geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Why is this key set $199?

(1/9) > >>

ander:
[PREORDER] GMK LEDZEP (The Key Co.)

Could someone explain to me what's so special about this key set that people would be willing to pay $199 for it?

And even if it were special (what, the colors?), isn't that just a wee bit greedy? I mean, assuming it's not made from plutonium or something, how could any key set possibly cost so much to produce that it justified being marked up to this sort of price?

Puddsy:
kit is large and has many novelties

and the euro was particularly strong when it ran

i agree that's a LOT though

chyros:
Still better than $1000 for a single uninteresting Topre keycap in a mildly nauseating colour :p .

HotRoderX:
Supply and Demand when the set ran it was like 139.99 and there was a infinite number of sets to be had. Now that supply is finite they can charge more. I mean look at what some people pay for keysets on Mech Market.. 199 is a bargain compared to some of those. I wouldn't personally pay 199 for a set thought but sure others would.

Techno Trousers:
GMK key sets are generally $150 and up. It's too expensive for me, but a lot of folks seem not to have a problem with it.

The most expensive key set I've purchased is /dev/tty. It was worth it to me because it's a brand new and exciting spherical profile, by a community member, and made of PBT with dyesub legends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version