Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 197050 times)

0x6d, Dylan and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TerryMathews

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2350 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 15:44:13 »
My guess is you're shorting the bootloader key, which is the "top left key in the matrix". I can check tonight, but it'd likely be ESC or l_ctrl.

Control has so many pads, I'd check there first. Have a multimeter?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2351 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 16:48:23 »
My guess is you're shorting the bootloader key, which is the "top left key in the matrix". I can check tonight, but it'd likely be ESC or l_ctrl.

Control has so many pads, I'd check there first. Have a multimeter?

Yeah I've got a multimeter. What am I looking for? It's supposed to be LCRTL for the Exent, as far as Catweewee's guide says.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2352 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 17:27:30 »
Put it in continuity mode and see if the upper and lower pins show continuity. Without the switch depressed, they shouldn't.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2353 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 19:04:24 »
Put it in continuity mode and see if the upper and lower pins show continuity. Without the switch depressed, they shouldn't.

Upper and lower pins...I want to be certain I'm doing the right thing. Can you circle on my PCB image what I need to be checking continuity between?

Oh wait I read that wrong. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. I already have checked that, no continuity error on any switch.

I just rechecked every one of them. No shorted switches. What else can I look for?
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 February 2018, 19:14:43 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2354 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 19:25:39 »

Anyway, I think this should be the firmware you want https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/releases/tag/V1.4.0

Which one of those zip files? And split or not split?

Couple new pieces of information.

- From the third zip file in the link in that quote, firming my pcb up with the ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex file breaks the exent so badly I have to restart my computer for even my other keyboard to start working again.

- Reflashed exent with the firmware in the Exent-bootmapper-master folder given to us by catweewee. Back to mostly broken but not computer-breaking order.

- Realized that when I plug the exent in to my compute, it outputs the ESC key. Actually it outputs the row/col data for the escape key, but basically when I plug the Exent in it thinks the escape key is pressed down.

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 February 2018, 21:42:41 by PancakeMSTR »