Author Topic: [IC] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️ [GB starts soon - 24th May to 25th June]  (Read 188369 times)

Offline PseudoLlama

• Ṗ̵̡̝̀̓e̸͉̲͛̔̓͝p̵̢̳̦̲̬̌͊̃̑͝e̷̯͔̾g̶̢̡̳̀̑̋a̶͕̺͆͌͒
Re: [IC] KAT Space Dust
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 19:35:40 »
pretty sweet! but why are all the iso enters black and the novelty seems to be another shade of blue?
they should def be mod colored imo.

Yeah, so, turns out, even though I put a decent number of hours into making this, it's still very broken, and there is a lot of refinement needed, I just thought that maybe I'd like to risk it and post an IC with what I have so far to gauge if this was really an idea worth pursuing, that being said, I had seen some previous "bad" ICs like GMK Holy Panda, and I did some more research, so, I am in no position to say that I am experienced in this field nor can I say that I can speak for every new designer, but I would like to say that Geek Hack, as it is, is one of the most dangerous and hostile places to showcase a design, albeit without it, keycap designing would not exist in the full volume that it does today, but I would seriously think about creating a way for "pre-IC" concepts to be posted on GH. I know that the mods and whoever manage this site have been plagued about this, but I just wanted to remind them, and I'm not telling you how to do your job, I just think that if GH were more concept friendly, this community could grow in an order of magnitude. As for the ISO, (the main point of this comment, haha) I will add a blue ISO enter as well, to both kits, I just personally really like the black ISO enter.

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 21:11:36 »
IC completed.

This would look awesome on the Cyberboard

Offline Hyphen

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 00:31:14 »
This is beautiful!

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 00:52:57 »
Sick. Interested.

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 01:22:32 »
Ortho needs icon mods, they outsold ortho text in literally every KAT GB!  Would love to se the ortho mods black base as well!

All in all a very confusing IC, quit trying to reinvent the wheel and look at how other successful KAT sets are doing their kitting.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 02:01:08 »
IC completed.

This would look awesome on the Cyberboard
Thanks for feedback. I agree that board has an unforgettable design that would match space quite well (will need to put on sunglasses though :cool:)

This is beautiful!
Thanks! You are too!

Sick. Interested.
Cheers!

Ortho needs icon mods, they outsold ortho text in literally every KAT GB!  Would love to see the ortho mods black base as well!
All in all a very confusing IC, quit trying to reinvent the wheel and look at how other successful KAT sets are doing their kitting.
Ortho kit is currently this (https://i.imgur.com/G6J3lJq.png) which has icon mods [kindly ignored scuffed alignment and sizing consistency issues of legends].
We hear you about black base; that's ended up with lot more positive response than we thought... and now we have to take a good long hard look at what kits we keep, and/or tweak and what to throw out. Will honestly confess that the black base mods were added as an afterthought, as we were originally working with blue base mods as the core.
We will touch up our IC over the next few days, to make it a bit less confusing, and also cull a few of the unpopular options to make things a bit leaner.
We're not really reinventing the wheel. We used KAT refined's F-row split off idea, to split it from the standard mod kit.
We also made just a budget 60% only version of the mod variations (i.e. how KAT Cyberspace did a TKL-only kit - but he simplified by just making it one complete set with preset alphas).
All other kits are just standard based on KAT monochrome's kit structure.
However, we suffer from offering too many options at this stage given that we have both Alien and English alphas, multiple Mod legends options from Alien, Icon, Text, and two different Mod backgrounds (blue and black), and also sometimes offering mono-colours instead of gradient.
As we get further Gform feedback, we have a good idea of how to help slim things down, and potentially come up with executive decisions on what we will finally offer.

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 August 2020, 05:23:06 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline norb

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 05:15:23 »
pretty sweet! but why are all the iso enters black and the novelty seems to be another shade of blue?
they should def be mod colored imo.

Yeah, so, turns out, even though I put a decent number of hours into making this, it's still very broken, and there is a lot of refinement needed, I just thought that maybe I'd like to risk it and post an IC with what I have so far to gauge if this was really an idea worth pursuing, that being said, I had seen some previous "bad" ICs like GMK Holy Panda, and I did some more research, so, I am in no position to say that I am experienced in this field nor can I say that I can speak for every new designer, but I would like to say that Geek Hack, as it is, is one of the most dangerous and hostile places to showcase a design, albeit without it, keycap designing would not exist in the full volume that it does today, but I would seriously think about creating a way for "pre-IC" concepts to be posted on GH. I know that the mods and whoever manage this site have been plagued about this, but I just wanted to remind them, and I'm not telling you how to do your job, I just think that if GH were more concept friendly, this community could grow in an order of magnitude. As for the ISO, (the main point of this comment, haha) I will add a blue ISO enter as well, to both kits, I just personally really like the black ISO enter.

sounds good. else you would limit the ISO users to the black mods, which i seem to have overlooked before creating my post.

the multi-colored novelties are badass, if they're possible this way i can see this go through the roof!

Offline Mimiq

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 10:53:12 »
Big fan of KAT and love the theme! Hoping that the spacebar with gradient diagonals is able to be included in the novelties.

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 15:28:38 »
Love the colours/design of this set, will be definitely watching for this when it goes to GB. The novelties and deskmat  :-*

Offline sheegor

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 23:02:47 »
i have been considering keyboards for a while but nothing really felt ME and it just didn't felt like a hobby I was meant to get into. UNTIL NOW! This is the coolest, most creative, and legit most original design I've seen ever. I LOVE Zeta Pup & Space Kat and I am SO EXCITED to support this, and I cannot wait for more details! <3

Offline Megafloras

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 03:36:33 »
Jayne from the discord here, just wanted to report here to say I filled the IC and I am so excited for this set to become a reality. You guys have been open and thorough the entire time and I really love it, keep up the great work, and keep being awesome!!

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 10:51:36 »
interesting set, would keep an eye on this IC

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 11:55:36 »
I don't have any experience with the KAT profile, but I am willing to give it a shot for this.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline noower3315

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 12:59:31 »
looks very tasty, i would buy. Hope the mods stay red-blue, it's a very interesting idea.

Offline FireLock

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 13:47:51 »
This is so awesome. I am so IN! Everything about this set is super awesome.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline beyonddc

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 22:46:15 »
Looks good

Offline klutch

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:12:56 »
I want far more kits than my wallet will be happy about. Looks fantastic.

Offline PRJKT_

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:31:57 »
I'm in!

Offline elkgrove

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 16:24:47 »
grrr i love this set way too much. so many kits i need

Offline TaurusTrades

• Taurus trades Etsy Store
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 18:52:12 »
Yes, yes, those desk mats  :p

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 19:34:08 »
grrr i love this set way too much. so many kits i need

Yeah I'm actually struggling to put together a kit for just ONE keyboard, but I think I could easily build 4 keyboards and be happy with the options.

Offline creativikey

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 21:35:59 »
I love this set! I've been following your posts on Reddit and I'm excited to see it come this far!

I like how half of the comments in this thread are something like "this is great" and the other half are like "this is a mess." Polarizing set, I guess. I really like the alien alphas though, will definitely be picking up a set of those!

Offline PseudoLlama

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 23:06:59 »
Update coming soon! We have taken a lot of the advice from the IC form to heart and have done some revamping of the kits and will also be reformatting the IC entirely. Glad to see many people like the set.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 06:21:52 »
What's with all the influx of new accounts hyping this up. Shady AF.

Offline badbusinessman

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 15:34:56 »
Would love to see some renders that are less busy and more minimal!

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 16:57:51 »
Pretty sure that this set was made for me! I don't know who got into my brain but I hope all the rest of what is in there didn't freak them out.

Offline PseudoLlama

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 20:35:50 »

Yeah, most of these are from my discord server, I promoted a ton on Reddit before, and I guess most of them hadn't used GH much before, I get it seems sketch, but I assure you it's not :)

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 00:53:28 »

Yeah, most of these are from my discord server, I promoted a ton on Reddit before, and I guess most of them hadn't used GH much before, I get it seems sketch, but I assure you it's not :)

lol, i'm hyped and im not a new acct.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 02:26:44 »
Gonna go straight in and say that my ideal kits probably detract from the overall idea for the set, I'm not really a fan of of any of the text mods - Would love to see Black Base with icons and a full set of Latin Rainbow Barf.

Offline OfficialP3

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 04:54:17 »
No ISO kits in KAT, big nono from me, sadly. Set looks awesome though.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Offline nocookieforyou

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 05:52:48 »
Filled out the IC with some suggestions. Really nice set!

Offline PseudoLlama

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 13:41:25 »
No ISO kits in KAT, big nono from me, sadly. Set looks awesome though.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Hmm, that's strange, we do have ISO kits, could it be that you can't see them? They are located under the expansion.

Offline Inbound

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 14:45:59 »
I love how unique this set is, so fun and creative! Definitely keeping an eye on it :)

Offline quik

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 03:49:59 »
definitely down with this!

Offline LZRD

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 08:04:12 »
Could we get a tilde with the blue legends added for split backspace options?

Offline PseudoLlama

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 16:21:28 »
Could we get a tilde with the blue legends added for split backspace options?

Sure, oversight on our part, will be added to the kitting revamp coming soon, we have taken the advice from the previous IC form and made a bunch of changes, we will also be rolling out the north and south kits as well.

Offline Ponizu

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 18:31:27 »
One of the best i've seen here in a while.

Im in love!

Following this!  :-*

Offline tkgamer62

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 00:42:12 »
found this trolling geekhack looking for a good 75% keyboard to build. Was origionally going to replace my aging (getting tired of looking at it) GMK Deep Space caps with KAT mizu when it goes into group buy. Now I will wait for this....please hurry I need this in my life. Even the wife approves of them, space dog made her say yes,

Offline ImaBlackBelt

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 13:57:36 »
Damn I love this

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 04:59:40 »
The novelties, omg. I love it

Offline Lovepig78

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:20:32 »
keeping an eye on this

Offline Cantello

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 02:01:44 »
If the colours are as vibrant on the final keys as they are in the renders, this will be a beautiful set!

Offline sLice84

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 10:33:46 »
LOVE THIS. Hate that I have to buy them all because every single offering is INCREDIBLE... Sheesh... Mortgage or Space Dust... SPACE DUST!!

Offline tkgamer62

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 10:36:00 »
any updates?

Offline Obamas Mama

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 13:22:30 »
Finally something different! I'm in

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 13:26:52 »
Any consideration for offering actual cadet alphas similar to space cadet? That would be really hype!

Offline PseudoLlama

Re: [IC] KAT Space Dust [Update: 9/12/20 Reworked Full sized Modifiers]
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 12:10:05 »
Hello! Sorry that progress updates have been slow, I have a habit of not liking to release things until I have a substantial amount of work done, I don't like releasing small updates, but don't worry, I'm not dead, and neither is the set. There have been a lot of new ideas that we have been working with, some ideas that we have had to cut, and a lot of thinking involved in regards to novelty kitting. That being said, I thought that I'd release a semi-major update: full-sized mods have been updated, Lazer mods are gone, and now all variants have a black version, only the black mods have the continuation of the gradient, doing it with the blue mods creates legibility issues. We also have a few new novelties to leak, so stay posted for those, or, you can join the discord server for early leaks. https://discord.gg/kYqCFJB

Thanks!

Offline violeaf

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:03:47 »
Looking good so far, although perhaps there are missing black alphas and mods in the UK ISO kit?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 02:15:52 »
How do you keep going one better with each update :eek: amazing work

Offline pandaman97

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 03:18:23 »
Dude  :eek: You just make it better and better  :thumb: I'm totally in