Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 773514 times)

Offline Marvellion

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2950 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 03:26:53 »

Are you using screw-in stabs? I believe a workaround was discussed a few pages back.

Nope, the board is still fully unbuilt and I'm just using a tweezer and holtites to test it. The whole column is unresponsive unfortunately.

Edit: I managed to fix the board, the MCU is rotated on the PCB so its different from the MCU Diagram, whoops. My ROW4 pin was not soldered and now its fine.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 05:13:30 by Marvellion »

Offline codywanks

« Reply #2951 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 05:04:36 »

Are you using screw-in stabs? I believe a workaround was discussed a few pages back.

Nope, the board is still fully unbuilt and I'm just using a tweezer and holtites to test it. The whole column is unresponsive unfortunately.

PM'ed you.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2952 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:05:29 »
Welcome back Cody! I really appreciated the updates you gave us last time, so it's good to see you again.

There are a couple TGR GBs lined up over the next few months, obviously I can't say how the revenue will be utilised, but earning some extra $ can't hurt at this point.

This kinda concerns me. If one of the biggest problem with Exent progress is lack of manpower then other GBs getting in the way isn't going to improve things. But at least we know to expect that now, so thanks for the heads up.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #2953 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 11:27:50 »
I got a PM from Yuktsi out of the blue saying my Exent had been picked up this morning. He gave me a new tracking number too.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2954 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 03:33:09 »
I got a PM from Yuktsi out of the blue saying my Exent had been picked up this morning. He gave me a new tracking number too.

I also just received an email from Yuktsi saying my Exent had been picked up as well and got a tracking number. (!!)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2955 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:12:56 »
Still nothing yet for me. Hopefully soon...
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2956 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 20:42:10 »

I also just received an email from Yuktsi saying my Exent had been picked up as well and got a tracking number. (!!)

Could you share the kit whether is premium or basic ?

Still nothing yet for me. Hopefully soon...
Me either, gray premium kit

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #2957 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 21:37:43 »
I got a separate tracking code yesterday for the keycaps (the exent keyboard itself was self collected a few weeks back). Expecting to receive the keycaps today or the next working day (monday).

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2958 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 02:03:40 »

Could you share the kit whether is premium or basic ?

Premium kit, gray.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #2959 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 04:06:23 »
Mine's a basic kit with alu bottom
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2960 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:13:53 »
Also received (and it was active effective immediately on pos Malaysia's site) my tracking for my premium kit a while back.

Offline wtzll

« Reply #2961 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:31:59 »
Got a PM from yuktsi with Tracking as well!
5975:JP

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2962 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 11:59:52 »
Nice to see so much activity! Has anyone who had PayPal issues had their board shipped or received? Like for a while my PayPal money was locked until Juahenza sent me something, so I got stickers as a temporary fix/loophole. Had anyone in that situation had board activity? I'm not sure how Yuktsi is keeping up with sent boards so I want to make sure my info is good.

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #2963 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 00:07:43 »
GMK Amos (Grey on black legends, extra esc and enter with black on red color)

Just realized that the keycaps set does not come with stepped caps lock and some 1u bottom row, did not take those into consideration while having the keyboard switches soldered the first time around. But thats okay since im going to desolder the zealios switches with tealios in near future and will make proper adjustments to the switches location.

My first time using zealios and TBH i dont get the hype surrounding the switches haha. But I heard good stuffs about the tealios even from the guys who i trusted that have the same opinion as i am on the zealios.  Also, I will be changing the stabs from zeal screw in stabs to genuine cherry pcb mount stabs. The PCB has issues with screw in stabs and currently the stabs are not tightly screwed to prevent any potential problems. Besides, zeal stabs are mushy :/

*yes, the norbatouch at the back uses stock keycaps  :'( waiting for hyperfuse origins lol*
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 May 2018, 00:30:12 by g_ken92 »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2964 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 19:59:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

Just realized that the keycaps set does not come with stepped caps lock and some 1u bottom row, did not take those into consideration while having the keyboard switches soldered the first time around. But thats okay since im going to desolder the zealios switches with tealios in near future and will make proper adjustments to the switches location.

My first time using zealios and TBH i dont get the hype surrounding the switches haha. But I heard good stuffs about the tealios even from the guys who i trusted that have the same opinion as i am on the zealios.  Also, I will be changing the stabs from zeal screw in stabs to genuine cherry pcb mount stabs. The PCB has issues with screw in stabs and currently the stabs are not tightly screwed to prevent any potential problems. Besides, zeal stabs are mushy :/

*yes, the norbatouch at the back uses stock keycaps  :'( waiting for hyperfuse origins lol*

Wait, are those the only caps that comes with the premium sets?

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #2965 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 20:33:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yes, along with some space keys as is laid out in the first post showing the set.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2966 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 20:52:01 »
It's still beyond me how the keyset doesn't cover all the keyboard layouts... Oh well.

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #2967 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 20:57:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

yes, and the blank 1.25, 2.25, 2.75 hidden at the back of the tray, as per the keyset pic in the first OP post

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2968 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 21:44:28 »
It's still beyond me how the keyset doesn't cover all the keyboard layouts... Oh well.

Funny too because the mockups showing the different color options have a mocked up version of the keycaps which include a stepped caps lock.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2969 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 07:29:10 »

Funny too because the mockups showing the different color options have a mocked up version of the keycaps which include a stepped caps lock.

I dun goofed and assumed that this has stepped caps as well. Must've missed out on an update or two some time back about the keyset specifically.

Oh well...

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2970 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 14:29:09 »

I dun goofed and assumed that this has stepped caps as well. Must've missed out on an update or two some time back about the keyset specifically.

Oh well...

This GB just keeps getting better and better..

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2971 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 15:13:09 »

What do you mean? The keys offered were and are shown on the first page, first post, 3 or something images down. If people didn't realise it didn't cover every possible layout that's entirely on them, it's understandable one may undergo such a lapse but out of everything you can rightfully complain about regarding the way this was handled, the contents of the GMK set are absolutely not it. Does anyone see a stepped caps lock? No. Same goes for the other "missing" keys.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2972 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 17:10:03 »

What do you mean? The keys offered were and are shown on the first page, first post, 3 or something images down. If people didn't realise it didn't cover every possible layout that's entirely on them, it's understandable one may undergo such a lapse but out of everything you can rightfully complain about regarding the way this was handled, the contents of the GMK set are absolutely not it. Does anyone see a stepped caps lock? No. Same goes for the other "missing" keys.

I think you’re on a different page, tonally, than we are—we were just saying it’s silly that the keycaps set doesn’t cover the layouts the board can do (which I think is true), not they they’re in the wrong for doing so or that we were mislead.

My comment about the stepped capslock was just trying to make light of the fact that all the mockups of the keyboard and GMK set show it.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2973 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 17:23:29 »
I think you’re on a different page, tonally, than we are—we were just saying it’s silly that the keycaps set doesn’t cover the layouts the board can do (which I think is true), not they they’re in the wrong for doing so or that we were mislead.

My comment about the stepped capslock was just trying to make light of the fact that all the mockups of the keyboard and GMK set show it.

I understood your comment as well as everyone else's, I was specifically referring to gumeraser apparently sounding surprised that this is the case - lack of compatibility the set suffers from (which I agree is bad by design) was discussed both during IC as well as at least once early on the GB before it ended, which is why I'm kinda confused that someone says "wow as if this could be even worse lmao".

That directly implies that person was either not aware of the situation beforehand in my book, rather than stating it's silly that that's the case; maybe he worded it poorly, but that's the only interpretation to take away from what was said and I felt it was relatively distasteful considering the direction was looking to take (eg. more people popping up complaining and saying the sets are missing keys when they're not), hence my comment for clarification's sake.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2974 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:47:19 »
Ah I'm an idiot, I could have sworn I remembered there being a stepped capslock here:

Memory's fuzzy since its been like a year since I've seen that mock up. Either way I apologize and take back my comment. I'm just looking for anything to b***h about since I've been waiting for this thing for months without any idea when and if I'll get my board and what condition it'll be in.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2975 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 23:39:40 »

I understood your comment as well as everyone else's, I was specifically referring to gumeraser apparently sounding surprised that this is the case - lack of compatibility the set suffers from (which I agree is bad by design) was discussed both during IC as well as at least once early on the GB before it ended, which is why I'm kinda confused that someone says "wow as if this could be even worse lmao".

Ah, my bad, I didn’t even notice that reply. I see where you’re coming from.

Offline Shados

« Reply #2976 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 01:46:38 »
I've lost track in this giant drama snowball of a thread, but has anyone received a blue unit yet?

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2977 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 04:47:29 »
No more tracking? Mine is premium kit.  Invoice number is Shipping-061.
Somehow i can not PM yuktsi.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2978 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 04:52:45 »
a kit someone asked for me to build and had shipped direct to me arrives in about an hour to my place, my order hasnt shipped yet but cant wait to finally see this in person, will post pics once i have it together etc, glad to see they are still coming out
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #2979 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:17:32 »
I've lost track in this giant drama snowball of a thread, but has anyone received a blue unit yet?

Would also like to know as mine will be blue as well .. (I have shipping no. 005)

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #2980 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 07:09:41 »

Would also like to know as mine will be blue as well .. (I have shipping no. 005)

I have a tracking number for my blue one, it seems to be on it's way at least.

« Reply #2981 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 07:49:13 »

According to the tracking my blue one is arriving today. I'll post some pictures later tonight.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

« Reply #2982 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 21:11:58 »
Blue Exent arrived today and despite the wait overall I'm pleased. The blue anodizing looks top notch, though a little more teal than expected. The silver bottom has a couple of dings (shown in the close up pictures) and some striations all the way across but since it's the bottom I'm not overly concerned.

As with just about everyone else I didn't get the stabilizers I order but I'm not going to lose any sleep over them.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2983 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 21:33:07 »
Does anyone here know how / where to find tutorial on how to program the exent? I tried using Catweewee's guide on github. But I'm having issues with the board. Certain rows are working and not working. Then when I tried to use the firmware from winkeyless.kr other keys worked and the ones that did before stopped....anyway, since I am used to QMK, I'm abit lost here.  :confused:

Update: The issue was my screw in stablizers.....fixed it by using washers and all is good. Typing this update on my exent!

I will be posting a typing test video later as well. If anyone is interested I also live streamed my build today.

https://twitch.tv/dead_encryption

or

https://youtube.com/deadencryption

In case anyone wants to check out the vods!
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 22:12:54 by Dead Encryption »

Offline tialdo

« Reply #2984 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 21:44:35 »
Great news, hope mine order get the tracking number soon! My invoice number is 0189 though. ;D. Godspeed to you guys!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2985 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 06:45:19 »
Great news, hope mine order get the tracking number soon! My invoice number is 0189 though. ;D. Godspeed to you guys!

I think we've more or less debunked the theory that boards are being shipped in order of invoice number. So keep hoping!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2986 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:27:42 »
Oh
My
****ing
God

I think I just got notification of tracking number. I don't recognise the invoice, but I'm not really expecting anything else so this must be it...

Offline Shados

« Reply #2987 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 21:06:21 »
Blue Exent arrived today and despite the wait overall I'm pleased. The blue anodizing looks top notch, though a little more teal than expected. The silver bottom has a couple of dings (shown in the close up pictures) and some striations all the way across but since it's the bottom I'm not overly concerned.

Thanks for the pics. Looks close enough to the expected colour, now if only mine would ship...

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2988 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 22:39:02 »
I just got a tracking number update. Wow. Wowowowow.

Offline aya3154

« Reply #2989 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 01:02:10 »

As with just about everyone else I didn't get the stabilizers I order but I'm not going to lose any sleep over them.
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Oh my, that looks pretty  :cool:

Offline eddible

« Reply #2990 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:10:49 »
Oh
My
****ing
God

I think I just got notification of tracking number. I don't recognise the invoice, but I'm not really expecting anything else so this must be it...
I really hope this means mine won't be far behind!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2991 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 09:37:45 »
Oh
My
****ing
God

Spoke too soon, the tracking number doesn't show up in 17 track or on UPS's main site itself, hopefully that just means it hasn't been picked up yet

Gonna refrain from holding my breath until it actually gets here

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2992 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 10:45:25 »
Spoke too soon, the tracking number doesn't show up in 17 track or on UPS's main site itself, hopefully that just means it hasn't been picked up yet

Same for mine. My tracking number doesn't work in UPS either. I think you're probably right about them not being picked up yet; that was my assumption too.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #2993 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:01:09 »

Same for mine. My tracking number doesn't work in UPS either. I think you're probably right about them not being picked up yet; that was my assumption too.

Oh
My
****ing
God

Sorry, the board was shipped using Aramex. Send me a PM if the tracking is still not working.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2994 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:09:16 »

Oh
My
****ing
God

Sorry, the board was shipped using Aramex. Send me a PM if the tracking is still not working.

Thanks for checking in Yuktsi!   Seems like shipping has ramped up.  Thanks for all you're doing to keep this GB moving.  Still no movement on my order from what I can tell (feel free to PM me if it's shipped and I missed something).  Take care and good luck finishing this GB up!
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:17:04 by MaNiFeX »

Offline eddible

« Reply #2995 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:10:22 »

Oh
My
****ing
God

Thanks for checking in Yuksti!   Seems like shipping has ramped up.  Thanks for all you're doing to keep this GB moving.  Still no movement on my order from what I can tell (feel free to PM me if it's shipped and I missed something).  Take care and good luck finishing this GB up!
Same for my order if you have anything specific to share - hopefully this is the last flurry?

Offline demorior

« Reply #2996 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:24:22 »

Oh
My
****ing
God

Hi Yuktsi, any updates on replacement polycarbonate bottoms?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2997 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 15:58:53 »

Oh
My
****ing
God

Hi Yuktsi thanks for checking, for some reason 17track doesn't seem to work with Aramex. I can confirm now using Aramex's site that the tracking is updating normally.

Hopefully gets here soon. Thanks for picking up the slack on this GB.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2998 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 18:38:46 »
Can’t believe I’m finally saying this: My Exent arrived today. Premium kit, gray. No cracks in bottom, all LEDs work and no other PCB issues I could find. Finish on the gray looks great, glad they redid them. Looking forward to building it on a stream soon!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #2999 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 05:21:06 »
Can’t believe I’m finally saying this: My Exent arrived today. Premium kit, gray. No cracks in bottom, all LEDs work and no other PCB issues I could find. Finish on the gray looks great, glad they redid them. Looking forward to building it on a stream soon!

Show Image

Just paid my 50 bucks customs bill for this... Fingers cross that there are no cracks or PCB issues either