Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2359650 times)

Offline JustCallMeCrash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • ErgoDox Lover
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #1000 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 09:13:31 »
Price check on a steel-plated Poker with browns and stock case and caps.
ErgoDoxen 6 total: Cherry MX Browns, Cherry MX Clears, NovelKeys Box Royal, 80g Gateron Yellows, NovelKeys Pale Blues, NovelKeys Box Navy.
Preonic 2 total: OG Gateron Yellows (GMK silencer clips), TBD (unassembled v2).
XD-75 (mixed Gateron Yellows, MX Blacks, MX Clears on layer toggles).
Das S Professional (was MX Blues, now Ghetto Reds).
G80-11900.
ML-4400 (2x) Cherry MY boards.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1001 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 09:15:08 »
Hey can someone tell me how much a dolch set is worth now a days? Thanks!
Originative will be releasing a full Dolch 110-key set made by GMK with the original Dolch (Cherry) moulds. Because of this I would expect the price of the original sets to drop a large amount.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline JustCallMeCrash

• ErgoDox Lover
« Reply #1002 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 09:16:32 »
Oh, I may also want to part ways with my DAS Ultimate, modded to Ghetto Reds, stock caps, custom painted (will repaint by request) case.
ErgoDoxen 6 total: Cherry MX Browns, Cherry MX Clears, NovelKeys Box Royal, 80g Gateron Yellows, NovelKeys Pale Blues, NovelKeys Box Navy.
G80-11900.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1003 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 10:27:37 »
Hey can someone tell me how much a dolch set is worth now a days? Thanks!
Originative will be releasing a full Dolch 110-key set made by GMK with the original Dolch (Cherry) moulds. Because of this I would expect the price of the original sets to drop a large amount.

I would say quite a bit since sherries set will have a lot of extra caps as well
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 10:42:14 »
ALSO: Looking for a price check on a Poker with Vintage blacks, lubed, stickered, steel case, and no caps.
Going back to your old ways... le sigh. $100 to me, I'll be selling it back to its rightful owner.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1005 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:04:21 »
ALSO: Looking for a price check on a Poker with Vintage blacks, lubed, stickered, steel case, and no caps.
Going back to your old ways... le sigh. $100 to me, I'll be selling it back to its rightful owner.

Whatchu talkin bout fry?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1006 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:35:15 »

New Pokers were selling for around $95 at MK.com. The fact that you've plated it adds at least $25, since most plates were about that price, so I think you could get anywhere from $125 - $150.

Offline JustCallMeCrash

• ErgoDox Lover
« Reply #1007 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:41:37 »

New Pokers were selling for around $95 at MK.com. The fact that you've plated it adds at least $25, since most plates were about that price, so I think you could get anywhere from $125 - $150.
Thank you, mashby.  I'd be willing to change the stem, too, if anyone wanted me to.  I have Black, Clear and Blue stems besides the Browns that are in it.
G80-11900.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1008 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:14:44 »

Whatchu talkin bout fry?
That Poker was Gupgup's. I believe that Rarar acquired it last weekend and is now looking to flip it already.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #1009 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:13:00 »
wow **** you guys. not even mine yet, gupgup said its worth 300 but I wasnt sure.  way to keep the lynch mob going.
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:17:53 »
wow **** you guys. not even mine yet, gupgup said its worth 300 but I wasnt sure.  way to keep the lynch mob going.

dont be so aggressive and defensive man, if someone has taken something you have said out of context due to a lack of information just correct them, there is no need for all the hostility, it may be perfectly justified for people to jump to a conclusion like this even though it isnt fair, but dont bite back, it doesnt help you at all in a time when people will be overly critical
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 15:44:32 »
Sorry. Did seem like you were trying to sell it. Live and learn.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 16:07:16 »
FYI (not just for you-know-who), asking what something is worth here in this thread, when someone is offering that same something to you at a certain price, can be seen as a **** move. If you really don't know what the value of the item is that you're interested in, maybe you shouldn't be trying to buy it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 16:10:01 »
FYI (not just for you-know-who), asking what something is worth here in this thread, when someone is offering that same something to you at a certain price, can be seen as a **** move. If you really don't know what the value of the item is that you're interested in, maybe you shouldn't be trying to buy it.

this is spock wisdom at its finest +1

but let me ask a sincere question do you guys put your keyboards etc...even some of the click clacks etc.....on your home owners insurance or whatever? I ask here because were talking about what stuff is worth so it kind of made sense....

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 16:33:08 »
You honestly think thieves will take the time to steal your KEYBOARDS?!... They'll take the tower and monitor...
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 16:53:20 »
You honestly think thieves will take the time to steal your KEYBOARDS?!... They'll take the tower and monitor...

I was thinking more of if my house were to burn down, had a relative who recently went through this and they had a hard time getting the money because they couldn't give a 'value' for a lot of their belongings.

Offline JustCallMeCrash

• ErgoDox Lover
« Reply #1016 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 17:38:59 »
They'd need very strong backs indeed to steal my tower (Switch 810 with watercooling... weighs about 60kg) and my monitors are on arms, bolted to the desk. :-)  But yeah, I'd  be fracked in a fire. >_>
G80-11900.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 17:44:03 »
They'd see my liquid cooled tower "**** It!", and take the crapbox midtower to the left.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 17:44:06 »
They'd need very strong backs indeed to steal my tower (Switch 810 with watercooling... weighs about 60kg) and my monitors are on arms, bolted to the desk. :-)  But yeah, I'd  be fracked in a fire. >_>

I super-glued my tower to the carpet  :cool:

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 17:45:36 »
I super-glued my tower to the carpet  :cool:

Well aren't you... "Special"... How does one accomplish such a feat of ingenuity?
R.I.P.ster

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1020 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 05:39:53 »
Could I please have a price check on the following:

1st - Stock Poker Keycaps (ANSI) (I think they're ABS - are they?) - They have been used (not by me) but seem in fairly good condition with very little shine.  The only slight discolouration seems to be on the WASD cluster.

2nd - Filco Ninja Keycaps (TKL ANSI + 2 extra Windows caps) - Never used as I took them straight off my Filco when it arrived to put on some Cherry DS caps instead.

Thanks

GK
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Akheron

« Reply #1021 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 08:48:32 »
So, I'm a bit late with this, but I bought a Cherry G81-3000LPD (thick pbt lasered key caps, German ISO, from 1995) for ~18USD. It's not fully functional but I only wanted the key caps anyhow. :)

Do you think it was a good deal?

(Fits my Leopold ISO nicely, except the caps lock; and the bottom row of course. Much better to type than with the original caps.)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 08:56:24 »
So, I'm a bit late with this, but I bought a Cherry G81-3000LPD (thick pbt lasered key caps, German ISO, from 1995) for ~18USD. It's not fully functional but I only wanted the key caps anyhow. :)

Do you think it was a good deal?

(Fits my Leopold ISO nicely, except the caps lock; and the bottom row of course. Much better to type than with the original caps.)

Yes, that's a decent price for those keycaps. Which is all you would want it for. Nobody likes typing on wet newspapers.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1023 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:02:50 »
GeorgeK, I bought stock poker caps (pbt) for $35 brand new, bought used ones for $25, and also sold them again for $25 without any trouble.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:29:56 »
Few simple items I want to sell. I think I have decent idea of their value, but thought it may be better to ask here. Some are not keyboard related, but someone may have an idea of what it would typically sell for on GH.

1. Thin WYSE double shot keycap set (104 key) + Moogle. Near new condition. Some almost invisible shine on the spacebar.
2. Tenkeyless set of KBC engraved PBT (87 key). Near new condition. Some almost invisible shine on the spacebar. F-keys have media symbols
3. Tenkeyless set of standard filco ABS keycaps (87 key). Not used. Including Filco purple WASD and red Escape key.
4. White gasmask keycap
5. Bag of miscellaneous keycaps. 1x anodized aluminum flaming skull, 5x keypop double shot abs, 2x techkeys double shot abs Russia and lightning keycaps
6. Zowie AM gaming mouse. Mint condition, hardly used
7. Ray Ban aviator style sunglasses with carbon fiber feet (tough one :)  ) in perfect condition
8. Thrustmaster Ferrari GT experience wheel and pedals (might not be worth selling here if it is over 2kg, as international shipment fees would be too large). Perfect condition.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:52:44 »
GeorgeK, I bought stock poker caps (pbt) for $35 brand new, bought used ones for $25, and also sold them again for $25 without any trouble.

Ah so they're pbt then - shows what I know! Thanks for that - most helpful (and slightly more than I thought).  Anyone got any ideas about the Filco caps?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline loller7

« Reply #1026 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 16:23:21 »
What is my Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja with Qwerty, MX-Brown Switches and O-Ring Mod worth? It has no big traces of usage and comes in the original packaging.

Offline rao2100

« Reply #1027 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:55:16 »
Hi Guys,

What is my Red Alert 2.0 Base Set worth?

Used except for the 37 which I put on something else.

Thanks.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1028 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:16:16 »
Can I get a price check on 102 orange omron switches?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1029 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:20:46 »
OMNOMNOMNOM. How's that price for you?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1030 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:28:38 »

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) So much love there. Not to mention the avatars at work.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1031 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 14:58:13 »

Not good enough!!! Where's akimbro? He should have an estimate to what these are worth. I hear they are tight switches!

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #1032 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 03:49:24 »
Need Price check on Razer BlackWidow one Month old (only One week used). all Caps with O-rings and Red Esc from WASD + Arrows in Orange.
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1033 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 03:58:18 »
Need Price check on Razer BlackWidow one Month old (only One week used). all Caps with O-rings and Red Esc from WASD + Arrows in Orange.

Here? You wont sell it for more than the value of the switches, so 104x0.40 (Used) $40-ish
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #1034 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 04:03:10 »

Here? You wont sell it for more than the value of the switches, so 104x0.40 (Used) $40-ish
  :eek:
:rofl:
not here i know that here will be no one to buy it  :p
ne i m going to sell it on E-bay ;)
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1035 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 07:21:21 »
My friend, your collection is indeed unusual.

"Razer Black Widow | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK |"

You like Razer and Marquardt at the same time???

:D :D :D :D :D

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #1036 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 08:53:29 »
My friend, your collection is indeed unusual.

"Razer Black Widow | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK |"

You like Razer and Marquardt at the same time???

:D :D :D :D :D

indeed i know :D
no the Razer was my Birthday present didnt choose it ;) actually thats why wana sell it  :p
...ok give it up delete it from sig :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 May 2013, 08:57:50 by numerus »

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #1037 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 13:41:04 »
Price check on a 11 month old Filco Majestouch-2 TKL MX Browns in UK ISO layout with stock printed keycaps and a 2 meter white MDPC-X sleeved cable? How much would be a reasonable price to ask (In GBP)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1038 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 16:30:43 »
Painted up a few keys to try some color options.  Selling off the ones I didn't use.  Keys are Wyse DS function row.

4 matching metallic silver over metallic blue: (was meant to replace my F5 thru F8 keys and match my Wyse setup). 
21761-0

key at the top is a very dark blue under the metallic silver.  It actually matches the wyse set nicely.  Picture looks like black. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline gliy

« Reply #1039 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 16:33:25 »
Painted up a few keys to try some color options.  Selling off the ones I didn't use.  Keys are Wyse DS function row.

4 matching metallic silver over metallic blue: (was meant to replace my F5 thru F8 keys and match my Wyse setup). 
(Attachment Link)

key at the top is a very dark blue under the metallic silver.  It actually matches the wyse set nicely.  Picture looks like black. 

Painted caps usually sell for around cost + shipping(I've seen them go for anywhere between $10-15), thats if anyone buys them...

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1040 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 01:08:13 »
Ducky shine 2 TKL 9K series blue switches and white LED?
Very best,

Offline mbc

• -delete-
« Reply #1041 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 09:11:09 »
How much is a
Rebel Red Alert set with all extras?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 19:05:29 »
How much is a
Rebel Red Alert set with all extras?

I think I paid $215 for mine.

in memoriam

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1043 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 19:10:21 »
Ducky Shine 2 DK9087 TKL MX Blue with White LEDs?

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 05:47:59 »
Price check on a 11 month old Filco Majestouch-2 TKL MX Browns in UK ISO layout with stock printed keycaps and a 2 meter white MDPC-X sleeved cable? How much would be a reasonable price to ask (In GBP)

Any ideas?

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 06:33:36 »

Any ideas?

£70 / £80 would be very reasonable
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:36:43 »
Any ideas here too?  In USD preferably.  Thanks!  ;)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:59:53 »

I'd say about $100 + shipping.

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1048 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 16:43:46 »

I'd say about $100 + shipping.
Sounds fair!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1049 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 16:49:23 »
Sounds fair!

GLWS! You might want to specify that all the switches click too (assuming that it does) because it seems to be an issue lately with clicky switch keyboards.