geekhack Community > New Members

Welcome new members!

(1/228) > >>

fartq:
First off, welcome to the world of keyboards. There are two things you will discover quite shortly about keyboards and keyboarding related accessories: first, they are a moneypit. Your money? all gone. Second, they are awesome; you will be poor but happy.

OK, LOGISTICS: you are currently a New Member. That means you can view nearly all of the forums, and post replies, including attachments and videos, in every forum. There are a couple forums you can't see, but no worries, they're a bit like spamalot; they are silly places where only silly things are done. At some point (currently 50 100 60 posts, but subject to change without notice), you will join the ranks of the Full Members, soldiers of fortune who are allowed to submit NEW topics to the classifieds and group buy forums.

TL;DR YOU NEED AT LEAST 25 POSTS AND 60 DAYS OF MEMBERSHIP TO POST NEW TOPICS IN CLASSIFIEDS & GROUP BUYS  :-*

HOWEVER: do not think that you should simply spam your way up the clacker ladder. Your keyboard, as you will soon learn, is a refined tool only meant for the purest of thoughts. If ye spam, we will delete. Instead, have fun, ask questions, comment on demik's flatulence, etc. in short, LURK LESS! we welcome your input.

SO THEN: Welcome to geekhack! Have fun clacking! (and sorry about your wallet :D)

P.S. WalletHack is REAL, read more about it here: Unhacking the wallet in 2015 - confessions of an addict (warning: long)

model-M:
How did you know I was spending a lot on keyboards?!  It is nice to know that I am not the only one spending too much money on keyboards.  I got obsessed with the model M very quickly.  It started when I ran a google search for linux keyboard.  Unicomp was basically all I came up with.  I got the classic 101, no Windows keys thank you, linux version with Caps Lock, Ctrl and Esc, ~ keys switched.  I now own several from Unicomp, and the original from clickykeyboards.   

fartq:
do a search for litster's or megnin's keyboard collection ;)

Djuzuh:

--- Quote from: model-M on Fri, 03 August 2012, 07:09:53 ---How did you know I was spending a lot on keyboards?!  It is nice to know that I am not the only one spending too much money on keyboards.  I got obsessed with the model M very quickly.  It started when I ran a google search for linux keyboard.  Unicomp was basically all I came up with.  I got the classic 101, no Windows keys thank you, linux version with Caps Lock, Ctrl and Esc, ~ keys switched.  I now own several from Unicomp, and the original from clickykeyboards.   

--- End quote ---

Because we all do.

MMB:

--- Quote from: DasHHKBProM on Mon, 06 August 2012, 21:59:14 ---Woohoo first Post I just bought a HHKB Pro2 and waiting for my brand new model M to come in the mail.
i got all my info from this website so i figure what the heck might as well join. :)

--- End quote ---

Dude, you skipped the beginner step and went straight to pro? That's just not the natural order of things....

But anyways.... welcome! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version