geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Suggestion for ultrasonic cleaner that isn't too expensive?

(1/3) > >>

Blaise170:
I sometimes end up with REALLY dirty keycaps that look like they've been buried in the mud for decades. I usually use soap and denture tablets to clean them, but then I still have to through every single keycap and wipe it down which gets very monotonous, very fast. I'm hoping there is a decent ultrasonic cleaner for under $50 or so that will do at least 80-90% of the work for me, if such a device exists.

tp4tissue:
Does ultrasonic clean better than say,  a blender ?

Cuz you can get one of them cheapo blenders.. put a small piece of perforated aluminum above the blades, fill it with soapy water, then throw the caps in.

Blaise170:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 12 March 2018, 11:04:04 ---Does ultrasonic clean better than say,  a blender ?

Cuz you can get one of them cheapo blenders.. put a small piece of perforated aluminum above the blades, fill it with soapy water, then throw the caps in.

--- End quote ---

From my experience ultrasonic works very well. Using a blender sounds like a recipe for disaster.  :eek:

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Blaise170 on Mon, 12 March 2018, 11:19:29 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 12 March 2018, 11:04:04 ---Does ultrasonic clean better than say,  a blender ?

--- End quote ---

From my experience ultrasonic works very well. Using a blender sounds like a recipe for disaster.  :eek:

--- End quote ---

If you look at the dishwasher, it's really just a big blender..

Tactile:
I have one like this and it works great. It holds a full 104 cap set and makes them look like new in about twenty minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version