Author Topic: New years resoluitons?  (Read 3905 times)

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
New years resoluitons?
« on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:04:54 »
Mine is to bring love (and Friday Clacks) to a certain keyboard community :)
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
Re: New years resoluitons?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:36:06 »
Welcome back! I'll be buying drugs and clacks in 2018. Or maybe do both at the same time and find a leaf somewhere

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 12:03:18 »
Welcome back! I'll be buying drugs and clacks in 2018. Or maybe do both at the same time and find a leaf somewhere

The hardcore addicts buy drugs from the next town which may be cheaper, and in a quantity where they can flip part of it to cover the cost of their own habit..

NOT unlike Geekhackers who run groupbuys..

So they're accepting retailer/ distribution risks.

Which honestly is minimal, because the worst thing in their life is the drug habit itself, the segment of risk related to incarceration pales in comparison to the greater harm in parallel. 

This of course is a zero-sum operation to manage. Not recommended

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 12:51:03 »

The hardcore addicts buy drugs from the next town which may be cheaper, and in a quantity where they can flip part of it to cover the cost of their own habit..

NOT unlike Geekhackers who run groupbuys..

So they're accepting retailer/ distribution risks.

Which honestly is minimal, because the worst thing in their life is the drug habit itself, the segment of risk related to incarceration pales in comparison to the greater harm in parallel. 

This of course is a zero-sum operation to manage. Not recommended

What I take away from this... is keyboards are a hell of a drug.. Maybe demik had the right idea  :confused: Do you have any resolutions?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 13:07:45 »

What I take away from this... is keyboards are a hell of a drug.. Maybe demik had the right idea  :confused: Do you have any resolutions?

I would like to m0re go Outside.

On the one hand.

I am an iconic model of -loneliness-; I recognize and accept that to remain so, puts me at statistically-significant greater mortality risk..

But upon actual attempts of the extracurricular,  I simply don't enjoy the majority of a multiplayer human experience ..

It's like you go online w/ CS-Go,  and most of it is just people yelling and talking-subject which extends from their insecurities.. -which is neither interesting nor consequential-

//messed up in the head
//no way out
//not brave enuff for suicide
//mild semblance of a Star Trek future exist
//Volunteer for mars experimental craft.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 14:48:05 »
I would like to m0re go Outside.

On the one hand.

I am an iconic model of -loneliness-; I recognize and accept that to remain so, puts me at statistically-significant greater mortality risk..

But upon actual attempts of the extracurricular,  I simply don't enjoy the majority of a multiplayer human experience ..

It's like you go online w/ CS-Go,  and most of it is just people yelling and talking-subject which extends from their insecurities.. -which is neither interesting nor consequential-

Man I know this feel. Outside bad, man, at least where I'm at.

I had a New Year's resolution last year: no more New Year's Resolutions. I managed to keep it this year.  :))
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 14:58:26 »
I vowed to lose weight, get my driver's lisence, and get a new job.

Less than a month in and I am already 2 for 3 and well on the way to a new job as well.  :thumb:

People who make excuses are pussies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:12:29 »
were xpecting -sam0s- to come in here and be like..   Resolution, haz 4x simultaneous qt azn girlfriends

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 10:10:48 »

Less than a month in and I am already 2 for 3 and well on the way to a new job as well.  :thumb:

Congratulations  :)

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 10:30:01 »

w8 tp you play csgo??

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 16:42:23 »

w8 tp you play csgo??

New year resolutions..

Outside m0ar , less vidya. !

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:51:21 »

That's fantastic!  Well done :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:58:28 »

That's fantastic!  Well done :)

Soon.. noisyturtle will haz all the females..

186240-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 00:19:08 »
My only resolution is to go to the sauna more often.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:18:11 »
My resolution was not to make a resolution as i would only let myself down by not sticking to it.... i guess that counts as a resolution so i kinda ****ed it already.  LOL

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 12:06:45 »
new years resolution: not die
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 22:37:38 »
My resolution was not to make a resolution as i would only let myself down by not sticking to it.... i guess that counts as a resolution so i kinda ****ed it already.  LOL

I made a resolution many years ago to not make any more resolutions.

I have kept to that one so far.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 11:30:29 »
My resolution is to be more open minded. I have been quite closed minded about a lot of things in the past, like what cars I like, bands and artists, films and TV shows. My pledge this year is to revisit some of those choices and re-evaluate them, maybe change my mind, and maybe to like more things that I do already.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 11:42:10 »
My resolution is to be more open minded. I have been quite closed minded about a lot of things in the past, like what cars I like, bands and artists, films and TV shows. My pledge this year is to revisit some of those choices and re-evaluate them, maybe change my mind, and maybe to like more things that I do already.

Sounds like, might wanna get a little more jesus in there.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 13:46:49 »

+1 honorable

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 14:52:00 »
Never been one for New Years resolutions but I made a couple to myself this year.

Stop smoking tobacco - have managed it so far.

Smoke less weed - have managed this pretty well, probably because I usually smoke spliffs with tobacco in and so no tobacco means less craving for spliffs.

Keyboard spending is way up tho.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 14:56:41 »

awesome. feelsgood for the lungs. good luck, you have someone rootin for ya.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 15:08:17 »

+1

Only positive things can come from this.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 15:35:32 »

+1

It's much less harmful than previously thought.

The probability that smoking -Kills- is actually primarily due to cancer risk amplified by Eating animal products.

The smoking begins the DNA damage, resulting in the micro-tumors.  But it's the animal products with its massive dose of growth hormones and contaminants which CULTURES and grows full blown Cancer.

There are areas of tibet where there is significant late age lung problems due to their cultivation and Use of Unfiltered tobacco, but almost Zero lung cancers, because their diet is mainly plant based.

Animal products amplify cancer growth for ALL cancers..

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:02:42 »

+1

Aw cheers u guys. It's funny cos after all the health warnings and horror stories the thing that's probably gonna really make me stop is the price hikes and the banning of small packs.  Can't just get a little pack for the pub anymore. Makes all the difference. It's those packs that are the thin end of the wedge when quitting is going pretty good.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:03:34 »
Wait, TP, I'm vegan. So am I good to start smoking again?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:57:27 »

Don't want to say yes.. because It is counter to life-span optimization.

However,  it's involvement in disease is greatly over-stated.

The more relevant drawback to smoking is Mental-Satiety..

Much like Pot-smokers,   Tobacco- Smokers also experience diminished life satisfaction.

This is due to raising dopamine baselines , the common theme among all drugs and inebriation.

Now,  if a person has diminished life-satisfaction, how does it impact his world view, what might he do.

-- Generally, such a person engages in riskier hedonistic behaviors.

-- This person's wife may suddenly be not good looking enough.

-- He might even indulge in the thrill of infidelity.

-- Keep going in this direction long enough, and it reduces potential lifespan.

--   Person catches a disease,  wife takes the kids,  depression,  drinking,   cheeseburger, fried chicken..

--   Soon, Person circles the drain.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 19:14:06 »

The more relevant drawback to smoking is Mental-Satiety..

Much like Pot-smokers,   Tobacco- Smokers also experience diminished life satisfaction.

This is due to raising dopamine baselines , the common theme among all drugs and inebriation.

Now,  if a person has diminished life-satisfaction, how does it impact his world view, what might he do.

-- Generally, such a person engages in riskier hedonistic behaviors.

-- This person's wife may suddenly be not good looking enough.

-- He might even indulge in the thrill of infidelity.

-- Keep going in this direction long enough, and it reduces potential lifespan.

--   Person catches a disease,  wife takes the kids,  depression,  drinking,   cheeseburger, fried chicken..

--   Soon, Person circles the drain.

Ok I'm stayin quit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 22:23:55 »

Ok I'm stayin quit.

I guess my point is,   

The habit is certainly -no bueno-

But a cigar here or there..

A few stix after you lose 7 starcraft matches in a row..

That's really fine...

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 22:34:17 »

Sorry, I feel like I should stop you right there. It stops being funny when you start saying stuff like this. Smoking has caused so many horrible deaths it's unbelievable. If you don't know a lot of smokers you probably won't know, but when you lose a few of them to esophagal or lung cancer it's pretty obvious.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 00:51:03 »

Sorry, I feel like I should stop you right there. It stops being funny when you start saying stuff like this. Smoking has caused so many horrible deaths it's unbelievable. If you don't know a lot of smokers you probably won't know, but when you lose a few of them to esophagal or lung cancer it's pretty obvious.

Does it have a ROLE in cancer.  Yes.

But that cancer is primarily ACCELERATED by an animal products based diet .

T colin campbell (National Institute of Health Researcher) was researching a liver cancer outbreak in south east asia.

Their initial hypothesis was that these kids weren't eating enough protein.

They eventually tracked it down to crops contaminated with Aflatoxin.

Little children getting cancer.

But what was odd was, the children of the Poor, who ate the same contaminated crops had a significantly reduced rate of cancer.

The majority of the children who developed cancer were among the wealthy families.

The kids who had all the meat and milk..

This lead to the initial revelation that animal protein rich foods was an accelerant for cancer growth.

In laboratory testing, it was possible to increase OR decrease cancer cell replication rate by changing the quantity of Milk-Protein fed to mice.

Mice fed 20% casein protein, representing the typical western diet, had significantly higher cancer cell growth rate.

Mice fed 5% casein protein, had flat line, NO growth.

It's also not a coincidence that Every longest living communities in the world ate a diet typically 90%+ of plants.

Smoking gets the cancer started,  but it's the really the Meat and Milk which ultimately Grows it into Uncontrollable death.