geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

Black 2016 Affirmative (Unicomp) M-122, $49.99 OBO shipped

(1/4) > >>

ander:
This was just cheap enough, and looked in nice enough shape, that I thought it might interest someone:

Affirmative Unicomp 1225T 5250 Model M 122-Key PS2 Buckling Spring Keyboard

Famous buckling springs, ready to use with a modern PC with a PS/2 connector.

From the photos, it looks very clean, maybe unused.

laxfan91:
Man it is hard to not pull the trigger on this just for the ability to use the F13-24 options on my IBM mainframe access at work (there are 2 methods to access those functions so no harm no foul). That said I have 3 model Ms and a Model F in a production environment already. I can't justify any more and my desk is big enough for a M, but not a M 122 grrr. Someone buy this and take care of it so I don't.

Curse you mechanical keyboard hobby! My money has disappeared out of my pocketbook like falling water and my fingers have never been happier.

ander:

--- Quote from: laxfan91 on Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:10:43 ---Man it is hard to not pull the trigger on this just for the ability to use the F13-24 options on my IBM mainframe access at work (there are 2 methods to access those functions so no harm no foul). That said I have 3 model Ms and a Model F in a production environment already. I can't justify any more and my desk is big enough for a M, but not a M 122 grrr...
--- End quote ---

But dude, anyone's desk is big enough for an M-122. If you don't think yours is, it just means there's some less-important stuff cluttering it up that you can get rid of to make more space.

I don't know you personally, but just this brief description of your computing world has convinced me that you deserve the full mad-scientist keeb format—if for no other reason than the impressed and quite possibly jealous looks you'll elicit from your co-geeks.

--- Quote from: laxfan91 on Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:10:43 ---Someone buy this and take care of it so I don't... Curse you mechanical keyboard hobby! My money has disappeared out of my pocketbook like falling water and my fingers have never been happier.

--- End quote ---

LOL—familiar sentiments to us all.

laxfan91:
Peer pressure won. I guess my fellow co-workers are counting the days until my mainframe access gets questioned (I use it everyday) because no one has used the F13-24 options in decades. This should be fun.

ander:
 :thumb:

Be sure to post a photo of your newly organized, real-keyboard-accommodating desk when you can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version