Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 774363 times)

Offline Shados

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2750 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 00:46:23 »
If anyone cares, the nylon screws did NOT resolve my PCB issue.  I've either got a short somewhere else or my controller has a contact/solder problem.  I've put the board away for now.  I don't have the time or the interest to troubleshoot it right now.  This whole thing has just been a massive disappointment.

Nylon screws, or nylon washers? I've had one board where I couldn't manage to prevent the screw from shorting it despite using nylon washers, so if you're using them maybe try without the stabs at all just to confirm they are not the issue?

Offline Data

« Reply #2751 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 15:06:15 »
If anyone cares, the nylon screws did NOT resolve my PCB issue.  I've either got a short somewhere else or my controller has a contact/solder problem.  I've put the board away for now.  I don't have the time or the interest to troubleshoot it right now.  This whole thing has just been a massive disappointment.

Nylon screws, or nylon washers? I've had one board where I couldn't manage to prevent the screw from shorting it despite using nylon washers, so if you're using them maybe try without the stabs at all just to confirm they are not the issue?

Definitely screws.  Spamray sent me a few to try.  It had no discernible effect.  Just out of curiosity I also put some electrical tape around the screw holes and tried the original screws again, with obvious results.  Whatever the problem is, it's probably not coming from the stabs.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #2752 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:11:03 »
For those who have received their package, how long did you guys get the package after you got the tracking number? Was it always that slow?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2753 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:20:35 »
For those who have received their package, how long did you guys get the package after you got the tracking number? Was it always that slow?

POS malaysia. 10 days.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #2754 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:24:48 »
Wow then it's super weird that some people claim they got the tracking no showing things for like, a month?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2755 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:43:32 »
Wow then it's super weird that some people claim they got the tracking no showing things for like, a month?

Very possible airwaybills are swapped out and tracking doesn't work. I asked yuktsi why mine hasn't been moving yet, and clarified that it has and provided me with an updated tracking number. I'm not really sure if its the case for everyone but it could be.

A month is definitely too long of a wait honestly, even if you are quite a ways away from Malaysia.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:45:33 by Cerasis »

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2756 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 08:56:30 »

Very possible airwaybills are swapped out and tracking doesn't work. I asked yuktsi why mine hasn't been moving yet, and clarified that it has and provided me with an updated tracking number. I'm not really sure if its the case for everyone but it could be.

A month is definitely too long of a wait honestly, even if you are quite a ways away from Malaysia.

Being that I'm from Australia I'm really not that far from Malaysia at all (although I figure that doesn't really dictate how quickly a package will post). But yeah, the number was issued on the 28th of February and according to PayPal it is marked as shipped. However, my number shows "No record found" on POS Malaysia's tracking and nothing's turned up at my doorstep, soo..  :( I've just sent a PM to yuktsi so hopefully some light can be shed on the situation. For curiosity's sake, I had an alu bottom + poly bottom order, no keycaps.

Edit: yuktsi did reply to my PM. Now just awaiting investigation. Good man.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 12:06:22 by Moderate »

Offline tialdo

« Reply #2757 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 06:14:49 »
Still no word on shipping for an alu bottom order. No response to anything.

**** it. I'm out.

Anyone want my EXENT? You can have it for free. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm getting out of the hobby all together. If you know me, you know what I got, hit me up if you want it. For the rest of you, keep an eye on r/mechmarket for the motherload of all sales.

Damn man, you are my inspiration, making me go into this hobby further...

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2758 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 06:41:52 »
main GB runner MIA for three whole months.

sigh

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2759 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 14:24:48 »
My comment got removed wtf? Annoying af.

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #2760 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 02:09:05 »
I just got a message back from Yuktsi, he should have the key caps by today and so the premium kits should head out soon enough now.

He is the true saviour of this GB. He’s run his own GB and probably has a day job but has still made time to reply to messages and bring this back on course.

Here’s hoping there are no more dud PCBs!

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline mike873

« Reply #2761 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 06:42:18 »
I'll second that, Yuktsi has stepped up. I still wish communication was better, but I can imagine it's a lot to deal with.

I just got a message back from Yuktsi, he should have the key caps by today and so the premium kits should head out soon enough now.

He is the true saviour of this GB. He’s run his own GB and probably has a day job but has still made time to reply to messages and bring this back on course.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2762 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 12:07:51 »

Being that I'm from Australia I'm really not that far from Malaysia at all (although I figure that doesn't really dictate how quickly a package will post). But yeah, the number was issued on the 28th of February and according to PayPal it is marked as shipped. However, my number shows "No record found" on POS Malaysia's tracking and nothing's turned up at my doorstep, soo..  :( I've just sent a PM to yuktsi so hopefully some light can be shed on the situation. For curiosity's sake, I had an alu bottom + poly bottom order, no keycaps.

Edit: yuktsi did reply to my PM. Now just awaiting investigation. Good man.

I'm in the exact same situation with the same order...  Can you update when you hear more?  I don't want to inundate yuktsi with more PMs.  Thanks!   :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2763 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 13:23:44 »

thanks so much for getting info on the update, i cant remember what kit i even ordered but i think it was premium so fingers crossed, still super stoked on this board
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2764 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 19:36:50 »
Received my basic kit with alu bottom yesterday. Dark grey. Too dark.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2765 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 19:50:39 »

Glad to hear you've finally got yours, but sad to hear that the grey is too dark for you. From the photos I've seen I can see where you think that. I always mistaken photos of a dark grey Extent as a black Extent.

I ordered a dark grey Exent but later changed my mind and asked Juahenza for black. He said he could change it for me but that was so long ago and now that he's gone I'm not sure what I'll get. Since there isn't much difference I'll probably be happy with the color either way lol.

« Reply #2766 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 20:47:31 »
Did you ever get a tracking number that worked?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

« Reply #2767 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 20:52:34 »
Glad to hear you've finally got yours, but sad to hear that the grey is too dark for you. From the photos I've seen I can see where you think that. I always mistaken photos of a dark grey Extent as a black Extent.

I ordered a dark grey Exent but later changed my mind and asked Juahenza for black. He said he could change it for me but that was so long ago and now that he's gone I'm not sure what I'll get. Since there isn't much difference I'll probably be happy with the color either way lol.

Still waiting on a Black Premium. This Basic kit came with a Black alu bottom, I will upload a picture of the black on the grey for comparison and you can see them side by side. I think the Dark Grey in this case just looks like a black with a little more depth to it. I am sure regardless of which you get you will be happy as well.

Did you ever get a tracking number that worked?

I think I got a tracking number at some point but I don't think I ever bothered to check whether it worked or not. If it was a link I probably clicked on it, but don't recall if it had worked or not if that was the case.

Offline Dylan

« Reply #2768 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 11:20:49 »
Can we get one freaking update from the runners? Like seriously.

« Reply #2769 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 11:36:13 »
Yeah I've had a tracking number since February 27th and it still doesn't actually work. I'd love any kind of update.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2770 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 12:44:06 »

I pm'ed yuktsi for an update on Sunday 4/1 and was told I'd get one Thursday, and now being asked to wait until Monday. So maybe then? No idea... juahenza still offline since 2/07. If yuktsi weren't around there'd probably be a lot more outrage.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #2771 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:55:12 »

Got my kit, thanks yuktsi!
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2772 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 23:02:54 »
Show Image

Whoa, a premium kit in the wild!!! Did you ever get a tracking number?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2773 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 23:03:34 »
Show Image

Oh ****, the keyset actually exists!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2774 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 23:23:29 »
Man i hope my keyset ships soon :(
Really wanna transfer my nautilus to my novatouch, so i can use both boards.

Offline mike873

« Reply #2775 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 23:49:50 »
My purple kit arrived.

A few observations:
- It arrived!
- Looks pretty great.
- The foot adds a fair amount of weight which is welcome.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2776 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 07:29:22 »
Looking if there will be any extras. Good to see that yuktsi is helping this buy immensely despite juahenza's disappearance.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2777 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 07:31:27 »
Damn, just waiting in excitement to get a tracking number already!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2778 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 14:00:18 »

So far as I can tell the tracking numbers haven't panned out for anyone that has received anything, I wouldn't put much stock in one, your board will likely show up without you having been able to track it

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2779 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 14:36:59 »

So far as I can tell the tracking numbers haven't panned out for anyone that has received anything, I wouldn't put much stock in one, your board will likely show up without you having been able to track it

So you never even receive notification it has shipped through paypal or anything? It just shows up?

« Reply #2780 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 14:52:05 »
So you never even receive notification it has shipped through paypal or anything? It just shows up?

I never checked any tracking info I ever received, or if I ever did I've forgotten if it worked or not, but other people have been saying that their tracking information hasn't been working, and stuff has been starting to show up regardless so it's likely you will get your board before you have any success with tracking.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2781 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 15:21:38 »

Glad to see this! I've been aware that Yuktsi had the kits but I hadn't seen one in the hands of a customer (though I know you're relatively local) yet, I'm happy things are moving along.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2782 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 00:17:10 »
So, astonishingly, people are getting their kits? So when can we start bringing up the polycarbonate bottoms again? I have zero hope that this group buy will follow through on its promise to deliver replacement bottoms but, hey, apparently kits have actually been delivered recently, and also I guess pigs are flying, so I might as well ask?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #2783 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 00:23:27 »
So, astonishingly, people are getting their kits? So when can we start bringing up the polycarbonate bottoms again? I have zero hope that this group buy will follow through on its promise to deliver replacement bottoms but, hey, apparently kits have actually been delivered recently, and also I guess pigs are flying, so I might as well ask?
Keep me in the loop too!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2784 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 06:15:36 »
Keep me in the loop too!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
+1 here
But let them enjoy their kits before, only one received it and it seems he's close to yuktsi

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2785 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 13:37:49 »

I'm really hoping mine will be here soon (fellow Portlander!).  Tracking not working, no boxes on doorstep... I ordered a basic kit with an aluminum bottom added.  I'll be sure to post when I get mine.  Glad to hear these are arriving!   :thumb:  Hoping PCBs are working on arrival.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2786 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 18:56:44 »
I'm really hoping mine will be here soon (fellow Portlander!).  Tracking not working, no boxes on doorstep... I ordered a basic kit with an aluminum bottom added.  I'll be sure to post when I get mine.  Glad to hear these are arriving!   :thumb:  Hoping PCBs are working on arrival.

Also a fellow Portlander, also waiting and have never received tracking or any notice on my premium kit.

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #2787 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:32:04 »

Also a fellow Portlander, also waiting and have never received tracking or any notice on my premium kit.

Not from Portland but I haven’t received tracking or any info either. Also have a premium kit. Fingers crossed when I get home from work everyday that it will be on my steps lol.
  ///    /// 

« Reply #2788 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:39:59 »
Just to clarify (Portlander) I have not received my premium kit and none of my tracking info was checked and may not have worked at all, I have only received my basic kit.

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2789 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 20:51:21 »
Just to clarify (Portlander) I have not received my premium kit and none of my tracking info was checked and may not have worked at all, I have only received my basic kit.

premium kit +1
no any tracking info

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #2790 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 11:43:33 »
Samesies. I'm here in Toronto twiddling my thumbs. I can feel the day approaching...

Black premium w/ Aluminum & Polycarb.

Offline krispy

« Reply #2791 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 11:52:47 »
Hi Yuktsi, Do you know when premium kits with caps + polycarb bottom are going out?

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #2792 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:02:48 »
anyone know if it's possible to use costar stabilizers on this ?

I waited until after I soldered all my switches in, to install the stabs - so costar seems like my only option.

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2793 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:03:51 »

I waited until after I soldered all my switches in, to install the stabs - so costar seems like my only option.

Better get desoldering.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2794 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 12:02:52 »

Literally the only stabs it accepts are PCB mount.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2795 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 13:35:35 »

Pray for six_chains

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #2796 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 13:48:50 »
fml.  :confused:

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2797 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 14:13:24 »
Great to see kits arriving on this again, haven’t been able to get in contact with anyone involved to check on the questions I posted in this thread, but I’d rather the available time was spent getting things out to people than messaging me anyway

Really looking forward to seeing this in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2798 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 17:36:11 »
Great to see kits arriving on this again, haven’t been able to get in contact with anyone involved to check on the questions I posted in this thread, but I’d rather the available time was spent getting things out to people than messaging me anyway

Really looking forward to seeing this in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it's not entirely clear that kits really are arriving. There is, like, one isolated case.

« Reply #2799 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 18:22:42 »
Actually it's not entirely clear that kits really are arriving. There is, like, one isolated case.

Three kits on this page alone.