Author Topic: Antlion Modmic 4.0 Need help  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Poostar

Antlion Modmic 4.0 Need help
« on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 10:16:22 »
Just bought a antlion modmic on massdrop and it showed up yesterday. Having problems getting it to work though. I tried plugging it in the mic jack on both the back and front of my PC and i can not get it to register in my settings or even show up. I know the mic is not broken because when i plug it in to my Macbook it works. Currently using senhiesser 558's for a headphone and using razer kraken 7.1 headset but only using it as a mic. The krakens show up in my setting but it plugs in usb. Would a 3.5 female jack to usb solve my problems?

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
Re: Antlion Modmic 4.0 Need help
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 10:51:57 »
A 3.5mm to USB would probably fix the issue, but what you're saying suggests that there is a problem with the mic jacks on your computer. Do they work with other mics?

Offline Poostar

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:16:15 »
A 3.5mm to USB would probably fix the issue, but what you're saying suggests that there is a problem with the mic jacks on your computer. Do they work with other mics?

No i have never used the mic jack. This is a new build from a couple months ago. Link to my mobo >> http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4952#ov

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:11:33 »
I can't imagine it's pulling too much juice for the board. Since they've elected to not mark the panel on the back, are you sure you're plugging in to the correct port? Also, did you build the computer or have it built? It's possible the front ports aren't connected.

Either way, it's hard to tell from here, obviously. I would vote either something isn't hooked up right or something is wonky with the ports. It's either or.

Offline Poostar

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 15:34:27 »
I Built it, Front Usb works but like i said i have never used the mic jack before. My speaker out jack works fine. I am at a loss here. normally these kinds of things just work after plugging them in

Offline Joebroniee

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 21:39:10 »
Send it my way if it doesn't work for you. Just kidding. When you plug it in, does windows automatically pop up and let you know that a new item has been plugged into the the mic jack on the bottom right corner? if not i would want to check/enable to see if it even recognized. or disabled. Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline Poostar

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 09:50:28 »
Send it my way if it doesn't work for you. Just kidding. When you plug it in, does windows automatically pop up and let you know that a new item has been plugged into the the mic jack on the bottom right corner? if not i would want to check/enable to see if it even recognized. or disabled. Good luck and keep us posted.

It wont recognize it or even register that anything is plugged in. I had another friend suggest trying a sound card, probably going to look into that soon.

Offline poog

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:32:25 »
before buying anything maybe take it to a friend's house who has a mic jack you know works and see if it recognizes on that computer?

Offline Poostar

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 19:20:31 »
before buying anything maybe take it to a friend's house who has a mic jack you know works and see if it recognizes on that computer?

It works on my macbook