geekhack Community > New Members

Hello

(1/1)

tedfs3:
Hello.

Very new to modern Mechanical Keyboards and after getting sent here by Google quite a few times, decided to join.

My interest started out as trying to find a Cyrillic keyboard to help with learning Russian. Seemed simple at the time but we all know what a rabbit hole the internet is when it comes to special interests.
Grew up in the 80s so the keyboards are familiar but now there is so much tech to learn that I wasn't expecting. Every interest I have seems to be expensive in some way... Wish I would have kept some of those old boards now...

I've searched here and there are way more results returned to wade through than expected when searching for Cyrillic. What I would like to do is find a Cyrillic keyboard to help with learning Russian. Doesn't need to be top of the line but a full board would be nice. Either something I can fix up or something new/ish that would fit the bill. There seem to be quite a few membrane boards out there but I'd prefer a mechanical. How can I narrow my search to get more specific hits to find something like this ?

This will simply be to help with learning Russian on my own time. Not for school or college, just something I'm doing on my own and don't need to spend a ton of money on to get done. A custom isn't out of the question, I've already worked with Inkscape and am messing around with the free templates available out there but was really hoping there would be something out there already made. New or old that would be affordable is what I'm after.

Thank you for your time and I'll keep searching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version