geekhack Community > Reviews

Review of Varmilo MA105C Panda edition with new 'Sakura' Pink EC switches!

(1/2) > >>

the pokemon kid:
Hey All! I got the amazing opportunity to review this Varmilo with their brand new 'Sakura' pink EC contactless switches! Here is my honest review of what I was sent:

https://caps-unlocked.com/blog/mathews-reviews-varmilo-ma105c/

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts on this board! I really enjoyed reviewing it and I hope this translated well into my post!

zslane:
Very interesting switch! I'm curious how the green (tactile) variant feels, especially the clarity of its tactile bump.

But most importantly, how loud is the bottom-out and upstroke noise? These are not internally dampened, which means they are going to be noisy, but I've noticed that noise can be mitigated somewhat by the type and quality of the keyboard they are installed on. Varmillo makes very good keyboards, which makes me especially curious how these new switches sound in terms of noise.

the pokemon kid:

--- Quote from: zslane on Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:53:18 ---Very interesting switch! I'm curious how the green (tactile) variant feels, especially the clarity of its tactile bump.

But most importantly, how loud is the bottom-out and upstroke noise? These are not internally dampened, which means they are going to be noisy, but I've noticed that noise can be mitigated somewhat by the type and quality of the keyboard they are installed on. Varmillo makes very good keyboards, which makes me especially curious how these new switches sound in terms of noise.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I am also curious how they are going to come out. While I was writing the review they brought out the keychain versions of the switches. I am hoping that they will allow me to review the greenery switches next!

Coming from 72g springs, I was bottoming the switches out pretty hard. There is a little more thock on the bottom out compared to the silent black, but not by a lot. The upstroke is nearly the same. However the major difference is there is a slight sound of friction for the silent red compared to the silence of the Sakura pink.

zslane:
Yeah, I have a couple of boards with MX silent reds, and the sound of the slider friction is unappealing. The smoothness of these new switches is of great interest, especially as it pertains to the lack of slider friction.

the pokemon kid:

--- Quote from: zslane on Sat, 28 April 2018, 15:16:32 ---Yeah, I have a couple of boards with MX silent reds, and the sound of the slider friction is unappealing. The smoothness of these new switches is of great interest, especially as it pertains to the lack of slider friction.

--- End quote ---

I will also note, as I did in the review. The Sakura pinks are unlubed and the silent red has been lubed with Krytox 106.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version