Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 960220 times)

Offline hyperlite218

Re: Suited Up Keycaps - HKD - Wizard's Emporium - Jan 18
« Reply #3600 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 16:50:24 »
I would love to have a Time-Turner from Harry Potter that way I could go back and enter in all of the raffles that I have missed before. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Time-Turner

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #3601 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 16:56:54 »
Since I'm a Lord of the Rings fan, I choose Bilbo's Mithril Shirt. http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bilbo%27s_Mithril_Shirt

"It was close-woven of many rings, as supple almost as linen, cold as ice, and harder than steel..."

Imagine the many uses of this thing, especially for the military/police if mass-produced. If it can stop a spear, it can probably stop a bullet!

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #3602 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 17:10:28 »
If I want to change my shipping address for the Lazer Keycaps can I do that here? Should I pm you or what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Offline modalsoul

« Reply #3603 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 17:57:53 »
I would like to possess Talaria, the winged sandals of Hermes, to view the world from above. Travel would be much easier as well  :))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talaria

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - HKD - Wizard's Emporium - Now Open
« Reply #3604 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:01:18 »
If I want to change my shipping address for the Lazer Keycaps can I do that here? Should I pm you or what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Please send me an email if you need to do that.

Offline PleaseBeMyFriend

• formerly honsoo
  • reddit /u/PleaseBeMyFriend
« Reply #3605 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:07:00 »
http://princeofpersia.wikia.com/wiki/Dagger_of_Time

So I can control time and not have to miss any raffles!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline neralo

« Reply #3606 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:19:00 »
I would like the Resurrection Stone from Harry Potter.

Somestimes I wonder if I'm doing the right things in my life, and would really llike a little bit of advice from my late grandma.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline lakluster

« Reply #3607 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:37:32 »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic... so while not magically imbued, I'd go with a Tardis.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/TARDIS

All of time and space at my fingertips. Would be fun.

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #3608 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:47:20 »
Opinion mode enabled: As much as I love these caps and have got in on the past sales (including Laser), I don't know that I'm a fan of this style of raffle going forward. I feel like I've got a 1 in 5 shot of getting the cap I want for $60, and then some colorways don't have all the sculpts I'm after, so I have to enter a bunch of side entries in hopes I get the right one out of those too.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the aspect of trading with people to get the colors you want and the surprise nature of blind boxes. This is nothing new, other artisans and Bambino have done this before and it can be great. But with everything being blind (within a colorway), unbalanced options per colorway (some only having 3 sculpts), many more overall options (Agent, more colors, etc) and prices (in general) creeping up, it turns something I should be excited for into more of a "meh, I probably wont get what I want" feeling. Having read some reactions on Slack/Discord, I don't seem to be the only one thinking this way either.

All that said, if I'm in the minority here I would understand and certainly step aside to let others take a shot at what they want. I just wanted to bring this up as constructive criticism because I really do enjoy SUK designs. Perhaps there's a very good reason for this style and overall it just makes things easier for SUK, and I'd understand and accept that completely. I just felt it was worth mentioning in case there are other options. So I wish everyone luck with this sale and sincerely hope you guys end up with what you want. P.S. The Violet is amazing, wish there was an Infernus of it! I love you Bambino, don't hurt me :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2018, 18:55:23 by SeedyOne »

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #3609 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:05:37 »
Opinion mode enabled: As much as I love these caps and have got in on the past sales (including Laser), I don't know that I'm a fan of this style of raffle going forward. I feel like I've got a 1 in 5 shot of getting the cap I want for $60, and then some colorways don't have all the sculpts I'm after, so I have to enter a bunch of side entries in hopes I get the right one out of those too.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the aspect of trading with people to get the colors you want and the surprise nature of blind boxes. This is nothing new, other artisans and Bambino have done this before and it can be great. But with everything being blind (within a colorway), unbalanced options per colorway (some only having 3 sculpts), many more overall options (Agent, more colors, etc) and prices (in general) creeping up, it turns something I should be excited for into more of a "meh, I probably wont get what I want" feeling. Having read some reactions on Slack/Discord, I don't seem to be the only one thinking this way either.

All that said, if I'm in the minority here I would understand and certainly step aside to let others take a shot at what they want. I just wanted to bring this up as constructive criticism because I really do enjoy SUK designs. Perhaps there's a very good reason for this style and overall it just makes things easier for SUK, and I'd understand and accept that completely. I just felt it was worth mentioning in case there are other options. So I wish everyone luck with this sale and sincerely hope you guys end up with what you want. P.S. The Violet is amazing, wish there was an Infernus of it! I love you Bambino, don't hurt me :thumb:

If I could limit to this to a certain sculpt or pay outright for a chance to get an invoice for the ones I want then I would be more inclined to join, but with it being so blind and my luck lately this is exactly where my thought process went as well. Good luck to those that entered.

Offline vitamingaugau

« Reply #3610 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:13:35 »
Hi mate,
Does it work for Topre switch?

Regards,

Offline Inquisitive

« Reply #3611 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:25:28 »
Crenshinibon- Also known as The Crystal Shard, is a sentient (and kind of an *******) artifact that hungers for power and glory in the Forgotten Realm universe. It enhances the power of it's wielder and has the unique ability to erect a massive crystal tower.

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #3612 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 20:41:00 »
Thanks for the GIVEAWAY!!!   :thumb:

I always dreaming about this bag.   http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bag_of_holding

A bag of holding was a small sack that acted as an opening to an extradimensional space. The space inside the bag could hold a huge amount of materials without increasing the weight of the bag.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2018, 21:04:26 by LiQuiDs »
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #3613 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 22:40:48 »
For the enchanted Item I'm going to have to pick the immovable rod.
When a certain action or word is said this rod is locked in place where it currently is. I could use it to pull myself out of bed in the morning using the word orangutan, or if something is going to fall on me lift it above my head and say the word and it would stop any large object from hitting me by deflecting it. All in all a pretty useful item, I could fashion it as a cane so it could go everywhere with me.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Immovable%20Rod#content

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #3614 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 23:36:16 »
I would like to posses the Sword of Truth weapon from Terry Goodkinds series of novels :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2018, 23:41:34 by Hazzula »

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #3615 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 00:07:38 »
I'll take the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. It gives the following power:
"the first mortal to come into physical contact with each being's respective item would become an Exemplar, possessing the power of the being who created the item they interacted with."

Well, what powers did Cyttorak possess?
- "virtually limitless strength and durability"
- "Cyttorak's magic has allowed Juggernaut incredible durability, even keeping him alive after being stripped to bare bones"
- "Cyttorak has demonstrated that he can create life from nothing, as he created an entire race of elves just to worship him"
- "that magical energies of Cyttorak could destroy a single universe"

Who else's artifacts are gonna let them create an entire race to worship themselves?  :))

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #3616 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 00:11:33 »
Han Solo's Dice - I'd want nothing more than to increase my chances of getting a hoseki blue keybuto out of this raffle. I mean this helped han solo get the millenium falcon..oh keybuto here we go!!!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo%27s_dice

Offline aspenc4

Suited Up Keycaps - HKD - Wizard's Emporium - Now Open
« Reply #3617 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 04:06:01 »
If I could have one item, it would be the Ring of Bureaucratic Wizardry -

http://www.thievesguild.cc/magic-items/magic-item?itemid=79

When a wizard casts any spell while wearing the ring, a sheaf of papers and a quill pen suddenly appear in his hand. The papers are forms that must be filled out in triplicate explaining the effects of the spell, why the wizard wishes to cast it, whether it is for business or pleasure, and so on. The forms must be filled out before the effects of the spell will occur. The more powerful the spell, the more complicated the forms become.

In exchange for a wizard stone and my choice of enchanted trinkets from the Emporium, I would offer the ring to the Grand Sorceress of the Tower to aid in her mage duels with the Grand Wizard.

Would I feel shame knowing I assisted in a fellow Wizards inevitable defeat? Certainly.  However, the luminescent glow of my newly acquired wizards stone would ease my conscience for the rest of my days. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AllieMinogue

« Reply #3618 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:30:18 »
I hereby praise to Your Holiness the Grand Sorceress of the Tower, may Your Holiness, on one of your occasions, bless me - a humbled geeksant of this geeniverse - with the possession of this 4-leaf clover, which is the only & unique existing charm that boosts empirical evidence of increasing chance of winning raffle and giveaways, which I would wave 7 times everytime I make an entry, and which I would reserve by the ritual of mummificaition sothat its chlorophyll remains eternally alive & its pedicle remains forever solid.
P/S: a Wizardstone [On/Off] would do anyhow.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:32:17 by AllieMinogue »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3619 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:39:41 »
I'd want the dark hand shield from the dark souls dark wraiths...

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/dark-hand

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #3620 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:56:33 »
I would like to possess the Gem of Immortality from Ultima.

http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Gem_of_Immortality

The name is obvious to what it does, but the idea of possessing the gem has far greater implications. Shattering the gem created an infinite amount of duplicate realms, having it in one piece would mean complete control over all dimensions.  Plus, it's a neat piece of trivia for anyone who has ever played an MMO and wondered why severs were called shards.
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #3621 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:51:15 »
Okay folks, 5 minute warning if you haven't put in an entry.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Holiday Key Drop - UNTOLD DEPTHS Now Open
« Reply #3622 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:53:28 »
Update: I closed the order form, thanks to all who entered! Unfortunately I won't be able to process the invoices today because I am being checked into the hospital. My appendix is not agreeable right now. I should be back to normal activities in a day or two after treatment, so invoices will have to wait till then. I haven't had to deal with a situation like this in relation to artisan making before, so please bear with me!

I do not expect this will have any effect on my plans to complete the Cyberlink Sale on time. I will keep you updated!

Please take care of yourself. Feel better, Bambino!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #3623 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:58:45 »
Update: I closed the order form, thanks to all who entered! Unfortunately I won't be able to process the invoices today because I am being checked into the hospital. My appendix is not agreeable right now. I should be back to normal activities in a day or two after treatment, so invoices will have to wait till then. I haven't had to deal with a situation like this in relation to artisan making before, so please bear with me!

I do not expect this will have any effect on my plans to complete the Cyberlink Sale on time. I will keep you updated!

That was two weeks ago.  I'm doing much better lately, thank you!

PS - The order form is closed.  Thanks for the great turnout everyone!  I will be getting invoices processed tonight and possibly into tomorrow.  I've also got a lot of reading to do with these giveaway entries... You guys found some really cool stuff!  I'll post the winners when the time comes.

<3

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #3624 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:59:51 »

PS - The order form is closed.  Thanks for the great turnout everyone!  I will be getting invoices processed tonight and possibly into tomorrow.  I've also got a lot of reading to do with these giveaway entries... You guys found some really cool stuff!  I'll post the winners when the time comes.

<3

Hit submit, Form closed, and then refreshed this page to see your comment. RIP
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - HKD - Wizard's Emporium - Closed
« Reply #3625 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 18:04:01 »

<3

Hit submit, Form closed, and then refreshed this page to see your comment. RIP

You even had an extra two minutes from my warning time  :'(  RIP

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #3626 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 18:07:26 »
Thank you for the sale! I may go broke... But I'll be broke and happy!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #3627 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 18:09:51 »
GL everyone!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #3628 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 20:31:25 »
Excited to see if I win! GL everyone! :)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3629 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 20:36:20 »
Thanks for the update Bambino. And GL everyone!

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #3630 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 20:38:22 »
Oh boy! Oh boy! OH BOY! Fingers crossed. Good luck all.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #3631 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 21:51:19 »
Wooooo!  Good luck all!  I love a good raffle and giveaway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #3632 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 01:06:07 »
Pretty excited for this one, good concept!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #3633 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 01:21:38 »
Okay, invoices are being sent.  Please double check your Paypal!

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - HKD - Wizard's Emporium - Invoiced
« Reply #3634 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 01:24:40 »
Ya boi got the SUK

Invoice

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3635 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 01:43:53 »

I am with you Seedy I am already semi turned off by the fact its a raffle.. I mean in reality I would like to see them do order form for 24hrs. Sure they get 400-500 orders.. the first time but after that it most likely taper down. I mean if it didn't sure its a lot of work but they make 30k.. for a single raffle at 60 dollars x500... assuming half went to supply/shipping.. thats still 15k.. or even 75% Thats still 7500 for a single raffle assuming 2-3 month turn around. Thats 625 dollars a week.. sure it be a full time job but a decent paying one..

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #3636 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 05:35:45 »
Opinion mode enabled: This is freaking awesome!!! Thank you Bambinooo! You are a Gosh darn frigging mind reader. I was very liberal and open in my choices. My top color way was selected and a vessel of Blindness. If a FF keybuto and a matching Turtle Neck happened to appear.... I wouldn't know how to contain myself. I mean..... Opinion Mode enabled reminder, Heck yeah I am excited.

Seriousness though. I understand that many people in here aren't happy with the raffle style. I get it. It is expensive and you aren't guaranteed what you are after should you win a raffle. That said, what you are buying is two fold. You are buying Bambinooo's time and unique pieces of art for your keyboard that you simply can't get anywhere else. You get access directly with the person who created your art. You are buying into an experience. It isn't for everyone and honestly, if I was making keycaps as a hobby, I wouldn't want them to go to just anyone. I would want my works of art going to homes where they will be loved and cherished for years to come. I am a bit of an unusual case, that being that I have no self control. I started buying my first custom keycap through MassDrop sometime ago last year. In the last 2 months, I have managed 15 keys or so and I may be having to buy a second keyboard to start placing my keycap art on to. I find it fun to see my keys coming from all corners of the world from Australia, Indonesia and Canada... I am hoping that some start coming from America so I can get my grubby hands on them quicker but it is all part of the experience. 

Thank You to all the Keycap Artisans out there for the quality work that you have shown through GeekHack. And thank you to the many great users, one in particular, like BrainFlush have helped guide me to where the quality is. And..... Thank you Bambinooo for sharing your time and expert craft skills with us.

Offline mdaly001

« Reply #3637 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 06:45:04 »
Thank you for everything you do!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #3638 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 09:11:03 »
Looks like that I missed again, but still got hope for the next sale :p :p :p

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #3639 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 10:01:44 »
Invoice paid, thank you for the sale!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #3640 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 10:06:55 »

Thanks for the comments.  Constructive feedback is always welcome.  The format of this sale was an experiment in some ways and not something I'd seen done by anyone else before.   I considered making the sale entirely blind, but in the end felt like giving more control is preferable to most people even if the work I have to do in fulfilling the orders goes up significantly.  Interestingly, I got zero comments about the last sale (Part 2) where it was all-random, and I got substantial feedback in sales last spring and summer for having an overwhelming number of choices, so this format was an attempt to find a happy middle ground that allows some degree of control.  It's a problem I've not found an ideal solution to... if anyone else is putting out 25-45 different colorways in a sale and has a better method, let me know!

In each sale I have to strike a rough balance between (a) having enough caps available to fill a fair number of the orders I receive, and (b) the work required to invoice and ship the orders without undue delays.  While this sale has been a great success by most measures, there's always room for improvement, and I'll likely be adjusting the balance in the future.  Thanks again for your support!

Hi mate,

Regards,

All of the keys in the sale are Topre compatible except for Snapper.

Offline lakluster

« Reply #3641 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 10:08:35 »
Invoice paid! So glad I got a spectral, they look awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #3642 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:22:02 »
Siiigh. Man had i known about artisans earlier i wudve joined armor up and bought the ones i liked. Bummed out lol. This kind of sale makes it harder if you're looking to get them from resellers. Hopefully prices wont go up to shishi/orochi tiers.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:38:50 by mousetrap00 »

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #3643 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:47:42 »

Thanks for the comments.  Constructive feedback is always welcome.  The format of this sale was an experiment in some ways and not something I'd seen done by anyone else before.   I considered making the sale entirely blind, but in the end felt like giving more control is preferable to most people even if the work I have to do in fulfilling the orders goes up significantly.  Interestingly, I got zero comments about the last sale (Part 2) where it was all-random, and I got substantial feedback in sales last spring and summer for having an overwhelming number of choices, so this format was an attempt to find a happy middle ground that allows some degree of control.  It's a problem I've not found an ideal solution to... if anyone else is putting out 25-45 different colorways in a sale and has a better method, let me know!

In each sale I have to strike a rough balance between (a) having enough caps available to fill a fair number of the orders I receive, and (b) the work required to invoice and ship the orders without undue delays.  While this sale has been a great success by most measures, there's always room for improvement, and I'll likely be adjusting the balance in the future.  Thanks again for your support!

Hi mate,

Regards,

All of the keys in the sale are Topre compatible except for Snapper.

One of my grievances with not just these sales but many other artisans' sales is that if someone wins, they almost always win as many caps as they wanted to buy. I don't know the exact formula of how winners are picked but this is what I've seen/experienced. Say I entered for 5 caps. Each of the caps should be a different entry in the pool of all entries, and so you'd have to get picked 5 times in order to win everything you ask for. I understand this adds a lot more work to ship all the caps but I think it's unfair with so few caps that they aren't more evenly distributed among people who wanted them. I think this would have been much more appropriate for small sales like part 1 and part 2 at least. Seeing someone offload their entire 3 cap win when they could have gone to 3 different homes in the first place is frustrating.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #3644 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 13:58:57 »
Sadness, no invoice for me, Weaver's Shroud looked so nice, but my wallet is grateful. So many keyboard things this month :D

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #3645 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 15:05:16 »
0 for 2 on the SUK Raffles, GG RNGesus... GG. Til next round.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #3646 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 18:42:58 »

Fantastic response, thanks for the detailed explanation! It makes perfect sense and I'm glad you're experimenting and trying new things. And I know it's impossible to make everyone happy all of the time but I'm sure we all appreciate that you're trying. Keep doin' what you do Bambino!  :thumb:

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #3647 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 05:17:06 »
I felt so bad after having to pull out of round one. Was disappointed that I didn't win a spot in round two. However... I am so happy I was able to get in on this raffle. The anticipation has me checking every morning now for updates. Bambinoo was super friendly during round one when I had to redo my entry for less caps should I have won. So this makes me on cloud 9.

Congrats on the sale and congrats to all who managed a win.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3648 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 16:57:07 »
No invoice. Congrats to all the winners!

Offline bjayswift

« Reply #3649 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 17:02:55 »
Wizardstone! So happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TX1800V2