Author Topic: [IC]60% small mechanical keyboards & DIY kits: 61-key, 62-key, 64-key (Update)  (Read 16997 times)

Offline ingeniousmonkey

• Custom RGB backlit mechanical keyboards
 4 kinds of 60% small mechanical keyboards: http://www.pc-100.com/portfolio/small-60-mechanical-keyboard-full-rgb-programmable-smart-custom/

Different layout: 61-key poker layout; 62-key with dedicated arrow keys; 64-key with dedicated arrow keys
Different  hot swappable switches ( MX-based switches or optical mechanical switches )can be chosen.
Full RGB backlit
Smart driver software for multiple programmable layers

The group buy will come soon.(More kinds of buy choices: pre-assembled finished products, custom kits, DIY PCB...)
 Are you interested in them?

Update news:
The group buy will begin on September 5.

GBstarts.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 20:43:03 by exitfire401 »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: igk64 64-key small mechancial keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 10:39:10 »

Offline raxander

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 17:29:27 »
I'm definitely interested in a 60% with hot-swappable switches that fits in a standard 60% case. 

A few questions:
How much will they sell for in USD?  What site will they be sold from, or is it a group buy?  Will they fit standard 60% cases (GK64 does not iirc because the screws are in different places)?  How is the hot-swap implemented?  Are they holtites?  How does it differ from the GK64 that KBDFans is selling now?  Will it be compatible with QMK or only specific software for that PCB? 

Thanks!

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 09:09:34 »
MonkeyKing Custom will start the group buy in 2 weeks, and the price will be quite good. You will know it  very soon. :)  On this web page, you also can see the the item's feature details.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 09:43:33 »
hot swappable mx-based switches: pluggable PCB board with switches socket
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 09:45:28 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline michaeljanderson

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 12:08:02 »
I'm new to this stuff so I have a couple of questions.

1. When should I expect to see a menu of products being offered with pricing?

2. How long will the buy in period run? How long after the buy in period should we expect the products to be delivered?

3. I think I'm interested in a kit. I'm handy with a soldering iron, I've done quite a bit of RC car stuff and some light electronics work, but will there be anything else I might need to be aware of before getting involved with assembling one of these from a kit?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 08:41:45 »
Hi,
The group buy will start at the end of August, and at that time you will see their prices. The group buy will last 10 days, and at the end of September, the products can be delivered.

If you buy a kit, you needn't soldering the PCB, because all of our PCBs are pre-soldered. You only need assemble the whole kit.

Any other questions, leave message here freely :)

Offline quasistellar

Re: 60% small mechancial keyboard: 61-key, 62-key, 64-key
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 15:49:20 »
This actually looks pretty neat with the swappable switches. 

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: [IC]60% small mechancial keyboard: 61-key, 62-key, 64-key
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 21:22:27 »
Yes, all of our 60% keyboard are with swappable switches, this will let users custom their personality switches easily. Brown, blue, black,red,silver...any kinds of switches, mixture switches, Cherry MX, Gateron...any brand's switches, you can built them in the keyboard easily.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 13:43:28 »
I'm definitely interested in a 60% with hot-swappable switches that fits in a standard 60% case. 

A few questions:
How much will they sell for in USD?  What site will they be sold from, or is it a group buy?  Will they fit standard 60% cases (GK64 does not iirc because the screws are in different places)?  How is the hot-swap implemented?  Are they holtites?  How does it differ from the GK64 that KBDFans is selling now?  Will it be compatible with QMK or only specific software for that PCB? 

Thanks!

I'd want confirmation that the PCB is compatible with standard 60% case standoffs. The GK64 available on Taobao that I've been following appears to have non-standard standoffs: 176000-0

I've been looking for just the PC-100 PCB for several months and wonder if that is being made available here without the "kit".

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 14:16:11 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

can't you just get the faceW and some holtites?  That's what I have right now, but I haven't assembled it.  Only have to wait for shipping... like 3-5 days.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 14:28:37 by reececonrad »

Offline Cotay

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:07:41 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

can't you just get the faceW and some holtites?  That's what I have right now, but I haven't assembled it.  Only have to wait for shipping... like 3-5 days.

Hotlites are not size compatible with all PCBs and are not as durable a solution. This PCB uses the Kailh hot swap sockets, the same ones use on the Team Wolf and Glorious PC Gaming Race boards that are more durable.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:13:35 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

Hotlites are not size compatible with all PCBs and are not as durable a solution. This PCB uses the Kailh hot swap sockets, the same ones use on the Team Wolf and Glorious PC Gaming Race boards that are more durable.

The sprit faceW has been tested and is a perfect fit for both the led and switch holtites that are sold at most mech online shops.  Also, I don't know why you think they aren't durable.  As long as you get compatible parts they hold just as well as manufactured boards with hotswap.

Lastly, I keep trying to warn people who don't know... but cherry profile keycaps do not fit properly on R3 of switches that are upside down (as are all of the ones listed here)  If you want to use OEM caps or DSA/SA profile, that's fine.  Just know if you use GMK or ePBT sets the keycap will not fully bottom out on the caps lock row.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:18:53 by reececonrad »

Offline Cotay

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 19:33:05 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

The sprit faceW has been tested and is a perfect fit for both the led and switch holtites that are sold at most mech online shops.  Also, I don't know why you think they aren't durable.  As long as you get compatible parts they hold just as well as manufactured boards with hotswap.

Lastly, I keep trying to warn people who don't know... but cherry profile keycaps do not fit properly on R3 of switches that are upside down (as are all of the ones listed here)  If you want to use OEM caps or DSA/SA profile, that's fine.  Just know if you use GMK or ePBT sets the keycap will not fully bottom out on the caps lock row.

Personally I won't touch the faceW; I find other PCBs more compelling and I don't want to support SPRiT given his GB failures within the community.  I've seen reports of Hotlites coming loose, yet I haven't heard (or personally experienced) the same for Kailh adapters. I'll grant that it could simply be user error.

Regarding R3 south facing switches and Cherry profile caps, you need to be careful not to over generalize. The problem can arise when using 2x3x4 or 3mm LEDs. If you use 1.8mm LEDs, in switch LEDs, or no LEDs, it isn't a problem.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 20:56:57 »
Well here we go again.

I think one of my personal goals here at GH will be to keep people informed about upside down R3  switches and cherry profile.  You can search forum posts.  I've talked about it several times.  Some people just dismiss the fact because it seems strange that so many overlook it. 

Yes, this means that all pok3rs with leds, all gh60 Satan boards, and almost all "gamer" boards have issues with GMK sets on that row.  Yep.  Crazy but true. You probably won't notice unless you have a linear switch. 

Many have known the issue for years and just don't bother to explain.  You'll see that is why all Korean boards keep the switches properly turned.  Also why they offer the bfake with south facing leds as an option. 

It is not the leds.  It is the switch housing that makes contact with the key cap underside. 

Offline Cotay

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 21:26:23 »
Well here we go again.

I think one of my personal goals here at GH will be to keep people informed about upside down R3  switches and cherry profile.  You can search forum posts.  I've talked about it several times.  Some people just dismiss the fact because it seems strange that so many overlook it. 

Yes, this means that all pok3rs with leds, all gh60 Satan boards, and almost all "gamer" boards have issues with GMK sets on that row.  Yep.  Crazy but true. You probably won't notice unless you have a linear switch. 

Many have known the issue for years and just don't bother to explain.  You'll see that is why all Korean boards keep the switches properly turned.  Also why they offer the bfake with south facing leds as an option. 

It is not the leds.  It is the switch housing that makes contact with the key cap underside.

I'm typing right this minute on a Varmilo VA87M with south facing switches, 2x3x4 LEDs, Cherry MX Linear Blacks, and Leopold Cherry profile PBT caps. No issues whatsoever. I have other builds with south facing Invyr Pandas and Gateron Blacks...no issue there either with GMK caps. I'll bet it is the front support bar hitting it...try clipping them off and see how that solves your issue.

Edit: So these Leopold caps were sold to me as Cherry profile, but they are most likely Step Sculpture 2, which is very close to Cherry profile. That said, R3 on the SS2 is even smaller than R3 on Cherry profile and in theory should exhibit the issue more readily than Cherry profile. Either way, I don't think one can say that Cherry profile always will have issues with south facing switches.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 02:05:47 by Cotay »

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 05:00:30 »
I would love to get in on this but one of the original questions have not been answered yet. How will the IGK64 differ from the GK64 already available?

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:53:52 »
IGK64 will have more kinds of buy types: pre-assembled finished products, custom kits, DIY PCB and the driver software will be better, easy-to-use.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 15:26:05 »
hot swappable mx-based switches: pluggable PCB board with switches socket
how do the stabs work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 08:35:04 »
The switch socket is soldered on the PCB board. And the stabilizer work as usual mechanical keyboards

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 05:46:06 »
MonkeyKing Custom will start the group buy in 2 weeks, and the price will be quite good. You will know it  very soon. :)  On this web page, you also can see the the item's feature details.

Just want to make sure because I really am interested in this 65% keyboard... You will update THIS thread when the GB becomes available? I just am trying to find out where I need to watch.

Offline tigerali

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 20:18:42 »
If the software is usable, I'd be interested, especially in an assembled 62 kit without keycaps.

Echo thaxxman's request as to where to be informed about the GB going live.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 21:53:02 »

Just want to make sure because I really am interested in this 65% keyboard... You will update THIS thread when the GB becomes available? I just am trying to find out where I need to watch.

Thank you. Our planning is the GB will begin in next week . I will update this thread when the GB are available.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 22:10:31 »
If the software is usable, I'd be interested, especially in an assembled 62 kit without keycaps.

Echo thaxxman's request as to where to be informed about the GB going live.

Thank you for your interest in 62 kit. The software will be very useful:
1.Re-assign ( remap ) all keys, user configure any layout
2.Setting macros, hotkeys,shortcuts, mouse functions, disable keys to any keys
3.User define every key’s individual color,DIY lighting effect modes...
What's more, we have made the software manual for these 60% keyboard. Following the illustrated manual, you can use and play these keyboards easily, at very high-level. ;D
Of course, I will update the thread when the GB start in next week.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 08:16:05 »
Update news:

1. The group buy preparation working  is going on in an orderly way, and the group buy will start at the original time( the end of August).

2.Multiple buy choices:
    2.1  Pre-assembled products: 61-key poker layout + Gateron MX-based switch  + ABS case + Doubleshot ABS keycaps;
                                                    61-key poker layout + Gateron optical switch + ABS case + Doubleshot ABS keycaps;
              62-key layout with dedicated arrow keys + Gateron optical switch + ABS case +  high quality "laser etching + oil injection" ABS keycaps;
                   64-key layout with dedicated arrow keys + Cherry MX switches + anodized aluminum alloy case+ PBT dye-subbed keycaps
    2.2 DIY kits:
             different layout PCBs ( all are hot swappable switches design)
             different switches ( optical switches or MX-based switches), 
             different cases (ABS, aluminum alloy case in purple, blue, red, green and silver-gray)
             different keycaps ( doubleshot ABS, laser etching ABS, PBT dye-subbed)
         The above parts can be combined by user freely.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 08:22:43 »
Another thing, their prices arrangement is:
1.best cheapest 61-key optical switches edition
2.inexpensive 61-key mx-based switches edition
3.best buy 62-key optical switches edition
4.worthy buy 64-key cherry mx switches edition

Any question, leave message here, please :)

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 08:30:26 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Update 2:
About  64-key layout 64-key keyboard with dedicated arrow keys assembly finished products:

Besides the worth buying edition: IGK64 PCB +  cherry mx switches +  anodized aluminum alloy
case + PBT dye-subbed keycaps

Now add budget edition for this group buy: IGK64 PCB + Gateron switches + ABS plastic case +
laser etching photic keycaps
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:34:10 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:40:25 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

I'd want confirmation that the PCB is compatible with standard 60% case standoffs. The GK64 available on Taobao that I've been following appears to have non-standard standoffs: (Attachment Link)

I've been looking for just the PC-100 PCB for several months and wonder if that is being made available here without the "kit".

The coming group buy will supply colorful metal cases we made, and fit for iGK61, iGK62, and iGK64 perfectly.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:42:19 »

A few questions:

Thanks!

Yes, right. :thumb:

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Update with IC

Offline KaosJ

What is different from the GK64? Also what will be the price?   

EDIT: Seems like someone already did these questions, what about the holtites, are these kailh hotswap holtites or nah? 
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 August 2017, 11:27:36 by KaosJ »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: [IC]60% small mechanical keyboards & DIY kits: 61-key, 62-key, 64-key (Update)
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 02:00:42 »
What is different from the GK64? Also what will be the price?   

EDIT: Seems like someone already did these questions, what about the holtites, are these kailh hotswap holtites or nah?
iGK61 is  a poker layout keyboard with hot swappable Gateron MX-based switches
iGK61p is a poker layout keyboard with hot swappable Gateron optical switches
iGK62 is a 62-key compact keyboard with dedicated arrow keys, and built-in hot swappable Gateron optical switches
iGK64 is a 64-key compact keyboard with dedicated arrow keys, and built-in hot swappable MX switches, and its layout is the same as GK64.
Their prices will be showed on our website when the group buy begin on September 5.

iGK61 and iGK64 use the Kailh socket for hotswap.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: [IC]60% small mechanical keyboards & DIY kits: 61-key, 62-key, 64-key (Update)
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 19:17:16 »
Update :)

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 19:25:14 »
Wow looks almost too good to be true  :eek:

Is it possible to have a ISO layout with the optical pcb?

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:49:15 »
Wow looks almost too good to be true  :eek:

Is it possible to have a ISO layout with the optical pcb?

Yes, many good items can be chosen.
Sorry, this group buy there is not a ISO layout with optical pcb, maybe next time will have. :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 04:46:33 »
When it will start? Wasn't supposed to start already?   

Also, i don't understand how  this software works, i need the software constantly running in background on the PC to make the keyboard and the different layouts work or i need to open that software and set my layers only once?  (just like programmable keyboards) 
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 05:39:06 by KaosJ »

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 08:15:50 »

Also, i don't understand how  this software works, i need the software constantly running in background on the PC to make the keyboard and the different layouts work or i need to open that software and set my layers only once?  (just like programmable keyboards)

Step 1. Go have some cereal. You arent thinking straight...
Step 2. Go to the first post. There is a link to the keyboard.
Step 3. READ website, by now you should be done with your cereal and thinking properly.
Step 4. ? ? ?
Step 5. Profit

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 08:52:25 »

Step 3. READ website, by now you should be done with your cereal and thinking properly.
Step 4. ? ? ?
Step 5. Profit

Rofl why the hate, my question was like 5 hours ago when the GB wasn't started yet.  I noticed like 2 hours ago that the GB started.

Regarding the software, i'm pretty sure that in the site nothing talks about my question and even if it say that is fully programmable, they mean with the software so i STILL would like to know if the layers will work if i uninstall the software later. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:33:20 by KaosJ »

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:18:33 »
What size is the space bar on the iGK64? I cannot find this information on the website.

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:35:10 »
/s Guess I dropped this! haha no hate. (Tried to keep it light with the cereal comment and the SP reference)

In regards to your question though From my understanding on the website the layer info in stored on the 8MB flash on the KB means your profiles will migrate from PC to PC regardless of installed software. The software only assist in the programming.

NOW WHAT SIZE IS THE SPACE BAR?! I can be cheap and skip out on ordering the key caps. I want the Red Base but also dont want to order it separately.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:38:04 »
What size is the space bar on the iGK64? I cannot find this information on the website.

It is a standard 6.25u, the whole keyboard has a standard ANSI except for the 2u left shift.   

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:56:55 »
It almost feels poetic that we could answer each other's questions...

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 10:32:46 »
It almost feels poetic that we could answer each other's questions...

BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!!  ;D

Offline thaxxman

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 11:05:01 »
BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!!  ;D

Literally just screenshot this from the site.

ERO - If it can work independently from the software I am sure you can uninstall it as soon as you are done setting it up...

So efficient, so cool.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 11:06:35 by thaxxman »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 11:20:20 »
BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!!  ;D

Show Image

ERO - If it can work independently from the software I am sure you can uninstall it as soon as you are done setting it up...

So efficient, so cool.

Well now you did, thanks mate  ;D

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 21:54:25 »

GBhas started.

Set your layers only once. And your custom configuration and RGB lighting effects can be stored in the keyboard.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 22:04:54 »

Step 4. ? ? ?
Step 5. Profit

Rofl why the hate, my question was like 5 hours ago when the GB wasn't started yet.  I noticed like 2 hours ago that the GB started.

Regarding the software, i'm pretty sure that in the site nothing talks about my question and even if it say that is fully programmable, they mean with the software so i STILL would like to know if the layers will work if i uninstall the software later.

Very right. Once you customized your layers, needn't software any more, the layers still work.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 22:13:43 »
BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!!  ;D

Show Image

So efficient, so cool.

Thank you ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 02:37:45 »
Rip site

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 09:09:35 »
Hi !

Just join the group buy for PCB only!

I have few questions:
* Regarding the LED, does it shine through the board on the bottom part also? Since I will likely use this PCB inside an acrylic case, it will be nice
* does it support underglow RGB?
* the keyboard is fully programmable? It is said 4 over 5 layers are programmable? What does it mean? The first one is not programmable?
* What is the estimated time for delivery?

Thanks for your answers!