Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 100397 times)

Offline prozach

Re: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 22:23:44 »
So at this point, I was one of the new color people.

I opted to switch to all black, however at this point I am wondering if I shoul djust say eff it and take what I get and deal with re-ano locally to me or go with a powder coated option.

I am concerned at this point that this will fall apart and I won't get anything which would be an issue for me (well for my wife, but thats another story)

Aside from QC issues, is there a chance I may not get anything at all now?

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 01:09:52 »
So at this point, I was one of the new color people.

I opted to switch to all black, however at this point I am wondering if I shoul djust say eff it and take what I get and deal with re-ano locally to me or go with a powder coated option.

I am concerned at this point that this will fall apart and I won't get anything which would be an issue for me (well for my wife, but thats another story)

Aside from QC issues, is there a chance I may not get anything at all now?

You'll receive a kit, that's for sure. Alsoran responded to me saying that the blue / purple ano cases are re-anodised and should be en route now to Alsoran. ETA is three - four days until shipping for those orders.
b o a r d s

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:21:06 »
Tape will do just fine. A cleaner solution would be some nylon, m2 washers.

So I tried using nylon washers and not having stabs in at all, and I still get the same result, those keys register multiples.

Anyone have ideas of what the next thing to try is? Im pretty new to this whole thing, so no clue if I need to get a new PCB, or if there are other avenues to take.

Thanks all
I would suggest checking the programming is correct. Don't have my board yet so I can't much help you on it.

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:15:49 »
DHL says my all black board will be here Wednesday sometime. I hope to build it late that night, but either way I will post detailed pictures of the case and pcb.

The other black top/ red bottom board must be reanodizing as I haven't received any tracking details on it and wasn't on triangle's list. I will also post pictures of it when it arrives.

Regardless of how this group buy is turning out, I'm still really excited to get these boards and only hope that everyone's turns out as close to perfect as possible  :thumb:
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 11:09:38 »
I wonder if the TYPE C usb cable is still included in the kits? I remember it being mentioned before....

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:36:09 »
still haven't gotten tracking :(

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:36:41 »
Neither me, all black version.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:41:33 »
I got tracking on an all black kit and should deliver tomorrow. My name was NOT on the QC passed list...I hope there are no issues with my kit.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 19:02:06 »
mine should be arriving today. pretty hyped.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 19:29:18 »
Hopefully someone can help me here (again :D). Im trying to flash the board to see if it fixes my issues with certain keys not registering correctly.

However im getting an error when running the "make al1" command.

Code: [Select]
tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git/LUFA/makefile:33: protocol/lufa/LUFA-git/LUFA/Build/lufa_sources.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'protocol/lufa/LUFA-git/LUFA/Build/lufa_sources.mk'.  Stop.

I looked at the al1-Firmware files on GitHub, and they match what I have, so no clue why this is coming back as is.

Thanks,

Offline sykim0310

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 02:31:50 »
Today I got mine.
There are stains on the weight surface. These are not erased.
It is entirely satisfactory except for this issue.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 02:35:30 »
Oof, what a mess.

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 04:15:06 »
Today I got mine.
There are stains on the weight surface. These are not erased.
It is entirely satisfactory except for this issue.

Now I seriously doubt how Alsoran does QC.
b o a r d s

Offline forumusername

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 10:05:31 »
I don't have shipping notice although I was in the QC post :(

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline floris

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 10:13:51 »
One nice feature, the winkeys have kailh hot swap sockets, so you can easily switch between winkey & winkeyless.

Offline floris

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 12:45:26 »
The pcb does not seem to be equipped with leds for the indicators. Does anyone know what type of led’s should be used for those?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 12:49:34 »
The pcb does not seem to be equipped with leds for the indicators. Does anyone know what type of led’s should be used for those?
2x3x4 or 1.8mm should work. Pretty much whatever fits in the slot.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:31:54 »
Well in some sad news, I managed to reflash the board and still get the issue of keys registering as multiples, "O" registers as "QWERTY" and "9" registers as "123456".

So my only assumption at this point is a bad PCB, unless anyone else has other ideas to try? Hopefully no one else has the issue.

Thanks

Offline thunderbuttons

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:37:30 »
I received mine today:

There is a small scratch on the side (see pics), but otherwise it's in good condition. It's _very_ solid.

Offline Petch

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:53:29 »
Well in some sad news, I managed to reflash the board and still get the issue of keys registering as multiples, "O" registers as "QWERTY" and "9" registers as "123456".

So my only assumption at this point is a bad PCB, unless anyone else has other ideas to try? Hopefully no one else has the issue.

Thanks

Can you take some pictures of around that area on the board and around the big chip?

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:08:55 »

Thanks

Can you take some pictures of around that area on the board and around the big chip?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fdSz4MdD4FqpxZYF7

Theres a link with photos of the PCB.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:50:22 »

Thanks

Chip looks fine to me, make sure no soldered piece on the entire board is bridging/touching each other at all.

Also check for any damages around the affected keys area.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:56:10 »
how did you guys reset your pcbs?

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:21:35 »

Thanks

Chip looks fine to me, make sure no soldered piece on the entire board is bridging/touching each other at all.

Also check for any damages around the affected keys area.
Ill clean up all solder tomorrow and retry, hopefully its something like that, thats causing the issue.

how did you guys reset your pcbs?

QMK, if you get the files in the original post you should be on your way.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:43:40 »
Alright. Mine arrived today. There are some points that bothered me, and a dent that I have to discuss with TriangleLab. Without further ado, here are pictures and some of the details regarding my package:

---
The plate seems to be darker than the color I had initially expect. Frankly, it's not too bad for me. And switches seem to fit alright. Switch-top opening is always a nice feature. The anodization is not as even as I would expect from a $300 kit.

The part that annoyed me was whoever packed the package decided to tape the plastic bags containing screws, blockers, etc ONTO the plate, which caused the adhesive to stay on the plate. I had to treat my plate with heat (blow-dryer) and some alcohol to remove the adhesive. It's just extra work that is unnecessary.
---

---
The case top is in good condition. Again, darker anodization than I anticipated, but I actually enjoy this tone of green.

Minor detail: the bottom side of the top case has burn marks around the screw holes. Not a huge deal since the plate still fits onto the top case, but just an aesthetic blemish.
---

---
Weight is in decent shape. There are some markings (fingerprints, other) that I cannot remove with regular wiping materials. It might need additional polishing, but since this is an inner weight, it does not bother me very much. The AL1 engraving does not look as elegant due to the font of choice. You need to press on the weight to be able to screw it onto the bottom case; it's not difficult at all, but just a note as the width of the weight is not that long.
---

---
My biggest gripe and something I will have to speak with TriangleLab about: the dent on the back corner of the left side of the bottom case. It's not the largest dent, but it's quite apparent during inspection. I cannot fathom how QC failed to catch this. The anodization of the bottom case is fairly even (the lighting might fool you here), and it's fairly smooth. Definitely not as smooth as some boards I have seen in other custom kits (see MIRA SE, Moon, OTD, EXENT, others).
---

---
The soldering of resistors/diodes is somewhat shoddy on the PCB. Anyhow, I used some pointed tip tweezers to test the PCB on SwitchHitter. The default layout seemed to work out alright. One thing to note, however, is that if you accidentally short a switch pin with an LED pin, you might trigger a bunch of columns and rows simultaneously! So when soldering, watch carefully that you don't cause a short between adjacent LED and switch pins. I have yet to try programming the PCB, but it passed my first test.
---

Not pictured were a few little plastic zip-lock bags with screws for the case, bump-ons, an Allen key for the screws, and the WKL blockers.

That's all I have for now, as I am currently very busy with work. I will get back to more updates here later on. I will have to speak with TriangleLab, however, about the bottom case dent, as I am quite disappointed by it. While I would still keep the board, I would not let it pass under full price. Hope this helps to any other GB participants that may be wondering what to expect. The quality of the board is very good, and its heft is quite remarkable. The anodization problems seem to be limited to the NEW (dark blue?) colorway, as the anodization on this board turned out decently well and even, despite it being darker than I anticipated from the color chip samples on the GB order form (this may be a dealbreaker for some!). I would advise most folks to consider being lenient on the inner brass weight, as it won't be visible once the board is assembled.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. TriangleLab, PM incoming.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:54:34 by LightningXI »

Offline ullr

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:51:26 »
Mine has a few blemishes on the back

It sucks but I’m not too worried about it

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:04:07 »
Just received my board, echoing similar sentiments as lightening.  My anodizing is relatively even albeit the top and bottom case don't match very well, slight color variation not too worried.  Outside of that I did not have any physical damage outside of a small nick on the side of the case that doesn't bother me too much.  I did get a custom engraving and this is my biggest gripe.  The weight was not polished or cleaned appropriately prior to pvd treatment, so there are a lot scuffs on the brass underneath the pvd layer.  I haven't tested the pcb, so I don't have any comments on that. 

On a final note, not too terribly upset with the board outside of it not being the color I ordered.  So if anyone wants to pick up a pink board with a red plate, please pm me, otherwise I will be working with trianglelab to get a solution for color.   

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 10:56:49 »
Hello, is there a reason why the QMK implementation of this board is in its own repo? Why not submit it for integration to QMK master?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #328 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 12:33:57 »
If OP doesn't, I will submit a PR after I get my board and have a chance to test.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:01:34 »
Yaay thank you! Let me know if you need help getting it to work with QMK Configurator

https://config.qmk.fm/#/1up60rgb/LAYOUT_all

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:21:07 »
So I cleaned the PCB and gave it another shot without any switches, and I still get the same error of certain keys reading as multiple, particularly going diagonal on "9", "O", "L", ".", and "R ALT".

Im at the point where I think only a different PCB will solve, unless anyone has any other ideas? If not, anyone know where to start to get a new PCB for this thing? Are they available to purchase any more?

Thanks,

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #331 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:43:05 »
How many more boards are still outstanding?

I haven't received any shipping information on my board. I tried email and received no response.

I have the black board with Kailh copper switches.

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:44:03 »
i still haven't received any tracking info either

Offline Insane_Dawe

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 08:51:00 »
My keyboard has arrived and I will post pictures up when I get a minute.

Initial Impressions
  • The box was beat up when it arrived and I was worried that my keyboard would be damaged. The packing was "sufficiently" to keep it safe.
  • There are some minor machining imperfections that seem to be pre-anno. It doesn't bother me because they are only noticeable if I have it 6 in from my face. I'm never gonna notice typing on it.
  • The spare parts were taped to the plate, which left goo residue. The tape was so strong that I would have 100% confidence they weren't going anywhere but it'd be nice if it didn't need a cleaning
  • All the parts fit great, not perfect but very good i.e. no warping, bad tolerances, etc.
  • My pcb has a scratch on it reveling the copper, I could imagine it'll start to corrode after a long period of time. When that happens, I'll just design my own.
  • The PCB has many options and fit my Zealio switches and Zeal R11 Stabilizers great
  • All the screws attached WERE nicely snug and NOT over torqued.
  • Keyboard came with extra rubber feet & allen key
  • Keyboard heavier than expected (good thing)

Overall, I'm impressed and very happy. Probably because this is my first custom keyboard but I think the price was low and the quality was ~"A-".

I work with small volume production on the daily and all the small niggles that have been showing up suck but I know it could have been much worse.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 08:54:56 »

Initial Impressions
  • The box was beat up when it arrived and I was worried that my keyboard would be damaged. The packing was "sufficiently" to keep it safe.
  • There are some minor machining imperfections that seem to be pre-anno. It doesn't bother me because they are only noticeable if I have it 6 in from my face. I'm never gonna notice typing on it.
  • The spare parts were taped to the plate, which left goo residue. The tape was so strong that I would have 100% confidence they weren't going anywhere but it'd be nice if it didn't need a cleaning
  • All the parts fit great, not perfect but very good i.e. no warping, bad tolerances, etc.
  • My pcb has a scratch on it reveling the copper, I could imagine it'll start to corrode after a long period of time. When that happens, I'll just design my own.
  • The PCB has many options and fit my Zealio switches and Zeal R11 Stabilizers great

Overall, I'm impressed and very happy. Probably because this is my first custom keyboard but I think the price was low and the quality was ~"A-".

I work with small volume production on the daily and all the small niggles that have been showing up suck but I know it could have been much worse.
What is the weight?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:09:35 »

Initial Impressions

Fortunately for you, the PCB file is open-sourced in the OP (first post of the thread)! :)

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:52:08 »

Initial Impressions

Fortunately for you, the PCB file is open-sourced in the OP (first post of the thread)! :)
So for me, is that the way to go about getting a new PCB? With mine having issues registering certain keys, that seems like the only way, unless I can get one from the runners of the group buy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:52:53 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:25:49 by clasicks »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:55:09 »

Initial Impressions

So for me, is that the way to go about getting a new PCB? With mine having issues registering certain keys, that seems like the only way, unless I can get one from the runners of the group buy?

GB runner has been pretty supportive and open so far, you should PM Trianglelab here on GH
What clasicks said is true. The OP/GB runner has been responsive, professional, and helpful despite the setbacks. I think he can help you.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:58:03 »

Initial Impressions

GB runner has been pretty supportive and open so far, you should PM Trianglelab here on GH
What clasicks said is true. The OP/GB runner has been responsive, professional, and helpful despite the setbacks. I think he can help you.

Ok cool. I'll PM him. Thanks all.

Also for the question of weight. I weighed the board without PCB and switches in, it was right at 4lbs. So likely goes to 5 with PCB, switches, and keycaps.

Offline ullr

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 19:43:57 »
One gripe

I ordered the plate that was split right shift and backspace only (“BS and right shift are all split only. No compatible slots.”), but not only does it support 2u backspace it actually does not support split backspace. It is always irritating to have to cut the plate myself so I am disappointed this seems to have been overlooked.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 00:31:40 »
One gripe

I ordered the plate that was split right shift and backspace only (“BS and right shift are all split only. No compatible slots.”), but not only does it support 2u backspace it actually does not support split backspace. It is always irritating to have to cut the plate myself so I am disappointed this seems to have been overlooked.

What does it look like? Can we get a pic to see what's going on?

Offline olivia

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 01:06:24 »
One gripe

What does it look like? Can we get a pic to see what's going on?

I had the same problem :/ Sorry about the poor angle, but you can see that the backspace doesn't support split bs.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #343 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 01:51:04 »
I can barely make out the cutout, but I know what you mean. It looks like you'll have to shave off the cutout  :( Things worked fine in the universal(?) plate. I have to say it's ironic that the backspace cutout wasn't fixed when the "fixed plate" was designed.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 01:55:00 »
So the universal supports split bs and the fixed only supports 2u backspace?

That's quite an oversight.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #345 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 05:02:01 »
wew - Just checked mine - no Split BS support ;/

Offline Petch

« Reply #346 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 08:08:00 »
Great

Time to invest in a dremel I guess???

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #347 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 09:40:08 »
I just asked alsoran about the type 2 plates. The picture he sent to me for confirmation was correct, but he made them wrong in the manufacturing.

I have asked him to order 6 more split-BS plates for those who ordered type 2 plates. They will be finished around next Wednesday. Don't assemble your kit if you are not in a hurry.

Apparently this GB has become a disaster with all the quality issues, mistakes, and delays. I do my best to save it.

Please feel free to contact me if your kit has any problems.

Offline Petch

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 10:10:35 »
I just asked alsoran about the type 2 plates. The picture he sent to me for confirmation was correct, but he made them wrong in the manufacturing.

I have asked him to order 6 more split-BS plates for those who ordered type 2 plates. They will be finished around next Wednesday. Don't assemble your kit if you are not in a hurry.

Apparently this GB has become a disaster with all the quality issues, mistakes, and delays. I do my best to save it.

Please feel free to contact me if your kit has any problems.

Thanks for the continued effort

I'm guessing the ones that haven't shipped (due to being re-anno'd) will be shipped a little later with the split-BS plate now?

Offline forumusername

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:38:19 »
I finallygot a tracking number, shipper is other... I am not sure where I can check its stauts