Author Topic: Post your foobar Skins  (Read 20197 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Post your foobar Skins
« on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:57:09 »
I just downloaded a bunch of FLACs to actually make use of my headphones so I figured I'd download foobar. Right now I'm really liking this theme:

Functionally, DarkOne is definitely the best one I've found. I also really like the look, only seen one or two I like more
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:14:02 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: Post your foobar Skins
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:58:02 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:00:37 »
who needs skins

I love Elzy

Offline ika

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:03:37 »
Been running this layout since 2006. Needs some TLC and I've been meaning to clean up my playlists for almost eight years but never got around to it. http://i.imgur.com/sQjLBLB.png

I've considered strapping a good looking skin to it but I need my playlist and library browser functionality.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:05:30 »
Anyone have a good minimalistic one? Tried using one but it didn't get it right.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:08:39 »
who needs skins

Show Image

True nerdity is if you run it in text mode.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:12:23 »
I just downloaded a bunch of FLACs to actually make use of my headphones so I figured I'd download foobar. Right now I'm really liking this theme:

Show Image

Functionally, definitely the best one I've found. I also really like the look, only seen one or two I like more

You should share the file used for that skin? I would love to have it.

Edit: NVM upon second glance it's called "DarkOne v3.1" I will find it. :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:13:43 »

Show Image

Functionally, definitely the best one I've found. I also really like the look, only seen one or two I like more

Here's the old version I like more: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v3-1-187628705

and here's the most recent update: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v4-360862076

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:14:11 »

Show Image

Here's the old version I like more: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v3-1-187628705

and here's the most recent update: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v4-360862076

thankyou Thankyou!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:01:57 »
Never tried skins, but I built this custom look a few years back and have found it fits my needs ever since.  :) 

Overall the bulk of it is just changing locations of sections, but I did do a bit of code-digging to "fix" those pesky Artist - Album breakdowns in the main track list section.  I hated the default way those were represented, and it didn't jive with how I view/browse my music.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:36:52 »
Functionally, DarkOne is definitely the best one I've found. I also really like the look, only seen one or two I like more

PTH!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:37:47 »

PTH!

Harbinger was so ****in good. Sad there's only one song left in the series though...

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:48:51 »

PTH!

Harbinger was so ****in good. Sad there's only one song left in the series though...

Honestly, I've been down on them since Moe left. There were some super high spots on Volition (A Life Embossed) but nothing that even stands up the perfection of Fortress. I'll support them no matter what they do but Pacific Myth hasn't held my interest outside of Harbinger.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:54:54 »

PTH!

Honestly, I've been down on them since Moe left. There were some super high spots on Volition (A Life Embossed) but nothing that even stands up the perfection of Fortress. I'll support them no matter what they do but Pacific Myth hasn't held my interest outside of Harbinger.

Really? I loved almost everything off Volition (actually Embossed and Animals Bones were the only two I wasn't big on) but I think almost everything they've released was better than Scurrilous (except for C'est La Vie which was awesome). Though I'm also one of those people that liked Kezia as much as Fortress, so I'm fine with them doing either heavier or more proggy stuff.

As for Moe's drumming, I think Mike has been great so far. Honestly, I think the drumming has gotten a bit better, it's not just punk beats galore.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:12:53 »

PTH!

Really? I loved almost everything off Volition (actually Embossed and Animals Bones were the only two I wasn't big on) but I think almost everything they've released was better than Scurrilous (except for C'est La Vie which was awesome). Though I'm also one of those people that liked Kezia as much as Fortress, so I'm fine with them doing either heavier or more proggy stuff.

As for Moe's drumming, I think Mike has been great so far. Honestly, I think the drumming has gotten a bit better, it's not just punk beats galore.

Mike's solid, I just found Moe to be way more creative. Scurrilous was good, but it was always going to be hard to follow Fortress. Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread, just not often you see a fellow PTH fan.

(P.S. as for live though, forget it, they are one of the best live acts I have ever seen)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:21:01 »

PTH!

Mike's solid, I just found Moe to be way more creative. Scurrilous was good, but it was always going to be hard to follow Fortress. Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread, just not often you see a fellow PTH fan.

(P.S. as for live though, forget it, they are one of the best live acts I have ever seen)

Haha, np, I'm always down to talk PTH. I wish they would come to DC sometime. Honestly, I'll probably make the trip the next time they come to NYC

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:40:42 »

We do need some more foobar love. I've used it for years. Here's a custom skin I've had for a bit.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:15:35 »
Show Image

We do need some more foobar love. I've used it for years. Here's a custom skin I've had for a bit.

Looks nice.  :)  What order are your artists and/or albums on the left sorted in?  O.o

Offline jaffers

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:22:31 »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator

Offline Coreda

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:51:53 »
I use the Default UI w/ JScript + Facets + EsPlaylist. I've seen a host of Columns UI skins over the years but never found any that functionally suit what I want, though many look pretty in screenshots. Here's a decent Windows 10 styled skin from colagen on the HA forums:

133630-0

Another some would be familiar with is Falstaff's iTunes skin:

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 15:07:50 »
Show Image

Looks nice.  :)  What order are your artists and/or albums on the left sorted in?  O.o

Just sorted in order of what I listen to the most often, I hate going through the entire list when it is alphabetical just to get to my fav artists.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 15:11:13 »

Sorry for the ****ty pic, will upload a better one when I get home.

CUI FTW
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 15:13:49 by dgneo »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 16:51:26 »
Show Image

Just sorted in order of what I listen to the most often, I hate going through the entire list when it is alphabetical just to get to my fav artists.

Ahhhh, I gotcha.  :thumb:  I usually just use playlists for that.  :)

Offline Borewicz

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 16:40:15 »
Show Image

WOW :eek:
What's the name of this skin?
I can get download somewhere or buy?