant of the Universe that the Milky Way is in, the known Universe, the whole Universe, the theoretical Multiverse, this dimens
plz im just a noob that needs answers!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 12:18:27 by Me »
"In the end...the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine...Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..."

tp4, compendium of speed, 2015