geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Dvorak/Colemak users?

(1/19) > >>

deductivemonkee:
Does anybody here use Dvorak or colemak? If so, why?
I'd like to hear opinions, as qwerty is getting tiresome.

katushkin:

--- Quote from: Deductivemonkee on Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:42:03 ---Does anybody here use Dvorak or colemak? If so, why?

--- End quote ---

I too am going to switch. I am thinking of moving to DVORAK in a change to what I said in the bothering you thread, because I think it's the easiest to work with ISO. And I really don't fancy getting rid of my Caps Lock.

I am wondering if it is good to have QWERTY in one place and DVORAK in another? As I don't know if I can change my Keycool to DVORAK  :))

Edit: the only problem I can see with it is not having the keysets to support the layouts :(

deductivemonkee:

--- Quote from: katushkin on Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:47:02 ---
--- Quote from: Deductivemonkee on Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:42:03 ---Does anybody here use Dvorak or colemak? If so, why?

--- End quote ---

I too am going to switch. I am thinking of moving to DVORAK in a change to what I said in the bothering you thread, because I think it's the easiest to work with ISO. And I really don't fancy getting rid of my Caps Lock.

I am wondering if it is good to have QWERTY in one place and DVORAK in another? As I don't know if I can change my Keycool to DVORAK  :))

Edit: the only problem I can see with it is not having the keysets to support the layouts :(

--- End quote ---

Keysets would be a big problem for me, because I have alps... Although if you stuck with qwerty keycaps you wouldn't be able to cheat and you could easily change it back to qwerty for friends who need qwerty and can't touch type.

deductivemonkee:
Huh. Didn't even notice that colemak didn't have caps lock. I might try Dvorak then.

vindaon:
All you have to do is remap Caps Lock back lol...

I use Colemak with Control mapped to the Caps Lock position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version