Author Topic: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Group buy is Live! (Custom hiragana)  (Read 81208 times)

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Keyset + Deskmat |(UPDATED RENDERS) 27/10
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 06:08:32 »
Good news! & updates! gmk has replied, Mold and hiragana has been confirmed! and we're good to go we will soon proceed into GB (not sure when) but please do join my discord server!

Offline Shirogane

Yay the Discord link is up! I'm excited! Ya'll please join and support the INUKUMA!!

Offline Etherealsound

That cream looks wonderful. Wasn't planning on joining another GMK GB this year but oh well, count me in.

Offline Klyback

It looks fantastic.

Offline sup3r170va

Can I ask what are the colours used? Thanks.

Offline Rūku

Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Updated Kitting 25/11
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 00:34:19 »
Such a nice set. Can't wait!

Offline dibstern

Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Vendors Announced 05/12
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 18:25:44 »
I love the colour scheme, I’d be super interested in a Latin version!

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | GB starts 1st February 2021! Pricing TBA
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 23:11:41 »
Some (more) suggestions on kitting:
* would be nice to have a non-novelty enter key
* I find it odd that the non stepped caps lock is text and the stepped caps lock is icon, consistently text would be nice I think
* one of the three R4 1.5u controls can be removed
* one of the three R4 1u codes can be turned into a second R4 1u alt
* the R1 pg dn key is duplicated in the base and numpad kits and one can be removed
* removing all doubleshot keys from the spacebar kit should help the price a lot, most sets just put the Alice b in the base kit
* one of the three 2u spacebars can be removed
* two 3u spacebars could be added

Also you have physical ortho support with numpad which is awesome, if you wanted to add physical 40% support it'd just require three keys in base or the kind of numpad/extension kit you have going:
* R2 1.75u backspace
* R3 1.25u tab
* R3 1.5u enter

Also doesn't super matter but the numpad render has 1 - 3 reversed 😁

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 02:13:56 »
Please add R3 pipe key to base kit to fullfill the ISO-US. Also please move the accent ISO enter from numpad to base kit.

Offline Buburoo

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:27:38 »
Will this have the same hiragana font as in the renders or standard GMK hiragana molds?

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:35:10 »
Will this have the same hiragana font as in the renders or standard GMK hiragana molds?

yes it will~

Some (more) suggestions on kitting:
* would be nice to have a non-novelty enter key
* I find it odd that the non stepped caps lock is text and the stepped caps lock is icon, consistently text would be nice I think
* one of the three R4 1.5u controls can be removed
* one of the three R4 1u codes can be turned into a second R4 1u alt
* the R1 pg dn key is duplicated in the base and numpad kits and one can be removed
* removing all doubleshot keys from the spacebar kit should help the price a lot, most sets just put the Alice b in the base kit
* one of the three 2u spacebars can be removed
* two 3u spacebars could be added

Also you have physical ortho support with numpad which is awesome, if you wanted to add physical 40% support it'd just require three keys in base or the kind of numpad/extension kit you have going:
* R2 1.75u backspace
* R3 1.25u tab
* R3 1.5u enter

Also doesn't super matter but the numpad render has 1 - 3 reversed 😁

oh ****t i didnt noticed LOLLL how did i even....... LMAO thank u tho.. thanks for the feedback~ i will apply this for future sets. As i am gonna hit GB on 1st Feb.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:44:37 »
i will apply this for future sets. As i am gonna hit GB on 1st Feb.

You're okay with people spending their money on unnecessary keys and bad kitting so you can rush to group buy? That's massively disappointing.

Even selfishly, with literally a dozen other GMK sets running in the month of February, it's likely in your best interest to improve your kitting.

GLWGB.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:55:43 »

You're okay with people spending their money on unnecessary keys and bad kitting so you can rush to group buy? That's massively disappointing.

Even selfishly, with literally a dozen other GMK sets running in the month of February, it's likely in your best interest to improve your kitting.

GLWGB.

+1

Edit: taking a look over at base again there’s a couple more very questionable things. Really don’t think this should be running as is.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2021, 07:01:43 by ttom »
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 07:07:11 »
taking a look over at base again there’s a couple more very questionable things. Really don’t think this should be running as is.

Aside from the iso enter in the numpad kit and the lack of F13 and r3/R4 pg up/pg dn, what else is there? I'm curious what I missed. I agree with the sentiment though.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 07:25:33 »
taking a look over at base again there’s a couple more very questionable things. Really don’t think this should be running as is.

Aside from the iso enter in the numpad kit and the lack of F13 and r3/R4 pg up/pg dn, what else is there? I'm curious what I missed. I agree with the sentiment though.

- no R3 ISO key
- icon 1.50 backspace (though debatably this is a preference thing)
- duplicate R1 insert
- R1 PgDn should be only in numpad kit as it’s for 1800 layouts (though you mentioned this)
- R4 hyper unnecessary
- R4 1.25 shift is icon only
- if you’re running numpad separately 00 is a good key to add
- interested as to why one 6u bar is accent, other is alpha
- convex B in spacebars is interesting
- if you’ve got 2 1.00 alt’s as you suggest, a second 1.50 code would be nice. Though I’d argue this base doesn’t need either, and just 1x 1.00 Alt and Ctrl would be enough.

There’s an argument to be made for ortho support with some of those R4 keys but I wouldn’t do it myself
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline Beenoman

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:30:12 »
This looks super nice, but like everyone else is saying, just go with ePBT or JTK

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:37:50 »

GLWGB.

+1

Edit: taking a look over at base again there’s a couple more very questionable things. Really don’t think this should be running as is.

Ive seek helped for all around kitting. Im pretty sure i cant make everyone happy as it is, i did not rush into stuff when i posted the kit for months and getting feedbacks and working things out with my vendor. U can always pm me the issues discord to further discuss this. Instead of telling me that “i am okay with people buying bad kitting.”

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:48:18 »

GLWGB.

+1

Ive seek helped for all around kitting. Im pretty sure i cant make everyone happy as it is, i did not rush into stuff when i posted the kit for months and getting feedbacks and working things out with my vendor. U can always pm me the issues discord to further discuss this. Instead of telling me that “i am okay with people buying bad kitting.”

Many of my suggestions aren't preference-based, they're duplicate keys or missing keys. This isn't a case of "you must include what I want", it's "you're charging people for keys that literally nobody uses".

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:57:28 »

GLWGB.

+1

There are quite a few basic kitting errors in the base kit, the lack of R3 pipe key for ISO in base for exemple, without a R3 ISO key, the ISO compatibility is totally useless. Also, putting an accent ISO enter key in numpad kit does not make any sense, this will increase the price of numpad kit, it is better to include this accent ISO enter directly in the base kit.

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:59:00 »

GLWGB.

+1

Many of my suggestions aren't preference-based, they're duplicate keys or missing keys. This isn't a case of "you must include what I want", it's "you're charging people for keys that literally nobody uses".

Ahh this made sense now. I agree with u, i will see how to work things out

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:34:05 »
Somehow just discovered this now.

These are the coolest Hiragana sub-legends I have ever seen !

But sadly a bit disappointed in the final kitting.

I really loved the picture with beige modifiers, beige F5-F8, beige arrows etc. It really had an awesome contrast.

This is still very tempting and the beige/navy works really well together, but having only 2 beige keys (3 if I can justify buying the space bars only for 1 key) is a bit of a letdown for me :(

Since the basekit offers beige and navy Esc and Enter, why not provide beige Spacebar also?
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:39:16 by CookieFlow »

Offline vocal118

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 01:24:48 »
zf,come on

Offline Havattack

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 23:01:40 »

I really loved the picture with beige modifiers, beige F5-F8, beige arrows etc. It really had an awesome contrast.

This is still very tempting and the beige/navy works really well together, but having only 2 beige keys (3 if I can justify buying the space bars only for 1 key) is a bit of a letdown for me :(

Since the basekit offers beige and navy Esc and Enter, why not provide beige Spacebar also?
For some annoying reason, maybe  just tradition or something, none of these GB's kits include an alternate color space bar in the base kit.  Every single one of them force me to buy the base, novelty, and space bar kit, and half the time, they have alternate alpha/modifier kit that is far superior then the base, and i have to buy that to..
I wish they would include polls, for what people want in the base kit.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:46:21 »

For some annoying reason, maybe  just tradition or something, none of these GB's kits include an alternate color space bar in the base kit.  Every single one of them force me to buy the base, novelty, and space bar kit, and half the time, they have alternate alpha/modifier kit that is far superior then the base, and i have to buy that to..
Gmk Iceberg and gmk devoted have everything you need in base. Their gb start in Feb 2021

Offline Havattack

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 14:05:49 »

Gmk Iceberg and gmk devoted have everything you need in base. Their gb start in Feb 2021
Yes, those are 2 very well designed kits, unfortunately ( or fortunately when it comes to my wallet) the colorways are not to my preference.

Offline bb1998zyb

• OVO
Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Group buy on 15th Feb
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 02:45:16 »
Agreed with that dude above.The kitting makes me spend a lot more money on space bar kits and some alt color kits,I think designers should do kitting based on customers interest instead of doing it like a business man.After all we stay together because of love but not because of money.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 05:02:56 »

What I’ve seen from designers regarding questions like this is that the attempt, in general, is to keep the price of the base kit as low as possible while maintaining the maximum amount of compatibility. Every time somebody wants an extra B (which has become much more common) or a different colour option for the space, it nudges the price up.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 05:14:00 »

What I’ve seen from designers regarding questions like this is that the attempt, in general, is to keep the price of the base kit as low as possible while maintaining the maximum amount of compatibility. Every time somebody wants an extra B (which has become much more common) or a different colour option for the space, it nudges the price up.
thank u for this. Really☺️

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 05:19:02 »

It’s a hard job keeping everyone happy - even when you try really hard to offer something for everyone (I’m looking at you, lack of 1.25U enter in the 40% kit of Bento.. hehe)

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 05:20:22 »

It’s a hard job keeping everyone happy - even when you try really hard to offer something for everyone (I’m looking at you, lack of 1.25U enter in the 40% kit of Bento.. hehe)

😂😂 sh... ii..

Offline keycap_set

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 14:07:04 »
What is the source of inspiration for this keycap set ? or original character ?

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 14:34:12 »
Are the kitting errors planned to be fixed for group buy?

It seems like a shame to have so much waste in such a great design.  The price is already high due to the new molds, it could've been shaved down just a bit without wasteful kitting.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 16:12:24 »
was concerned for the number of new molds that were needed for this set production timeline wise

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 02:40:03 »
Finally a set that resembles the one in Rama's render   
I'm in

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 02:42:34 »
What does Inukuma mean?

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 03:16:20 »
What does Inukuma mean?

It says 犬熊 or 'dog bear' in Japanese.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
Re: [GB] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Group buy is Live!
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 21:35:26 »
Does anyone know if the base color for this is black or a deep navy?

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 21:37:18 »

Deep navy

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 21:38:26 »

Deep navy
Awesome!! Going to snag a few kits now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 04:06:22 »

Offline guill3m

• Shut up and take my money
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 07:46:13 »
Will this be produced with the standard GMK hiragana sublegends or with the custom ones seen in the renders? I don't seem to find a definitive answer in the entire thread.

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 07:48:27 »
Will this be produced with the standard GMK hiragana sublegends or with the custom ones seen in the renders? I don't seem to find a definitive answer in the entire thread.

Sorry, i will update the thread for this confusion~
Yes u will get the custom hiragana not the default hiragana as it’s a whole new mold for it

Offline guill3m

• Shut up and take my money
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 07:53:35 »

Sorry, i will update the thread for this confusion~
Yes u will get the custom hiragana not the default hiragana as it’s a whole new mold for it

Cool, that explains the price tag I guess. My suggestion would be to make that very clear in the first post and the vendor pages. To me, the sublegends make the set, so you want to make it clear this is what you get.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [GB] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Group buy is Live! (Custom hiragana)
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 08:38:49 »
You may want to post a brand new GB thread in the Group Buy section of the forum.

And you should definitely make a bigger deal about your new sublegends.  That's probably the most important feature of this set.

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 08:40:18 »
You may want to post a brand new GB thread in the Group Buy section of the forum.

And you should definitely make a bigger deal about your new sublegends.  That's probably the most important feature of this set.

oh do i have to? i thought usually it will transfered over by the moderators idk..

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 08:50:50 »

oh do i have to? i thought usually it will transfered over by the moderators idk..

No, it's a separate thread.  Usually the content of your initial post will be very similar.  The main difference is that Geekhack mods have to approve Group Buy threads before they go up, while Interest Check threads don't have to wait for that.

There are some bots that post to Discord servers and such any time a new thread comes up in that subforum, so posting a new thread should help a little with advertising.  One thing I've seen suggested is that after you post, use the "report" functionality to report your own thread to the mods and let them know that it's awaiting their approval.

Offline Influenced

• Portfolio Webpage
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 08:52:03 »

Ahh okay! Thanks for letting me know😁 i appreciate it alot

No, it's a separate thread.  Usually the content of your initial post will be very similar.  The main difference is that Geekhack mods have to approve Group Buy threads before they go up, while Interest Check threads don't have to wait for that.

There are some bots that post to Discord servers and such any time a new thread comes up in that subforum, so posting a new thread should help a little with advertising.  One thing I've seen suggested is that after you post, use the "report" functionality to report your own thread to the mods and let them know that it's awaiting their approval.

Offline ShenKichin

Re: [IC] GMK Inukuma イヌクマ | Group buy is Live! (Custom hiragana)
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 13:03:16 »
tbh I like the colors on the set a lot. But I feel like this is the reason a lot of GBs will have some "themed" deskmats and then a more minimal simplistic deskmat in the same colors as the set. Because these deskmats are hella fugly. That bear is staring into the deep abyss of twisted my soul and my soul is not staring back at it. No offense.

Offline bert039

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 04:19:57 »
I know it was mentioned that the color is deep navy but is there a specific pantone that can be referenced?

Offline Rx003

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:45:50 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Wish you all the best for the group buy!